1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yogi Keira (Keira) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by saika.city, Sep 5, 2011.

1. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    To be totally honest, she's just 14 years of age. At 14 I wanted to be as famous as Beyonce and as pretty as Koda Kumi, a secret agent, a music producer, an Idol, you name it. A few years down the road and I still don't know what to do with my life [hehe]
    The chances of her becoming a Hollywood actress is really slim, but the chances of her changing her dreams will be high at her age. The best thing for her to do right now is follow her heart no matter how unrealistic her dreams may be. Who knows, in three years time she might come back to join NMB as a 8th gen member and soon be the new Ace of NMB [hehe]

2. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    Some of these girls will find new things while pursuing their dreams. I'm sure a lot of the newer gens dream to become idols and then discover new goals once they become idols. Its all par for the course.

3. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    hmmmm

man i can't believe you went there

lol

4. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    Lol. You left the opening with your "..." after hollywood movies. I just couldn't resist.

5. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I could only accept that kind of answer if it were Milky.

Just saying.

6. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    jooooooooe/Snowman no Ecchi!

7. Ian905

Ian905 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizushima Miyuu
    It's not a zero percent chance. There have been idols that broke in to Hollywood. Tamura Eriko from the US Dragonball Z movies and the TV show Heros started off as an idol in Japan and now she lives and works in LA, same thing with Tamlyn Tomita from The Karate Kid movies. And more recently Mana Ashida stared in Pacific Rim.

It's not going to be easy, but it's been done before.

Regardless though, she's 14. Most 14 year olds have wild dreams about becoming a star in Hollywood, who's to say she'll still feel the same way in six years?

8. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I was really more or less thinking that there are lots of theaters and stuff here in LA, as well as TV and Film studios. Just because she wants to be a Hollywood actress doesn't mean that the next time we see Keila she's going to be in Transformers X: Still Transforming.
    Hilary has a very clear American accent on her Japanese and she's doing fine in AKB48. Keila has a really impressive resume at 14, and if she really does go through with studying abroad then it's definitely possible.

Regardless of what her dream is (I'm 30 and I still don't have a clear dream of what I want to do) at the very least we know that she doesn't feel right being in NMB and so I'm compelled to support that decision.

9. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    I think you missed my point. Hillary is not pretending to be someone who is full Japanese, so it doesn't hurt her idol career. Keira couldn't play someone who is not Japanese because of the accent, but she couldn't play someone who is Japanese because she doesn't look Japanese enough. It may be possible that she could find a role that fits her, but it's just one more obstacle among the many huge ones already stacked against her.

The whole "Follow your dreams no matter what!" mentality causes people to waste their time, maybe their lives, on something that is just never going to happen for 99.9% of them. For her sake, I hope she does change her mind and pursue something that she can realistically achieve.

10. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    ^I would hate to live in the world you inhabit where there are no sunshine and rainbows and everything is cold hard reality. She's 14. No one actually believes she's going to become a Hollywood actress. The probability is really low. But she's 14 and none of us can see the future so we humor her and tell her we support her decision and hope her dreams come true.

She's already achieved more than 99% of the girls in Japan can hope to achieve so I'm not really sure where you're going with that line of argument as well.

11. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    It is well beyond my scope as a fan to comment on whether she can achieve it because frankly, I don't really know her, I don't know how hard she works, I don't know how much training she has, I don't even know her current English skill, I don't know what her concrete plans are, and I don't have any control over it anyway.

Just as it is well beyond my scope to be selfish and say that she should stay. There are many factors I do not know and that kind of social commentary on how to approach the world is beyond this meager idol message board.

12. wasabi

wasabi Kenkyuusei

Like I've said before, she's young and has time on her side. At 14 she already has an impressive résumé compared to other girls her age, having being part of a famous idol franchise. While there's not a 100% chance she'll achieve her dreams, there's absolutely no harm in doing all she can at this early stage in her life. And it won't hurt if people could try to be more positive and optimistic for her.

She can study English, take acting lessons, network with Kansai showbiz people, etc. as a start. I don't know if she is still or plans to be with Yoshimoto but that would be a plus given that agency has so much clout and connections. I'd say she ought to start locally and try to get into dramas (like Momoka and Jo) and work her way from there. From her Sousenkyo video she seems really determined to pursue her dream. She's young and might change her mind later but at this point this is what she is set on doing. I wish her all the best and hopes she realizes her ambitions.

13. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Erm she's still young. She can pick it up pretty easily if she moves abroad. I have many friends who only learned english in high school and at 21 they don't have any accent at all. Besides it is easy to code switch and put on an american accent.

14. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Keira performed Namida no Taikakusen as her double encore song. She was joined by Apon and Yukitsun in the unit with special participation by Jo, Moka, Naru, Ruririn and Miki as all-2nd gen backdancers :cry2:

She's really gone :(

[​IMG]

15. bldspill

bldspill Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Goodbye Keira! :cry2: Good luck with your dreams.

16. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Awww she looked absolutely gorgeous in all of the pics I've seen so far, I'm definitely watching her LOD show. And sad that there's no Fuuchan. T.T

17. netmand

netmand Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Interesting mix of reactions here.

After hearing about this I had this weird thought that I might have a better chance to meet her if she was in my country, even though I don't live anywhere near Hollywood.

18. wasabi

wasabi Kenkyuusei

Some graduation photos. Best of luck, Keila!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    in my home country indonesia, there's this one girl who's part western and was a big hit back in indonesia. then, she flew abroad to study and manage to have a role in one hollywood movie which was released.

my point is, she may not be a hollywood actress in near fututre, but i have faith that she'll atleast appear in one at a long future. but i think if she's studying abroad, atleast go to brazil. it'll be easier for her there.

20. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    aww. it's like manatsu all over again. i just got to love her, but then she graduates. and i missed her already,,, and manatsu too......