Yokoyama Yui Birthday Project

Discussion in 'Finished Projects' started by oatmeal, Nov 7, 2013.

1. oatmeal

oatmeal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    On the 8th of December it's not only the anniversary of AKB48, but also the 21st birthday of Team A Captain Yokoyama Yui! [party] To celebrate this day with her I would like to send her a scrapbook carrying all our well wishes, photos, whatever you can come up with from the international community.

2013 has been a stirring year for Yui. She was embraced by both the NMB members and fans as part of Team N, and sadly saw her NMB concurrency end. For the third time in a row she ranked in the senbatsu during the election at 13, her highest ranking thus far. Successfully completed her U-CAN challenge, obtaining the title of a certified pharmacy clerk. Getting her first center song as a Not Yet B-side celebrating her U-CAN victory. During the Kyocera Dome concert she had to say goodbye to Mariko-sama, who as a sort of goodbye present made her captain of Team A. And now as a senpai she is leading her haremthe young hopefuls of Team A to a bright future. Oh, and how can we forget, 2013 brought us the return of Honmayan! [hehe]

I'm aiming to create a scrapbook of at least 24 pages A4. Of course well purple as per Yui's favourite colour. Please send me a message together with a picture or drawing for Yui in Japanese or English. Size doesn't matter as long as it fits on one A4 sheet. Also include your name/username and your country. Remember that personal contact info or crude messages are not allowed.

Everyone is welcome to contribute to the project, even if she's not your oshi. I'm sure she'll appreciate your warm feelings just as much.

You can either PM me your message to her, or email it to me at animedow@gmail.com

The deadline for this project will be in 3 weeks: Thursday November 28

Let's surprise her and Bisu with something special from her international fans this year!

[​IMG]

2. hikki

hikki Kenkyuusei

She's actually a pharmacy clerk, not a pharmacist... that's like a different of $100,000 US in pay. Still, quite the accomplishment.

Kudos for you to leading the initiative here. I did a last minute thing for the folks here for Yui's 19th birthday. I wonder if it ever got to her.

Your version looks to be a lot of fun and would be something perhaps she'd write about in one of her online journals.

3. oatmeal

oatmeal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Changed that, thanks. In Dutch we call them the same basicly, although indeed there is a distinct difference between the pharmacist and the assistants.

I imagine Yui gets a lot of fan mail, especially on her birthday, so she probably got your letters, but never got around to thanking you specifically. It would be very nice, of course, if she'd post about what we're going to send her. But for now its the feelings that count the most! (as cheesy as that may sounds haha [hehe] )
    You can send her a happy birthday again this year through this project ;)

Thanks to the mods for pinning this. Much appreciated.

4. junjou19

junjou19 Member

I'm pretty handy with things like scrapbooking, so I can help with design if that's needed!

5. bakaouji48

bakaouji48 Kenkyuusei

I want to participate, yuihan no otanjoubi :D

6. Eru Pion

Eru Pion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    That's awesome :awesome: I wonder if she ever got the pic I had sent to her [hehe] [hehe]

Well, she'll become 21 this year so i think we should do sth related to the No. 21
    Like 21 pages minus the cover pages with something special on each of the page, just my opinion though [angel]

I can help with designing too, if you don't mind :)
    And I'll send my message later, and get my friends to send her message too :D

7. firetrucks

firetrucks Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Count me in on this. But as I'm not very artistic, I'll probably be contributing a crappy art of her and Bis and maybe translations.

I'll get to it next week. Let's get fired up for Honmayan! [party]

8. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

The stuff gets to the members, it just depends on whether the member posts about it. Haruppi acknowledged the birthday book that we sent her https://plus.google.com/111907069956262 ... u5jZK1Vbas and Hilary showed a message collection sent to her in one of her videos.

Yui isn't my oshi but I do admire and like her, is just a message ok?, I'm not the artistic type tbh.

9. EraMemory

EraMemory Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Yui's rank 3 in my list.

Definitely. :3

Thank you for doing this, and I will create a message soon :)

10. pakaulaw

pakaulaw Member

Twitter:
    MarJ_Yokoyama
    Ooooh. Expect an entry from me! :)

11. Minoru_21

Minoru_21 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Okay! I might wanna try for this!

12. dsdevil48

dsdevil48 Kenkyuusei

I'm in! i'll e-mail you my work later on okay! :) [hehe]

13. taiseikawano

taiseikawano Kenkyuusei

How are you going to be able to send it to her?

14. DivineIdolMayu

DivineIdolMayu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    I might want to try this since Yui Yokoyama is one of my main oshi. :)

15. fael_c00l

fael_c00l Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kumazawaserina
    Twitter:
    Raphael_Raditya
    i already sent you my work,, check ur email :chuffed: :chuffed:

16. oatmeal

oatmeal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Cool! At the moment I'm designing the main layout in InDesign. If I hit a snag or could use some help fitting things on the pages I'll give you a shout.

I was thinking something along those lines too, but it needs to be at least 24 pages for it to be printed in book form [sweat]

That's perfectly fine.

I'll be sending it to her by mail. The Dutch mail service is quite robust and fast if you use the track&trace option. It's a bit more expensive, but it ensures proper arrival of the package/letter. It'll probably arrive a couple of days after her birthday. But considering how hectic and busy it'll be with the anniversary of the theater and two other girls also share Yui's birthday, I imagine that might not actually be a bad thing.

================================

Thanks for all the support so far everyone! If I need any help along the way I'll let you know. The first messages are starting to roll in. Got yours fael_cool, thanks ;)

It doesn't matter if you're just sending a text message, a short happy birthday Yui, or only a picture. Every contribution is appreciated and I'll make sure it's printed.

17. hikki

hikki Kenkyuusei

I'll definitely throw something in, as well.

Thanks again for doing this.

18. pinkfluffballs

pinkfluffballs Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabe mayu
    Twitter:
    belletagy
    sent mine! hopefully it's fine :^^;:

19. DivineIdolMayu

DivineIdolMayu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    I've sent mine to you via PM, hopefully it will be alright. :)

20. dcille

dcille Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    I want to participate too [blush] I'll do my best to draw a portrait of her and bisu [notme] i'll send it through gmail. I just want to ask since I can't speak japanese language, if I send my english message, will it be translated? :))