1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yokoyama Yui (Yokochan) / Team 8

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Apr 26, 2014.

1. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

^Not only does she talk real cute but she has a slight accent which is very endearing!

When Yokochan talks:
    "Ikenakute" -> "Igenakute"
    "Sugokatta"->"Sukokatta"
    :^^;:

2. Nivaj

Nivaj Kenkyuusei

On a certain show, people accused her of faking her accent. Although she still maintains that she's not faking it.

3. chiuchimu

^Yeah, but it was in a joking way. Even the NMB or HKT girls loose their accent and talk Kanto style(Tokyo accent) when they are in public or with people outside their home prefectures. It's at times when they are not thinking like among people from their home towns, stress situations or alone like in Showroom that they slip back into their accents.:chuffed:

4. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

161031 Showroom 横山結衣(AKB48 チーム8)

if the video does not show watch the video here
    credit uploader

5. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    :awesome:

003.png

Don't fool me, you only know until Fukushima!

6. NitiB

NitiB Kenkyuusei

Saru-chan (Gorila Janaii ! ! !) also has an eyepatch.
    vlcsnap-2016-11-02-20h25m00s420.png
    Regard to SHOWROOM, Yokochan appear more often than I expected. Her number of viewer is quite high & consistent, around 14,000/hr (+/-1,000). It's glad to know that people still interested in her although she've participated just a few event this year. Ratio "Popularity / (Pushing x Event x TVProgram x Gravure)" of Yokochan might be somewhat high.

7. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
  8. chiuchimu

I agree. I think she is maxing her allowed time(if there is such a thing) so She can reach out to fans. Good thing considering she recently doesn't appear on bingo anymore.

9. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
  10. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
  11. NitiB

NitiB Kenkyuusei

12. chiuchimu

Those local shows might give her experience but wont' get her any exposure. I saw the Undokai BluRays, I can't believe how little Yokochan was in them. It's like Management settled on a different set of girls for pushing team8. Yokochan is another girl that will have to fend for herself without assistance of a good talent agency.

13. NitiB

NitiB Kenkyuusei

^ Well...let's be patient a little bit more ? :)

AKB nowaday seems to care only HS and Yokochan's HS were quite poor in the past singles. So management's overlooking her is something understandable for me. But, she did unexpectedly good in the latest single, all her slots were sold out, so if HS is really the point, next year might be her turn. ;)

However, what I'm interested in more is the reason why all Yokochan's slots were sold out ? Despite, since the beginning of this year, she didn't get any significant push, got only LoGiRL's gravure 2 times, no interview, no magazine, participated just a few events, and appeared in AKBINGO not much, so why ? o_O

Imo, Yokochan's talent is a real deal in 48G level. Actually, dancing is her greatest point, but she isn't just good at dancing only, overall of her performance is also unique, powerful and above all, it's "different" from what AKB usually be. She also had proved herself many many times, such as AKBINGO, AKBFES2016, Dance Collaboration with Da-Yoshi, etc., so some AKB fans might don't want to see any true talented girl be wasted by management's hand anymore. :chuffed:

14. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Honestly? This was probably the reason...

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg

It caught people's attention, A LOT!

I know! I know! It sounds bad. But, sometimes, these sort of things are more effective than an entire year of hard work. Remember when the 15th Generation were all kenkyuusei and (almost) everything about them was Naanya? Then this came up...

005.jpg

... and Miion's popularity skyrocketed to a whole new level (no, it wasn't Heavy Rotation like people like to say. I've been paying attention to Miion way before that).

It works the same way as in a relationship: one person might have the most wonderful personality that you will ever find, but if you don't find that person attractive at first, the chances that you will have anything with that person are low. First feel attracted, then find out how interesting he/she is.

After all, that AKBINGO! where Yoko trashed the competition didn't change her handshake numbers at all, but right after that event she suddenly sells out all of her slots, resale included. Too much of a coincidence. But ask Fourever, he can be a better judge than me.

15. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    Hashimoto Kanna basically has a career because of a photo. Even if the new found popularity is because some otakus are overly sexualising a 15!!!-year old, you take what you get.

Just googled her age, JESUS 15!!! Man she is going to be a heartbreaker in her 20s

16. chiuchimu

^I think we in Yokochan's forum are in the minority right now. Most people don't seem to equate Yokochan at the top of the cute category(everyone agrees she is a killer dancer).

I think that's OK. Some girls are pretty with very little cuteness though watching Yokochan's showroom, it's clear she has a very cute personality and voice. Besides, Izumi Sakai had nothing cute about her but she was one of the prettiest girls in jpop during the 90s. I think Yokochan is getting prettier each month. I hope she keeps up the high HS events so that management is forced to push her again.

17. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    ^^ I think overbites are cute. I like Jurina for the same reason. Who in the 48group has a better one?

18. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
  19. chiuchimu

I notice besides the over bite, she also has a unique mouth. The edges of her lips turn downwards often.[hehe]

20. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen: