1. Results for our 11th Annual Stage48 Member Ranking are being revealed! Click here to see it and check how your oshimen did! Updated daily.

Yokoyama Yui (Yui)

Discussion in 'Team A' started by haruna_hamasaki, Dec 13, 2009.

1. jenel.f0506

jenel.f0506 Kenkyuusei

Is that necessary to do?
    I mean, showing support to someone doesn't mean that you have to tell everyone about it.

Sent from my Lenovo K10e70 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. lilwisper

lilwisper Kenkyuusei

Oh for sure. I totally agree with you. I was just saying I can see why some folks felt a certain way about her tweet and offered one that might have been better in folks eyes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. jenel.f0506

jenel.f0506 Kenkyuusei

Then we are the same to the people who assault the ngt member.
    Saying harsh words to yuihan isn't that verbal abuse which can lead also to trauma?

We cannot force them the things that what we want them to do.
    For me yuihan tweet is an indication that she address the issue..
    And by that she will resolve it... behind the camera.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. minaeshi

minaeshi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Sayaka
    Twitter:
    minaeshi
    The issue isn't that either one did so directly, but more so they did/did not acknowledge the issue. Mion's tweet acknowledges the pain the members must be feeling right now (after the news broke out and seeing their fellow member go through pain) and that despite her lack of power to make change, she will try her best to do so. Yukirin's tweet was more lengthy, but similar in nature.
    Of all the translations I've seen of Yuihan's tweet, it doesn't directly or indirectly mention the incident, but instead feels like she's making mgmt seem better than they are by saying "mgmt are supporting us" or "i hope mgmt can support us", depending on which translation you read and want to interpret. Of course, others have interpreted it differently, but the vast majority of people both Japanese and intl, have shown dissatisfaction with her comment, meaning her choice of words clearly wasn't good enough.

My issue is that, as the GM, she could have wrote something better. We don't know whether she was rushed into making a statement or not, but she should have given it more time to make a more coherent statement or just not said anything at all. I don't expect a direct call out tweet like Sasshi's or Kitaries, but at least something in line with Mion and Yukirin's tweets would have sufficed. Yes she went into a tiny bit more detail about it in her mobame, but the general public doesn't pay to read that, her fans do, and unfortunately this isn't just a fan/idol issue, this is a big deal and has been the talk of Japan the whole week. I don't agree with people bashing or cursing at her, but it's not unreasonable for us for voice our disappointment in her comment.

It makes it worse that this kind of statement came out not long after Maho apologized on stage.. the outrage from fans and media was at the maximum level, bad move from Yuihan and/or Mgmt all around. :fp:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. SpookieSenpai

SpookieSenpai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui (Team A)
    Been pretty worried about how she will react to all of the fans though, hopefully she can tough it out. I hope that those who are criticizing her know that she's a good person at heart and doesn't mean anything bad by her choice of words.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. mittens_220

mittens_220 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Copied from Mahohon's thread, I guess she did this during the Team A performance.

AKBグループ総監督・横山由依、NGT48暴行被害騒動を謝罪「起きてはいけないことが…」
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2127336/full/
    今回、すごく起きてはいけないことが起こってしまいました。皆様にご心配をおかけしてしまって、申し訳ありませんでした。
    私も総監督として今後の対応についても含め、運営に厳しく言わせていただきました。

so yuihan apologized on behalf of 48g members because "we made everyone worried".

• Informative Informative x 3
  7. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin
    So, nobody say "she should not apologize" now? :fear:

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  8. jenel.f0506

jenel.f0506 Kenkyuusei

Now she apologize no one seems to care..

Out of topic..

Another yuihan close member announced graduation.. ..

Kojima mako..

• Informative Informative x 4
  9. Reveen

Reveen Upcoming Girls

I feel a bit sorry for Yui, presumably management gave her an apology letter to read. It should be actual management that is apologizing.

And they should be apologizing for their lying and mismanagement, not this "making the fans worry" stuff which is code for "please don't stop spending your money on our idols".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Silverheart48

Silverheart48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Minami
    She’s the GM after all, supposed to be the face of the group according to those flaming them.

Why she’s caught up in this and given hate, only they know. It’s like Takamina being flamed for Yukirin’s troubles all over again.

Fans need a scapegoat and they’ll look to the responses of the captains, Sou, and others to find fuel to channel their frustrations to.

Ultimately she has to take all the trouble and apologise as the GM of the group. Given her position, it’s not about Yui ‘not needing to apologise’, but she has to make one as a politically correct act on behalf of all parties involved. Management coming out to speak at this moment, how many fans would actually believe or react to them positively? So they look to the best figure with an official position who could reach out to the fan base the best.

She’s the appointed GM and mouthpiece of management and the girls after all, and don’t think for a moment that those who flamed her for her response feels a single shred of sympathy for her.

As leaders, PR people, etc, we have to do things to appease. As a fan to Yui, she doesn’t have to apologise as a member. But seeing her from her position in 48G, it’s a necessary act.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Reveen

Reveen Upcoming Girls

I feel sympathy for her but I also wish she'd show some spine in her comments. Frankly speaking Sasshi would have made a better general manager

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. jenel.f0506

jenel.f0506 Kenkyuusei

Sad but t sasshi don't want the position.. bcause she knows she can't do it.
    So you have to stick with yuihan until she pass the gm position officially to mion..

But i think that's an awful opinion. Judging her because of her tweet.. geez.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Sailor Miyawaki

Sailor Miyawaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyawaki Sakura
    I think her tweet came at a bad time and it was a little soft, but my take on it is that she was trying to be positive too for all the members worrying and looking to her about what is happening as well as herself not fully knowing what is going on for her to make a stronger stance and probably being limited in some regards about what she can say. From what I have seen anyways Yui plays a bigger role behinds the scenes, and she really does try her best to take care of the members, but this situation is difficult and Yui doesn't have as much power as some people seem to think. I believe she is trying the best she can, and now that she has mentioned that she is doing what she can behind the scenes I hope people will be more understanding.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Silverheart48

Silverheart48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Minami
    And ignoring the different circumstances too.

Maybe Yui should apologise for still wanting to build her career in 48G, and thus has to mind her statements while still being in the capacity of GM (/s), while Graduating Member Sashi can basically do whatever the heck she wants since people can't call for her head, or management can't force an already ongoing process of graduation.

That's why in hindsight years later some people will say "Oh Sashi Tweets sugoi! GM plx!" when she's just showing NGT management the finger and dabbing her way out.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. jenel.f0506

jenel.f0506 Kenkyuusei

Now im starting to think that because of her tweet regarding the incident. yuihan capability of leading the group has been criticized by many people.

This time is the toughest moment she ever had... i am thinking who members will support her in this kind of situation? The victim has everyone's support.
    What about the boss?

:( sad

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. souchan48

souchan48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Minami
    Mahohon experienced abuse,
    with management turning a deaf ear to her.
    with her having to bow down 2x.
    and yuihan is the one who neess support?
    why did u even compare yuihan and mahoho's situation
    get ur priority straight

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Silverheart48

Silverheart48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Minami
    We dont need dislike fishers here honestly.

Just because one needs support means others don't?

Why do you even assume people arent supporting Maho, while also turning an eye to the other girls instead of needlessly crying out for blood?

Get your facts straight.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. jenel.f0506

jenel.f0506 Kenkyuusei

I think you misunderstood what i said..

Mahohon already has supported by a lot of people...

But regarding to what's happening with yuihan situation that everyone thinks that she didn't do her job properly who will be there to support her?

And i know that yuihan supports mahohon but she is doing it behind the camera..

I haven't seen sashi interview. But I've seen lots of people saying that sashi is way better than yuihan because she can say whatever she wanted to say.
    That she should be the gm.

Eh? I dnt knw that to say anymore..
    Im just sad... about her situation.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. half23

half23 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    In other words, people are mad because yui didn't put a message according to their expectation....well can't really blame anyone here, as a GM it is important for yui to not make anymore mess, especially againts the management as it would affect the other groups, remember that she is the representatives of all 48g members.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamada Nanami
    Yuihan's priority is AKB48G, it always..so of course she's gonna do something to protect them even though it will cost herself
    she knew the consequences

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1