1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yoshida Akari (Akarin) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by sada, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Tenada

Tenada Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    There are tons of other Japanese youtubers around Akarin's age that are also putting out great make-up videos. If anything, I think the fact that she is an active idol is a plus point that helps to distinguish her from all the others. Of course, I agree that her videos shouldn't be full-on about her idol career because that would really defeat the purpose of trying to become a make-up youtuber. I'm just saying that to help put herself out there, she should definitely leverage on this fact, and that she's doing a great job balancing between the two at the moment.

It was only in the run up to the SSK that she really talked more about NMB/her idol career. Her videos before that were really just about make-up/skincare/hair-styling. In some of those videos she did mention NMB/her idol related work because that sets the context for the video - e.g. when she's recommending her favourite skincare products she explains that she can vouch that so-and-so product works well because as an idol she necessarily needs to use it very often/in conditions where she ends up sweating a lot etc. Stuff like that. Also, she does videos showing how to recreate her make-up looks in NMB videos/performances, which definitely has some appeal to girls because why wouldn't they want to re-create a look which works well on camera? :lol:

Also, one of my personal favourite videos of hers is the one where she answers the question as to why idols' fringes don't move when they perform (answer: hairspray is your best friend - but don't forget the hair treatment or your hair will get damaged in the long run lol). It's such a random thing that you don't really think twice about, but it's one of her more popular videos.

2. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Do you have the link to the video?? I really wanna see >.<

3. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    It's pretty recent and I just realized that she put it in the front page of her channel. An A+ Sousenkyo Effort tbh.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Is that Kat Dennings in your avatar? lmao, love her

4. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Thanks!!! Wow it's interesting lmao

And yes, it's Kat Dennings!!! Ikr she's awesome

5. Centurybomber

Centurybomber Kenkyuusei

Has anyone in this thread mention that Akarin has some uneven eyes (Or at least slightly). I just noticed after looking through a couple of photos of her.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Too be honest, it's not that unusual, as I've seen many people have it as well, including myself. I just thought to bring this up because I strangely find it cute on her.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  6. James Torralba

James Torralba Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui_T8
    ah, i already noticed them before but didn't mind them hahaha :D

7. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Everyone~~ she's gonna release a photobook~ IDOL MAKE BIBLE...which is a weird name, but so excited for it.

Edit: it's not a pure photobook...it's obvs more of a make-up style photobook, but that's what we wanted lol~

8. Tenada

Tenada Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Actually it's a beauty photobook which is going to be called "IDOL MAKE BIBLE @ AKARIN", and which is an even weirder name... But still excited all the same :lol:

Video below if anyone is interested.

if the video does not show watch the video here

In her video, I think she referred to the photobook as something like a "textbook" for her joshiryoku videos (or something along the lines that she hopes it can be used like a textbook), and that she's planning to cover stuff such as the basic techniques for eye make-up etc., stuff that she's done in some of her more popular videos previously. I think she also said that the make-up featured in the photobook is entirely hers, and that this photobook is self-produced. She said more stuff in her video but my Japanese proficiency is not at a level to fully translate it all with certainty, but I think I should have gotten the gist of it :)

Also, release date for her photobook is 18 July 2017.

9. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

10. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    It's a super weird name...but there was(?) a Korean show called Beauty Bible that After School (may they rest in peace) was on for awhile...maybe the name was inspired by that show (which I could believe she watched it too...it was actually not a bad show).

And I'd say you covered it pretty well...And from what I got from the "textbook" thing was that you can write down pointers or something from that specific section of make-up tips she gives you in her book. Maybe like one side is blank/full of lines and you can write on it. I would prefer maybe a mini notebook to come with the photobook-thing instead, but this is a cool idea still.

I can't wait for 80% of the products to be Canmake lolol jk~

11. Matixxx972

Matixxx972 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    I guess the title weirdness comes from the japanese weird idea of english. The title should be "Bible for Idol Make-up" by Akarin... but, who knows, Photobooks tend to have weird names, so meh. I can't wait for this one though. I hope this will trigger more work on the fashion industry, Akarin has always wanted that.

12. nyanyankamen

nyanyankamen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    I assume it's supposed to mean "Idol Make-up Bibile" but something just went wrong lol.

13. tomaranai

tomaranai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    I wonder if lots of Haruna fans are following Akarin now

14. GeoFreak

GeoFreak Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hayashimomoka
    Twitter:
    GeoFreak17
    Yep, definitely noticed that, and I also think it's kinda cute lol. It's more noticeable when she smiles and her eyes get narrow, so during performances she'll often wink at the camera with her left eye to hide the fact that it's smaller. She also has mentioned it a few times in her YouTube videos and shows how she puts more eyeliner over her left pupil to make her eyes look more even.

=====

Super happy for her to be able to release a photobook! This was obviously decided before the Sousenkyo results came out, so it's a good sign that the publisher was interested enough even if she hadn't made it into senbatsu. But now this will only increase her momentum even more.

She wrote some of the things she mentioned in the video as an Instagram caption here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BVvqKrDDdtx/

The subtitle is "Joshiryoku Obake to wa?" (What is Joshiryoku Obake?, or What is Girly Monster?"), and she wants people to tweet about it with the hashtag #女子力おばけとは

It was ranked #1 on Amazon Japan and Rakuten Books (excluding electronic books) on June 24, the day it was announced (and #2 overall on Amazon right now). Looks like it might sell really well! I'm getting a copy even though I'm a guy, lol.

15. Tenada

Tenada Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Glad to know that I covered the content in her video correctly ^^ Still learning the language and what better way to do it than to practice on idol videos? :p
    Oh yes lol I expect there to be tons of Canmake products in the photobook :lol: But this is good too - the last time I went to Japan the drugstore selection was seriously overwhelming and it was so hard to tell the difference between all the different (yet actually really similar) products within the same brand itself. Some of her videos do a great job helping viewers to distinguish between them (like I think there was a video in which Akarin talked about 3 different Canmake cheek stains/blush products and she even set them out in a table format for easy reference), and I only wish she had posted them (or that I had time to watch them) before I went to Japan so I could have had a better idea of what is what haha.

I'm really glad that there's suddenly a spike of activity on Akarin's thread. The SSK-Senbatsu effect, I wonder?

16. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    What's with the recent obsession with religious term for photobook name lol. Annin's "Beautiful Sin" and now "Idol Make Bible" (should have been Idol-Made Bible tbh, so it's going to be understood as Bible written by our Idol Saint Akarin).

I'm stoked with the photobook, and I'm soo glad that she's aware that even though she's been growing her female fanbase, it still consists of guys too, and she gives them everything they want. Makeup guides for girls and gravure (she mentioned there will be some) for guys. I just hope that the gravure photos won't be too sultry so the female fans can still appreciate them.

17. tomaranai

tomaranai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    "Make" (meiku) here means makeup, so it makes perfect sense here. I don't think she's ever been the sultry type so I'd be confident to say that her gravure shots will be equally liked by guys and girls.

18. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Funny enough in her video when she announces the photobook look at her choker...pretty sure that's a christian cross lol. I know they too are fashionable in a lot of places, but now I wonder if she wore it on purpose cause of the photobooks title lol

19. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

Great to see Akarin performing an absolutely hilarious version of Fortune Cookie on stage with the big girls today on Music Day. The video is on Miichan's thread. I'm too stupid and computer illiterate to post it here. Sorry.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  20. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    @richard durbano: if only you have said where at least is that "Miichan's thread"...

OK, digged this out. These cameramen were quite disruptive though, so more of a curiosity than something to watch for performance.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017