1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Movie / DVD Yossha ~Ikuzo~! in Seibu DOME (2011/12/28)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Mr Waffle, Nov 6, 2011.

1. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Only a week and a day left! And then from there, 2-5 days to ship it to the US from Amazon Japan. So glad they made it available on Amazon Japan this time, it's the first concert I'm buying day 1 since Shibuya AX Request Hour 2009 which was so long ago. I just don't have the money to afford these DVD boxsets consistently :D This time I couldn't resist Amazon Japan's discount, it's the first concert that's affordable in a while.

2. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

Ordered my boxset finally from Yesasia after much procrastinating!!! Only drawback is it won't ship out until at least jan 2nd and even then will prob take two weeks...shipping to the UK from Yesasia always takes so long :(

3. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

^ Shipping time is definitely the worst thing, i've had some things come quickly, about 6 days and other things, sent same method take 2-3 weeks. It's a nice surprise for you when it arrives though. :)

Also, as a UK resident, interested in why you chose Yesasia and not CDJapan, I always seem to go for CDJapan, just wondering if there was a reason other than personal choice that you go with YA.

4. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

I've got a bad track record of all my stuff getting taxed n dutied when I order from CDJapan, whereas as slow as Yesasia is I don't get taxed. I would prefer CdJapan if I didn't get taxed all the time!!

5. akb48

akb48 Kenkyuusei

6. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    I find EMS to be more likely to get taxed than SAL. The thing is, if customs does get hold of it, Parcelforce's handling charge is often more than the tax! Yesasia uses to ship their things in bulk to Europe or the UK and then ship orders from there - thus the customer avoids custom charges but it takes a long time.

7. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

Parcelfarce's charges are a joke for the service they provide! Lets just say I've had a few run ins with them!! [boom]

8. Nipponsama

Nipponsama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    The same at my side. Never had to pay for a YesAsia order, but at CDJ it's about 50/50.

I hope I don't have to pay for the Complete DVD Set (Shipped btw. [party] )!

9. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

I've never had to pay duty on a CDJ order *touch wood*

Maybe because mainland UK isn't my final destination i've been lucky :) My order is currently being prepared for shipment, exciting :) Ordered the full LE box set :)

10. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    This time I tried out Amazon Japan for the boxset. They shipped out via DHL. Hope that is fast and avoids charges.

11. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

More than likely! I rarely use anyone other than Yesasia, although I did use CDJapan for my AKB ga Ippai - The Best Music Video Blu-ray but that was shipped to a friend in Malaysia who I could pickit up from while out there. I did get taxed on that because I used FedEx, but it was nothing compared to what I would have got hit with here!!

12. luckyone

luckyone Kenkyuusei

I was taxed once with CDJapan, but here in mexico it will be taxed if its an order of more than 100 dollars (or at least more likely) But for an order of 150 dollars they charged about 20 dlls. of taxes. [worried]
    I hope my order from hmv doesn't gets taxed since I ordered more things LOL :fp:

13. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

thats a high limit you have! here in the uk you are allowed an import of only £15-18 [sealed]

14. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    I guess I should count myself lucky that the US never charges anything on customs? I sell stuff as a side job to supplement me buying limitless AKB48 things :D and I always have people asking me to declare their items as a gift or list its value as way less than what it is to save on fees.

Anyways, to those that ordered from Amazon Japan this time around, check your emails! First time ordering with them and I'm completely satisfied, they shipped my order 2 days early and its estimated delivery time is the 28th, on the DAY OF RELEASE! I've never had an AKB48 item arrive on the day of release, so it'll be the first time I get to experience it right along with everyone else.

15. frblckstr1

frblckstr1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Dream on, DHL manages to pass all packages thru customs, they have to, they can't fly 'under the radar'.

It depends on customs (and your delivery address probably) if they see it as a private purchase (hence most of the time no tax) or just calculate it anyway.

For the last few months most items send to me via Amazon Japan where taxed (especially BluRays), only the last 2 months some where not.

But DHL is fast: 2 days, so I expect to get this on wednesday :)

16. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

It appears that major private mail carriers go through customs so each countries laws will then need to be applied. But it looks like if one uses EMS shipping, it goes through the countries public postage system and, even though it goes through customs since the packages are coming in internationally, some EMS packages don't get charged a customs tax.

For N. America, I wasn't charged any customs duty taxes even though I've used different mail carriers with my past orders (i.e. private - UPS, Fedex, DHL and public - EMS/USPS). **Knocks on wood**

The custom charges really depends on what shipping method is used and how each countries' customs laws subject what items to tax.

Hoping to get my FJ order by Mid-Jan.

17. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    I ordered it at the official shop, so it should arrive today. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

18. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Super satisfied with DHL, because I received it about an hour ago! :^O^: It's not even 1 pm yet here in California on the 27th, so even in Japan it's only around 6 am right now on the 28th, which is what the release date is supposed to be and yet I have it in hand. First time having something BEFORE the release date, haha, even with EMS I usually get stuff a week later. So I'm super happy with Amazon Japan right now, for my first time ordering from them. Might have to look into them more often now

And I finally had good luck with photos! Opened the box and bam, Acchan right on the front of the stack of photos. <3 All the other ones (Tomo~mi, Ranran, Myao and Kana) are going right in my shop, so if anyone wants to trade for any other Acchan or Mayuyu photos, let me know!

Going to go enjoy the concert now, going into it blind. Chose not to spoil myself with the setlist, so it should be a surprise and good fun :omfg:

Attached Files:

19. kuonjiranma

kuonjiranma Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I'm planning on purchasing the full dvd set on thursday. How much was amazon japan in total? I'm in the US as well, and curious which site is cheapest.

20. extomomi

extomomi Kenkyuusei

Just to let you know HMV is 14,880 JPY (including shipping fee) to Canada