1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Your AKB48 Experiences

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by cRaZY MiKi, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki 2nd Solo Concert at Asakusa Kokaido (2017/01/29)

To say this was a long-anticipated concert would be an understatement. I went back and looked at the OP of the concert thread, and it was announced 10 1/2 months ago. Wasamin's first solo concert was such a special event, that I am fairly sure every Wasafan couldn't wait to do it again. The first trick was not to lose our tickets, which we purchased and received in March. My tickets made the journey from Tokyo to California, where they sat in the trunk of my car all Summer, and finally back to Japan. Every once in a while I would check my small suitcase to make sure they were still there. LOL

A Weekend filled with Wasamin activity
    The concert was on Sunday, but on Saturday most Wasafans flocked to Book 1st in Shinjuku, where we queued up to preorder Wasamin's upcoming PB. There were three different packages you could buy, from the basic package, which includes an autographed copy of the PB, plus a handshake and poster. Then there are multi-buy packages where you get additional perks like 1-shots and 2-shot chekis. However, this was not the only special PB pre-order this weekend....

[​IMG]
    Ad for the PB, plus my autographed Clear File. Do I spy a Mizugi???

Deja vu, weren't we just here a year ago?
    So I knew there was going to be a lot going on Sunday, but I wasn't sure what was happening, and when. I only knew that an early goods table would be open from noon until 2pm. There was also the issue of me having an extra ticket to the show, which I hadn't been able to sell. I did have one buyer, but he flaked at the last minute. Ultimately I gave it to @@hermionepj1 as an upgrade, and he paid me the difference. This way I was eating a 3rd floor seat, and not a first floor seat.

[​IMG]
    Some of the flowers sent to give Wasamin best wishes

Anyway, I got to the venue at 10am, and the line wasn't too long. But again, I wasn't even sure what I was lining up for. However, everyone was there, so whatever happens, happens, right? At around 11am, the line started moving. When we got to the table, one of Wasamin's assistants, Yamaue-san, was passing out numbered tickets. It turned out they were to reserve an autographed Clear File at the goods booth later that night. Once they passed out the 100 tickets (I got #52), they re-queued us in the same order for goods. Pretty much everyone bought the 7500 yen "Everything" package, which included the concert T-shirt, Oshi-towel, heart-shaped lightstick, and a Saba Kaido Uchiwa. They also had the Wasamin calendar, but most fans bought that last year. So it was 12:30, and the next event wasn't until 3:15, so many of the Wasafans decided to have a pre-show party at a nearby Izakaya.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Heart Penlight on the right. Lightstick on the left is from last year, although I transferred it on to a multi-colored King Blade

Ichigo Seats
    One of the perks for lucky fans was the "Ichigo Seat", which sold out in 5 minutes when tickets originally went on sale. I originally missed out on getting an ichigo ticket, but I was able to obtain one a few days later. Ichigo seat holders were to be treated to a special pre-show event, and receive some special goods. We lined up before 3pm, anticipating doors opening at 3:15, but there was a delay. A long delay. we ended up standing in the queue until around 3:50pm before doors finally opened. As we entered we received our gift...

[​IMG]

It turned out that it was a short mini-live/sound check. Wasamin sang Mujineki, and Saba Kaido, with an MC in the middle where she was wondering why hardly anyone put the badge on. "You guys are supposed to wear it!" I also noticed there was no band. Last year she had a backing band, so I assumed she would have one this year too. But that was pretty much it, 15-20 minutes, and we were booted out while Wasamin did a few last-minute press interviews. However, we were led out of the hall but then stopped in this tight little hallway for 20 minutes, and it was friggin hot in there! Ichikawa-san kept coming into the hallway to apologize, but most of us were wondering why they weren't letting us out. There must have been a reason, right?

We were waiting for Wasamin! They had planned a high-touch for us as we left, but she was busy with the press. Finally she came out, but everything was running far behind schedule, so Yamaue-san was really rushing us through the line. However, I did get a chance to wish Wasamin good luck as she exclaimed Chrisuuuu!!!

[​IMG]
    Queueing up for the big show!

5:00 Doors Open
    We pretty much queued for the show right after the Ichigo event ended. I was queued up outside. It was really funny, if you have ever been to Asakusa, they have those guys pulling tourists in rickshaws. Every one that passed the concert hall was telling their fare about the Iwasa Misaki concert. Once we got in, everyone was given an autographed cheering flag, which was something they mentioned back in March. Of course there was the concert goods table, as well as the CD DVD table, and a photobook pre-order table. which was by far the busiest since they had a special offer of a special limited-edition cover if you pre-ordered the PB at the venue. You also got free shipping!

[​IMG]
    Cheering flag, and the uchiwa

Again they had the special "museum room", where they had posted a bunch of Wasamin photography. (Last year it was a few of Wasamin's most iconic AKB outfits) Most of the photos were shot in London, Paris, and on location at her PV filming. Here are a few examples...

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Between the goods, the clear file, PB, and photography room, it was already going on 5:30, time for the show!!!

The Concert
    Right before the show we all noticed a bunch of AKB members sitting on the third floor. Everyone kept yelling for Tanamin, who waved and then hid. Meanwhile, Mariyannu was waving her cheering flag. Wasamin did the kage-ana, and a short time later the lights came down. The show started with a "music-box" version of Mujineki, before the curtain rose. So Mujineki opened the show, followed by Gomen, ne Tokyo, and then an entire section devoted to promoting her second album. To be honest, the beginning felt kinda like a glorified mini-live. But after the second MC, Wasamin started singing songs we had never heard her perform before, and that's where the fun really started...

[​IMG]

Speaking of MCs, she was basically doing the same thing she does at her mini-lives. Promoting her CDs, events, PBs. The progression of the show was quite interesting. It was like it kept kicking into a higher gear. About one-third of the way in, we were treated to our first VTR, which was a history of Wasamin learning the guitar. She mentioned that "Give Me Five" was her initiation into the guitar, and she liked it. We got to see her taking lessons, stuff like that. From there Wasamin did a costume change, and it was time for the guitar portion of the show.

She did a very good job with the guitar, but she makes mistakes here and there. She still has some work to do to become more proficient. But at the end of the day she is playing these songs decently, and her singing never falters. She even asked the crowd at one point if we would like her to do more acoustic guitar stuff, and of course we said yes. Finally, after the three acoustic guitar numbers, it was time for....

Photography Corner!!!
    This was probably my favorite part of the first concert, and this year it did not disappoint at all! Not only is it fun, but Wasamin picked excellent songs to perform. High energy, fun, and the fans went crazy when she sang Gakuen Tengoku. Wasamin was having a great time too, just look at my photos!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    By the way, I put more photos in the Concert thread.
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...olo-concert-2017-01-29-asakusa-kokaido.14808/

After that, Wasamin sang a few old favorites before the main set ended. Fans immediately started a chorus of "Wa-Sa-Min!", and a short time later we saw a 2nd VTR. This time it was a look back at Wasamin's year from her graduation announcement to the present. She was really busy last year, and this year is proving to be even more busy. After TomoBojo and Ishikari Banka, Wasamin was into her final MC when we saw the third "Surprise VTR", announcing the concert in Otemachi this Summer. Everyone congratulated her, and she went into a long MC on how she felt this past year and how thankful she has been for the fan support. Finally she ended the show with Saba Kaido, which to me is among her best singles.

[​IMG]

Aftermath
    There was a special post-show backstage event that fans who bought the album could win, but nobody I know even applied for it since we all thought it was just going to be part of the Ichigo event. So I have no idea what happened there, nor have I heard anyone talk about it. Instead many of the regular fan club members (party of 36) created our own after-party at a local Izakaya, where we celebrated Wasamin's birthday. We even had a cake! (Which almost burnt the restaurant down...seriously) We also recorded a group birthday message and sent it to Wasamin's manager. So fun tiems!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Saba and Ebi!

And, we go right back to business as usual.
    Wasamin has two mini-lives this week in Chiba and Asakusa
    Chara-ani 2-shot cheki event on Saturday in Gotanda
    NHK Performance in Osaka on the 9th
    Following weekend on the 11th and 12th she will be doing two PB release events
    Wasamin Bus Tour on the 13th
    Mini-Live in Akabane on the 17th
    Another Chara-ani cheki event in Gotanda on the 18th
    Wasamin solo dinner show in Nagoya on the 19th
    and then she is back to France for Japan Expo Sud, AND a performance in Paris

BUSY!!!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Matto

Matto Member

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    February 4th, 2017 High Tension Handshake Event (Valentine's)

Of all the events that were scheduled for this single, I'm assuming Christmas and Valentine's were clearly the busiest. I didn't go to the Christmas event but I'm guessing it was like this one. I got lucky with the New Year's event as I was able to successfully use all my tickets for their intended recipients. That wasn't the case this time. The main gimmick, the Valentine Card signings took way more time than management expected and so several of the girls' lanes ran late and started late.

I'll explain the Valentine gimmick. When you go into the booth, there will be bundles of red strings hanging over a black box. You will grab and pull the end of one string and the girl will secretly grab another end from behind the box. If you're both grabbing the same one, you win a signed Valentine's card. If you grab different strings, you win nothing.

The problem I had is all the members who I wanted to meet and were doing the Valentine signing were all in Slot 2: Shu, Hiichan, Naanya and Lala. Of the four, Shu and Naanya were my priority as this would be my last chance to meet them before they graduate. As for the other two, I had to make a tough decision on who to skip. I decided since I had tickets for Lala later on that day, I'd sacrifice hers (even though I had 7 tickets for her this slot), while I only had Hiichan once and also because I had a very timely topic I wanted to talk to her about.

Anyway, here's how all that went.

-Slot 2-

Yabushita Shu

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Owada Nana

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Honda Hitomi

So this was where I was at an impasse. I had about 10 minutes before they'd close off the lanes for people to enter. Both Hiichan and Lala's lanes were pretty full. As mentioned before, I decided to go for Hiichan because the timely topic was Tochigi-related. As a Tochigi resident who works for public schools, I'm subjugated to the school lunches they serve. In February, the schools serve a local delicacy called shimotsukare: a simmered dish of fish head, tofu, soybeans, shredded carrots and daikon, culminating in something that resembles cat vomit.

[​IMG]

Hiichan has grown up eating this so I had to get her hot take on it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Slot 3/4-

So Hiichan's lane ran super late. I waited in line for well over an hour, which is a bit weird since she's only Team 8 and not top tier 8 like Yuiyui or Ikumin. I think it's more she has a very active fanbase that buys several dozen tickets. I've noticed this especially at events because the number of people I see and because whenever I post her handshake reports on Twitter, I'm greeted with several #engagements on my #content.

Anyway, by the time I got through her lane, it was almost closing time for Slot 3 in which I had Jurina and Lala tickets. I already sacrificed seeing Lala once and didn't want to do it again, so I decided to forfeit Jurina.

As I waited in Lala's lane and got checked-in, the staff on the loudspeakers started talking to everyone in Lala's lane and a couple other nearby lanes (Ego-chan was one of them). Apparently these members had a stage show to do and so they had to close the lane for everyone in line (including the ones who were already checked in). They then told everyone who still wanted to meet Lala to go to a different lane at 2:15 (about halfway through slot 4). Surprisingly, I had enough time to go through both of my slot 4s: Sakura and Yuihan before going to Lala.

Miyawaki Sakura

[​IMG]

Yokoyama Yui

[​IMG]

Goto Lala

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Slot 5-

Yamamoto Sayaka

[​IMG]

-Slot 6-

Yamamoto Sayaka

Some context for this conversation with Sayanee. She was well-aware of the horse that shared its name with her. A fellow fan on Twitter made the wicked pun of Sayaneigh. I decided to educate her on the beauty of this joke.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Slot 7-

Going along with the previously established information, I decided to tease her a bit. Quick note, because of the misunderstanding in Japanese, I had to take some creative liberty with the translation to replicate the confusion. This wasn't a literal one-to-one translation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The fact that she acted like a horse not once, but twice was great. This is why I love Sayanee and the other NMB members. They'll totally roll with whatever you give them.

Kamieda Emika

As a result of me missing so many members due to schedule SNAFU, I decided to use my spare 13 tickets on oshi-mashi for Emichi. I originally had 3 tickets for her 1-shot video and ended up using those before oshi-mashi. I ended up winning one video from the lottery.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's the link to the video.

https://twitter.com/matto_dayo/status/828131766728658944

Emichi Round 2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Emichi Round 3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Emichi Round 4

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And that concludes my handshake report. Lessons re-learned from this and the Fall Festival: don't book too many members for one slot, don't book more than 3 tickets if you have multiple members because of the matome system, speak up louder for Sayanee lol.

• Like Like x 1
  3. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    This is awesome, I'm amazed at the fans who literally want to go to her lane. If her line's that long, maybe she needs more slots I think. I hope I can be there soon because I want to see her too.

4. Matto

Matto Member

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    It wasn't always that way too. I started going to her last year in February and her line was usually on the lower-medium end for wait time (10-20 minutes). From like fall it's gotten bigger and bigger. I imagine it's because of the gimmicks they started adding (selfie 2shots, video recordings, Valentine cards, etc) that her line has grown.

Though, a majority of the people in her line are all ojisans lol.

5. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

It's been a while since i've been to handshake so it's good to bring back memories through reports.

6. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki "Saba Kaido" Chara-Ani Cheki Event at Nippon Crown/Tokuma Records Offices (2017/02/04)

In addition to the countless mini-live pre-order events...In addition to the special bonus offers via Tower, WonderGoo, Rakuten...The other CD promotion to sell Wasamin CDs in the special Cheki Event via Chara-Ani. Essentially you are getting a handshake ticket with a cheki when you do this pre-order. This isn't a singing event, instead it is done in the offices of Wasamin's record label. Actually, last year for Gomen, ne Tokyo they did them after the Nagara Pro Enka festival concerts in Nagoya in Tokyo.

For this single there would be two events, both taking place at the same location. Like with AKB, it is done in timeslots, and Wasamin does a costume change between each slot so.....you know.....we all want to get tickets for each one. The offices are in a non-descript building about a kilometer from Gotanda Station. There is a lot of security, and they are very strict about where you can and cannot go within the building. But that's alright, we are all there just to play with Wasamin anyway.

This was my first chance to talk to Wasamin since the big concert last weekend. I got there shortly before the first slot started and noticed that ALL of the fans brought their concert goods to use as props for their chekis. Shit! Why didn't I think of that? No matter, since there are two of these events I will do that for the next one. In any case, I had plenty of other stuff to talk about with her...

SLOT 1
    Once I got into the building I was sent into the elevator, and led into the waiting room where I queued up. Eventually I was led into a second room, and the actual queue to see Wasamin. Since this was also the first time I was getting to see Wasamin since her birthday, I came bearing gifts. The first was a small tin of Chocolate Strawberries, but the most important gift was my first fan letter written completely in Japanese....

Wasamin: Hello! (I hand her the letter, she reads the envelope) Misaki-chan!!! (Showing it to her manager) Misaki-chan!!!
    Me: Open it, look...
    (Wasamin stares at it for a few moments, and turns to me)
    Wasamin: Jouzu...Jouzu.
    Me: Happy birthday, I have a present too.
    We were then told to do our pose

[​IMG]
    (Misaki-chan holding my letter)

I handed Wasamin the gift. She thanked me for coming, and I told her I would be back. By the way, the moment I saw Wasamin's outfit I noticed something familiar about it. She actually wore the exact same outfit at one of her events for Request Covers 3 1/2 years ago. XD

SLOT 2
    I went to lunch with a few of the Wasafaithful, and we didn't get back to Tokuma until the middle of Slot 2. No matter, I only had one ticket anyway. I recently started wearing reading glasses, mainly for reading Japanese. If any of you have read a comic or manga, sometimes they print small hiragana underneath the kanji, and this is impossible for me to read. So now when I am reading Japanese I have to wear glasses. Anyway, Wasamin had never seen me in them. I felt kinda silly, since they are strictly for reading, so everything was looking a bit blurry when I walked in...

Wasamin: You wear glasses?
    Me: These are new. Misaki-chan looks super cute! (referring to the sexy maid outfit)
    Wasamin: Thank you (does a curtsy)
    Me: I bought the glasses to read Japanese. Very small Japanese writing is hard for me to read. (I pulled out one of my other tickets to illustrate what I meant)
    Wasamin: Naruhodo
    (Just then we were asked what pose to do, I suggested a "maid" pose, which Wasamin struggled with for a few moments. But I think it came out well)

[​IMG]

Chris: Oh, I loved the concert. It was a lot of fun!
    Wasamin: Are you coming to Otemachi? (referring to her 3rd concert this Summer)
    Chris: Of course!!!!!!
    Wasamin: Chris C'mon. I will be waiting for you (in English)

After that I left again, and found a Tully's coffee to go veg out in until the third slot. I wanted to line up early since I had dinner plans right after in Shin-Okubo, and I needed to walk all the way back to the train station. Anyway, I headed back shortly before the third slot started...

SLOT 3
    I was trying to decide what to talk to Wasamin about for the third slot. I had a few ideas, we'll see how it goes. I enter the room, and Wasamin is wearing some sort of Ninja/Street Fighter cosplay. I immediately say....

Me: Misaki-chan to Kurisu no Taiketsu!!!
    (We immediately get into fighting pose, and Saso-san snaps the pic)

[​IMG]

Me: For Setsubun, I ate my first Eho-maki!
    Wasamin: I know
    Me: Ehhhh???
    Wasamin: I read your twitter
    Me: You did?
    Wasamin: "Ooooh big, Eho-Maki Big!"
    (That is exactly what I wrote on my tweet when I posted the photo of the Eho-maki)
    Me: Yes, that is Takamina's line!
    (We're all laughing)
    Me: See you next week for Wasamin and Chiizu's Shashinshuu!
    Wasamin: Chiizu, (LOL)

So there goes Wasamin, reading my twitter again when I'm not expecting it. I honestly wonder how often she is reading my tweets. I don't think she reads everything I write, but then again I didn't even link her to that one. So I'm not sure. But it was funny that she actually remembered exactly what I wrote.

That is why she is my Oshimen!!!

Anyway, the next couple of weeks are filled with Wasafun. This Saturday is the Wasamin PB release event in Shinjuku. I now have three separate tickets for that since a friend of mine wanted autographed copies, but can't go. He bought the ticket, and gave it to me so I get the benefits. Also, Monday is the Wasamin Bus Tour. We will be touring around Kanagawa Prefecture. First going to an historic site (that I have actually visited before), then we will be making our own Dumplings and Gyoza, and finally visiting a Shrine. I'm sure there will be some singing along the way, and of course we will be having fun in the bus too.

The following week we have Wasamin's second chara-ani cheki event, as well as her first solo dinner show in Nagoya. I am really interested in what this dinner show will be like. It was considerably less expensive than the two Christmas Dinner shows, which were both wonderful. The only thing that I do know is that it isn't open bar. But whatever, it should still be a lovely occasion.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    SKE48 2nd Album National Pre-order Event AND HKT48 Saikou ka yo National Event at Makuhari Messe (2017/02/12)

Multiple 48-groups holding events at the same location on the same day is becoming an increasingly frequent occurrence. Such was the case on Sunday when both HKT48 and SKE48 had their National events right next door to one another. For SKE, this seems to be their big tactic for increasing the sales number of their second album. The only way to obtain tickets was to pre-order the album, either at mumo.net or at the event itself. For me, this would be my last chance to say goodbye to Mikitty before she graduated from SKE, so getting tickets to this was very important for me. And as long as I was there, I might as well jump next door and say hello to Yuka-chan, right? At least that was the plan...

A few days after ordering the CD I saw that the 48-group handshake event on the first weekend in February was being called "Mikitty's last." It was complete with group photo and everything posted on twitter. Now I was wondering why I went through the trouble of getting tickets when Mikitty will already be gone. Well, I guess I could use my tickets on Kaotan, or maybe Tani. And at least I still had Yuka-chan next door....

A couple of days before the events the schedules came out. I first took a look at HKT...No Yuka-chan. WTF? Why the hell am I going to Makuhari when the two girls I most want to see aren't going to be there? But then I looked at SKE's schedule, and to my surprise Mikitty was on it. Great! Not all is lost. I had considered getting more tickets than I already had (three for each), but with no Akiyoshi I would stick to three for HKT. SKE, however, was another story...

The Morning

I was going to wait until noon to show up, but all of my friends were getting there early, so I arrived at 10:30. My plan was to use a couple of SKE tickets in the morning, move over to HKT in the early afternoon, then finally back to SKE where I would finish out my tickets with Mikitty. It should also be noted that they had created a path between the two events where you could walk from one to the other without the hassle of security. So that made things a lot easier. Mikitty had a handshake slot in the morning, but I skipped that since I wanted to see her at night, closer to the "end" of her day. I spent my time watching all of the games they had set up. This was a pretty cool idea...

The Games

So you could spend your tickets on a handshake, or you could spend them playing the various games with members. They had basketball shooting, soccer shooting, baseball pitching, and badminton. On the other side there were some strength and measurement things, although I have no idea what those were like. There was a Haunted House (which did not get good reviews) and a booth where girls could try on actual member costumes. That was a popular line. In fact most of the games were very popular. The trouble was that most of the girls I like never participated in them, with the exception of Tani, who played badminton for almost an hour. I am kicking myself now for not going for that, but I was waiting to see if Mikitty or Kaotan would come out to play the games. I was here mainly for Mikitty anyway...

Special Stage B: Yakata Miki, Suda Akari, Goto Risako, Matsumura Kaori

IMG_5480.jpg

Two hours later I finally spent my first ticket on the 12:40 special stage, featuring Mikitty, Kaotan, Dasu, and Goto. This was a lot of fun. The girls came out and sang Party ga Hajimaru yo!, followed by Doku Ringo wo Tabesasete. It was all done sorta tongue-in-cheek with the girls fooling around the entire way. And of course the MC went about how you would expect with those four involved. They did have a photography section, so I got a few cool pics...

IMG_5482.jpg IMG_5483.jpg

Unfortunately I wasn't very close. The combination of members made this a very popular stage, so it was pretty much full. The other issue was that this stage started at almost exactly the same time as the HKT Mini-Live, which was just on the other side of the wall. So we could hear that almost as loudly as our event. But it was still fun.

And that was the one ticket I used for the first four hours I was there. Mikitty had another special stage later on, but it was the same time as the HKT handshake event, so I decided to skip it...

Moving Over to HKT

After grabbing lunch in the SKE food court, and queueing up to pre-order one more SKE Album (and three more tickets), I moved over to the HKT Area. It was a good thing too since there was like a tidal wave of HKT fans pouring over to the SKE area (interestingly, far fewer went from SKE to HKT) I had nothing to do, so I hung out with friends as we watched the staff transform the mini-live area into handshake lanes. This took far longer than they expected, and the handshake event started almost 30 minutes late. I knew how I was going to use two of my tickets, I would decide about the last one at the afterwards...

(Ticket #1) Lane 15: Toyonaga Aki, Inoue Yuriya, Murakawa Vivian.
    I was going to use this ticket second, but my friend wanted to go into this lane, so we decided to tandem. This was a National handshake event, so the line moves really fast. Also, in the beginning you are supposed to use the mini-live ticket exclusively, which I didn't have. But since it just opened I guess they just assumed I had one since they let me pass. Anyway, when I got to Aki she excitedly asked where I was from, which I told her. Unfortunately, she pretty much took all the time I had with Yuriya too (who I really wanted to meet) so by the time I turned to Yuriya I was already being pushed away. Finally, Vivian excitedly thanked me for coming to see her again as I was pushed out of the booth. It's a National Event, so quick one-liners are about all you can really expect...

(Ticket #2) Lane 16: Miyazaki Sono, Kurihara Sae, Fuchigami Mai.
    If Akiyoshi wasn't here, at least I would get to see Maichan. However, I would have to wait since they were now checking to make sure you had a mini-live ticket to enter a handshake lane. Fortunately, this line wasn't very long so I just hung out close to the entrance, and the moment they announced you could use a second ticket I jumped in...

Sono just stared at me, and unfortunately I had nothing to say to her so I just stared back. Then Sae, to my surprise tried to fish the hell out of me. Considering that she completely ignored me when I saw her special stage with Yuka-chan last month, this was quite the turnaround. In fact she kept at me even after I moved over to Fuchigami, who gave me the usual "Kami" reaction that I get from her every time. She is so adorable...

So now I had one ticket left. Would I sell it? Would I use it? I didn't want to visit those same lanes again (Kurihara is kowai!), but I was having trouble deciding which other lane I wanted to go to. Sasshi, Sakura, and Lovetan's lanes were all huge, and I was never much of a Lovetan fan anyway, even if this is her last handshake event. I finally narrowed it down to two, and then one. There is someone I have contemplated meeting for a while now. Someone I kind of have a love-hate feeling for. i decided to give her a shot and see what she's like...

(Ticket #3) Lane 8: Tomonaga Mio, Hokazono Hazuki, Sakai Moeka.
    I have always thought Mio was cute, but I have been under the impression that she has sort of a shitty attitude, which is why I have avoided her. For me, "cute" only carries so much currency. I would much rather spend time with members who are fun. In any case, this lane wasn't too long, and it was getting close to Mikitty's final handshake slots next door, so I went for it.

I couldn't see in what order they were sitting because I was blocked. It was only when I got up to the booth that I saw Mio was first. She had long, and light hair. I had never seen this look on her, and I thought it was adorable. She greeted me with a big smile and I told her I loved her hairstyle this way. She stroked her hair and thanked me and I was pushed to Hazuki, who I barely had time to tell that one of my friends oshis her. I was quickly pushed past Moeka, and that was it. I walked out of the lane really happy that I had a great experience with Mio. In fact, I am considering buying tickets for her in the future. And with that I went back over to the SKE event...

Back to SKE

I had five tickets left, One I would use on Kaotan, the rest on Mikitty. The only question was how would I use the Mikitty tickets since she had three different slots happening. In the meantime, I met one of the other Wasafans who was at the event. He wanted to go see Kaotan, so I decided to tandem with him...

Lane 8: Takatera Sana, Matsumura Kaori.
    The line was really short, and we both breezed by Sana to get to Kaotan. My friend was in a tight handshake with Kaotan when he gestured that he brought me with him, and she got so excited. She finally let go of him to grab onto me, and it was pretty much just a few seconds of squeeing before I finally got pushed out. It is funny how Kaotan treats me. I mean she does play with me, like she does with most everyone, but for the most part she just acts so happy that I have been coming to her for so long. Well, the good news for her is with Mikitty graduating, Kaotan will officially become my SKE Oshi. She earned it!

Lane 9: Kataoka Narumi, Yakata Miki, Ishida Anna.
    What I really liked about Mikitty's evening lanes is that in both she was paired up with another member I really like. This time she was with Anna. After saying hello to Narumi-chan, I grabbed onto Mikitty. She immediately informed me that this was her final handshake event. I told her that I was aware, and I would be seeing her later. At that moment Anna grabbed me to say hello and Sashiburi. That was actually one of the most animated interactions I have ever had with Anna too. Hmmm...

I had over an hour until the last slot. I considered playing one of the games, but by then all of the lines were huge. So forget it. In the meantime I was watching the people shooting hoop and pitching. Jeez, some pretty bad athletes amond the SKE wota. There were a few skillful people here and there, but others...hidoi!

Lane 9: Saito Makiko, Hidaka Yuzuki, Yakata Miki.
    The interesting part about this was that it was my interaction with both Miki and Makiko four years ago that made me a Miki fan. For those of you who weren't around back then...

In a nutshell, I was in line for Kaotan trying to decide what to say, and Miki and Makiko decided to try to play with me from the neighboring lanes. I got so flustered that I didn't realized I was next for Kaotan's booth. While I sat there stammering Kaotan started screaming at me, asking me why I liked her. "WHY WHY WHY!?!?", and then "I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU" as I was being shoved out of the booth. Meanwhile, with Kaotan still yelling at me out the back of the booth, both Mikitty and Makiko were laughing at me the entire time. The original story is on this post in the thread, if you want to read it.

Anyway, I entered the lane and Makiko gave me a real deadpan hello. That's okay, Yuzuki was all ready to give me a nice excited greeting. Finally I got to Mikitty, and just as I was telling her I would see her for matome the guard puts me in this "bear hug" I'm WTF? What did I do? So I turn to him and say "Nani!?!?" He tells me that I forgot to put the ticket in my pocket. (This was a unique situation where the tickets were "multi-use", and since they rushed me in so fast I forgot to put it back in my pocket. Why this is such a heinous crime, I do not know) In the meantime Mikitty said something to the guard, then called out to me. "Chris, it's OK, you are OK" and gave me a big smile.

Matome Lane: Yakata Miki
    I debated just using the rest of my tickets in this slot, but I had never done matome before, so I decided instead to wait it out. Obviously a lot of people had the same idea considering this was Mikitty's last ever handshake event. So I hung out close to the lane so when they called for us I wouldn't be far back in line. Since it was only Miki I would have a little more time to say at least some of the things I wanted to tell her. When it was finally my turn I told her that I fondly remembered the first time I ever met her, and I have always enjoyed visiting with her, and that I hope this isn't sayonara. That was when she said she would still be on social media. So we parted with smiles.

I could have waited for the final photo shoot, but the line was extremely long, and all of my friends were done with their tickets, so I decided to call it a night. After all, I had to wake up extra early the next morning for the Wasamin Bus Tour, which you can read about here in the Wasamin thread.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I've never been to Japan but I once watched AKB48 live:
    Today's 2 years commemoration of AKB48 concert in Jakarta!

At that day, I woke up early to come to RCTI studio to watch dahsyat, a music TV show because in the morning AKB48 performing there, I was actually late because I had to wait my friend who was overslept. :gavel: I missed Kibouteki which my kami oshi, Sayaya was wcenter with Yuihan. But at least I still watched them performing Koichun which was performed with JKT48 and in 2 languages, Japanese & Indonesian.
    After dahsyat, I headed to Kota Kasablanka (Kokas), the mall with a hall where the concert was held. When I arrived there, it was already crowded, fans came early so they can get front stands, few also came very early because they haven't got ticket, the tickets were sold out about a week before the concert.

The concert start at 18:30 the first song was Kibouteki. The setlists are lsited here. The best song of the night was Sakura no Hanabiratachi which was performed with Sakippe playing piano. But the best moment of the concert was that during an MC, Sayaya said "aku suka kamu" (I like you), the whole hall were shocked! :^^;:

It was an awesome night. I wanna watch AKB48 again, maybe not a concert but I hope there'll be an event here which can invite AKB48 members especially Sayaya like one in Thailand few days ago. Maybe next AKB48 concert will be in 2018 so AKB48 have concert here once every 3 years but I hope they can have concert here as often as possible. Meanwhile, I have an aspiration to live in Japan which means I can attend AKB48 events such as theater shows, handshakes, & concerts more often.

Actually someone uploaded the concert on youtube:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    HKT48 Bagutte Ijan Handshake Event @Makuhari Messe AND Iwasa Misaki Saba Kaido Cheki Event at Nippon Crown/Tokuma (2017/02/18)
    ~Breakfast with Akiyoshi and Lunch with Wasamin~

Saturday was the start of a wild 3 days where I would be seeing Wasamin on three consecutive days in three different prefectures, with a quick hit and run in a 4th prefecture to see HKT. It's a lot of running around for the girls I care about...

When HKT48 announced that they were adding a 2nd Kanto event on the 18th of February, my first though was that I couldn't go because it conflicted with Wasamin's event. But then I realized that Misaki-chan's event didn't begin until the afternoon, so if I wanted I could go to Makuhari for morning slots. I checked the schedule, and saw the Yuka-chan had early slots. Great! I would pop in early, say hello to Yuka-chan, and then go back to Tokyo. Easy, right?

BTW, I hate going to early slots, either at Makuhari or Pacifico. It requires you wake up at dawn, and catch a very early train. Of course, there is always the chance of oversleeping, which is EXACTLY what I did. Shit!!!

I woke up to the bright glare of the sun, and I knew it wasn't dawn. Checked the time, I was supposed to leave five minutes ago!!! I jumped out of bed, took a 3-minute shower, threw on my clothes while I brushed my teeth (luckily I had packed my bag the night before) and made it out of the house in fifteen minutes. Checking the train schedule, I saw the fastest route was via a Limited Express, but that is a major pain in the ass, so I decided to go the 2nd fastest via the Sobu Line to Funabashi. My train would be arriving exactly 16 minutes before Slot 1 closed. It would be close...

Alternating between a brisk walk and a slow jog, I made it to the building with 7 minutes to go, now I would just have to make it through security. Oh, and there was no way I would have time to get my tickets stamped. I would just have to take my chances that my ID is good enough. But security had other ideas. the guy checking my bag starts pulling things out and asking about them. I let out a low growl. "Dude, now???" Then the guy with the metal detector found something I forgot to empty out of my pockets. :fp: Finally they let my through, three minutes to go. I bee lined it toward Lane #12. There were two minutes to spare. I made it...

Slot 1: Akiyoshi Yuka.
    I handed ALL of my Slot 1 tickets to the guard. She looked at them, checked my ID, and gave me a little smile. I was good to go. I headed down the lane, where Akiyoshi was just finishing up with another fan. She saw me huffing and puffing as I came into the booth. "Kurisssuuuuuu!!!" she said with a big wave.

Me: I'm sorry, I am late. I didn't wake up!
    Yuka: You made it!
    Me: Genki?
    Yuka: Yes, I am genki. You live in Japan?
    Me: Yes, I live in Itabashi!
    Yuka: I didn't know you lived here.
    (Now this whole time I am waiting to get pushed out, forgetting that I was using all of my tickets at once. So the push wasn't coming Also, Komada was in the next booth watching and laughing at us)
    Yuka: That is a cute t-shirt
    Me: My Wasamin T-shirt?
    Yuka-chan: Wasamin????????
    Me: It is from Wasamin's solo concert.
    Yuka-chan: Sugoi Kurisu! (Now the push came)
    Me: See you in a few minutes...

I left with a big smile on my face as I heard Akiyoshi and Komada giggling behind me. Now I could breathe. I went back upstairs to grab a conbini breakfast, and to meet my friend whose tickets I had in my bag. Now that I had a chance to relax, I went back down to the handshake area. No problems with security.

akiyoshi.jpg

Slot #2: Akiyoshi Yuka.
    For slot #2 I decided to split my tickets into two trips. For my first visit I decided to go into more detail on how I moved to Japan, and what I am doing here. Then on my last visit I finally revealed to her that I have oshi'd Wasamin for 8 years, and that I am a member of her fan club. I said I was only there for the morning, and then I would be leaving for a Wasamin fan club event (technically a half-truth, but sometimes my Japanese limits what I can say) But I really wanted to see Yuka-chan, so I only bought tickets for her. She was really happy about that remark, and asked when she would see me again. At first I said the next HKT Kanto event, but then as I was being pushed out I remembered that the first AKB Shamekai was in a few weeks, so I blurted out "AKB no Shamekai!" As I left I heard her still saying goodbye to me, so I turned to see her smiling and waving.

I kinda wanted to say to her that she has become my 48-group oshi. But sometimes I have trouble using that term for anyone aside from Wasamin. So I neglected to say it...this time. But yeah, I think she would be happy to know that she has become my #1 girl of all of the 48-groups. (Kaotan being my #2) Anyway, I would say goodbye to a few friends at the event, and then head back to Tokyo to see my #1 girl of all...

I made it to Gotanda about an hour before the Wasamin cheki event started. Jeez, I could have gotten more Akiyoshi tickets! I camped out at a nearby Tully's waiting for Slot #1 to begin. Wasamin's cheki events are pretty much like AKB handshake events. There are slots with fixed times. Wasamin's gimmick is that she changes costume for each slot, which of course encourages fans to get tickets for each slot as well. What we didn't know was that she would essentially be wearing the same stuff as the first cheki event two weeks ago. But that's okay, all Wasatime is quality time, no matter what she is wearing.

We all knew the drill, they are very restrictive about where we can or can't go within the building, and they pretty much escort us the entire time. After checking in at the entrance, we are sent to the third floor and taken to a waiting room. Once there is enough room, we are taken to a second room to queue, we get our picture taken, a little chit-chat, and then we are sent back to the elevator. Oh, the hallway on the third floor is lined with promo posters for various Tokuma and Nippon Crown Artists. Also, near the elevator is this cool statue of famous Enka artist Kitajima Saburo. They were slightly more loose with security this time, so I was able to grab a picture of it...

IMG_5582.jpg

And here are my three chekis. By the way, since I forgot all of my concert gear for the last cheki event, I decided to bring it this time (which is also what caused the slight issue with security at Makuhari) Of course this time all of the fans brought either her PB and/or souvenirs from her Bus Tour to pose with. So once again, I was a bit behind.

IMG_5584.jpg IMG_5586.jpg IMG_5587.jpg
    I really need a haircut!

For the most part we just chit-chatted. I mentioned that I like when she wears chokers (she had one on in the first slot) I had told her that I used the experience of going to see the Battleship Mikasa with her as a class report, which actually drew a cool reaction from her manager, Ishikawa-san. Finally, on the third ticket, after Wasamin repeatedly tried to help me get that "Ninja hand pose" right, that we had a cute little exchange...

Me: At tomorrow's dinner show, will Ebi be there? (I purposely said it like Ebi was a person)
    Wasamin: (looks at her manager) Errrr....
    Ishikawa-san: Errrrrr, Kurisu Gomennasai...
    (Wasamin says something to her manager about Ebi)
    Me: I love the photo of Wasamin with the bowl of Ebi (in the PB)
    Wasamin: Ahh, you like the PB?
    Me: Beautiful!
    Wasamin: Arigatou!
    Me: Goodbye Ninja-chan!

And that was it for the day, and after three trips to drink coffee between photo-ops, I wasn't hungry. So I went home. I would be having plenty more fun with Wasamin on Sunday at her first solo dinner show. I will do that writeup the next chance I get, perhaps tomorrow night if I can make the time.

And just for a little preview, Wasamin and I had a personal interaction in the middle of her show that had the entire audience laughing. In fact, not only did I had people coming up to me about it after the show, it was a topic of discussion today at her event in Saitama. Also, Wasamin has been reading my twitter again. I got another recitation of some of its contents...

• Like Like x 2
  10. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    great report! wasamin is now a kurisufan!

11. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    AKB48 Group Haru Matsuri @ Pacifico Yokohama

I was contemplating if i should write a report on this but since i have plenty of time now (changing hotel, going from Tokyo to Osaka) and don't have better things to do...

A few months ago a friend from Thailand asked me if i want to join him and go to AKB Haru Matsuri. I actually planned on making another Japan trip this year. I was more inclined to visit a handshake or 2-Shot event but this sounded fine too, so i agreed.

I won all the stages i applied for and most of the surprise lane events. I failed on Komiharu due to my own idiocy and had to forfeit on my Maachun tickets, since she announced her graduation during the application period. To compensate for this i applied for Tani and Kaotan something that should bite me in the ass much later.

The event itself was held at Pacifico Yokohama which you can easily access from central Tokyo. You even have quite some options to choose from on how to go there.

So here is the layout of the event hall
    IMG_0473.JPG

The venue is split into three areas:
    - The left area has the 500 person stages and some surprise/handshake lanes.
    - The center area has some more surprise/handshake lanes a typical japanese matsuri stage (which was basically used for the less popular members to introduce themselves to the crowd) and for the business card lanes.
    - The right area has the two 1000 person stages

The left and center area were connected by two oneway passages.

What's a bit different from the 2-shot events was that the cafe was located outside of the hall. This had the effect that there were no benches to sit on in the hall if you weren't a senior citizen, a person with a disability or parents+children. So you had to either go out of the hall (and go through security again to re-enter) or find yourself a nice place on the ground next to a wall.

Some info on how this event works:
    - Handshake lanes work as you know it from other individual HS events. You pre-queue (if you want to), then queue up at the ticket check. You show the staff your ticket+ID and then queue up for the member. You HS, get pushed out, done.

- Surprise lanes are literally what the name implies. The procedures is the same as for the HS lane with the difference that you might not shake hands but do something that is decided by the member. You don't know in advance what you are applying for. It only gets announced ~1-2 days before the event.

- Stage events work a bit differently. You first queue up, show the staff your ticket+ID and get handed a 'stage ticket'. These tickets have a number printed on them (1-500 or 1-1000 depending on the stage size). There are multiple such ticket exchange counter per stage and each counter has three stashes of tickets. From my observations one stash has god-tier tickets (low numbers), another with mid-tier tickets and a 'god i wished i were 2m tall and brought some binoculars-tier). When handing out the tickets, they alternate between the stashes.
    Number brackets seem to be randomly distrubuted among the counters, but my feeling was that the extreme high and low numbers were mostly around the ends of the counter lane. It would be great if someone could post his observations about this.
    Behind the exchange counters are multiple waiting queues. Each queue has a number bracket assigned to it i.e. 1-100, 101-200 etc. You look at the number on your ticket, choose the correct bracket and wait for the staff to call your number. They first start slowely by steps of 1 then go to steps of 5, then 10 and so on. If you don't know japanese numbers you gonna have a hard time (no signboards)
    As with the surprise lanes you don't know what you'll get during the applications process. Content is announced 1-2 days ahead.

So now about my experience.

1. Okada Nana, Mukaichi Mion, Takahashi Juri Photo & Interview session:
    I got a lower 200 number and was a bit worried it a might not see anything. The stage layout however is quite clever. The first 50 people sit anyway and there is a raised platform in the back for smaller people. So despite my number i got reasonably close to the stage and with 1,85m i tower most Japanese ^^

The description says it all. The members come in, you get around 2 minutes to take pictures. The members then randomly pick someone to ask a question which they then try to answer. Then there is some chatting among the members themself. Since it was the very first slot of the day, the main theme was when everybody had to get up.

IMG_0474.JPG

2. Ogino Yuka, Yamaguchi Maho Photo & Interview session:
    For the next hour or so i had the time of my life, thanks to these two members. I was really lucky this time and got ticket #11 which meant i could get a seat in the first few rows. It all started like the previous stage with the small difference that these two fool around more. Personally I feel that the seating rows aren't as good as for taking pictures since you are quite a bit lower than the members. The first standing rows are better for that but the longer the day lasts the more you appreciate the seat. Unfortunately for me that was the only time i'd win one.
    So here comes the interview part. I was sitting there minding my own business when suddenly Mahohon looked at me and asks if John-san wants to ask something. I was a bit baffled (i didn't raise my hand to ask a question and my name isn't John) and tried to clarify if it they really meant me. They seemed to be dead serious and before i had finished looking around if there was another foreigner in the audience there was a staff next kneeling next to me time handing me a mic. I tried to buy some time by saying that my name isn't John all while trying to scramble together a question for me to ask in japanese. I went with (what i thought) was an easy one and asked them which western dish they liked. That however gave them more trouble than i expected. Ogiyuka could only come up with japanese dishes and Mahohon after several attempts ended up with Carbonara.
    My friend from Thailand (who is a Mahohon oshi) was also in the crowd although he didn't win a good number. That seemed to be an ongoing theme on that day. I won big on his oshis events and he big on mine. I still hate him for getting nearly first row for Yukirins solo stage ;)

3. Ogino Yuka Surprise lane (Janken)
    This was right after the stage, so all of her fans immediatly rushed to the lane. They also recognized me as John. I so wanted to dig a hole in the ground to hide in.
    I got three tickets for this slot which meant that i got three Janken attempts with here.
    So here is how it went:

Me: 初めまして (nice to meet you)
    Ogiyuka: あぁ ジョンさん (it's john)
    Me: ジョンじゃない (it's not john)

First round starts. All happened in less than 10 seconds

Ogiyuka - Paper; Me - Scissors
    O: *shouting* NO JOHN-SAN
    M: ジョンじゃない
    Ogiyuka - Rock; Me - Paper
    Ogiyuka - Paper; Me - Scissors

End Result: Ogiyuka - John 0:3

So while she was assembling my three signed photocards i again told her that my name isn't John and what my real name was. She told me that she was sorry about that but insisted that from now on my name would be John. This girl ^^
    I get pushed out and i have to run the gauntlet formed by here fans that had no difficulty seeing the event unfold. I was greeted with ジョンさんおめでとう (john-san, congratulations) and all that i could reply with was 'Thanks'.
    That was one of my best idol related experinces until now and the MVP of today easily goes to Ogiyuka.

4. Suda Akari Solo Stage
    For this Akarin had one of the two big 1000 people stages. While waiting you could hear Jurina performing on her stage, which compared to her peers seemed to be rather odd. An event on the big stages is around 20 minutes and most of them are singing events. Jurina would spend her 20 minutes with 2 songs and the rest was just talking. Who ever complained about Akarins 'long' SSK speech could have a field trip here.

Back to Akarin. She came up with the idea of creating a small musical. So she had the stage set up as a sleeping room where she would perform some AKB and some non-AKB songs while changing costumes in between. One of the songs was 'Candy' since she needed a reason to throw some hard candy into the audience, first from the stage and then from the arena, which gave the security guards a run for their money. Throwing hard candy however can have some disadvantages if one piece comes flying straight at you and you don't manage to evade in time. A girl in front of me learned that the hard way.

All in all a pretty nice event: two thumbs up

5. Tani Marika, Matsumura Kaori Surprise lane
    Tani was going to do a simple Janken tournament but Kaotan had something special in mind. She was going to do picture-shiritori, which basically is normal shiritori but you also have to draw the thing you said. I wasn't sure how that would work out at the event, so i first got to Tani's lane (which was near Kaotan's) so i could have a look.
    The staff would hand you paper and pen before it was your turn so you can make your drawings. Once up you basically play the game. I'm barely confident enough in my japanese that i could play a few rounds of normal shiritori. But since you also need to draw stuff (and i really can't draw anything) i decided that i would only go if her queue was nearly empty, so that i at least don't have to make others wait for an idiotic foreigner.
    Back to Tani. Compared to some other members she was quite energetic but not the hyperactive fuzzball you would imagine (not just with me but also with the people in front of me). In short: we exchange greetings, play janken (i lose), say byebye and i'm out. Well at least i got a non-signed photocard out of it.

So next is Kaotan. Due to the nature of her event her queue moves really slowly and has people constantly lining up. I decide that i don't want to bother others with my crap skills and decide to get me something to eat instead. I'm sorry Kaotan.

6. Suda Akari, Kizaki Yuria Kotatsu Talk
    #113 got me a really nice place right in the first standing row. So this stage was about the two members sitting around a Kotatsu (low table with a blanket on it and an electric heater on the underside) decorated with teacups and the mandatory oranges. The two then started to draw a picture each with one of their most precious memories. Akarin draw a picture of them riding on a elephant during the filming of Sansei Kawaii. I can't remember anymore what Yuria drew.
    In the meantine Yuria asks if the audience is allowed to take pictures (it wasn't advertised as a photo stage) and after a few seconds the staff confirm that it is OK. Thank you Yuria.
    They then each picked a number from a box and if that was identical to your ticket number you got the drawing. Not lucky this time however.

IMG_0577.JPG

7. Yamamoto Sayaka solo stage
    You could hardly find a place to pre-queue since that many people were already there. Also my queue didn't move for the longest time for whatever reason. What adds insult to injury was the number i got: 953 out of 1000. I thought that it at least can't get any worse (and i was wrong with that). However i managed to get a somehow good spot at one of the exit lanes. Some other fans were already standing there so I had an excuse if i also parked my fat ass there. The staff didn't mind and what was an >900 ticket was now equal to one around 600.
    Sayaka was going to do karaoke and she already started with saying that she isn't good at it at all. She starts with one of the AKB Sakura songs (which i already forgot) but has to stop after some time since she couldn't remember the remaining lyrics.
    Up next was a non-AKB song (i think that it is the one from the anime Your Name) which she absolutely nailed. Her singing nearly gave me goosebumps, that's how good she was. She had a small hickup with the lyrics again but that was only for one line.
    Next another non-AKB song (something starting with P which made the audience quite excited) which she aborted midway because she forgot the lyrics.
    The last one was an AKB song (can't remember which one) and again she aborts it.
    She was really down at the end of her stage because she thought that she had disappointed her fans but i actually enjoyed it very much. I really think that her voice and how she performs is amazing. What was also different compared to some other members was that she was trying to sing the complete songs and not only one or two choruses.
    One thing that surprised me was how calm and reserved she was onstage. You could almost think that she felt a little shy. Quite different from the image she has on recorded stuff.

8. Kashiwagi Yuki, Ogino Yuka, Kitahara Rie, Nishigata Marina stage
    Remember how i said 953/1000 couldn't get any worse? Haha this time it was 478/500 which is really, really bad. I thought that i might still benefit from being taller than most Japanese, but this lineup attracted some of the tallest people in the whole venue.
    Despite the announcement this stage consisted of Yukirin and Kitarie reading out letters they have written for their two draft-picks. As you can imagine lots of tears and such. Nice gesture from the two senpais.

9. Kashiwagi Yuki solo stage:
    The sole reason why i decided to apply for anything at this event at all. There was no way she was not going to sing and i thought that it might be my only chance to ever see her performing live. My ticket number wasn't that bad ~350.
    I'm not gonna elaborate about the setlist, since you can by now imagine that my brain is really crap with such things.
    What by now seems to become a running joke is Yukirin drinking from her water bottle. She usually brings her favorite brand and in the past she sometimes said おいしい after taking a sip. Her fans have noticed that however and now after each sip they will shout おいしい? much to everybodys amusement.
    To sum it up: I don't think i can ever enjoy recordings of her as much as i did before. Her live singing is so much better. Her voice has much more depth and the frequency range seems to be much wider. Also the way how she performs is amazing. Of course i'm a bit blinded by my oshi glasses but there is no other way as to say that i simply love her. Even more since yesterday.

10. Kashiwagi Yuki, Kitahara Rie Karaoke stage
    The ticket numbers are finally getting better again. Nice spot to see whats going on.
    Kitarie enters the stage alone looking (what i first thought was) apologetic. She then picked up the mic and said 'Hello, I'm Kitahara Rie, 25 from Aichi Prefecture' (like some girl at an audition) and started singing Yokaze no shiwaza with a strange tune. After some lines Yukirin enters the stage and joins her much to the delight of her fans. They sing along while Kitarie stays in character. Some chit-chat follows and the stage ends with them singing Anata to Christmas Eve since the two wanted to sing a duet but couldn't agree with the audience suggestions.

11. Tashima Meru, Yabuki Nako, Tanaka Miku, Tomonaga Mio Karaoke stage
    I only picked that stage because i wanted to see Meru again. I don't have much interest in the other three members.
    First Meru and Nako team up to perform a song, followed by Miku and Mio and in the end all together. The only thing i find mentionable about this stage is how they almost have to force Mio to sing along. If unattended she stops singing and only dances until one of the three notices and signals her to join in again.

12. Yokoyama Yui, Minegishi Minami, Kizaki Yuria, Takahashi Juri captain stage
    By now it's 9pm and i'm on my feet almost constantly since 7am. My feet are killing me but I aready had trashed one ticket today. Told myself i'm not going to trash a second one.
    The stage itself was kinda boring. It was MC only with the captains talking about their respective team or the difference among the captains. Like which season fits which captain. Small Q&A and despite being a 10 minute stage it almost felt like 30 minutes. Maybe i was just getting grumpy due to it getting late and not being able to stand without my feet hurting anymore.

So despite the disappointing end Haru Matsuri was enjoyable just for my episode with Ogiyuka and seeing Yukirin agian (exactly been a year since last time). If you however want to go to one of the Matsuri events i would suggest that you are able to understand basic japanese or you won't have a good time. Also it doesn't seem to be as popular with foreigners as for example a 2-shot event. As far is i could tell i was the only non asian-looking guy there.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mayu Paru

Mayu Paru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I think its Futari Saison by Keyakizaki46 heard alot of them on youtube but I want the visuals :(

Edit:
    The songs she solo-d: Your Name theme song, the Sakura song you mentioned (Im unsure on this one since I couldnt find any evidence yet), Green Flash, Futari Saison (Keya46)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  13. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    As far as i recall Futari Saison was the very last song she tried. There was another one before which, as i said, started with a P. Obviously Futari Saison doesn't ;)

Edit: https://twitter.com/ka2opu/status/840786804471156738

Or for lazy folks
    ・桜の木になろう
    ・なんでもないや(RADWIMPS)
    ・過ち
    ・二人セゾン(欅坂46)
    ・プライオリティ

Priority, and it actually is a 48G song, ha. I'm really not up to date with the coupling songs.

That's for the afternoon stage. The evening stage setlist might have been different, i don't know.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  14. RelaxRelapse

RelaxRelapse Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    I always love reading these since I don't expect to do one of these ever so keep posting them! Does anyone have any experience with Nakanishi Chiyori? I know she's not the most popular, but I could find any one-off write-ups, and am not really sure what I should look up if I was to find them on other sites.

15. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I have only ever had a ticket for Chori once, and then I had to waste it because of a last minute Wasamin event. :(

16. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    2-shot Report 3/20 Makuhari Messe

This was the second 2-shot event I'd attended, the first being a year ago in Yokohama. Then I had 18 tickets which I seemed to use quickly in each slot (even though I had popular members) so I found myself with long periods of nothing happening. This time surely 24 tickets wouldn't be a problem?

Incidentally this was my second event of the weekend as on the Saturday and Sunday I attended the NMB48 HS event in Yokohama where I met Sayanee, Mirurun, Nagisa, Fuuko and Shuu amongst others and I enjoyed assistance and translating from @Sakuraism who provided extra value to the tickets I'd bought through him!

So to the 2-shot. I got my tickets stamped very quickly at the information booth and by 8.35 I was ready to start. I was going to queue to get a CD cover singing by Yuihan but her line was already very long so I went to my second choice, Komiharu.

Komiyama Haruka (cover signing)

[​IMG]

Komi turned out to be a good choice as she spoke good English so I was able to introduce myself and then have a general chat while she signed the cover. As I had a 2-shot ticket for her I was able to leave with saying 'see you later!'

Iwatate Saho

[​IMG]

I only had two 2-shot tickets now for slot 1 (as the NGT48 girls were absent) and Saho was the first. She didn't have much of a queue and I had a pleasant but quiet meeting with her to start my 2-shotting day.

Minegishi Minami

[​IMG]

Miichan also had a short queue so another girl I didn't have to wait long to see. I felt she looked a little lukewarm when she saw me but she brightened up a little when I addressed her as 'Miichan'. She didn't think I only knew her from the shaved head video?

Kojima Yui (cover signing)

[​IMG]

Time for another signing and my next choice for the slot was Jiina. She also spoke good English and I also had a good convo with her which also ended with 'see you later!', which brought a nice smile from her.

Enough for slot 1, a reasonable start, let's go for slot 2.

Mukaichi Mion

[​IMG]

My first senbatsu member of the day and my first-ever meeting with Miion. She looked as pretty as I expected she would and I had another brief but pleasant 2-shot.

Komiyama Haruka (2-shot)

[​IMG]

Time for part 2 with Koniharu who suprised me by wearing glasses for the 2-shot, personally I'd have rather seen her face without them, but no matter, she was very nice indeed and defintely a person I now hope will make senbatsu at SSK.

Kojima Yui (2-shot)

[​IMG]

And time too for part 2 also with Jiina. As I left her I said 'you're very pretty' to which she replied 'yes I know I am!' But yes she is very pretty indeed and she is now definitely one of my HKT favourites.

So slot 2 completed on schedule although as yet I hadn't had time to re-use or 'oshimashi' my so far unused tickets with any other girls. it did seem to me that queues for all three 2-shots in that slot were only moving slowly, rather more slowly than this time last year. It was obvious the chekis were slowing things up and although there were only supposed to be 48 per girl per slot I'd say from observation that there were rather more than that. Anyway onto slot 3.

Yokoyama Yui

[​IMG]

I had two big names for slot 3, Yuihan and Jurina, but only those two so what could be the problem based on queuing times from last year? I saw Yuihan fairly quickly although again her queue was a little slower than expected. She was looking very pretty in her outfit for the 2-shot and I also told her she is very beautiful. We had a good and quite long goodbye.

Now started by far what would be the worst cluster-you-know-what for me at a 48G event. I arrived at Jurina's line about 30 minutes into the slot and the line was mega-long even by 48G ace starndards. The must have been at least 150 people in front of me when Jurina disappeared for about 15 minutes during which time her booth curtain remained closed. When it reopened I remained in line for another 15 minutes or so but I moved forward only the by the space of about 5 people and there was no sign of anyone ahead shuffling forward. I needed water and it was now only 20 minutes to the start of slot 4 when I had a ticket for Sasshi so I decided to abandon the queue, get a drink and pre-queue. However almost certainly that was the wrong decision.

Didn't Lady Bracknell in Oscar Wilde's 'The Importance of Being Earnest' say something like: "To lose one ace idol ticket may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose two looks like carelessness"? Was I careless? Quite probably. What happened was that Sasshi (who had missed the first two slots due to illness) still hadn't arrived over 30 minutes into slot 4. There was no information being given out and people were starting to leave the line. I decided I had to do the same or I would lose my other ticket in slot 4. So now in hindsight, yes I should have stayed in Jurina's line even if it had taken an hour for me to see her.

Tanaka Miku

[​IMG]

So now to what turned out to be my first 2-shot in nearly 2 hours. I was tired, hungry, thirsty and thoroughly pissed-off. In Mikurin's line I discovered I'd won a cheki for her but did I really want that?

My problem with chekis stems from the Hyper Japan event in London 2 years ago. 2-shots were available with visiting idol group members using your own phone, except for one group called Honey Spice where a staff member was insisting on using a cheki camera. I thought that the cheki looked murky, washed-out and reminiscent of a 1970's Polaroid photo.

But wasn't there discussion on S48 that if you won a cheki you could still have a phone 2-shot? So on arrival at the booth I asked if I could have both. That caused some head scratching by the staff and Mikurin called to the next booth to ask Nako who then came round the partition. After a little discussion, the staff and NakoMiku agreed that I should only have one or the other so I just decided to have the phone shot (apart from anything else I had to fill out a form for the cheki with options I didn't understand) and then go out and get food. So I'm very sorry I was a little tetchy with Mikurin - and now I've seen the folders the chekis were presented in maybe I'm also sorry I didn't have one after all.

Anyway, as many of you know she talked about me in her Showroom a couple of days later so I suppose at least I got a mention from her!

Watanabe Mayu

[​IMG]

So what does a fed-up wota do to improve his mood? Why he goes and sees his kami-oshi! For the second year running Mayu was wearing a very nice and expensive-looking dress. Again we exchanged nice smiles and again I complemented her on her beauty. Now things were starting to look up again especially as her line was moving quickly thanks to the OJS security guy acting as an additional staff member and helping to hand back phones instead of just standing there looking at people's hands!

Matsuoka Hana

[​IMG]

I seem to have bought into Hana's recent push and on meeting her it was blatantly clear why she has had that push as she came across as every inch the natural idol. She was very relaxed and I had a good meeting with her although she doesn't seem to understand much English.

The slowness of Hana's queue meant that I just missed my third girl of the slot, Ryoha, although an oshimashi should be possible later. However so far I'd only used 9 of my 24 tickets and I was fearing wasting many of them - but on to slot 6 and now my fortunes began to rapidly improve.

Shiroma Miru

[​IMG]

At the NMB HS event in Yokohama I had 3 tickets for Mirurun (my 48G ni-oshi) so of course she remembered me and she was very friendly. Last year I got one kiss blown at me, this year I had two! More good news was that her pre-queue line was short, maybe others had gone to get food.

Tomonaga Mio

[​IMG]

So straight round to the HKT lanes and Mio also had a short queue so I didn't have long to wait to see her. For me she's the prettiest HKT member after Sakura. Another short but enjoyable meeting.

I'd only bought 2 tickets for this slot so with only 30 minutes gone, time to burn some oshimashi tickets!

Murase Sae

[​IMG]

Saepii has only really grown on me in the last few months but only after I'd already bought the HS and 2-shot tickets. Therefore she was already my main wish for reusing a ticket, so obviously now I could start doing that she was my first choice. She's definitely very pretty. Yet another quick and good meeting.

Kitagawa Ryoha

[​IMG]

OK, let's try that again with Ryoha (and she's not 'Uha', I called her that and she firmly told me her name was Ryoha!). I'm not sure I liked her up-do hair but she's definitely very pretty and funny and very much my favourite now in SKE48.

OK 4 tickets used in slot 6, 11 to go in the last two slots. With a 30-minute break now I could get something to eat and then still be able to pre-queue.

Fukuoka Seina

[​IMG]

Seichan has long stood out for me as one of the best theater girls and it's good to see her now appearing more in MVs. She has a lovely pretty smile which comes over well in my photo.

So with Haruppi and Sakura both absent from this slot it was straight to re-using tickets for me once the 30 minute mark came up. My strategy now was to go along the lanes and as soon as I saw a girl with a star by her name who had little or no queue, then as long as I knew who she was and there was something about her I liked I would go straight for her. First up:

Murashige Anna

[​IMG]

Aanya was in a very slightly quiet mood but it was still good to meet her.

Ueki Nao

[​IMG]

Not an HKT member I'm overly familar with except that I've always liked her pretty cute smile. She turned out to be very sweet and friendly and she's now won me as a fan!

OK two tickets quickly re-used. Should I play safe and continue with HKT girls or should I chance the SKE lanes? The latter and definitely the right decision!

Oya Masana

[​IMG]

One of my all-time favourite SKE 1st gens so yes it was a good decision. She was trying to to speak to me in English but I'm sorry I couldn't understand her at all. I just said 'yes' and she said 'wow really?'. I'm sorry I can't tell you any more than that!

Matsumura Kaori

[​IMG]

Kaotan had twice just failed to make my 2-shot lists but now there she was with a star by her name, not much queue and I was very happy to be able to meet her after all. I expected her to be very friendly and I was most definitely not disappointed. Here's how the conversation went after the photo:

K (politely): Do you know who I am?
    Me: Yes you're Kaotan!
    K: Oh you know me! Do you live in Japan?
    Me: No I live in England, I'm on vacation here.
    K: That's great! Are you here for one week?
    Me: No I'm here for two weeks.
    K: Wow, that's a long time! Will you come back again next year and see me?
    Me: Of course!

Only then did staff push me out and even then I had a long goodbye with her while she told me she loved me. I'm sure I was in her booth for about a minute and finally I was feeling very good about the day.

OK time up for slot 7. Five girls in that slot, that's more like it. However I've still got 6 tickets to use but surely I can use most of them? I already have tickets for 4 girls in the slot though. But surely their queues won't be long?

Yabushita Shu

[​IMG]

I wasn't sure what to expect with Shu's queue seeing as this would be her last-ever 2-shot slot before graduating but as it happened not many people seemed to want to say their goodbyes to her. For me she's been my third-favourite NMB member and I'd already bought a ticket before her graduation announcement. Also I'd already met her 2 days ago at the NMB HS so yes she remembered me but although she looks very happy in her photo her mood did seem rather flat and downbeat.

Now onto my strangest ever meeting with a 48G member...

Azuma Rion

[​IMG]

Likewise this would be Rion's last-ever 2-shot slot before graduation, and likewise she only had a short queue, and likewise her mood wasn't too good. Yes she seemed OK when posing for photos but in between she seemed to have 'I'd rather not be here' written all over her face. Just before it was my turn for a photo she suddenly stood up and walked away from the booth although she did slowly return a couple of minutes later.

Now it was my turn and the photo was taken and we shook hands while I told her in English that I enjoyed her keyboard playing. She said 'huh?' and looked at a staff member who translated what I said. She then said to me 'keyboardo?' and I said 'yes' and she repeated again 'keyboardo?'.

Then suddenly she started grasping my right hand very tightly with both of hers while smiling and looking me straight in the eyes. And we stayed like that for I don't know, maybe 6, 8, 10 seconds, I lost track of time, I was too busy going WTF? inside my head while waiting for a staff member to push me out. But that didn't happen. The staff just stood there watching us and doing nothing even though there were still people waiting to see her.

Eventually though one of them did put their hand on my shoulder and Rion finally let go of my mine and smiled very nicely as we said goodbye. I left the booth, picked up my bag, turned back round and she was still smiling at me even though the next fan was already sitting down.

So WTF was that all about? Who knows but I won't forget that encounter in a hurry by any means.

Sato Sumire

[​IMG]

I moved on to using my next named ticket. Suuchan has long been one of my favourite prettiest 48G members but I'd heard she could be very salty at HS. No worries today, she was very friendly and spoke good English although just general small talk and greetings.

OK then, 3 of my 4 named tickets used for the slot and it was now 30 minutes in. Let's see if I can delay my final named ticket for Megu until just before the 60 minute mark and maybe I can use the last 2 oshimashi ones in the next 25 minutes. Anyone else in SKE? Nope. Anyone across in the NMB lanes?

Shibuya Nagisa

[​IMG]

The whole of Messe resonated to the sound of my jaw hitting the floor as I saw Nagisa's name with a star by it and only a handful of people in her queue. Just 48 hours earlier I'd had an HS with her and as she smiled her big smile I'd felt a 'twang' inside me and suddenly she shot up to being one of my favorite NMB members. I hadn't even given a moment's thought to 2-shotting with her but now it was going to happen.

And of course she remembered me and although her smile in the photo maybe isn't that big she was still very lovely and she became the second person after Mirurun to blow me a kiss as I left.

Now 1 oshinashi ticket to use in 15 minutes if I was still to see Megu. I remembered that a number of AKB theater girls were in the last slot. How about Abe Maria? I've always found her very pretty and sexy.

So i ran round to the AKB lanes but no she had a long queue so she was out for me. Any other theater girls I like but who had no queue? Yeah there was one...

Mogi Shinobu

[​IMG]

Of course I first discovered Mogitan in that AKBINGO episode with the cicada in the tube which went viral but more recently IMO she's becoming very pretty so it was great to meet her. Another nice but quick meeting.

Taniguchi Megu

[​IMG]

Like an exhausted marathon runner crossing the finishing line I rolled up in Megu's line just 5 minutes before the 60-minute cut-off. Actually for the first time all day I was on my original schedule! I'd always planned to see Megu last.

She's my second-favourite AKB member because of her lovely smile. Last year when I met her she was very quiet and didn't seem to understand me. Now however she was much more charismatic and she was able to understand my English. My final memory of the day was seeing her smile as I left the booth.

I'd done it! I'd used all 24 tickets! Talk about exhausted but happy! Definitely victory snatched well and truly from the jaws of defeat but I had to use 6 tickets in the final slot! Of course losing Jurina, Sasshi and Sakura (who was absent through illness) left huge gaping holes but there were plenty of other girls who filled them. I was able after all to finish the day with a huge sense of satisfaction.

But bloody hell was I shattered! Next time there won't be as many tickets! Also I only used 2 of my 4 autograph tickets so next time I'll make sure I can use them all.

Now to enjoy the remainder of my stay in Japan which will end next Wednesday at the Tokyo Dome City Hall where I'm very lucky to have a ticket for the second day of the ZIP! Haru Fes 2017 where I'll be able to see Keyakizaka46 perform live, something I'm truly excited about!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    AKB48-Group "Thumbnail" Album Shamekai Event @ Makuhari Messe (2017/03/20)

IMG_4654.JPG
    The cheki "booklet"

So Wasamin has finally received a vacation of sorts, as she has no events for an entire month. Given that it seems like it has been quite a while since I have been to a proper handshake/2-shot event. I did go to the SKE and HKT National events in February, and the HKT handshake event a week earlier (where I only had tickets for Akiyoshi) So I had mustered up a bit of enthusiasm for this event, despite the fact that I am not as big a fan of the 48-groups as I used to be. After all, many of my tickets were for members I had never done shamekai with before. And, I was going to see Akiyoshi again. That in and of itself made me happy since she is my new "best girl" in the 48-groups.

The other issues I needed to deal with were 1) what to do with my now "open" tickets since Mikitty graduated, and how would I use these CD autograph tickets. I had four of them, two for each day I have tickets for. One big issue was the fact that many of my favorite members were signing in Slot 1, and my first handshakes in this event start in Slot 3 (for the April event I don't start until Slot 5!) So my choices were limited. But I had a game plan, we would see if it all works out. I arrived just before noon, and immediately got my tickets stamped. In the meantime they were doing the Senbatsu and Sousenkyo announcements on the big screen. Okinawa eh? Well if I didn't go to Okinawa to see Wasamin, I am certainly not flying there for the friggin' Sousenkyo...

Murakawa Vivian (Slot 3): I went to see Vivian first since I knew her line would be shorter than the other ticket I had for Slot 3. After a short wait ( and losing at the cheki lottery) Vivian greeted me first with surprise, and then with a big English "Hello". I told her that I really liked her pretty blouse. We sat down and we decided on the heart pose.

IMG_5646.jpg

She asked me if she would see me again, so I told her that I had tickets for HKT at Saitama, so I would look forward to seeing her there. The thing about Vivian is I don't have that much to talk with her about. However, she is so genki in person it just makes up for that. So while I usually limit myself to one ticket per event with her, it is always fun. Anyway, off to my next meeting...

Suda Akari (Slot 3): I have always liked Dasu, but it has been quite a while since I actually bought an individual handshake ticket for her. the problem is that her line is always a total mess. Today was no different. It had reached "Sayanee level", stretching out into the crowd. I also noticed her curtain wasn't even open. After 20 minutes of not moving, I decided that this would not be worth the wait. Also, one of the girls I was considering using my Mikitty ticket on was Slot 3 only, so I took off for the other side of the venue...

Tanabe Miku (Slot 3): I really wanted to see Tanamin, since 1) I haven't had a handshake with her for almost a year, 2) I wanted to congratulate her on winning Janken, and 3) The last time I actually saw her she gave me this really enthusiastic wave, and I kinda halfheartedly waved back. Her line was actually longer than usual. but I made it to her in about 20 minutes. She greeted me with "osashiburi" But I reminded her that I saw her at the Wasamin concert. She was like "Oh yeah, you are a big Wasamin fan" "And you have the Wasamin iphone case" I asked her if she joyed Wasamin's concert, and eventually we sat down to pose.

IMG_5647.jpg

I have always wanted to do a "beer drinking" pose with her, but before I could suggest it she thrust the Sakura branches into my hand. So it was decided. Anyway, it was good to see Tanamin again, even if I forgot to mention Janken. And Slot 3 wasn't over, sooo..

Suda Akari (Slot 3): I decided to give Dasu one more chance, rather than making it another open ticket. Her line was still huge, but it was slightly smaller than before, and it was in fact moving. I only had one ticket for Slot 4, so I had time....

30 minutes go by...Slot 4 starts, now it has been an hour, and I still haven't even checked in. I had a decision to make, since I was now risking burning my slot 4 ticket. BTW, this is exactly what happened the last time I saw Dasu. Line was a total joke, it didn't move, and I ended up losing out on two other tickets as a result. I finally made it to check in, promptly lost the cheki lottery, and now the line was moving faster. By the time I made it to Dasu I just wanted to get the pic done and get out. But she was her usual genki and sweet self. I told her that one of the first times we met that she made dog noises at me, so we should do a "Wan Wan" pose...

IMG_5648.jpg

BTW, Dasu noticed my Akiyoshi ticket holder, and immediately exclaimed "Kawaiiiiii" Anyway, I really like Akarin, but I can't stand waiting in her line for 90-120 minutes every time I want to see her. So I am afraid this may be the last time I get a ticket for her. We'll see. Anyway, I had around 10 minutes before Slot 4 lanes closed...

Fuchigami Mai (Slot 4 & Slot 5): Maichan is so adorable, and I would definitely oshi her in HKT if it weren't for Yukachan. Her line wasn't long. So I got to see her very quickly. Per usual she started off trying to speak with me in English, but immediately abandoned it. It's funny, the first two times I met her she spoke a lot of English, but I think she has kind of lost whatever skill she had. In any case, I wanted a shot that emphasized her pretty smile, so we went with this...

IMG_5649.jpg

I love that picture of her. She is so photogenic! In fact, when I was showing my early 2-shots to friends they all remarked how good a 2-shot they thought this was. So when I went back in the next slot I delivered that news. "All of my friends said that my shamekai with Maichan is the best of the day." She was really happy to hear that as we took our second shot...

IMG_5651.jpg

Maichan asked me if I was coming back. Like with Vivian, I told her I was going to the Saitama concert, and I would try to win for NHK Hall too. I checked my photo, another really nice picture of Maichan. She REALLY is photogenic.

Tani Marika (Slot 5 CD Signing): By the way, I had finally decided to use one of my CD autograph tickets in Slot 5. Since I had heard that the autograph lines seemed to be slow, I decided to pre-queue, so it wouldn't mess up the time I had for the shamekai tickets I also had for Slot 5. This worked out well, since I ultimately was fourth in line. So it was just a few minutes before I got a signed CD jacket...

IMG_4657.JPG

From Tani!!! Actually, I decided to go for Tani since the last time I saw her was at the High Tension event, where she watched me loop Mikitty's line like 4-5 times. So I wanted to make it up to her. Not that she remembers, but I remember. Anyway, Marika spent quite a while doing that autograph since she saw I was wearing a Wasamin shirt. She started talking to me all about Wasamin. I didn't get all she said, but I can tell she really likes and respects Wasamin. So it was a nice little conversation. I told her I would see her a little bit later. But first...

Akiyoshi Yuka (Slot 5, Slot 6): Finally, a chance to see my princess! This is how I know that she is my favorite member in the 48-groups now, since I could feel anticipation when it was time for this slot. And Drats! I didn't win the cheki. Originally I didn't care that much about the cheki, but after I saw a few of them I decided it really was a good prize, and if I managed to win one I would want it to be with Yuka-chan. Yuka-chan saw me before I entered the booth and exclaimed "Hi Kurisuuuu!!!" I immediately showed her that I was wearing my Akiyoshi ticket holder today. When we sat down, like Tanamin, she just handed me the branches. However, the ones she gave me were just in a big clump. So I started trying to untangle them so I could hold them properly. But Akiyoshi told me that I should be looking at the camera, so the whole "sakura" thing didn't really work out the way she planned it...

IMG_5650.jpg

I told her I would be seeing her again in a little bit. I actually had my 2nd Maichan 2-shot (which I wrote about above) in-between these two. When I came back I told Yukachan that I had purchased a few more tickets for her at the HKT event in May, so I would be seeing a lot of her in the future. Anyway, for the second shot I suggested a "rabu rabu" pose (which is what Tani calls it)

IMG_5652.jpg

After the shot I told Yukachan that I would be bringing a CD to her and that I hoped she would sign it. She said of course, and I was off to see Tani. And for the record, after seven tickets I was yet to win the cheki prize.

Tani Marika (Slot 6): Like I said before, I was really happy to be seeing a lot of Tani today. When I entered the queue I immediately commented on her kakkoii leather cap, and that she was like "Motorcycle Tani" But the newly observant Tani noticed my Akiyoshi ticket holder, so it was time for a bit of taunting. Pretty much every response I was getting was "Ahh-kiii-yooo-shiiii" She eventually paused to suggest an "onigiri" pose.

IMG_5653.jpg

But once the photo was taken, the taunting continued... "Ahhh-kiii-yooooo-shiiiii" At this point I am hiding my ticket holder. "Chiigau! Akiyoshi nani????" as I put it behind my back. But Marika wouldn't let up. Too funny. I finally had a break until my final three tickets, so I went for a very late lunch.

Akiyoshi Yuka (Slot 7 CD Signing): Like with Tani in Slot 5, I wanted to pre-queue for the CD signing so I wouldn't miss out on the girls I had scheduled for shamekai. The problem was that Oguri Yui's lane was right next to Yukachan's, and it was a complete mess. There must have been 500 people in that queue, which was odd since there was a limit, and her slot had been over for an hour. It was such a mess that it completely blocked the lanes of Hazuki, Akiyoshi, Tomiyoshi, and Rikopi. The HKT fans started complaining, so they decided to move the YuiYui fans to some other part of the venue. Thank god! Although this caused the lanes to open up a little late. In the meantime Yukachan was taking pictures of us waiting for the lane to open. It finally did, and I was around 8th in line. While I was waiting in the queue, a funny thing happened...

IMG_4658.JPG

Sakaguchi Riko was in the next lane over. Eventually she noticed me in Yukachan's lane, and starring calling out to me. "Kurisuuu!!!" while she is waving to me and smiling. Wow, I am amazed that she remembers my name like that. I mean I have met her once. And now every time I see her she is totally making a big deal out of it. Now I felt bad that I didn't have any tickets for her. I need to change that, since Rikopi is really making an effort to connect with me. Anyway, Yukachan was signing the CD as I told her I how excited I was about the HKT concert in Saitama, and that I actually lived not far from the venue. She also complimented my Japanese writing, which was on the back of the ticket. I reminded her that we are both left-handed.

Matsumura Kaori (Slot 7): The Akiyoshi autograph took a bit longer than expected, so I had to be strategic if I was going to get both of my Slot 7 tickets done. I checked both lines, Kaotan's was a bit shorter. Although Kaotan's lanes tend to go slow since she takes extra time with pretty much everyone, I took my chances. I checked in, and Yes!!! I finally won a cheki! I always seem to get lucky in Kaotan's lane. In fact, at the Love Trip event I also won the drawing at Kaotan's lane. Anyway, the lane was going very slow, I began thinking about what I would do with my last ticket if I couldn't use it as scheduled. While waiting in the queue I was spying on Jurina, who was in the next lane over. I finally made it to Kaotan. she was like, ah you're here, and you won!!! They quickly took the shot...

IMG_5655.jpg

Now Kaotan really takes her time doing the signing part. She noticed my Wasamin shirt (I had hidden the Akiyoshi ticket holder, LOL), and she was like. "Oh right, you oshi Wasamin, right?" (Kaotan has told me before that she really likes Wasamin too) I told her I was a member of Wasamin's fan club. Since we had all this time, I started telling her about all the different events Wasamin has done for her fans. Kaotan was really amazed. I then asked her about the events she does. I told her that I read her twitter and I want to go to a Kaotan event. She then asked how to spell my name in English since she wanted to write it both ways, and I only wrote it in kana on the sheet. As I left she asked when she would see me again, and I told her at the next shamekai event I would ask her to sign a CD for me. She happily agreed. BTW, that one handshake ticket took about 3 minutes. And now I had around 3 minutes to queue up for my last ticket. Thankfully the other lane was very close.

Hidaka Yuzuki (Slot 7): I made it to the queue, checked in, and whaddya' know, I won another cheki, Yatta!!! The girl at the staff table was giggling at my reaction, so I blurted out "LUCKY!" which really got her to laugh. Anyway, Yuzuki's queue moved quickly. Yuzuki was like "Good to see you again...and you won the cheki!" I suggested a baseball pose, not really knowing what that would look like. But I know Yuzuki likes baseball, so she suggested this...

IMG_5656.jpg

While I was taking the picture, I mentioned that I was the one batting left-handed, she was batting as a righty (we are both left-handed) But she didn't mind. As she was signing the photo we talked about the World Baseball Classic. She mentioned the fact that Japan was playing against the U.S., so I leaned forward and whispered to her that I would be rooting for Japan. She also noticed my Japanese writing, so I told her I had been studying Japanese. Anyway, I thanked her for the cheki, and with that my day was done.

In the meantime I resolved that I would be using my Mikitty ticket, and one of my CD signing tickets on Rikopi when I go to the next shamekai in April. She was actually one of the girls I was considering using the ticket I had today for too. I think her fishing of me on this day pretty much decided it. I also applied for Rikopi tickets for the HKT single when I got home after this event, but I ended up losing that lottery. Oh well.

One other thing. As I was leaving the venue, all of a sudden I hear a girl yelling my name "Kurisu Kurisu!" I started wondering, did one of the members break free? Who is this young girl calling out to me. I turned around to see one of the guards waving to me. It was my friend Suzuka-chan! And BTW, Suzuka could be an idol herself. She is really cute. It turned out she was working the event, specifically Lane #43 (Nakano and Yamada from Team 8) She said she was surprised to see me. I said "But you know I like idols, LOL!" After showing her my photos we parted ways. Oh, and I saw her today too and she immediately greeted me with "Hey, HKT!"

• Like Like x 2
  18. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

@David61 re Azuma Rion, I'm guessing that while a lot of people probably praise her looks or whatever that less people praise her musical skill and that she really appreciated that you praised something she's proud of and worked hard on. Sounds like a pretty emotional moment for her tbh. Lucky you!

19. Matto

Matto Member

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    March 20th, 2017 AKB48 Thumbnail Photo Event (Makuhari Messe)

I didn't originally plan to come to this event. My original plan was go to on the 4/22 event. A number of factors prompted me to add this to my itinerary: the previous day's NMB event in Yokohama (check the NMB forum for that report) and because my local friend who I usually go to events with had a scheduling conflict that forced him to reschedule for 3/20 and 4/15. I got super lucky as I won these tickets through resales.

- Slot 2 -

Ishizuka Akari

Quick background on this: on the previous day I took part in @Sakuraism 's gaijin train scheme. I became interested in meeting Anchu after watching her Dragon Quest streams. At the previous event, I mentioned I liked Dragon Quest 8 and she named off the characters. When she saw me the next day, she remembered me and called me Yangus. If from now on, she only calls me Yangus I'm cool with that. It's now my job to play the Japanese version of DQ8 and learn his mannerisms in Japanese.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yamamoto Sayaka

Over the last several months I've become a bit of a regular in the Sayaka lanes to the point that random Sayaka fans will strike up a conversation with me, as well as Sayaka's semi-regular OJS, Gen. The last couple times I've gone to see Sayaka, Gen would see me and go "Oh it's Bob!". It was confusing at first, but now it's pretty amusing and I politely correct him.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I tried doing some cool photoshop work to draw a rainbow in there but it didn't turn out so well.

Slot -4-

Kamieda Emika

The gimmick for the 2shot events this time is signed chekki/polaroid photo. I was kinda indifferent when I won the chekki for Emichi as I knew the photo quality would be worse, but whatever. It was pretty funny when I hit the tablet and it showed that I won, the staff looked really happy for me but I was stoic.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Slot 5-

Goto Lala

I originally had a ticket for Kato Minami, but her and all of the NGT had fallen ill and were absent from that event. I heard that I could use the ticket on her at another event but because that schedule was pretty full and my friend told me Lala had a star by her lane, I decided to go see her (even though I have 3 tickets for her next month).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wanted to talk more but spaced out on what I was going to say. Good thing I have 3 tickets for her next time!

-Slot 6-

Honda Hitomi CD Jacket Signing

I only had one sign ticket for this event. My original plan was Emichi or Airi Tanigawa but noticed Hiichan was on the schedule (she wasn't scheduled for the 4/22 event) so I figured I'd wait in line early to get her sign.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    3/18-19, 2017 NMB48 Boku Igai Dareka Kobetsu HS

The last handshake I went to was about 10 weeks ago which has been awhile since I had a break like this from handshake. This time was also the first time I've went to an event with such an empty schedule with just a handful of tickets. The reason was merely because I couldn't win my oshimen's tickets so I just ended up buying a lot of random members. Luckily because of these randomness I was able to see Shu and Reinyan before they graduate.

The British guy I've mentioned a lot in my report this time is @David61 here on S48.

Day 1

Shiroma Miru

[​IMG]

Yamamoto Sayaka

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Day 2

Yamamoto Sayaka

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]