1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Your AKB48 Experiences

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by cRaZY MiKi, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki 3rd Solo Concert at Yomiuri Otemachi Hall, Tokyo (2017/07/22-23)

iwa11.jpg

It's about time that they decided to let Wasamin have more than one solo concert per year. Actually, if you count her 'Acoustic Love Live' shows, as well as her solo concert coming up this September, that makes six solo concerts in 2017 (Well, eight. Since this was three shows) This show was announced at the end of Wasamin's January concert, and we knew that this venue was about half the size of Asakusa Kokaido. But what we didn't know until we received our fan club mailers was that it would be three separate shows. One on Saturday, and two on Sunday. We also found out that they would once again be offering "Ichigo Seating," which are not only the best seats in the house, but also offer some kind of special bonus. Ichigo Seats are 3x the price of the regular seats, so would it be worth it to spend so much on tickets to three shows???

iwa7.jpg

Since I am a Wasamin fan, one would think that answer would be simple. But many people, (including me) questioned whether or not the Ichigo Seats were worth it at the last show. The bonus "rehearsal and high touch was kinda short, and rushed. Not to mention we get to shake hands with Wasamin all the time for the price of a CD. So at the end of the day we paid a big premium to be guaranteed the best seats. Also, they were offering a discount if you bought 'regular' seats to all three shows. Ultimately, I bit the bullet, and my devotion won out. I headed to the post office and paid to apply for Ichigo Seats for each show. It would take almost four months to find out if I won, and where my seats were. Which brings up another little 'issue.'

Random Lottery?

iwa6.jpg

One would think, since it was 'supposed' to be a lottery, that our Ichigo seats would have been scattered around the front section. But they really weren't. People who won front row seemed to get it for all three shows. People with sixth row got it for all three shows. I was third row center, for all three shows. I think they need to do something about that. Not that it's a big deal, since it is a small venue, and third row is still VERY close to the stage, but it doesn't seem completely fair. Oh, and I don't think it was favoritism either, since some of the biggest spenders at her CD events did not have front row. But let's talk about the Ichigo Bonuses.

Ichigo Bonuses

iwa8.jpg

Ichigo Seat Badges, hand-signed!

Each show had a different Ichigo Bonus to go with the premium seating. Obviously they wanted to make sure fans wanted to enjoy all of the bonuses, since if they made them all the same it might cause people to just buy one. The Saturday night bonus was a "Post-Show After-Party" where we would also be getting to take some kind of personal video with Wasamin. After the show they led us into a medium sized conference room, where they had snacks and water for us to enjoy while we waited. They asked us to get into a loose circle (there were around 50 of us) where they explained what would be happening. Eventually Wasamin came in, followed by her manager, Ichikawa-san, and a cameraman. (By the way, they were filming everything around this concert, including the fans outside the venue) Wasamin went into the center of the circle, and started asking us how we liked the show. We basically chit-chatted about the songs she hose, the costumes she wore, and whatnot. After a few minutes it was time for the 'video shooting' The way it worked was that in groups, we formed semi-circles of 15 people, and then Wasamin made a short speech, and then came around and gave each of us a quick 'Thank You' message. Here, check it out...

if the video does not show watch the video here

"Uhh, Hello Wasamin!" After this we got back into a circle, and Wasamin started asking us about the Ichigo Bonus. She said that she had read some of the comments online last January where people questioned if it was worth it. So this time she said she really wanted to do something worthwhile for the fans. Furthermore, she said she would do her best to think of something really fun to do the next day so we all felt good about spending so much money on Ichigo Seats. After that, we said our goodbyes, and she left the room, with us being allowed to leave a short time later...

The Sunday morning bonus was similar to the Ichigo Bonus we got in January, an opportunity to watch some of the rehearsal and soundcheck. Only this time, instead of being delayed at the end of the event by the press, she did her press interviews before the rehearsal, which ultimately caused us to be a half hour late getting in, so it was a good thing this was being done two hours before the show. The other bonus was that we would be getting to take a group photo with Wasamin on the stage, which we did in three groups.

iwa14.jpg

The other nice thing was that we got to see MORE of the rehearsal. In January it was a quick MC, one song, and done. This time it was two longer MCs, and two songs. So a bit more...

For the final bonus on Sunday night, we got to enjoy a second encore. This was really nice too. Wasamin's family was in the audience for this show, and also stuck around for this. When the show ended, they told us to stay in our seats while the rest of the fans filed out. Then after a 5-10 minute break the lights dimmed and the curtain opened again. It was extremely intimate, quite like one of her mini in-store lives. After a quick talk, the first song she sang AND performed on guitar was Nada Sousou. After this she once again brought up the Ichigo Bonuses, and asked us if we thought they better than last time. She also asked us which one's were our favorites. (I chose Saturday night) After that she asked us if we were going to her September concert, or her October dinner show, and then she finished by performing Kikyou. So at the end of the day I think they did a great job making sure the Ichigo Seat bonuses were worth our while...

Outside The Venue

iwa2.jpg

Yomiuri Otemachi Hall is actually upstairs in the main offices of the Yomiuri Shinbun in the business district near Tokyo Station. It was the weekend, so the neighborhood was pretty much deserted, and most of the restaurants were closed. The nice thing was that the building is directly over Otemachi Station, which also happens to be on the train line by my apartment, so very easy to get to and from. On the third floor waiting area, they had placed all of the flowers, as well as one table where you could pre-order Wasamin's upcoming CD. Then on the fifth floor they had the goods tables, a small bar, and a booth to buy 'day of' tickets since none of the shows actually sold out. I actually bought one of every souvenir they had on the first day. However, they had a different acrylic stand for each day, so most fans lined up the second day just to get the second stand. Also, they ran out of L-size T-shirts the first day, so some people had to wait until the second day for that too. In addition, they were offering an autographed Saba Kaido clear file if you pre-ordered the CD. At first I bailed on this, since I already have multiple autographed Saba Kaido clear files. But when I saw that it was a new version of the clear file, I broke down on got one on the second day.

You can see the goods on this post in the Wasamin thread...
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...asa-misaki-wasamin.1886/page-145#post-1344620

iwa1.jpg
    Fan Club Flowers

Also, they had a huge film crew for this show. It was almost as if they were filming a documentary, as they seemed to be filming everything going on the entire weekend, both inside and outside the venue. Even when the fan club members decided to take a group pic after the show, the camera crew ran out and recorded us doing it. However, they did cause one big issue the first evening. When we got into the venue, they had cameras and crew set up in a lot of seats. Unfortunately, people bought tickets for these seats, and they were GREAT seats. At first they were telling people where they could sit further back. But the fans were not going to accept this, and eventually the camera crews were all moved somewhere else. Ultimately it caused a fifteen minute delay to the start of the show. This didn't seem to be an issue on Sunday though, as the cameras were back to their original positions. In fact, for the last show I was right behind the cameraman, and could watch his monitors with all of the camera angles.

The Setlists

iwa9.jpg

They promised that all of the setlists would be different, and they were, although not completely. Some of her singles moved around the setlist, and they changed the songs during the guitar segment, and the 'roaming around the audience' segment. Oh, and they also added Seto no Hanayome to Sunday's performances due to the death of singer/songwriter Hirao Masaaki, who many of you may know as one of the judges on the AKBingo! DIVA Championships.

Saturday Night Setlist (7/22)
    01. Mujineki
    02. Kanashimi Honsen Nihon Kai
    MC (Wasamin winging it)
    03. Ginza Kan Kan Musume
    04. Shitamachi no Taiyou
    05. Nangoku Tosa wo Ato ni Shite
    MC (Monthly challenge campaign)
    06. Yume Shibai
    MC (More on the challenge campaign)
    07. Omoidezake
    08. Futarizake
    09. Hatsuzake
    MC (VTR Highlights of Wasamin 'Love Live' show in May)
    [Next segment on guitar]
    10. Misaki Meguri
    11. Kandagawa
    12. Ito
    MC (Introduction of photo shooting session)
    13. Momen no Handkerchief
    14. Watashi no Aoi Tori
    15. Heart no Ace ga Detekonai
    16. Sailor Fuku wo Nugasanaide
    17. Koi no Dial 6700
    MC (End of photo shooting)
    18. Nora
    19. Ihoujin
    20. Ajisai-bashi
    21. Moshimo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara
    End of Main Show
    (VTR- Deleted scenes, making of Saba Kaido PV)
    EN1. Tomonoura Bojou
    EN2. Gomen ne Tokyo
    MC (Wasamin 4th concert will be held February 4th at Ebisu Garden Hall!!!)
    EN3. Saba Kaido

Show End

Sunday Matinee Setlist
    Ichigo Seat Holder Special Rehearsal Setlist
    (All Ichigo Seat holders got to take a group shot with Wasamin before the performance)
    R1. Saba Kaido
    MC: (Congratulations to Ichigo Seat holders. Wasamin didn't realize the ichigo rehearsal bonus was two hours before the show, LOL. I guess that's why there was a 20 minute delay)
    R2. Mujineki

01. Gomen ne Tokyo
    MC
    03. Ginza Kan Kan Musume
    04. Shitamachi no Taiyou
    06. Yume Shibai
    MC (Monthly challenge campaign)
    07. Seto no Hanayome
    MC (Looking for audience members who came from far away)
    08. Omoidezake
    09. Futarizake
    10. Hatsuzake
    [Next segment on guitar]
    11. Thank You
    12. Kaze ni Naru
    13. Ito
    14. Shochuu Omimai Moushiagemasu
    15. Natsu no Ojousan
    16. Natsu no Tobira
    17. Toshishita no Otokonoko
    18. Aoi Sangoshou
    MC (End of photo shooting, goods presentation w/ discussion of which colors represent which singles)
    19. Nora
    20. Ihoujin
    21. Ajisai-bashi
    22. Mujineki
    End of Main Show
    EN1. Moshimo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara
    EN2. Tomonoura Bojou
    MC (Wasamin 4th concert will be held February 4th at Ebisu Garden Hall!!! Also, it is decided. Official song penlight colors are: Mujineki=white, Moshisora=skyblue, Tomobojo-red, Hatsuzake=green, Gomen ne Tokyo=yellow, Saba Kaido=dark blue)
    EN3. Saba Kaido

Show End

Sunday Night Finale Setlist
    01. Tomonoura Bojou
    MC (Wasamin winging it)
    03. Ginza Kan Kan Musume
    04. Shitamachi no Taiyou
    06. Yume Shibai
    MC (More on the challenge campaign)
    07. Seto no Hanayome
    MC
    08. Omoidezake
    09. Futarizake
    10. Hatsuzake
    [Next segment on guitar]
    11. Marunouchi Sadistic
    12. Silly
    13. Ito
    14. Dancing Hero (Eat You Up)
    15. Watashi no Aoi Tori
    16. Shoujo A
    17. Playback Part Two
    18. Kazari Janai no yo Namida wa
    MC (End of photo shooting)
    19. Nora
    20. Ihoujin
    21. Ajisai-bashi
    22. Gomen ne Tokyo
    End of Main Show
    EN1. Mujineki
    EN2. Moshimo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara
    MC (Wasamin 4th concert will be held February 4th at Ebisu Garden Hall!!!)
    EN3. Saba Kaido

Ichigo Seat Members Exclusive Bonus Encore Performance
    EN-2A. Nada Sousou (on guitar)
    EN-2B. Kikyou

Show End

It had been a while since many of her fans had seen her perform live, aside from her performance in the play she did in Osaka, since she hasn't really had any CDs to promote. But many of the fans remarked after the first show that there was something slightly different and more professional about Wasamin's performance. Her singing was top notch, and she was also using her body in a much different way. You could tell it was having a positive effect on her singing.

iwa10.jpg

One of the other features of the three shows was that she wore different costumes for the guitar and audience photography portions of each show, which was also a nice touch. Speaking of that, like I mentioned before she switched up the songs she performed on guitar, and the songs she sang when she roamed the audience. These are the highlights of the shows because they are in many ways the biggest surprises of each show, seeing what songs she will perform. I must admit I was shocked when she performed Sailor Fuku wo Nugasanaide and Koi no Dial 6700, not to mention Shochuu Omimai Moushiagemasu. She also had a few nice choices for her guitar songs, including the Leo and Sheena Ringo songs. Wasamin still has some work to do on improving her guitar work, but it is neat to see her on stage doing her best every time.

Of course they also had a photo-op portion of the show, where fans were free to take photos. I put a couple of examples on this post, but you can see more of the pics I took in the concert thread or Wasamin's individual thread. They also announced Wasamin's 4th concert will be taking place on February 4th in Ebisu, not to mention she will be doing a Winter 'Love Live' show in November. So lots of concerts to keep the fans happy.

iwa4.jpg

Oh, and a couple other cute stories.
    1) Wasamin's family are usually in the audience for her big concerts. For this show they came for the last performance. However, it was the first time I have ever seen Wasamin address them in the middle of the show. While she was performing in the audience, as she passed them she stopped, pointed and said. "It's my Mom and Dad!" Cute!
    2) this will be good for those of you going to see her in San Francisco, but part of one of the MCs was to talk about the goods. All of us really like the penlight which has a preview function where you can scroll through the colors without changing the color of your glowstick. During the third show we were having races to see who could change their glowstick to a specific color the most quickly. But in the second show Wasamin decided each of her singles has a distinct "Official Color" So here they are...
    Mujineki=white
    Moshisora=Light Blue
    TomoBojo=Red
    Hatsuzake=Green
    Gomen ne Tokyo=Yellow
    Saba Kaido=Blue

Anyway, you guys going to her San Francisco show can have fun with that. But be sure and tell them how you found out.

iwa12.jpg
    (This was the first photo we took, the one with her manager we took later)

After the shows the fans took one last group pic, which Wasamin's manager joined in on, and then we went on our merry ways. Overall the shows were a lot of fun, and to me they never got boring, especially since she switched up so many of the songs. Next up for us is her September concert in Chiba. But in the meantime she will be doing a bunch of promotional appearances in late August to promote the 'memorial' release of her 6th single. So plenty of Wasafun in the wings.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    High Tension - Shoot Sign national handshake / Fukuoka (7/30)

Final opportunity to meet AKB before returning home but with early wake-up and JR Pass things happen.

Mini-live was nice even if I could not see much due to bring in pen C2. High point IMO was AccidentChu! which is my favourite recent song. I did have a chance to see Yukirin's new hair up close ehen they went around the floor but gotta say, it was better in the pix.

I could not stay for infividual hs due to timetables, but for group stage it went like this.

Komi/Yukarun/Mogi: I went as soon as my number was invited and it was a mistake. People were rushed through as fast as possible. However, I did get me a Komiharu smile so it was win. Yukarun or Mogi well... they probably did not give a shit about me. I went because of Komi so whatever.

Goods line: I do wonder how they managed to be so slow when there was 5 people before me and it took ages.

Hiiwatan/Tomu/Mako:
    Their line was empty when I went so Hiiwatan was waving from far away and it was less of a rush job so she managed to ask me if I was American. Tomu had an instant reaction when I said "Oh, Okapaas!" And both her and Mako exploded with laughter when I moved to Mako and went "Tänüki!"

Naachan:
    Another rush job since her line was still busy. I tried to tell her she has lots of foreign fans but she was busy exclaiming my shirt was kakkoii(I am quite snappy dresser compared to average wota if I choose to) so dunno if she got it.

All in all: next time pick empty queues, dress well again and don't be too busy! Rate it 5/5, glad I woke up at 5AM on my summer vacation for this.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    'Let's Go Kenkyuusei' 16th Gen Stage Live at the Donki, 2:30pm Matinee (2017/07/30)

I was strolling around Tokyo Big Sight, waiting to use my Slot 2 tickets, when I saw I had an email from the ticket center. Hmm, I had a funny feeling I might be winning something soon. I noticed immediately that it wasn't a win, but a cancel machi. Figures. I then saw the cancel machi number, 137. Yeah right, like I have a chance in hell winning with that number. After all, this is a brand new stage, it is a weekend show, and I haven't seen the cancal machi go that high in a while. Still, I decided I would go and check it out. Even if I didn't win, I could catch some of the show on the monitors until I left for my backup plan, to see FESTIVE in Ikebukuro. Also, I firmly believe that you get a few 'brownie points' for showing up for cancel machi even if you don't win. I mean they do take down the names and numbers of everyone who shows up.

The Setup

I got to Akihabara around an hour early, and had lunch and coffee at the Excelssior Cafe across the street. It was a usual busy Sunday in Akihabara, with the main boulevard closed and tons of people walking in every direction. I headed over to the Donki around five minutes before cutoff. Let's get this over with. However....

When I got upstairs I was surprised to see that there was virtually no line whatsoever for the box office. Furthermore, there weren't very many cancel machi people standing there either. A couple of minutes later they announced that anyone with cancel machi 60 or below could buy tickets immediately. Wow, so the cancel machi is going to BEGIN at 61? Could I possibly have a chance? From there staff was rapid firing cancel machi numbers, through the 60's, 70's 80's, finally it began slowing down, and he announced the initial cutoff at 90....

After this staff asked all of the people who hadn't won yet to come forward. Lo and behold, there were only nine of us left. After a short discussion, it was decided. We would ALL be getting to see the show today. WOW!!! (Actually, I think they originally planned to let eight of us in, but when they saw there were nine of us, they decided not to screw over just one person) I have said this many times, I have seen the cancel machi go all the way to 150 multiple times. So even if you think your chances are slim, never say never. But yeah, 137. For me this is the highest cancel machi I have personally ever won with.

ske8.jpg

So, this would be my 35th theater show, and the second time I won in July. That doesn't count the July 11th cancel machi I had and lost. So technically, I almost had three wins this month. Glad to see my theater luck has changed for the good. This ALSO meant that I would be getting to see the 16th Gen kenkyuusei's brand new stage that they just debuted on Friday night. I was stoked, and who cares if I would probably have a horrible vantage point. I was just glad to be part of the show. I was third to last in, and at first I didn't see anywhere I could stand, so I shuffled all the way to the other side of the rear of the theater and found a spot. A minute later a family of three in front of me decided they didn't like their spot and moved. So I moved up, and actually had a decent vantage point. The pillar was blocking the center of the stage, but other than that, I could see pretty much everything.

The Show

I had briefly read the stage setlist here on the forum Friday night, so I remembered what some of the songs would be. And frankly, I was really excited. SDN? Watarirouka? Old Team B? Great stuff! And of course I was happy to be seeing my favorite AKB48 member, Zunchan, and my other favorite kenkyuusei, Zukkii. I was really excited to see her solo performance of the Fujita Nana song.

The opening songlist has a lot of high energy numbers, highlighted by one of my favorite Team B songs, Minnasan mo go Issho ni. So in that, it was a lot of fun. However, on more than one occasion the members seemed out of sync with the song. The dancing was a little bit disorganized, the lip-syncing was way off, and the member who did the narrative part on 'Minnasan' did more panting than actual talking. (Was that Nanami? I don't remember) So I think the members still need a bit more practice on this portion of the setlist to tighten things up.

I loved most of the unit selections, and Zukkii's solo, plus Cross were both highlights. I was pleasantly surprised to see how well Yasuda Kana could center a song, especially a song like that. She was fierce. Of course I loved Kanpeki Guu no ne, especially since Zunchan was in it, and she was adorable. However, it seemed like they had the song slightly slowed down? Perhaps I was hearing things, but it just seemed slightly slower to me. the other two songs were alright, but didn't stand out to me like the other three.

In the second half of the show, the girls seemed to be more into it, especially on Kodoku na Runner, Zutto Zutto, and especially 'Wasshoi' (Let's Go Kenkyuusei) But it was around here that I noticed how much different the fans are at theater shows than they were when I used to go to the theater, and these song were new. Hardly anyone knows the calls to these songs anymore, and barely anyone knows the hand movements. Most of the people there are just waving penlights around. Oh, and I have the feeling hardly anybody there knew SDN at all, as I didn't hear the distinct fan calls, or see the hand movements, at all for 'Runner'. To me this is a disappointment. I know it is fun to wave penlights around, but in the old days of the theater hardly anyone brought penlights, but virtually everyone knew the calls and stuff. I think it was a lot more fun like that, and added to the energy of the performance. Penlights just don't do that.

After the group shot, it was time for 'High Wave." There was another member who caught my eye a few times, but I don;t know her name. Oh well, she will have to capture me again. On the other hand, both Zunchan and Zukkii were great, and Yasuda Kana really impressed me a lot. And of course the little loli Sato Manami is cute.

At the end of the day, I was happy that I won the show, got to see Zunchan, and got to see a brand new stage. Since much of my luck seems to be with 16th gen shows, I look forward to hopefully winning the chance to see them perform this again, and perhaps they will be much improved.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    AKB48-Group 48th Single Negaigoto no Mochigusare Individual Handshake Meeting at Makuhari Messe (2017/08/11)

This is my "low key" handshake event for this single, and the only one of the three days of events I am attending this weekend. AKB48 puts on so many more events per single than they did back in the day, so these days my M.O. is to get tickets to two events, one being my "main" handshake event with more tickets, and then my second handshake event, with fewer tickets. In this particular case, fewer tickets meant ten, including one "open" ticket that I could use on any eligible member. I had also condensed this day into three slots, so I wouldn't be in Makuhari all day. Actually, it was originally four slots, but...well, you'll see...

The real bummer of the day was that I could not get any tickets to see Yamane Suzuha. I didn't realize when I originally applied, but today was Zunchan's birthday, so her tickets sold out very quickly, and of course I couldn't use my open ticket on her either. It's too bad, because if I had known I would have picked tomorrow or Sunday to go instead, but I had already won tickets for the 11th, so I was kinda stuck. Oh well.

Anyway, I got to Makuhari at 11:15, grabbed lunch by the station, and made it to the venue just before noon. I didn't need to get my tickets stamped since that was already taken care of last month.

Slot 3

Akiyoshi Yuka (Lane 40) <2 tickets> Yukachan was a bit late to the slot. In the meantime the guy in front of me was desperately trying to communicate with Rikopi, and then Aramaki since they were in the neighboring lanes. So I got a quick greeting from Rikopi (who didn't know I was coming over to her lane right after) It was good timing, since they had just started debuting the B-side music videos from the upcoming single on the big screens. Akiyoshi eventually came out, and I was second in line. So I told Yuka that I had finally graduated from my University last weekend when HKT was at Tokyo Idol Fes. She congratulated me, and also invited Rikopi over to congratulate me too, which was nice. I told Rikopi that I would be over in a minute. In fact my second ticket for Akiyoshi was a continuation of my conversation with Rikopi, so...

Sakaguchi Riko (Lane 41) By the time I had finished with my first Akiyoshi ticket, Rikopi's lane had cleared out, so I jumped over into her lane. The first thing she said was that when she saw me in Yukachan's lane, she hoped I was coming over to see her too. At this point it was almost time for the debut of her MV from the upcoming single, so I told her I looked forward to watching it.

So the funny thing was, at this point all of Rikopi's regular fans checked into the lane, and then they held the line up so Rikopi could watch the video. The guards were watching it too. I was standing in the area before check in for Akiyoshi's line. After the MV we all gave Rikopi a big ovation, including her guards. LOL. Anyway, I asked Yukachan what she thought of Rikopi's song, and then I told her that I really liked Sasshi's MV. I had more tickets for Yukachan in a little bit, so I left it at that...

So for my open ticket, I had a few ideas. For some reason I had neglected to get a Tani ticket for this event, so she was a possibility, as was Zukki from 16th gen, since I consider her my favorite AKB kenkyuusei not named Zunchan. But then I noticed that Masanya's lane was *starred* as well, at least in this slot it was. So I stood in front of the SKE area trying to decide, and if I was going for Tani or Masanya I had to do it in this slot, as they weren't *starred* for Slot 4. At the end of the day, I have more Tani tickets for the next SKE event, and the next AKB single. This could be my last chance to visit Oya, so...

Oya Masana (Lane 170) Not surprisingly, Masanya's queue got pretty big once they allowed oshimashi and open tickets in. So I checked in and waited. I didn't have much to say to her, I just wanted to see her at least one more time before she graduated. I mean there is always the possibility of a National event, but no guarantee of that either. Essentially I just continued the conversation we had less than two weeks ago, and told her a little more about the circumstances behind me moving to Tokyo. So that was cool, and then I said I hoped to see her again. You never know, right?

Slot 4

I decided to stay in halls 7-8 since I had another SKE ticket in the next slot. In the meantime I ran into a bunch of people I know, including @Jeff86 . So we passed the time catching up, and comparing tickets. He was seeing SKE members almost exclusively. Later I ran into a bunch of other overseas fans I know, including BigC, who was hanging out near the Sakura lane (no surprises there) and Pandadash. This was also the point where they started simulcasting the NicoNico broadcast of the Janken preliminaries, which pretty much took the next 2-3 slots.

I should also note that I had virtually no trouble with my tickets, which were the last of my tickets to have my name in Katakana. It makes me wonder if I really should have changed them after all. Anyway...

Matsumura Kaori (Lane 174) It was pretty much a quick 'hit and go' with Kaotan today. I spent more time trying to hide from Tani in the next lane, since I didn't have tickets for her. (I also didn't have any Bibian tickets, and she looked really cute with her black and yellow outfit) Anyway, I just told Kaotan about my graduation, and she confirmed I was transferring to another school, and then she asked me a couple other questions I didn't understand. I just nodded affirmatively, LOL.

Akiyoshi Yuka (Lane 40) <two tickets> Back over to the other hall to see Yukachan, it turned out this would be out 'English Slot'. Again, she asked me in English what I planned on eating for lunch, so I told her I already had a Subway Sub. "An Ebi sub, and fried potatoes", I added. I immediately looped the line since I wanted to get out of the venue and take a break. I wanted to ask her something in English to see how she responded. I was struggling for a good question, and then blurted out something stupid. "Yukachan, I have a question. Can you tell me where Spider Tower is located?" Now the problem wasn't that she didn't understand me. The issue was that she had never heard of Spider Tower. LOL. I thought that it was like a well-known building. Anyway, she told me in japanese that she didn't know where it was, so I told her it was in Nagoya. Anyway, we both laughed. But I need to come up with better questions for her to answer in English.

And with that, I took a break.

I had three tickets left. Two in Slot 5, and one in Slot 6. But then I realized that the member I had the Slot 6 ticket for had a starred lane in Slot 5. Well, I can just jam all of these tickets out in one slot, since none of them would have long lines, and then I could get out of there early. So that was the plan.

Slot 5

Fuchigami Mai (Lane 37) For some reason I just wasn't in that talkative a mood today. I kept struggling with what to say or ask each member. So whan I got to Maichan I simply asked her about her janken unit, since the janken prelims were still playing on the screens. In fact, Yukachan's group had just come on while I was standing there. Anyway, Maichan asked me to root for her duo with Haruppi, which I had forgotten about LOL. I told her I would, and I would see her later.

Sakaki Miyu [CUCA] (Lane 91) I forgot to mention that in Slot 3 when I was deciding who to use my open ticket on, Cuca-chan waved to me from her empty lane. I'm not sure whether she recognized me from our meeting in July, since most of the STU members were waving at pretty much anyone who was looking their way. But I knew I would be seeing Cuca a little later anyway. So I headed over, and Cuca actually had someone in her queue. Nice, I hate to think that she is sitting there twiddling her thumbs all day. But I waited for the lane to clear out before I jumped in. She watched and waved to me all the way from before check-in. As I got closer, she had a look of familiarity on her face, so I knew she remembered me from before. I congratulated her on her Janken Duo with Sato Kiara, and asked what the name of the unit was. Jeez, they have a really long name. I commented, "Wow, that's long!" (Maiorita Megami to Girigiri no Onna) Anyway, I told her a bought a bunch more tickets to see her for the next single, and she thanked me. Hopefully she will have a better draw.

Nakanishi Chiyori (Lane 108) This was actually a Slot 6 ticket, but since her lane was *starred* I could use it via oshimashi in Slot 5, which I did, and it saved me over an hour of waiting around. This was actually NOT the first time I have had an individual handshake ticket for Chori, as I got one for her around a year and a half ago. But I ended up blowing it off (along with a couple other tickets for Kaotan and Tanamin) since there was a special Wasamin cheki event that conflicted with my evening slots. I did get a chance to finally meet Chori at a Shoot Sign National event earlier this year, and she was really cool. So I looked forward to seeing her again. Anyway, it was really quick. I told her that I was rooting for her unit to win Janken since they had the best members, and then pointed to my Akiyoshi ticket holder. She laughed and said she would do her best to win, all the while being the usual fun and genki Chori that makes her a great handshake experience.

Actually, I am surprised Chori has stayed under the radar for me, because she is EXACTLY the type of handshake experience I really like. Perhaps it is because I spend so much time with SKE and HKT members at AKB single events, I kinda forget about the AKB members. It's actually another drawback of having all the groups at AKB single events, it takes away from giving the AKB members, especially those that aren't in Senbatsu, a chance to be the center of attention. Oh well.

And with that, I was done and it was barely past 3:30. 10 tickets in 3 1/2 hours, not bad. I found some friends who were also leaving, so we all went back to Tokyo together. And now there is a bit of a lull between handshake events for me. New AKB single events don't begin until October, and the next SKE and HKT events aren't until late-November. I'm not sure if I will apply for the Janken, or Masanya graduation since they are the same weekend as Wasamin's next big concert. Hopefully some national events will pop up that I can go to.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    'Let's Go Kenkyuusei' 16th Gen Stage Live, Yamane Suzuha Birthday Show (2017/08/17)

suzu1.jpg

There are some who say that who you list as your oshimen on the AKB48 Ticket Center actually matters, and that it improves your chances of winning your oshimen's birthday show, or any show that they are performing in. There are others that say that is a bunch of hogwash, and that it is purely by chance. But it should be noted that four months ago I changed my AKB48 Oshimen on my account to Zunchan, and lo and behold, not only have I won a lot of 16th gen shows, but I also won her seitensei performance. So I am a firm believer that who you list on your ticket center account actually does matter, and not only from this experience, but I have other firsthand experiences that tell me the same thing. Anyway, I won my "AKB48 Oshi's" birthday show via ippan. What could be cooler than that? Except...

I actually already had plans for Thursday night. Another idol I am a big fan of, Yuki Himeri, was performing a free live in Yoyogi on Thursday night. Himeri used to be in Alice Project. After graduating she joined a group called No Plan, but is graduating from that group this weekend. I am definitely going to the graduation performance, but I also wanted to see this show since it featured another idol I saw for the first time recently and have developed a little crush on, Kurosaki Reon, who is an anime singer an gravure idol.

suzu12.jpg
    Reon-chan

I think she is really cute, and am amazed by the fact that she is in her LATE 20's!!! Anyway...

I was off to Akihabara, which was good since my computer mouse crapped out the day before, and I needed to pick up a new one. So after my quick trip to Yodobashi Camera, I made my way to The Hub for a quick pre-show cocktail. As I was walking near Akihabara Station I noticed someone really familar standing by the taxi area on his cellphone. I couldn't be sure, and I didn't want to bother him, but I was almost positive it was Sasou-san, who is one of Wasamin's assistants. My suspicions were correct when I saw what Wasamin was up to on Thursday afternoon.

suzu9.jpg suzu10.jpg

So Wasamin and I crossed paths, sorta. I guess she was at the theater to give Jiina tips on singing Saba Kaido. I'll have to talk to her about this when I see her next week. So back to the show. This is my 36th Theater win, 34 in Tokyo and 2 in Nagoya. I finally got up to the theater around 25 minutes before the check-in deadline, found a locker to store my stuff, and went to purchase my ticket. I got ticket #101. Cool, that means when my group gets called I will be the 2nd one in. Hopefully we will get called in early. After chatting with a couple of fans who wanted to know who my oshimen was, as well as seeing another Wasa-fan who also won the show, I went to line up. I tried to get some photos of Zunchan's birthday flowers, but there were too many people crowded in the lobby at the moment. The lottery finally started, the first group to get called in was #110-119. Damn!! I should have waited a little longer to show up. Second, #120-129. Group after group was called, and my hope for getting a seat, or a good vantage point sank lower and lower. After eighteen groups had been called, I was in the final five groups (40-49, 80-89, 90-99, 100-109, 151-159) Finally we heard our number. After going through the metal detector, and quickly gathering my stuff, I looked to see where I could possible stand...

suzu8.jpg
    My ticket, and the button we received in our seitensei goodie bag

As I walked in they announced there was one seat left, but before I could grab it another fan ran past me and took it from me, drats! I considered standing in the center, which was only two people deep, but then I saw the upper rail was practically empty. This was perfect!!! For those of you who have never been inside the theater, just to the right of the tech booth there is an elevated standing area, which allows you to see over the heads of anyone below. So while it is in the back of the theater, it pretty much gives you, aside from the right pillar, an unobstructed view of the stage. So as bad as my draw-in was, I still got a relatively great spot. Satisfied with my ultimate luck, I got ready for the show...

suzu6.jpg suzu7.jpg
    Birthday show instructions, front and back

One of the discussions we recently had in the thread for this stage on the forum, and in chat, is whether or not this is a good setlist, and suitable for the 16th gen kenkyuusei. Some say it is a bit too heavy on B-sides, and obscure theater selections. Personally, I think that is what makes the setlist great. In fact, I contend that these theater songs are some of the most beloved of theater fans back in the day, and it is great to see them getting revived. The one issue I had was that the first time I saw this stage, which was the second ever performance, I didn't think the girls were well-practiced enough, and at times the performance was lackluster and disorganized, especially in the beginning. After watching this performance, I still say the members need more practice, although this time the problem that stuck out to me was bad lip-synching. In fact at times it seemed as if some of the members weren't even sure of the lyrics. LOL.

suzu0.jpg

Since it was Zunchan's birthday, the opening MC was all about her. However, there was a point in the MC where everyone congratulated Umemoto Izumi for finally getting a chance to perform. She became very emotional, but unfortunately she was standing in the exact spot that the pillar blocked me from seeing, so I pretty much missed it.

As for the standout members, I cannot overstate how much I think Zukki is a total pro who is totally ready for promotion. Normally she looks very young, and skinny, but she transforms during Migiashi Evidence, and absolutely owns the performance. I had also mentioned before that there was a member who stood out to me last show who I really liked, but I didn't remember who she was. I may be mistaken, but I am fairly certain it was Kurosu Haruka. There's just something about her presence that I like. I will also say that Yasuda Kana continues to impress me with her performance intensity, and that I am starting to like Asai Nanami.

suzu4.jpg suzu5.jpg
    Zunchan birthday uchiwa, which we all waved after the last song

But this show was all about Zunchan, so like many others there, I paid a lot of attention to her throughout the show. I am amazed by her overall stage presence for so many reasons. First of all, that adorable face and smile just melt my heart. The one big thing I notice about her is she is always emoting. Always! There is never a point where she isn't expressing herself with her face. Whether it be a smile, a silly face, a gesture. She never loses it. The other thing is that she ALWAYS looks like she is having the time of her life up there. She has tremendous positive energy. I just think it is hard to watch her perform and not smile. This was her seitensei, so she was in very high spirits anyway. But she is always like that. It just confirms to me why this girl is quickly rising to be among my favorite 48-group members.

Since I was fairly far back, I didn't get much facetime with the members, that was until the end. At the last MC Ayamin noticed me in the back and was trying to get me to wave at her. I noticed her glancing at me a few times again right before high touch. She gave me an elevated greeting during high touch as well. Also, Orin gave me an English "Hello!" as did Zunchan who is becoming more familiar with me, especially since I have done handshakes with her at events.

suzu3.jpg

I forgot to mention, before high touch, they showed the SHOWROOM Senbatsu Music Video while staff got everything set up. All in all, it is a very cute music video, and a great showcase for Nakai Rika But Zunchan's lack of screentime was noticeable, especially at her birthday show. You could tell that fans were waiting to cheer for her when she was on screen, but she is barely in the video, and usually just for a split second. Ultimately, I like the MV, but the song is just okay. Anyway, as I exited the theater, I had my chance to get a better photo of the birthday flowers, and then I headed out for a late dinner, and ultimately back home.

suzu00.jpg

Next week I am very excited because Wasamin will be holding events all week to support the release of her 'new' Memorial version of Saba Kaido. It has really been a while since I have had a chance to properly talk to her. So I am really looking forward to it. If any of you are in town, she will be at Tower Ikebukuro on Tuesday, and Tower Shibuya on Wednesday. So come on out!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jeff86

Jeff86 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Twitter:
    Jeff86500
    New AKB48-Group 48th Single Negaigoto no Mochigusare Individual Handshake Meeting at Makuhari Messe (2017/08/11 and 2017/08/12)
    (yep I totally stole Cristafari's title lol)

I went to the AKB individual HS in August 11th and 12th and found the courage today to write a report. I've seen almost exclusively SKE members so it will be pretty one-sided lol.
    This event was very fun for me cause I went with a bunch of french fans so I didn't have any waiting time by myself lol, even met Cristafari who was going to see Kaotan and trying to hide from Tani.

The prelim for the janken tournament was also going on during the event so it was something to watch in the lanes. Was kinda difficult to follow though with so many groups and I actually had to ask some members if they won or not lol.

I had a hundred tickets for two days (SSK single lol) and I saw a lot of members in many slots so I'm not going to do the usual report by slots but will talk about each girl separately all slots included. I didn't get any tickets for slot 1 and 8 cause you feel like dying at the end of the day.

This was a SSK single event so all the members had the same amount of slots, named A or B (A being 1h30 long and B is 1h). It means that the schedule is a bit of a mess as you have to keep in mind if the member you're going to see has a A or B slot but it also means less popular members have multiple slots a day when they usually just have one.

I actually used all my tickets without missing one so I was really happy compared to December when I burned a lot of tickets. Every member I've seen previously recognized me too so that's great!

SKE48 :

Fukushi Nao :
    Began the event with my oshi and as I wrote earlier, I saw her multiple times during the 2 days as she had multiple slots. I'm at a point with her where she remembers me from previous events and Twitter so we can get right through what I want to say.
    As usual we have pretty normal conversations, she's not the fisher type or anything so I'm very relaxed when I talk to her, talking about whatever, not very interesting for you all lol. I had a lot of tickets with her so we talked about my trip, the Tokyo Idol Festival, SSK, janken (her unit made it in), 8th gen, future of TeamE...
    I beat her at janken too so we agreed it's a good thing she wasn't the one playing for her unit in the prelim lol.

Tani Marika :
    Tani... she always makes me feel guilty for oshihening from her whenever I go see her at an event as our interactions are always the best. From all the members I go see, I can feel she's the happiest to see me and we get into our flow instantly.
    She was extremely "skinshipy" during both days and kept touching my arms, even had to flex a little lol. Can't really remember anything we talked about as she's always doing her own thing so you don't need to prepare anything to say to her and just have to enjoy the crazyness. I used two extra tickets I usually keep to see new members on her as I was having such a good time.

Goto Rara :
    Always a relaxed time talking to Rara cause I can just talk in english and she's very talkative so not much preparation needed to go see her. We talked mainly about her janken unit with Sugawara Maya and she actually told me what she was going to play paper and she really did (and lost lol).
    When I went to see her with a friend, we realized she had "mignonne" writen on her T-shirt which means "cute" in french so we told her. She got confused cause it sounds like "minions" (the characters) and was saying it to Maya who was in the next lane. She probably told everyone in SKE by now lol.

Sugiyama Aika :
    She was looking really cute in her yukata and gave me a great reaction as usual and recognizing me. I told her she was my favorite in TeamS and she asked me who was my oshimen lol. I don't always have much to say to her but I always leave her booth with a smile.

Furuhata Nao :
    It was fisher Nao this time, pulling my arms and killing me with her eyes. She was nervous about her janken prelim and told me she didn't want to be the one playing for her unit but she did and won lol. Congratulated her on her SSK rank and as always, said I wanted her to be the center of SKE.

Asai Yuka :
    Cute conversation with her, she's an adorable kid lol. Could see her family link with Yuria as she did a few cute fails with her attempt at french lol.

Ida Reona :
    Best use of a ticket I think lol. Wasn't supposed to see her but I used a "same-day ticket" to tell her she looked great with short hair and she gave me her best smile in response!

Shirai Kotono :
    I see her at every event after I saw her from a next lane at a national HS. She really works at hard in HS and gives great reactions. We talked about her Showroom but I went mainly to see her.

8th gen:
    The main goal of this event for me as it was my first time meeting them and I really love this gen. I met pretty much everyone as I wanted to see how everyone was in HS. Plus, some of them have been selling a good number of slots so I wanted to see them in action.

I got just one or two tickets to see Inoue Ruka, Nakamura Izumi, Fukai Negai, Sakamoto Marin and Kurashima Ami so I'm grouping them together. Overvall a good "first time meet" where I did the usual foreigner shtick. They all looked good and gave good reactions so I'm satisfied. You could hear loud "Yattane!!" from Marin's booth as it's her catchphrase and lots of fan ask her to say it lol.

Morihira Riko :

I've been following her since the auditions on Showroom and she was one of my favorites. She's not that high in my ranking now but still my favorite to watch on Showroom as she has a fun relationship with her fans who like to tease her and she reacts to it very cutely.
    I was a bit hesitant considering I had quite a bit of tickets with her and not much to say but it was actually a breeze. Didn't talk about anything in particular, she was just trying to fish me and being cute lol. Overall a great first impression and I expect her to get a good reputation for her handshake.

Okada Miku :
    Followed her from the auditions too and I saw as she quickly developped a relationship with her fans. Despite not being one of the obvious aces of 8th gen, she has sold out her slots for like 2singles now so I was curious about her HS.
    I was expecting her to be a fisher considering the amound of slots she sells but she's actually just like in SR : calm, soothing and reacts greatly to praises lol.
    Had quite a lot of things to say to her so it went very fast and was happy meeting her.

Kitagawa Yoshino :
    One of my favorite 8th gen and she didn't disappoint in HS. She's just like I imagined her to be : a lot of energy, very cute and earnest. She's giving the full kami taiou treatment and gives you all her attention and you feel like she's really giving it her all for the full 7-8s and more as she's not giving you back your hand easily lol.
    When you finally leave the booth, she does one of her different poses from her introduction catchphrase such as a wink, peace, etc. I assure you, you'll always leave the booth with a huge smile on your face!
    The girls continues to impress me with her high professionalism and being extremely good in every aspect of an idol, she's the perfect package!

Boku no Kaho VS Yukina, THE FIGHT !
    Kaho and Yukina, two of my favorites and the oldest of their gen (20 and 22), I

know I was in for some master fishing. Being my favorites and the biggest slot

sellers with Miku, I was using this event to see if the ranking was going to

change and damn, they brought out the big guns to win me over so it felt like

some kind of competition to me lol.

Yahagi Yukina :
    The former ghost member of the 8th gen, it was time to see if she was worth the hype and the slots she was selling. Quick answer : HELL YEAH!! First time I went to see her, I was talking with a female fan who was going to see her for the first time too, seeing her face after meeting her was pricelless lol, Yukina killed that poor girl!

So, she was wearing a long white shirt which made the fans waiting for her to go "wooooh" and she looked amazing! Then she was waiting with both hands looking up and I understood she was doing my favorite HS "position" (this feels wrong somehow) that practically no one does anymore.
    What I said was probably not very interesting as the only thing I could think of was "holy shit!!" when talking to her. I know how she's selling her slots.

Sato Kaho :
    My favorite 8th gen and damn she kept her first place after this event even after Yukina; never been fished like that by any member before.
    Girl was wearing a police officer uniform for our first meeting! With handcuffs! She really grasps your hand, pulls you REALLY close and doesn't let go before she kills you with her smile (took 0.1 second for me).
    Not much to say, she just killed me instantly and killed the game lol.

And then the killing move as I went to see her at the end of the second day to say goodbye. Met a friend who just went to see her and he said to me "dude she's leaning forward like crazy and you can totally see her bra!". With that information in my mind, I went to see her. All I could think about was "DO NOT LOOK AT HER BRA! YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!!". Well... that didn't work out...

Lesson of the event : members who enter the 48G at 18+ are very dangerous.

AKB48 :
    I did go see some AKB members too lol!

Yamauchi Mizuki :
    My favorite 16th gen, I really wanted to see them so I used a same-day ticket. I was really (happily) surprised to see the lane for her. It wasn't much at first but when it was time to use same day tickets and 3+ ticket, her lane get packed full! the applications for this event being months old, I guess she's gaining new fans quickly and the girl deserves it!
    I was going to see her to praise her for her Migiashi Evidence perf who's just amazing in the new 16th gen stage as Cristafari said in a previous report.
    I love her smile and she really got animated and excited when I went to see her so she's got good points for that too in addition to being a great performer. will definitely go see her again.

Goto Moe :

Had to congratulate her on her SSK rank asI know how much efforts she made since her debut and I've followed her for a while now. She was great as usual, get go wrong with Moekyun!

Ichikawa Manami :
    My embarassing moment of the event lol. I'm pretty sure I saw her janken unit lose the prelim so I went to see her to say I was sad they lost but turned out they actually made it in by winning another match. Yep...embarassing lol!

Shimada Haruka :

Funniest moment of the event for me. I was going to see her to congratulate her on her graduation and her drama but things didn't turn out as I thought.
    The instant she took my hand :
    S : You like wrestling right?
    Me : Ee~ why do you say that?
    S : You look like you like wrestling
    Me : Well yeah I do, can you tell?
    S : lol
    Me : Good luck for the Climax event

And that was the end of the handshake... What's really funny is, Yuihan actually said that to me before so that's twice a member says that to me, plus one guy in a japanese matome thread lol

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. El WIlly

El WIlly Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    furuhatanao
    Twitter:
    3lWilly
    NewAKB48-Group 48th Single Negaigoto no Mochigusare Individual Handshake Meeting at Makuhari Messe (2017/08/11 and 2017/08/12)

I was there for that event as well, we were at least a dozen foreign fans, if not more. I spent most of the time between slots talking with them or watching the janken.

I had hundreds of tickets, thanks to the voting tickets for the sousenkyo that I could resell (don't tell my oshi, she thinks I used everything on her) to lower the bill. It was my first time to go for the pre-sousenkyo single, so I had more than twice as many tickets as I ever had before. I only had SKE and Team 8 members to see. It was more or less my 1st time to see Team 8 members, while the SKE members all know me, so it was very different.

I managed to use all my tickets as planned, but I had to use some gaijin power for that a few times on slots when I had too many members. Basically, if you want to use more than 3 tickets at once, you have to wait until 30 minutes after the slot starts. You just go in at 29:30 when it's empty and everyone is waiting outside of the lane, pretend you don't know and can't understand Japanese well, then they'll realize it's already 30:00 and they'll let you in, you look behind you and now there's 15 people behind you with many tickets :p. Don't abuse of this, but it can save you.

Team 8 :

I met Yuiyui, Yamada and Okabe no Rin-chan in Hong Kong in April, otherwise I had never even seen any of these girls. So I spent a lot of time watching the girls in the other lanes, to see who looked more or less pretty in real than on TV. But the 3 girls I was seeing were in the popular girls slots/lanes, so all the girls around were gorgeous.

Chou Kurena

For some reason I always think that she’s really tiny, but she’s actually very tall. And she’s just super cute. Not very talkative, but she’s just so pretty… It’s kind of the same experience as Yunana. Anyway, I told her I love it when she sings and plays guitar on Showroom, I talked about her neoki dokkiri on Anta Roke, which got me the usual surprised reaction I get from most girls when they don’t expect a foreigner watches these shows, and I asked for recommendations of things to see in Fukui, she told me to go see the dinosaur museum. I will !

Okabe Rin

She’s my 2nd favorite girl outside of SKE, I love her looks, her voice, her shyness, and just about everything about her. I saw her in Hong Kong at the end of April, but it was pretty quick, so this was my first chance to have a longer conversation with her.

She recognized me, but when I asked her where we met, she couldn’t tell. “Come on, it was abroad !” “Ah ! Hong Kong, right ?”. Yeah, it was either that or Taiwan, so pretty easy :p.

The first day, we talked about the Team 8 concert on August 8th, I’m really waiting to see her on Kareha no Station (with Oda Erina), but I said I wanted her to do Yuuwaku no Garter to see her in that costume, which got me a shy reaction that was so cute, so I pushed a bit and talked about when she had to wear the costume for Ambulance on AKBINGO, which got her even more shy, and I was completely melting. I did a monomane of the way she speaks on her Showroom “Ne, ano ne, kyou wa ne, atashi sa”, she basically puts a “ne” every few words, and when she doesn’t she puts a “sa” instead. More shy reaction, more melting. She was surprised that I’m watching her Showroom, so I told her exactly what she was wearing and how her hair were done last time she broadcasted, to show her I’m a true fan :p.

I called her oujo (princess) every time I met her, because she said the week before on Showroom that she would like people to call her like that. But she kind of didn’t notice, I guess I was just the 50th fan to call her like that since she said it...

The second day I listened to her radio show from 2 days before while I was on the train to Makuhari Messe, and it gave me a few topics. I did a tongue twister that she did on the show, and succeeded, so she tried again ... and failed again :p. She had talked about Hayasaka46, which will be a unit produced and centered by Tsucchan and Rin will be the leader. So I told Rin-chan I’m really waiting for it, because they are my 2 favorite girls in AKB, and we talked a bit about the members they already have.

On the radio show she played Memory Seishun no Hikari, 4th single from Morning Musume, saying her mother was a big fan and has been listening to old MoMusu songs a lot at home recently. And this one was Rin-chan’s favorite song. I told her I love that song, and I sing it often at the karaoke. I was planning to ask her to sing the first verse with me, but she actually started singing the first two words, looking at me like she wanted me to join, which I obviously did, and we spent 15 seconds singing it together, eyes locked, it was pure magic. When we finished, we kept staring at each other for like five seconds, without a word, which I’ve only ever done with Nao (and now I’m kind of feeling like I cheated on her :p). This was one of my most memorable moments in a handshake ever.

Hayasaka Tsumugi

She’s my favorite girl outside of SKE, and the only girl I rank with a single digit that I had never met. But I had very high expecations. She may seem cold on Akbingo, but if you see her on Team 8 shows and stages, or on her Showroom, you know she’s definitely not, and she’ll be great with her fans. She’s been trying for a while to tell people on Showroom to come see her, she’s very different from the image she gives on Akbingo, even other members like Rin-chan have said so, to try to help.

Just as a joke, I first went with 2 tickets and only spoke in English, to see how she reacts to that. She really tried to understand and answer. After that I went again and spoke in Japanese. Since it was the first time to meet her, I wanted to make sure she knows I’m really a fan, and I didn’t just pick a lane at random (I’ve heard a few times that some girls suspect foreigners of doing that), so I talked to her about some shows from a year and a half ago where I first noticed her, she was really pleased that I watched these and can still remember what she did or said.

Then I had to say I’m thankful to Muramoto for always interacting with her on Akbingo, like recently with her cute pictures, or the message from her father. Her face was like “Yeah I know and I kind of appreciate it, but I’m still mad at him”. So we switched to Top Lead, who are really her favorite MCs. During the conversation I said I saw them a few times at Anta Dare recordings, and they asked me where I’m from and I said France.

When I came back in the afternoon I started talking to her about her Showrooms, she asked if I watch often, I said every time, even when she is on other member’s Showrooms, like with Okada Nana, or when it’s just her voice on Rin-chan’s (they are always in the same hotel room, and Rin-chan can broadcast until midnight rather than 8pm). Then I told her she probably knows my name. Right away she said “You’re Willy-chan, right ?”. It made my day ^^. Actually, when I said earlier I was from France, she was already wondering if I was the same person as that French guy that is always on her Showroom.

The next day she was in dansou cosplay, I said she looks cool and I want to become an ikemen like her, she looked at me puzzled and replied “But, you’re already an ikemen !” Made my day again ! I talked to her about the Kamikyoku Shibari stage, which is probably the best AKB stage I’ve ever seen (almost as good as an SKE one), and I congratulated her on being selected. She has no idea how she got in (tbh me neither), as all other members are top performers, but she’s of course really happy to be with her favorite senpai Okada Nana, and Moekyun (she calls her Moekyun-san, that sounds so weird) who is the girl that made her want to try the audition. I had to pretend that I like Okada Nana and her performance on stage... I told her she should pay attention to the 48 group’s best performer Furuhata Nao and learn from her :p. And I congratulated her for being center on Oogoe Diamond.

Then in the afternoon we talked about Hayasaka46, and I wrapped with my impressions for this first time to meet her. She’s taller than I thought (she said 1m63, her profile was outdated), usually what I really notice on Showroom is her big eyes (she said everyone tells her that) and her mouth shape (this one seemed more unusual, from the surprised smile and thanks she gave me), but face to face it was really her teeth that I still cannot forget, aligned in perfect shape and with a beautiful color, as she always had a huge smile. And I’ll recommend to everyone to go see her. She told me to come back soon and keep watching her Showroom in the meantime. I will !

SKE48 part 1, the 7D2 :

There are a bunch of girls that I try to go see every time with a couple tickets, once or twice. I couldn't see all of them because of the way the slots worked for this event. I had to give up on a lot of girls like Churi, Minarun, Kuma-chan, Sana, Ego-chan, who were all on the slots that were already very crowded for me. So I had tickets for my favorite girls in 7D2 gen only.

Sugawara Maya

The goal with her it to get a weird face reaction. I got a really good one when I talked about her janken unit and called Yunana a uragirimono (traitor). Mission accomplished ! She looked half shocked, half laughing, that I used this word. I don't know, it may be a very strong word in Japanese, I have no idea.

Mizuno Airi

I asked her what kind of song she wants if she wins the janken (she was in the solo category), she said a cute song, so I asked if she want something like Warukii (she sang that at the SKE solo-con), and she said yeah, something just like that. She lost in the prelims the next day anyway...

Nojima Kano

I try to always go see her, because she’s so pretty, but I never have anything to tell her… This time the janken helped me, I wished her good luck and said I was disappointed she was the only one Jurina didn’t call live. She was kind of surprised I knew that, but as usual it was a very forgettable experience, and I'll still go see her again next time ^^.

Shirai Kotono

As for Kano-chan I never really know what to talk about. But since she had just won the janken prelims (one of the 2 girls out of 18 who made it in the solo category), I congratulated and said she’ll definitely have a costume with pandas at the main event, she smiled and didn’t deny it. She wants a cute song, which isn't really a surprise.

Goto Rara

I told her I wanted to see Mayura (Maya/Yunana/Rara) at the janken, but since Yunana betrayed them so she was only with Maya, I’ll support them rather than Yunana. I switched to Japanese to call Yunana a traitor (uragirimono), since it worked with Maya, and it got me a good laugh from her.

On Saturday she was wearing a T-shirt with “mignonne” written on it, which means cute in French, she had no idea. I was a bit surprised that a girl who can speak english would not try to find out what is written on her clothes. On my side I was still wearing a T-shirt with Yunana's face. Didn't feel I needed to change it, as every time I talk to Rara, I end up talking about Yunana, so she thought I was probably a Yunana oshi already. But she asked, to confirm, and I told her Yunana is only my number 2. Sorry to disappoint :p.

SKE48 part 2, the fishers :

As I had a bit more time than I expected on some of my crowded slots, and I couldn't go see the aforementioned girls who were mostly fully booked, I decided to go see the 3 fishers, and compare my impressions with Jeff.

Sato Kaho

I used a couple tickets for Nao to go see her, she remembered me even though I only saw her a couple times in a national handshake in January. I didn’t really have anything to tell her, but I just wanted to see her police officer cosplay. So I just asked her to handcuff me, which she kind of pretended. On the next day she was wearing a dress that was so open that she basically shoved her bra in front of my eyes, as she was leaning forward as far as she could. I tried my best not to peek, but I failed miserably... I have no idea what we talked about, my mind was somewhere else.

Yahagi Yukina

I saw her from another lane, she was wearing a guy’s shirt that was covering her mini-short. Pretty easy to get your imagination running wild… The girl really knows what she is doing. It’s hard to say who is the biggest fisher, between her and Sato Kaho, but they are very different. When Sato Kaho fishes you, it seems completely natural, that’s just the way she is. But with Yukina, it looks completely calculated. She knows exactly what she is doing and how to turn you on, you can see it in her eyes. That’s actually pretty exciting.

On Friday I told her I saw her when she was giving magazines to the fans at an event in May, and she tried to imprint pheromones on mine by rubbing her arms on it. She remembered :p. I have no idea what we talked about on Saturday, I just know she wouldn’t let me go when the staff pushed me away.

Tani Marika

I just went with 1 ticket, I was expecting the usual Tani nonsense, she didn’t disappoint. I had a V neck T-shirt with all the buttons open, she pointed at my chest hair shouting “Sexy ! Sexy !”, so I pulled the shirt to show her more, got a “Woah”, a high five, and that was it :p

SKE48 part 3, the oshis :

4. Nomura Miyo

She’s my favorite girl in 8th gen, and already in my Kami7, I saw her quickly in January at a national HS and May for 2-shots, so I know she is great at interactions, and starting the day with her was a good way to relieve some of the stress that had been building up. I asked her if she remembers me, “Yeah ! Willy-chan !”. I could already tell this was going to be a great day !

We talked about her showroom, which is my favourite to watch (true fact), she always interacts with the fans with games, votes, etc. She appeared in her sister’s graduation stage the day before, so that was an obvious topic as well. I also saw her on the backstage documentary of the Igai ni Mango stage, where she had a talk with Churi, I told her I was glad she was in Churi’s team, because Makiko was a bit scary with the 8th gens. She knew exactly what I meant :p. I asked her in which team she want to be promoted, she said any is fine. I guess that after seeing her sister not being promoted for 2 years, it makes sense. But I told her I want to see her in KII, not only because it’s my favorite team, but because Churi is the kindest captain, her oshi Nao is in that team (I told her we share the same oshi), and she’s been friends with Airi since the second draft. I could tell from her eyes that she really wants to be in KII. I asked her if she had the chance to talk with Nao (last time she talked about it on showroom she still hadn’t), and yeah, she did ! Nao talked to her a couple weeks ago, which is surprising because she’s really shy, and doesn’t talk much to her kouhais. We also talked about Ryouha and Rion, which are her 2 other favorite senpais, she went to see Rion’s stage a few days earlier, and she had a photoshoot with Ryouha in July.

I had tickets to see her on 4 of her slots, but I ended up using my tickets for Futamura Haruka, and some tickets for other girls, including Nao (please don’t tell her) so that I could go see her on each of her 8 slots. She’s really easy to talk with. She’s not a fisher or anything, but she’s very talkative, she always has a huge smile on her face, she’s already one of my favorite girls to talk with.

On Friday she had a choker, and on Saturday a headband. These are my 2 favorite accessories for idols, which I told her. But when I asked her to show me her forehead, she shied away from it, as she always does when I ask it on showroom. But I will see it some day, I’m not giving up.

3. Kitagawa Ryouha

Ryouha can be all or nothing. I’ve seen her about everywhere on the spectrum from the worst shio-taiou to the best kami-taiou. She tends to get tired pretty quickly, so you should go see her in the morning. On both days she was great in the morning but not very responsive in the afternoon. I always forgive her because she’s the prettiest girl in the whole 48 group. Still, I was a bit disappointed because when I saw her in May, she was the best of all 15 girls I saw, and the afternoon slot I went to was one of these handshakes that I will never forget, so I was coming with pretty high expectations.

I had a hard time coming up with enough topics, you run out of them pretty quickly when you get a lot monosyllabic answers. I knew that it was a risk, so I had less tickets for her than for the other girls, but still. So I was reading her blog/twitter/instagram while in the lane, to find things to talk about. Overall there was nothing very interesting, it was mostly chit-chat, we talked about things she likes like clothes, croissants, Chikako, Sae, etc. But it doesn't really matter, I don't go see her with things I want to tell her, I go because I want to see her smile, her pouty lips, her sleepy face, just about anything I can get because sh'e just stupidly pretty. I think she enjoys talking to me, I'm pretty sure she knows she's not my oshi, but she also knows that I always come see her multiple times so she's thankful for that, and sometimes she will have prepared a sentence in English for me, because after seeing me in the morning she knows I'll be back in the afternoon.

During one of the times I went to see her on Saturday, I saw from the corner of my eye a girl coming to the table next to her, I turned my head, and there was Masana looking at me with a huge smile, she gave me a big “hisashiburi !”, and told Ryouha I was a fan of Anna (Ishida). Just, WTF ? Seriously, don’t tell a girl that I’m a fan of another one, you’re cockblocking me ! I talked with Masana only once before, in February this year, when she came to Hong Kong with 7 other members. She was next to An-chan and Yunana on the handshake table, so she saw me going to each of them like 7 times, and while I was talking to An-chan, she interrupted and asked why I was not coming to see her. So I had to make up an excuse, rather than telling her I don’t like her and I couldn’t wait for her to graduate, because I didn’t want to look bad in front of An-chan :p. Same thing happened with Matsumura Kaori before, the one girl I dislike the most in the whole 48 group, again in An-chan’s lane. I don’t know why they always interrupt me when I’m talking with the prettiest girls…

2. Obata Yuna

It’s always difficult to talk with her, you have to do the whole conversation because she tends to give one word answers.

For example :
    • You’ve been spending more time with your senpais since you’re in senbatsu, right ?
    • Yes !
    • … Ok, who did you get close with ?
    • Eeeee, I don’t know !
    • … And are you still close with Suzuran ? I haven’t seen pictures of you 2 in a while.
    • We’re still close !
    • Maybe it's because you’ve been busy recently, since you’re center, and with all the gravure.
    • I'm not that busy.
    • … And did you have the chance to talk with some girls in 8th gen ?
    • Yes !
    • Ok, like who ?
    • Hmmmm. Ruka !
    • … You talked when she did under a KII stage ?
    • Yes !
    So you have to put a lot of work to keep the conversation going, and her smile makes it difficult to concentrate... There were a lot of blanks, when I was just staring at her and couldn’t find my words.

Last time I saw her was just a few days before they announced Igai ni Mango, but I already knew she was going to be the next center, so I told her that, and asked why it’s not Igai ni Banana instead ! I told her I saw Tomochin’s concert last year in Hong Kong, she was her oshimen, but she told me she never had the chance to meet her. We talked about her janken unit, she said it’s Hana who called the 3 other girls to make it happen (I really thought it was a manager’s idea), so I asked her if they became friends, with Hana and Satopii, while shooting the PV for Maebure (one of the B-sides that was playing on the screens the whole day), as usual I got a “I guess so” and nothing more… Even when I asked her who she wanted behind her on Nagisa no Cherry rather than the 3 old hags she got during the Igai ni Mango stage, she just said “kawaii ko”...

There were a lot of other things, but mostly forgettable. It’s really tough. On the one hand I really want to see her, she’s my 2-oshi and the cutest thing I’ve ever seen, seeing her smile in front of you is amazing, but on the other hand it’s so hard to talk with her… I’ll probably reduce the number of tickets per slot next time, but I’ll still go see her at each slot just to be healed by her smile.

1. Furuhata Nao

The main event. And the most scary. I tend to lose all my Japanese when I’m in front of her. It’s like 10 minutes ago I’m talking to another girl like and I’m almost fluent, and then I’m in front of Nao and I can’t make a correct sentence… She’s the member who tries to put her fans the most at ease, she will pat your hands if you seem nervous, but I’m just too nervous in front of my oshi. I went to see her at each of her 8 slots. About 1/3 of my tickets were for her.

Obviously I had to start with the sousenkyo and congratulating her. I said now when people ask who is my oshi, I puff my chest out, take a deep voice and say “Furuhata Nao desu. Senbatsu desu.”, which got her giggling and laughing. I said when they called number 18, SKE48 Team KII, I thought it was over, then the name that came out was Matsumura Kaori, and I was like wtf, I completely forgot about her ! She burst into laughter, because she actually went through the exact same thoughts, she had forgotten about her and thought it was only Churi and Souda left.

Next slot I told her I was really hoping to see Okapaazu for her janken unit, and when they announced their Showroom, I knew before watching that they were going to announce that. She was like “Oh, you guessed ! Sugoi !” But everyone guessed, it was pretty obvious. I told her I really like Naana since the first time I saw her in 2011 as KKS on a Team B stage. Also I met Tomu-Tomu last year in Hong Kong and told her I love Okapaazu, she was surprised and asked me how I knew that, and I said it's because I’m a Nao-oshi. Nao thanked me for saying she’s my oshi, which got me a bit suspicious, as the way she said it could mean thanks for saying it even if it’s not true. She has a history of not believing me when I tell her she’s my oshi, even after everything I’ve told her in the past 3 years. This year in January she asked me if my oshi is Yunana… So I had to make sure I would leave the next day with no doubts in her mind. Anyway, I told her I saw the other 3 members in a Team K stage, but she was absent on that day. As usual she told me I really have to come see her at the theater. Yeah I wish, but the lottery is biased and only gives me NMB stages…

In the afternoon I talked to her about random stuff, like a T-shirt she was wearing a couple weeks earlier with “Neuf tous les jours” written on it, which means “New everyday” in French, or the horrible jeans she was wearing at the previous week’s handshakes. I also asked her if she was playing Pokemon Sun or Moon, and with what starter pokemon, because I want to do the same, but I didn’t understand the name she gave me. I praised her again for her performance at the SKE solo-con (it’s been a while) and asked if Yuasa went to show the tape to directors of musicals, as after seeing that, they’ll give her a main role in a play. Got me some giggling again, like most of the time when I praise her. I also said I’m glad she was there for Happy’s (Futamura Haruka’s) last stage, and I was still mad that she didn’t appear at Rion’s. She laughed when I said I'm mad, maybe the word I used was too strong.

Then I said I talked to a cute girl who is a Nao-oshi. “Wait, who ?”. She was trying to think of her girl fans, but I said no, actually it was a 8th gen member. “What ? What are you talking about ?”. “Well, there’s a 8th gen member who is a Nao-oshi, do you know who it is ?” “Hmmm, could it be Miyo-chan ?” “Correct !” Apparently she didn’t know for sure, but she was suspecting it. I said I really like Miyo, which got me a jealous face from Nao, so I said don’t worry, you know you’re my eternal oshi. She laughed as everytime I use that word, I'm not sure if she remembers I always use it, or if she just finds the word funny every time. I said I was happy that Miyo finally had the chance to talk with Nao recently. I saw Nao’s face get super excited, and she said with a huge smile “Yeah, I nanpaed her” “What ?” “Nanpa, I did nanpa !”. Nanpa is picking up a girl in a public place, so I’m not sure what this was about, but at least I was pretty happy to know that she enjoyed the interaction, there may be more to come.

The next day we talked about the Kamikyoku Shibari stage, I said it was my favorite AKB stage and almost as good as a SKE stage, but they cheated by stealing SKE’s best performer. She laughed, repeating “stealing”. And my favorite song in the stage was Kodoku na Hoshizora, she was just stunning. But I was a bit disappointed that she couldn’t sing during the units. “Of course I couldn’t, I was playing the sax !”. “I know, but you could have taken a small break to sing a verse, like Miyuu”. “But she was on the piano, that’s easier”. Ok, ok, I give up.

I asked her if she could rehearse with the other members or she had to do it mostly on her own because of being in Nagoya. She said mostly with the others, but sometimes they had to practice until 3am (!!!) because it was the only way to have them available together ! I asked if she grew closer to some members during this stage, or she only spoke with Naana, she was like “No, no, I spoke with many !”, but when I asked for names, she had troubles giving some :p. In the end she gave me the names of the girls in the 2 piano/sax/singing units : Miyuu, Oda Erina, Okada Nana. Makes sense.

I congratulated her for the janken, but I said I didn’t understand the system and thought they were out, so I was really disappointed, but then they “recovered” ! I used “kaifuku shita”, and she laughed while repeating “kaifuku”. It happens often with her and some other members that I talk a lot with, that I unknowingly use a word in a sense or context that sounds weird to them, and they repeat it while laughing. Apparently she didn’t know either and thought they were out too :p. I asked her if Aamin would go support them at the main event, she said it’s unlikely since it will be in Nagoya rather than Tokyo. I said I hope she’ll appear in the PV if they win, she approved.

In the last slot, I showed her my keyholder, which is her and her saxophone, and said something really gachikoi that I cannot write here but that got me a huge giggling (I tell her the exact same words each time around the end of my tickets, maybe she remembered). She asked if I was living in Tokyo. “What ? You saw me in Hong Kong last year, you think I went there specially for the event ?” “Ah, I guess not, so you live in Hong Kong ?” “Yeah of course, and if I was living in Tokyo, I would come see you every week, not just 3 times a year !”. Some more chit-chat, and then I thanked for the 2 days and said I’ll try to come back for Christmas, she thanked me for always coming, supporting her, and telling her many nice things.

And that was it for my week-end, I had saved her for last, of course.

Conclusion :

Best
    Handshake
    Ever

Especially thanks to Nao, Tsucchan, Miyo and Rin-chan

• Like Like x 1
  8. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    'Let's Go Kenkyuusei' AKB48 16th Gen Stage Live (2017/09/15)
    (I also did a Wasamin 2-shot event report from Saturday in the Iwasa Misaki thread, if anyone is interested.)

It had be almost a month since my last theater win. I was beginning to think my luck had run out on me, since lately mywin frequency had been like once every 2-3 weeks. Then again, I haven't been applying quite as much because my schedule limits me to certain days of the week. They also recently made a change to how the ticket center functions. Now, you get winning AND losing emails. To be honest, I am kinda bummed about this since to me it takes away from the excitement of seeing a ticket center email in my inbox. Now I just assume it is just another losing email. I have to open it to be proven otherwise. Anyway...

Thursday afternoon I checked my email, and saw that I had actually gotten cancel machi for Friday night's 16th Gen show. 16th Gen seems to be my lucky group, since 6 of my 8 wins or cancel machis this year have been for them. It probably helps that Zunchan is listed on the ticket center as my oshimen. I had a relatively low cancel machi number, #69. Given my recent experiences at the theater, I figured there was a good chance that would get into the show with that number, although it wasn't a sure thing. I was regularly checking the cancellation tally, hoping the number would climb fairly high. (If you weren't aware, if you get cancel machi for a show, you are given a link to see how many show winners have cancelled their reservation online. It can be a decent indicator of how high cancel machi may go) The pre-show cancellation was at 35, which is about average for 16th gen. When I got to the theater three minutes before cutoff, it had climbed to 37. A couple of minutes later staff began rattling off cancel machi numbers. Up to 40, then through to 50, he wasn't even really looking at his clicker. At this point I was reasonably certain I was getting in. Through the 50s, into the 60's. #69, I won!!! And, it wasn't one of those cancel machi wins where I have to wait for everyone else to go in before I get to grab a spot in the back. I was actually going to be in the seat lottery! Ultimately, the cancel machi went up into the 90's before it cut off.

IMG_5978.JPG

So the next question was, how good a spot would I get? I had ticket #226, which is actually the first person in line for #220-229 (220-225 are enpou tickets) I didn't even hear the first group called, which was #140-149, next was #100-109, then #220-229. Whaddya know!!! We got in third! and that made me the 21st person into the theater. Unfortunately, for some inexplicable reason I set off the metal detector. So I got sidetracked for a minute while security gave me a good pat-down. In the interim, two people behind me passed me up. But when I got in there were still seats in the front row, albeit on the left and right ends of the stage. I grabbed a seat three spots down from the left pillar.

First row, Score-a-rooni!!!

This was my 37th Theater win, 3rd time seeing the Let's Go Kenkyuusei stage, and the 4th time I have gotten a first row seat. (The other three were SDN48 Chen Qu Seitensei in 2010, Team K Waiting Stage in 2012, and 15th Gen KKS debut in 2013) It also dawned on me that this would be my first time watching 16th gen from the left side of the audience. So a different perspective, and also a chance to play "Who's gonna fish the foreigner???"

After being given "first row rules and instructions" by security (Don't raise your hands or lightsticks above your head, don't put your hands or feet past the guardrail) the show was about to start. Immediately I had Sato Minami and Zunchan right in front of me, and Zunchan gave me an immediate smile and wink. I knew Zunchan spends considerable time on the other side of the stage too, but she seems to gravitate from one end to the other, so no worries. Minami, on the other hand, is barely on this side of the stage, aside from the very beginning and very end. My other favorite 16th gen, Zukkii, didn't come near me at all, until the encore portion of the show. I did get a few new member impressions, but before that...

The Show Overall: This is my third time seeing this stage. And there was some discussion a couple months ago about whether or not it was good, or perhaps boring. Obviously seeing the show in person offers a different perception than watching DMM, and of course being in the front row does add another element of excitement. But after seeing "Let's Go Kenkyuusei" for a third time I still say it is a very enjoyable stage. That said, I think the Units might be the weakest part of the stage. The reason I say that has a lot to do with personal taste, but I believe Ai no Iro is kind of a throwaway song, and Wagamama, while cute, isn't really captivating. But that doesn't take away from the All-Star performance given by Zukki on Migiashi Evidence. It actually inspired me to seek out Fujita Nana's single, which I didn't purchase when it came out.

On the other hand, the highly energetic opening set really keeps the audience engaged, regardless of whether or not you are a fan of the sings individually. (Personally, I love Minnasan) The post unit set has two great audience participation songs in Runner and Zutto Zutto, and the set finishes with an audience favorite (Wasshoi) and a song that I have recently grown really fond of (Team Zaka) I still notice the lip synch issues here and there, particularly from Sato Minami. At the end of the day, I am still not bored with the stage overall, although honestly during the units I am pretty much just waiting to see Zukkii.

Member Impressions: At this point, the only member of 16th gen I have established any kind of personal connection with is Zunchan, and that is because I have met her at handshake events, and I am always paying attention to her during the show, chanting her name, etc. So I know she recognizes me, and gets that I am fond of her. However, there are other members I like too, particularly Zukkii. Unfortunately she spends very little time on this end of the stage, until the end of the show. So when she did finally make it over to my side I tried very hard to cheer for her directly.

I got to see a lot of Kurosu Haruka, and the more I watch her the more I like her. In a way she kinda reminds me of Fuchigami Mai. On the other hand, I am completely conflicted about Yasuda Kana. I think she has great energy and stage presence, but she often makes these weird facial expressions that drive me crazy.

The three members who at times focused on me in particular were Suzuki Kurumi, Taya Misaki, and Mutou Orin. Unfortunately none of them are really my type of idol. One of the reasons I was getting attention (aside from being an obvious foreigner) is that on certain songs I know the hand motions/gestures, and I try to follow along with them. This happens in particular on Zutto Zutto, Minnasan mo go Isshoni and Kudoku na Runner. These days fewer fans actually do that, as most of them simply wave their glowsticks.

Also, at the end of the show right before the "High Wave" I was sitting right in front of Zunchan, and Inagaki Kaori. Both of them spent that minute or so trying to engage me in English. LOL.

And that was the show. Since I was one of the first people out of the theater, and I had no backpack, I bailed down the escalator before the big rush. Once again, I am very happy to be winning any kind of theater show, and I love that I am regularly getting to see the Kenkyuusei. It will make me very sorry when these girls all get promoted. Maybe they will make them all one team, like Team 4. I would enjoy that. We'll see.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

Good to see that we have some 16 gen love here! But zero mentioning of Manaka? :(

11. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    ok so yesterday was my birthday and i was on my way from tokyo to kyoto when i opened the ticketcenter and noticed i had won a Team S performance for the next day sept 18, i swear i had the most stupid grin on my face for the whole train ride to kyoto then i started to get a little paranoid just being really careful not to die before the show lol so anyways today i got to nagoya at 9 am and had a couple of hours to spar before going to get the ticket and i decided to visit th nagoya castle wich was really cool but ended up being really tired and sweaty, then to sunshine city, got my ticket, crossed the street to the donki and get a penlighto and back to the teather, there was already a lot of people lining up in their respective slots, i got #69 lol and i went to store my bag at th back of the teather and line up, after a few minutes OUR LINE GOT CALLED FIRST WOOHOOO the walk from the lobby thru the hall with lines of people of each side made fell like that scane in armagedgon when they got back to earth like heroes lol but i was to good to be true when they scanned our tickets they also asked for my passport wich i have left on my bag, the guy immediatly called another staff to help me bring out my bag and get my passport and in the process people kept getting in, this took like two minutes but i manged to get a really good spot third row e right of the stage, i guess theres is not a bad seat in that teather but i was really close, then the show started oh man o man!
    i'm not really fond to this stage (forgot to say the stage for team s is kasaneta ashitato) because is just a bunch of songs thrown together but they are GREAT songs.
    i was so happy to see masanya before she leaves, she's so sexy and delicate, loved her.
    kamimura ayuka is a ball of goofines on stage and the other girls use her to bring in the lolz.
    kurashima ami is sooo tiny and energetic, she has very sharp moves and always smiles.
    nojima kano looked like she's been doing this for years and she was one of the stars for the show
    yamauchi suzuran has the most awesome expressions and sexy dance moves
    isshiki rena was my favorite of the show cause she kept looking at me (at least i think she was) and she is very calm and ladylike
    matsumoto chikako is a an amazing performer, so much stage prescence
    tsuzuki rika is just A BEAST onstage, you can't get better than that, dancing, power, feeling, expressions, sexyness, the whole package
    highlight for me was seeing nomura miyo as a backdancer, love her.
    so this was my first experience visiting a teather show

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    9/10, 2017 AKB 48th Single Negaigoto no Mochigusare Kobetsu HS Event @ Intex Osaka

Kojina Yui

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shiroma Miru

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yamamoto Sayaka

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Matsui Jurina

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yagura Fuuko

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki Solo Live Concert at Inzai City Bunka Hall, Chiba Prefecture (2017/09/23)

When this concert was announced back in late Spring/Early Summer, we weren’t sure if it another leg of Wasamin’s “Third Concert,” a “Fourth Concert,” or something else entirely. They didn’t give it any sort of title like that, nor did they call it an “Acoustic Live.” What we did know was that we had another solo concert on the schedule, which is a treat for any Wasamin fan.

wasa1.jpg

If you count the “Love Live,” this is Wasamin’s sixth solo concert in 2017. And we have two more “Love Live” shows coming up in a couple of months, which will make eight, and I’m not even counting all of the other major performances she has participated in. This show would be taking place in Chiba Prefecture, which is where Wasamin grew up. Specifically, it was in Inzai City, which is a bit of a trek from Tokyo, fairly close to Narita Airport. Although it isn’t too far from Wasamin’s hometown. For those of us in the fan club, we had the opportunity to apply early, which hopefully meant we would be getting good seats.

A couple of weeks before the show our tickets arrived via Yamato Transport. I got 6th Row Left, one seat off of the aisle. In the days leading up to the show, it was announced that they would have some of the same goods from Wasamin’s July concert, plus a couple of new items. A ticket holder, and a cap.

wasa15.jpg

I really like the cap. The ticket holder itself is kinda generic, but the strap, which Wasamin designed, is really cute. Anyway, the day of the show finally came, it was time to make the trip out to Inzai. It was about 50 minutes from Tokyo’s Nippori Station via the Joban Line, with a transfer to the Narita Line. I ran into a few other Wasafans on the train, and we walked together to the venue, which was about a kilometer away. We arrived around 40 minutes before doors opened, and hung around until it was time to buy goods. They also announced that there would be a post-show handshake event, and if you pre-ordered her 3rd concert DVD, yo would get multiple handshake tickets, and a cute little bag, with a Wasamin design on it. I decided that I would forego the bag, and save my money for the time being, instead opting for one handshake ticket via a CD purchase.

Anyhow, I made it to my seat a few minutes before the show. It wasn’t a bad spot, and it turned out nobody showed up for the aisle seat next to me, so I have a bit of maneuverability when it came to the photo-op portion of the show. I also had Wasamin’s family seated fairly close to me, so that was kind of a bonus. Anyhow, here is the show setlist…

wasa8.jpg

1. Hatsuzake
    2. Futarizake
    MC1: First time doing a solo concert in Chiba, which is her hometown.
    3. Flying Get (Enka Ver.)
    4. Heavy Rotation (Enka Ver.)
    5. Koisuru Fortune Cookie (Enka Ver.)
    MC2: Special Guest, Ikeda Megumi, radio presenter from TBS Fine. She works with Wasamin on her ‘Wabi Sabi’ radio show. 2nd Special Guest, Inzai City official mascot Inzai-kun.
    6. Wakasa no Yado
    7. Kita no Yado Kara
    MC3: Wasamin talks about the setlist having songs in “pairs” (“zake” “yado” etc.)
    8. Tsugaru Kaikyo Fuyugeshiki
    MC4: Ikeda Megumi talking about Wasamin’s history, with a cute little story about why Wasamin decided why she wanted to be a singer when she was a little girl. Also, beginning of the audience photo-op session
    9. Blue Light Yokohama
    10. Seto no Hanayome
    11. Ringo no Uta
    12. Shitamachi no Taiyou
    13. Ginza Kan Kan Musume
    MC5: End of photo shooting, Wasamin talks about her history with the song Seto no Hanayome. Guitar setup brought out by staff.
    14. Nada Sousou (Wasamin on guitar for songs 14-16)
    15. COSMOS
    16. Ito
    MC6: Ikeda Megumi hosts a Wasamin quiz where fans can win autographed goods. Also, goods corner, promoting what was for sale in the lobby.
    17. Tomonoura Bojou
    MC7: Wasamin discusses future events, including the special Mobame event she is hosting tomorrow
    18. Moshimo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara
    19. Gomen, ne Tokyo
    20. Saba Kaido
    End Main Show/Encore (Encore lasted about a minute, Wasamin came back out very quickly)
    EN1. Kawa no Nagare no You ni
    MC8: Wasamin promoting post-show handshake meeting in the lobby
    EN2. Mujineki

End Show

wasa10.jpg

Ultimately this show ended up being a lot like the July concerts, so I guess we will call it an extension of the Third Concert series. The setlist was similar, and the outfit she wore for the photo-op looked a lot like one of the outfits she wore in July. However, there were a couple of differences. Mainly the inclusion of Ikeda Megumi from TBS radio as the MC, and the guest appearance of Inzai-kun, the local city mascot. We didn’t get a chance to take a photo of Inzai-kun himself, but luckily Wasamin posted one (below). Megumi-chan was mainly there to cover for Wasamin while she did costume changes, but it was a lot of fun to see her. If you ever listen to old episodes of Wasamin’s radio show, Megumi-chan is the MC that comes on at the end.

inzai.jpg

Wasamin was in a bit of a feisty mood, verbally sparring with the fans a couple of times. When she was introducing the ‘AKB Enka Version Cover’ portion of the show, one fan up front sorta scoffed at the mention of AKB, and she snapped back “Mehh Janai! During one particular MC she was talking about being from Chiba, and one fan yelled out “Where in Chiba are your from?” She was like “Ummm, good question, where am I from? Uhhh, let’s move on…” Later on when she announced the last song of the main set, as a tradition we all scream out “EEEEHHHHHHHHHHH?” but this time she mimicked us. LOL. Finally, during Ringo no Uta and the ‘photo-op, roaming the audience’ part of the show, she took time to remark, mid-song mind you, that perhaps it wasn’t the best idea to pick “clapping songs” while everyone is snapping photos, LOL. She mentioned it again during Ginza Kan Kan Musume, which by the way is turning onto one of my favorite songs that she performs.

wasa12.jpg

The show attendance was a little bit disappointing. Inzai Bunka Hall seats around 500 people, and it was about 2/3 full. So it was a bit disconcerting to see the last 8 rows pretty much completely empty. Inzai is a bit far from Tokyo, so perhaps some people were discouraged by the long distance. Her next big concert in February is in a much bigger venue, so let’s hope she picks up some momentum and can fill the place. Anyhow, here are a few more shots I took of Wasamin at the show.

wasa9.jpg wasa7.jpg wasa6.jpg wasa3.jpg

After the show ended I took my time before lining up for the handshake. I knew a lot of people got tickets, and the line would be long. Eventually I queued up, wearing my cap, ticket holder, and of course my Wasamin Happi. When it was finally my turn, I thanked her and told her that I had a lot of fun. She said “Really? I am so glad to hear that! And you have the cap and holder!” I responded “Yes, aren’t I Ikemen???” Of course that got a laugh out of Wasamin and Ichikawa-san, who both emphatically exclaimed that I did indeed look Kakkoii with all of my Wasagear on. Before I was pushed out I told her that my friend Kenji had gotten some great pictures of her, and she should check them out. Which according to Kenji, she later did.

wasa11.jpg

And that was the show, Kenji and I made it back to Kioroshi Station in time for the 8:20 train, and celebrated with dinner at Torikizoku, which is a cool Yakitori Izakaya Chain.

Oh, and let’s not forget the flowers sent by the Fan Club…

wasa14.jpg

A few Wasamin events coming up…

This coming weekend and next month she has a couple of mini-live events scheduled. She is doing another dinner show in late October, this time in Tokyo. Her Autumn ‘Love Live’ in November will actually be two performances, and she will again be part of the Yamano Music Enka Festival this Fall. My application is in. I hope I win.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Today, I went to the unranked members' concert at Makuhari Messe. This was my first 48 group concert (and event in general), so I was a little unprepared - I didn't know the chanting mix for many songs and I didn't even have the time to buy a lightstick before the show... Anyways, I had an amazing time.

I got the ticket from a girl whose friend cancelled on her, so I ended up seating in NMB oshi seat area, despite not being that much into NMB (I like them, but I like SKE, AKB and HKT more, in that order). Basically, during the song where members walk among audience, it was mostly NMB members around our area. The SKE area was next to ours though so I ended up seeing a lot of SKE girls, although they were paying their attntion mostly to the SKE oshi side.

As I was possibly the only white girl at the concert, members noticed me A LOT. At one point, Matsumura Megumi and Morita Ayaka passed by. Megumi spotted me and nudged Ayaka and pointed at me. Then, they both ended up waving at me for a long time. Another NMB girl, whose name I can't remember right now, said "thank you" to me in English. My eyes also met with several's members. Generally, they acknowledged me more than most fans around me, so I had a great time. I decided to enjoy the moment rather than take photos or videos like most people.

At the end of the concert, girls were standing behind the table so you could walk by and wave to them. You could choose which group you wanted to walk by regardless of your ticket type, so I chose SKE. It was so amazing, my hands are still shaking as I'm writing this. Again, I felt like I was getting a little more special treatment compared to the majority (aka Japanese guys). Some girls were saying "thank you" or some other simple stuff to me in English. Lots of them shouted "kawaii, kawaii" at me or told me they saw me in the concert. Many were also making heart shapes with their hands. One girl, who is either a kenkyuusei or recently promoted member and whose name unfortunately I don't know, even told me (in Japanese) that our eyes met during the concert. As I walked by Kimoto Kanon, I said "Kanon, daisuki desu" as I waved for her. She reached out with both her hands and touched mine. I ended up being pushed forward by security guard cause I was taking too much time, haha. At the end of the line was Uchiyama Mikoto, who was just announced to have ranked #81 in SSK and I congratulated her. Her reaction was so cute and I'm genuinly just so happy for her.

Basically, I just had an amazing time! And as much as I had standing out in Japan as a tall white girl, this time it was actually a good thing.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    AKB48-Group 49th Single #Sukinanda Individual Handshake Event @Makuhari Messe. 2017/10/15

This was the first Tokyo weekend for AKB48's 49th single handshake events. Since I usually don't attend both days of a 2 consecutive day event, I chose Sunday, hoping that if Wasamin held an event this weekend, it would be on Saturday. Luckily I was invited to go on a very cool excursion to Kamakura on Saturday, where I got to spend the evening in a famous Japanese Minka and participate in a traditional tea ceremony. So it all worked out...kinda. Wasamin did end up scheduling an event on Sunday. Oh well, can't win em' all. I had a lot of tickets for Sunday, so I wasn't going to bail on this event. Not to mention, Wasamin's event was for a concert DVD preorder, so one less copy of the DVD/Blu-Ray I have to buy. LOL.

Today's event was filled with thrills and unexpected surprises., beginning with first thing this morning. I was lounging around my apartment, waiting to get ready to leave, when I decided to check the AKB48 Blog to see what halls the event was in. And since I was checking the site, I might as well see which lanes I will be visiting. This is when I noticed that there was a change in the schedule, and one of the members I had Slot 6 tickets for had been switched to Slot 1. SHIT! I never got an email about this, and I don't read every single 48-group blog post. I rushed to get ready, and out of the house as fast as I could. It was still early enough that I could still make it to Slot 1 if I hurried. I arrived at Kaihimmakuhari Station 28 minutes before the lanes would close. 10 minutes later I was getting my tickets stamped. There was no line, so that went quickly. I was all good. Still had 12 minutes to go, I was even able to loop the line...

SLOT ONE

Sakaki Miyu <CUCA> (Lane 13) So I made it in time for my two CUCA tickets, and per usual she didn't really have a line. Although the good news was her line was a bit busier than last single. The 49th single has various prizes you can win for each lane and slot. For Cuca the prize was a choice of 2-shot Selfie, or 1-shot video. She was also an "automatic win" lane, which was no surprise. I opted to do one of each. Unfortunately, I was so unraveled from rushing around I screwed up both the selfie and the video. I'm just really bad at taking selfies, and my phone was not registering my slightly sweaty finger. In both cases I asked the lane staff if I could do it over, but they were dicks and said no. Oh well. Here are the remnants of my pics...

mess11.jpg

There is actually more to that pic, but I look so stupid in it, so I mercifully cut myself out. Oh, and I'm so bummed that I cut off the part of the video where she said my name! Anyway, CUCA was a sweetheart as usual. I did quickly ask her if she was having fun being in STU, and of course she said yes. I would love to see her get more popular, but alas, she seems as if she is destined to be an STU Theater girl. That is, if they ever do get a theater.

SLOT TWO

Between slots I ran into @Matto outside the NMB lanes. We briefly chatted about our game plans for the day before we headed to our respective lanes.

Akiyoshi Yuka (Lane 41) I was really excited to see Yuka, since it had probably been at least 2-3 months since I last visited her. She even gave me an 'osashiburi' when I came in, which I felt really bad about. By the way, she was dressed as Little Red Riding Hood...

messe2.jpg

The prize for this slot was an autographed photo, which I didn't win, so I just got a handshake. After we established that she was LRRH, I told her I was the 'Big Bad Wolf'. Hurr hurr hurr, bad joke, I know. But since this is Japan, I doubt she had heard that too many times. I would have another chance to talk to her later.

Fuchigami Mai (Lane 36) I had already seen that Maichan was wearing some sorta gothic nun outfit, which was damn hawt. Her line was pretty short, and whadd'ya know, I won the prize, which was the 2-shot/1-shot choice. Once again, i am really bad at selfies, so I chose the video...

Just a quick handshake and hello, and I told her I would see her later. Although that turned out to be a lie, but it wasn't entirely my fault. I had over an hour until Slot 3, so I decided to head upstairs and get some lunch.

SLOT THREE

As I was trying to decide which lane to queue up for first, I ran into my friend Wayne, who is a fan from Hong Kong. I was glad to see Wayne made it back to Japan, since earlier this year he lost all of his IDs and missed a whole bunch of events while he waited to get new ones. Wayne recommended doing any lanes with Halloween Cards last, since they seem to take the longest. I took his advice and went to meet a member I have not seen in a VERY LONG time...

Ichikawa Miori (Lane 20) I was tring to remember the last time I met with Miorin, and I am pretty sure it was around the time OKL48 came out, since I remember her wearing that outfit at the event. So five years ago, right? Jeez! I wasn't sure if she would remember me, since I used to see her quite a bit. I didn't win the prize, which again was the 2-shot/1-shot choice. So I would have to come up with something to talk about. Oh, Miorin was dressed as a cat...

messe1.jpg

Suffice it to say, there were many "nyan nyan"'s being said by the both of us. Since I hadn't seen her in a while, I mentioned that I think she looks really cute with short hair, to which she gave me a thankful "nyan" We will see if I can re-establish a bit of a connection with her, since I do have tickets for her in November, and I think I won tickets for Miorin for the 50th single too.

Yamane Suzuha (Lane 85 72) When I was deciding on which lane to enter, they announced that Zunchan would be moved to a different lane due to the huge line to see Goto Moe. I didn't know Moe was that popular, but her line was indeed huge when I went over there. In the meantime Zunchan's line was pretty huge too. I had lots of time though, so I entered the queue to sign in. The problem was that the line was barely moving. Like my friend said, this was a Halloween Card slot, and the cards were not too difficult to win, so Zunchan was spending a long time with each person. However, that wasn't too big a problem, for a very interesting reason. You see, Zunchan was in the lane right next to Sato Kaho...

First of all, Sato Kaho is soooo cute. I was watching her interact with her fans. She is great! Awesome smile, great energy. And then there was her outfit. She was wearing this cute top, but it was kinda loose. And every time she leaned forward to sign the cards, she was giving pretty much everyone a 'show' (if you know what I mean) I'm sure she had something on underneath, I wasn't close enough to tell. But it was enough to give nosebleeds to pretty much every guy in her queue. I need to get a ticket for her ASAP! But back to Zunchan...

mess15.jpg

The moment Zunchan saw me she exclaimed "KITA!!!" I have seen her so many times at the theater, so it was nice to get to talk to her for a minute. Zunchan was also tasked with explaining to me how the 'Halloween Trump' game was played, since I had never played it before. I wasn't getting it at first, but after her third try, it finally clicked. LOL. And I WON! I apologized to Zunchan and the guard for being such a dunce, but they were both cool about it. I told her I would see her later.

As I left I noticed Zunchan's queue was still really big, and the Slot was almost over. This would become a big issue later...

SLOT FOUR

Akiyoshi Yuka (Lane 41) I queued up for Yukachan a little early, and ended up being 5th in line. Since this was a Halloween Card slot, this was a good tactic. I won the card too, so I would have a little more time to talk with her while she signed it...

mess16.jpg mess18.jpg
    And if you are wondering what the back of the card looks like

I told her I had been reading her Twitter, and that her interactions with Sasshi are great! I also mentioned that some of my friends who like Sasshi are also now reading her Twitter. It was good to briefly catch up with Yukachan, and she also drew a cute little Onigiri-chan on the card.

Yamane Suzuha (Lane 85) Zunchan was back in her original lane, which was on the right side of the hall, which was mainly AKB, NGT, and the Special Stages. I went to queue up, except her sign was down. Had she fallen ill? Then I noticed that she was in her booth, and she had a huge queue. It turned out she was still finishing her Slot 3 tickets. Uh oh, this could be a problem. Depending on how late they open this lane for Slot 4, it could really mess with my Slot 5 tickets. I hung around close to the entrance for over 30 minutes, waiting for my chance to jump in since there didn't seem to be any organized queue. Eventually they opened the gate, and people jammed in from every direction. I made it in around 25th, which wasn't too bad. With around 15 minutes left in Slot 4, she finally finished Slot 3. She promised she would take a super short break, and ran off. Oh, and she was dressed as a little devil, with all sorts of Halloween decorations and messages all over her booth.

messe3.jpg

True to her word, she was back in less than five minutes. This was a signed photo slot, which I didn't win, but it promised to be relatively faster. Around 15 minutes into Slot 5, I finally got my turn. Again, she greeted me with "KITA" So I mentioned that I have seen four Kenkyuusei Stages in the past few months. She replied. "Yes, you have come to many!" I even got front row last time! I told her that I love watching the 16th gen, and I enjoy cheering for her. She thanked me, in English, and I was off. I rushed back over to the other side of the hall to hopefully use my Slot 5 tickets, briefly stopping to say hello to my friend Panda, who was also lamenting about the long queues and the amount of tickets he wasn't getting to use...

SLOT FIVE

Matsumura Kaori (Lane 47) Initially I figured I would be in Kaotan's lane last, but her line wasn't too long, and the lane for my other ticket (Maichan) was HUGE. So I went with Kaotan first. While in the queue, I changed out of my Akiyoshi accoutrement, and into my Kaotan gear. Although her line was short, it was extremely slow since Kaotan ALWAYS takes her sweet time with her fans. Not to mention this was another Halloween Card lane. Eventually it was my turn. Kaotan turned over a Queen. Of course I guessed lower, and she turned over a King. Jeez! Even Kaotan was pissed. Pissed enough to say "Screw it, I'm signing the card for you anyway!!!"

mess17.jpg

I had noticed that while I was in line there were a lot of children in Kaotan's queue. I had never seen so many kids in a member queue before. Although to be honest, I am rarely in the most popular member lanes. So I had commented to her that she must be really popular with children. At first she was slightly confused by what I was getting at, but I thought I had said it in clear Japanese. So she got it. She was like, OH, you mean all the kids that were here. I had another ticket for Kaotan in the next slot, so I would be right back.

Fuchigami Mai (Lane 36) I went back over to Maichan's lane, and it was even bigger than before. Now this could be a major issue. There was only like 35 minutes until the beginning of Slot 6, and if this lane goes long it could screw up my tickets for that slot. I mentioned to the guy standing next to me that the line was so much longer than earlier, and he told me that her Slot 4 (With the Halloween cards of course) ran really long, and Slot 5 was just starting, which is why the queue was so big. In the meantime, he must have been from her Seitensei committee since he gave me this...

mess12.jpg

So I weighed my options. Of the three tickets I had left, which do I want to use the most. I had a Tani ticket, who I hadn't seen yet. I also had my second Kaotan ticket. I had already won the video with Maichan earlier, plus I get tickets for her at every event. So I decided to blow this ticket off for now, and instead use it later as an oshi-mashi. Sorry Maichan. :(

SLOT SIX

Matsumura Kaori (Lane 47) They hadn't opened Kaotan's queue yet, so I decided to hang around and hopefully be one of the first in line. In the meantime, I struck up a conversation with another Kaotan fan, who was really cool. He was asking me all sorts of questions about how I came to be a a Kaotan fan. I told him my infamous story from five years ago when she, Mikitty, and Makiko all ganged up on me one day, and as a result I instantly became a fan of she and Mikitty. He also kept grilling me on who I liked more between Kaotan and Yukachan, but I kept insisting it was a tie. And in any case, my OSHIMEN is Wasamin. Eventually the gate opened, and I was second in, but the guy in front of me changed his mind, so I ended up being first. Oh, and I won the prize, a signed photo. Kaotan finally finished her Slot 5 people, and went to take a break. While waiting I checked Tani's lane, which was a few rows down. It wasn't too long, so I wouldn't have a problem using my tickets. Kaotan took her sweet time, so my new Kaotan-buddy and I were just commenting the members in nearby lanes, including Suda Akari, who came walking by. Kaotan finally made it back. She was excited to see that I won the photo, and started to sign it. Just then...

Jurina comes walking by behind Kaotan. She sees me, and stops dead in her tracks. With this huge smile on her face, she begins mouthing "Hello", just totally flirting. Meanwhile Kaotan was totally oblivious, even though at one point I think I said "Oh, Jurina" She didn't notice. Kaotan kept asking me questions, but I was half listening. Jurina has to be one of the biggest, and most shameless fishers I have ever encountered in the 48-groups, LOL

mess14.jpg

I eventually asked her about the T-shirt she recently tweeted about. One of her fans had one on. It has baby pictures of her, Dasu, and Goto Risako. The baby picture of Kaotan is really cute too, and you can totally tell its her. As usual, Kaotan asked me when she would see me again. I told her November, so she was good to go.

Tani Marika (Lane 44) Finally, a chance to see Tani, and I really wanted to win the 1-shot video. Lo and behold, I did. COOL! I entered the booth, and the first thing Marika notices is the Kaotan gear that I 'forgot' to take off. Oops. I had a funny feeling that she might play this into the video, but she played it fairly straight. Well...fairly straight for Tani...

Of course once the video was over, she was back to her jealous rage about me wearing Kaotan gear. I tried to tell her that I love her too, but she wasn't buying it, basically calling Bullshit on me and telling me that I should be wearing Tani gear next time. I can make that happen, although I generally don't like being "that guy." You know, the guy that changes his outfit every time he goes to a different lane. But I can make an exception for Marika, since I know she wants me to.

So now there was this matter of what I would do with my Fuchigami Mai ticket. There weren't very many "starred" lanes. although both Tani and Kaotan were both available. I already felt 'complete for the day' with Kaori-chan, although I could go another round with Marika to try to convince her of my love for her. But I would first check to see if any other member caught my eye. I scanned the lanes as I headed back to the other side of the venue. Miichan had a very short queue, but I didn't really have anything to say to her. Same with Myao, Chiichan, Mogi, and Shinozaki. Then there was Chori, who I do like visiting, although her line was pretty long. I was about to go to that lane, but then I found it. The member I wanted to talk to. I met her for the first time earlier this year, but she was really nice, and I wanted to see her again...

Oomori Miyuu (Lane 100) I met Miyupon for the first time at a National Handshake event this past Summer. She ended up being one of my top handshakes of the day. She was really genki, and fun. So yeah, she was perfect. She did have a semi-long line, but it wasn't too bad. So i decided to go for it. I wasn't in line for more than a couple minutes when her Setensei committee gave me a gift.

mess19.jpg

Perfect, it was really hot in this corner of the venue, so I immediately made very good use of the uchiwa. Eventually it was my turn. I wasn't expecting it, but it seemed like Miyupon did remember me from before right off the bat. As I related the story about meeting her over the Summer, she got this look of satisfaction on her face, and thanked me in English as I was being pushed out. She tossed in an "I LOVE YOU" at the very end too for good measure. I could also hear her talking with the next fan about me as I was gathering my bag. LOL. Here is what she was dressed in. I fished this pic off of twitter.

messe4.jpg

And with that, I called it a day. And if we want to tally the scorecard, I won 8 of the 12 prizes. Well, 7 if you count that I actually did lose the first time with Kaotan, she just vetoed the loss. And technically, I never got a chance to draw for the second Maichan ticket. Interestingly, I had the worst luck with the signed photos, as they accounted for 3 of my 4 non-wins.

1-shot/2-shot: 4 of 5
    Halloween card: 3 of 3
    Signed Pic: 1 of 4

It had been a while since I had done a marathon handshake event like that, and my feet were really sore. I couldn't wait to get home a take a good soak. I do have tickets for both of the early November events. Pretty much all of the same members as today, plus a Bibian ticket. I also have a ticket for Takahashi Ayane from Team 8, but I may oshi-mashi that one as I am not as big of fan of her as I thought I might be at the time I bought it. We'll see.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I wanted to add a small experience from earlier this month. I wasn't sure which thread (if any) I wanted to post this in, but it actually is a good info post for the workings at the theater...

Late last month, I was surprised to receive a cancel machi email for the October 1st matinee show. Now winning cancel machi wasn't too surprising, except that it seems like I usually only win these days for the 16th gen kenkyuusei, and this was a Team 4 show. I didn't get too excited though, as my cancel machi number was #137, which is really high. With that number, I might have a chance at the kenkyuusei stage, but Team 4?

Most of the Team 4 heavyweights would be performing, so I knew my chances were extremely low. However, whenever I win cancel machi, I always show up regardless of how bad I think my chances are. First of all, you never know. Second, I truly believe that staff actually keeps track of who shows up, even if you don't win. And third, well...

-The cancel machi process is fairly straightforward. If you have cancel machi, you will get a special screen on your ticket center account that tells you how many people have cancelled their reservation online. So it is possible to know you have won even before you arrive. For example, you have cancel machi #35, and 40 people have cancelled. You have now won the show. You can show up at the box office and buy your ticket without waiting.

-Once the ticket buying deadline has passed, staff counts how many unsold tickets are left and begin calling cancel machi numbers, and they will continue calling numbers until all the tickets have been purchased. Staff then performs the theater entry lottery.

-When the theater entry lottery is close to being finished, the staff then decides how many more people they are going to allow in the theater. These days it is usually around 8-10. They resume calling cancel machi numbers until they have filled that quota. This is the last group to enter the theater, after the lottery. In the case of this particular Team 4 show, that number ended at 69, so I was still pretty far off. But it doesn't necessarily end there.

-Any remaining cancel machi holders who did not win are asked to lineup in order in the far hall near the toilets. Staff then goes through and checks off all the remaining people who are there on the show manifest. The staff member also has a can filled with chopsticks. Once you are checked off, you draw a chopstick. If it is painted on the bottom, you have now won the chance to participate in the end of the show farewell, or as I like to call it, "high wave," where all the fans walk by the stage and wave goodbye to each member. By the way, this would be the third reason I always show up.

Every time I have lost out on cancel machi, I have drawn a chopstick. And for the first time, I won. So that meant if I stayed to the end of the Team 4 show, I would get to go into the theater at the very end. I originally planned to leave to go see another idol show, but since I won...

IMG_7211.jpg

Oh, and this was the day Iino Miyabi announced her graduation. Not at this particular show, since this was the matinee. But at the second show later on. I did get to see her birthday flowers.

The way it works is quite simple. Once the encore begins, they call us over to get a bin to empty our pockets into (for the metal detector) and check our bags in. Fortunately they don't charge the normal 200 yen. When the how ends, we go through the metal detector, and then enter the theater just as the post show goodbye begins. Since the back of the theater are among the first to say goodbye, I was in the theater for less than five minutes. But it was still fun, and the girls probably assume you saw the show, which is cool too.

I have met most of Team 4 at one time or another, but I can't really say that I "know" any of them, although I did go see Miyupon at last week's handshake event (the post above this one) I got the best reactions from Okada Nana, who is known for being good with fans. Miyupon was good, and iirc Murayama Yuiri gave me a nice reaction too. Anyway, it was cool to have this brief encounter with Team 4.

And so ends my installment of "Theater Lessons With CK" :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    ^^
    that is very interesting!
    i remember seeing those guys with baskets at the lobby by the end of the show, never understood what they were doing, now i understand.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  18. Sakuraism

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    10/15 2017 AKB48 49th Single #Sukinanda Individual HS @ Makuhari Messe

Ota Yuuri

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yamamoto Sayaka

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shiroma Miru

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yagura Fuuko

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Nagichan looked so tired, and it was only the first slot lol.

• Like Like x 1
  19. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    lol Nagisa looked as if she didn't get any sleep

20. Sakuraism

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    10/22 , 2017 NMB48 3rd Album Namba Ai Individual Handshake @ ATC Hall

Yamamoto Sayaka