Your AKB48 Experiences

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by cRaZY MiKi, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    AKB48 Idol Shugyou Chuu! Stage ~Matinee~ (2018/08/07)

[​IMG]
    It has been years since I have "won" shows so close together. It h been eight days since I last saw this stage, so I was pleasantly surprised to see another 'winning' email in my inbox. Granted, it was another Cancel Machi, but I am used to that by now. The difference was that this Cancel Machi number was significantly higher than the last three I have won. On the other hand, I have been monitoring how high Cancel Machi has gone for this stage lately, and I knew I had a decent shot at getting in anyway.

So I had Cancel Machi #90. Within a couple hours of receiving the email the cancellations had already reached 20, and the morning of the show they had reached 40. In all of my wins, I had never seen the number get that high so early before, so I figured I was good to go. I headed to Akihabara and had some lunch before going to the theater. Downstairs I ran into Caster-san, who is another Wasamin fan. He said "You won?" When I told him I had Cancel Machi #90 he kinda grimaced, but when I told him the pre-cancellations were almost to 50 he said "You will probably get in then." In fact, I was so confident at this point I stored my backpack in a locker. I got a bit discouraged when a huge crowd of people jammed the ticket queue at the last minute. Would this be my doom?

The cancel machi call started, and the guy just glided through the 50's and 60's with no sign of slowing down. When he got close to 80 he began checking his clicker. Well, at this point at least I will get into the "final ten" group that goes in last. But after a few minutes of re-counting the queue, he started back up again. 87, 88, 89...90! Sweet, I made it to the seat lottery! In fact I just made it as the next guy behind me ended up getting the last spot. As for the last chance winners, it went to #109. (And the evening show went all the way to #150, so all cancel machi got in) So let this be another lesson that even a very high cancel machi number can get you into the show. In fact.....

[​IMG]

I had ticket #246, which was in the last group. They started calling the seat lottery. #70-79, #180-189, #240-249. We were third called, Score-a-rooni! I breezed through the metal detector and grabbed a seat in the front row, just left of the pillar. For me this is the perfect spot since Ran-chan (Kobayashi Ran) spends most of the show on this side of the stage. Anyway, this was my 45th Theater Show, and my fifth time seeing this stage.

The last three times I saw this stage I was on the right side, so I would be getting a vantage point that I hadn't seen since the first time I saw Idol Chugyou Chu! Kurumin did the Kaga-ana, and the overture began. Here are a few thoughts....

[​IMG]

Kobayashi Ran: It took Ranchan less than a minute to spot me in the first row, so I was assured of getting a lot of opportunities to play with her over the next couple hours. Don't get me wrong, she plays with and appeals to everyone in the audience, but pretty much every time she was near me at the very least I got a glance and a smile.

[​IMG]

The Units, and Lip-Synch: At one point early in the show I had Taguchi Manaka right in front of me, close enough that I could actually hear her singing. She sounded quite good. It made me wonder how much of this stage is lip-synched. While watching Blue Rose I had Kurosu Haruka right in front of me, and Otake Hitomi right next to her. Hitomin looks like she is singing live, but t's a very loud song, so I wasn't sure. I am reasonably sure the vocals on Nage Kissu de Uchi Otose are pre-recorded. Shinkirou might be live, but my mind always 'fades out' during that song, LOL. But the clincher was Tsundere. Now on one hand I love this performance since the members are all so animated and funny. However, Yasuda Kana is so busy expressing herself, her lip-synching is completely off, like not even close. Plus, Sato Shiori stumbled during her line in the first verse, but there was no stumble in the vocals. So that song is completely lip-synched. As for Moeka and Mushi no Ballad, I want to believe she is singing live.

[​IMG]

Left Side Appeal: Aside from Ranchan, the MVP of trying to get my attention during this show was Honda Sora. I lost count of how many times I was looking at her and she was staring back and smiling. She was directly in front of me during Sobakasu no Kiss, and I was mimicking her and motions throughout the chorus. Taya Misaki was making faces at me, as was Sato Shiori. In fact, this was the first time I remember Shiori trying to play with me, even a little. On the other hand, Hitomin never really acknowledged me at all, despite her being in front of me quite often. On one hand I don't think she toys with the audience much during the show. However, even in High Wave at the end I didn't get much of a reaction. My biggest reactions during High Wave were from Yasuda Kana, Inagaki Kaori, and of course Ranchan.

[​IMG]
    Okada Rina

Newbies: I think this was the second time I have seen Okada Rina perform. The first time I noted how awkward I thought she was. She was a little better today, although she went a bit "gangster" with the way she blew off her opening MC appeal time. She introduced herself, said one short sentence, and was like "That's it, next..." I think this girl needs some emergency lessons in appealing to fans. On the other hand, I am pretty sure this was the first time I have seen Ishiwata Sena, who is another chibi draft member. She is quite cute, but to be honest I barely noticed her throughout the show.

Since I was in the front row I was one of the first people to go through the 'high wave' line. I quickly purchased the Team Photo, grabbed my backpack, and was down the escalator and out. I had a bit of time to kill before I had to head up to Saitama for Wasamin's furage CD event. So i ended up being a full day. And hopefully this theater win frequency is becoming a trend. As I have said before, I have no luck winning the concerts, but as long as I can see the group in the theater I don't care. I much prefer the Theater to huge venues.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    July 20, AKB48 チーム8舞台「KISS KISS KISS」
    I was fortunate to get a matinee ticket with guest start Yuiyui. Unfortunately my Japanese is too lacking to give an accurate description of the story but it had all the necessary components: kisses, violence and singing+dancing. I was able to enjoy it even without understanding most of the story. There sure are new Team8 members to look up once I get around to it.

July 31, 「アイドル修業中」公演 7月度お客様生誕祭
    This was actually my last shot of getting a ticket to theatre. So far all I had gotten was one cancel machi to SKE theatre which did not get me anywhere. So when I got the e-mail about winning cancel machi #58, it was quite something. This stage was a special for fans with July birthdates, so they had nice surprises present. Also, being the sceptic I am, I refused to believe I'm getting in before I saw the pillars.
    Once I got to the theatre, there weren't that many people present. The announcement was that there were 39 cancellations that day. They started calling the numbers and surprisingly quickly the number reached 57. They at that point took a break before calling any more people but once they resumed I was in - before the lottery. SCORE! I had ticket number 248 and with small stumbling found the correct queue. 240s were called in after the seats were full, but I was able to sort myself out with a front row standing seat on the left side. The pillar blocked the center stage quite badly, but at that point I did not care, just enjoyed being in the theater just once. I did decide to focus on the left side of the stage.

Now, I don't consider myself competent to judge the girls' performances, so I'll just say I enjoyed what I saw a lot and there will again be cute girls I will be looking up in the future. High wave was nice, several girls seemed to get a kick that a foreigner appeared and there was a bit of appeals too. After which we all got handwritten birthday cards at random, mine was Michieda Saki's. There was a lot of trading going on after the show but I decided to go with what I had, and go enjoy some dessert and tea at (of course) AKB48 cafe.

August 1/2, AKB48 Group Kanshasai

These have been covered in detail elsewhere so I'll just say I enjoyed myself. For Aug 1 I was sitting at Macharin oshi seats and shamefully I do not have video of Macharing losing it and starting to cry when making the rounds. Otherwise the concerts were a lot of fun, except I had managed to cheap out with the binoculars and with my crap vision 8x does not cut it at a place like Yokohama Arena, 10x stabilized is the way to go. Shame those are 500€ and beyond.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Time to do some report, since I have 3 events I haven't wrote anything yet :^^;:
    But since some others already wrote about Teacher Teacher HS and Kanshasai, I'll put them in spoilers.

Only had few tickets for that day, so this will be short.

(this is for those who are yet to go to HS)
    How to get the ticket?
    Well, this is an individual HS. So no brainer that you need to buy the theater edition from chara ani.

How to go to the venue?
    You can get to the venue by bus or train. Easiest way is by train from JR Tokyo station using Keiyo Line to the Kahimmakuhari station. If you are arriving at the same time as the crowd, just follow where they are going to find the venue (around 5-10 min walk from the station). But if you got ticket for later sessions (4 and above), there may not be many going there from the station. So, after exiting the station just follow the canopied walkway towards the shopping center, turn right to go around the shopping center. After that you will see a pedestrian crossing bridge, go up and then turn right on the intersection. Just go straight until you find the venue (around 500 m).

Getting inside
    Entering the venue you will see many fans' booth before the security checkpoint. Either they are trading photo cards, or there are stands for birthday messages. You can write the message now or later if you have several tickets for later sessions. After the usual security check (show your ticket, drink the water, open your bag, etc) go in, and down the stair you will see the member's booth number. Don't forget to show your ID and stamp all of your tickets before going to the booth (usually near or at the information booth where you can see a long table with 4-5 officers stamping tickets, and the same number of people behind them with laptops.

Do the HS
    Go to the booth at the designated time. You can opt to directly go in, or a bit later, just remember that the line will close 30 minutes before the session ends. If you are late, find other lanes with a star sign, it is oshimashi lane which you can use other members' ticket from that day to go in after the first 30 minutes of each session. In the lane you need to show your ID and all the tickets you want to use for that session. Get in the queue, put your belongings on the provided baskets, give the tickets to the staff, and then meet the member(s) :)

My experience that day
    I went to my oshimen Okabe Rin's lane. As usual her lane is quite long. After the initial banter about happy to meet you again, I talked about her guest appearance in Team 8's KISS KISS KISS stage the day after that HS and then her Janken unit. She said she didn't know about the Janken unit yet and tomorrow she will not be present in HS so she will not met that many members to talk about it. (and to my surprise, one day after that they announce the akuma unit for janken [hehe]). When the time is up, she pull my hand and make sure I will watch the KISS KISS KISS stage where she appear :blush: and then said bye.After the session I hang around in front of her lane and get acquainted with some of her fans. We exchange name card and twitter account, to prepare for next year RH and SSK.

After her session I went out of the hall back to the station because there was an T8 open stage at Smile Fes Chiba. 3 members from the T8 Kanto show perform that day and the day after. Honda Hitomi should be at the first day performance and also the HS but as she just got back from Korea, she cancelled all activities that day (same as Sakura, Juri, etc.) and replaced by Shimizu Maria who appear alongside the show MC Yoshikawa Nanase and Yamanashi rep Hidaritomo Ayaka. They perform around 6 songs, which full event fancams you can find in T8's thread around that day (Hidaritomo replaced by Saitama's Takahashi Ayane for the second day). After the performance finished, I went back to the HS venue.

The second member I saw that day was Hashimoto Haruna, the T8's Toyama representative. Even though she is not that popular, she has decent queue in her line as it is never empty. After introduction, as it is my first time seeing her, I asked about Eito no Hi and why it was announced that she will not be present that day. She apologized for the absence as she has to do some exams. And when the time is up, she wish me to support her fellow Chubu members in Eito no Hi and said she will come to the next event, so please come again.

Since I spent all my ticket that day, I just hang around in front of the lanes to talk to other eito fans and interact with the members from afar if their lane is empty. The Meeting to talk about Global Warming's fans are the funniest I met that day. And yes, it is not just a janken unit name, but the unofficial name of some new members of T8. The fans even have shirts printed with their group name and illustrated characters. They already have this name even before janken unit announcement. As they are fairly new, their lines are sometimes empty. However they are a funny bunch of people. If there are no people in their lane, they will just dancing together in their booth to the song played in the background (Teacher Teacher A and B sides, as well as some other live stage from previous HS). And they do it together with their fans in front of the lanes :rofl:For those who do not know, they are Okuhara Hinako (Shimane), Okumoto Hinano (Hiroshima), Kawahara Misaki (Saga), Harumoto Yuki (Tokushima), and Yamada Kyoka (Ooita). Pretty sure putting these kusogakis' HS booth side by side sometimes cause trouble to the staff :lol: I also see Takahashi Ayane's line to be quite busy, no wonder she is getting pretty good push recently by included in Majimuri Gakuen cast, several theatrical stage, and individual jobs. Being a lesser theater goddess (while Yuiri's reign is still strong) before the shuffle surely bring some popularity.

PS: I saw Cris, from quite afar, in front of Yahagi Moeka's lane, but as he is going somewhere and I have to get efficient with my time that day, I did not say hello. :^^;:

Most have been covered in other posts, so I'll just share how to go to the venue. Easiest way is to arrive at Shin-Yokohoma station, and then follow the markings to Yokohama Arena. But from Shibuya there is a direct line which station is around 20 min walk from the venue (Kikuna station, Tokyu-Toyoko Line).

That day I was seated at Okabe Rin's section on the third floor, but got first row seat from the aisle where the members will go through. Even though she ranked #58 I was quite surprised to found that her section is actually quite big, around 6 sections of 50 people. One thing I learn is to read your oshimen SNS (usually 755) before going to the event. I was having no clue why the others in her section turn their LS to yellow, not dark blue as usual. The lady beside me said that earlier that morning she was wondering what color would be good to distinguish her section, and the result is Yellow. And as Tuhis said, consider to invest in a good binocular if you go to concerts.
    https://twitter.com/SunnyHighland48/status/1024595577449766912
    https://twitter.com/SunnyHighland48/status/1024823375892373504
    For the fancam session you can find it on my twitter https://twitter.com/SunnyHighland48
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1024827584066928640/pu/vid/720x1280/KjuAA1Yc6KnZ80kN.mp4?tag=5

August 8, Eito no Hi (The day of eight)
    I bought tickets for all 4 concerts and all day matsuris. Much to everyone demise, there was a typhoon approaching that day, so the matsuris are cancelled and we need to queue in the rain before entering the venue and to buy the goods. :fp:

How to get the ticket? Same as other 48G produced event, through the AKB48 ticket center.
    How to get to the venue? This year they go back to their "home turf", Toyosu PIT near Odaiba. Go to Toyosu station on Yurakucho line, and then 1 station using the Yurikamome to Shin-Toyosu overground train. Then you can see the venue from the station, just walk there (2min).
    Getting in the venue. As Toyosu PIT is quite small the queue is long enough until you need to cross the bridge to queue. Luckily they assign certain section for each group to queue. So just wait until they call your group to come in. Mine was 1300ish, 800ish, 1100ish and 1800ish. The 800ish one is a direct win using nihonbashiranokai and the rest are cancel machi. Also, this is an all standing event.

Full setlist of all 4 stages can be found here
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?posts/1511987/

Morning PIT
    The members will greet you at the queue and at the gate while distributing bread for breakfast. You just need to pick which member you want to receive it from.
    https://twitter.com/SunnyHighland48/status/1027032267720278016
    And then you will be met by a wall with signed paper fans. Go in to the section where your ticket indicate. This stage was performed by all available members. All 9 members who managed to rank in SSK were assigned a follow camera for the entire stage as a reward. Actually last night there was a rerun of the morning stage on Yahoo! Japan, and the archived video will be available in a few days.
    The units are performed by area.
    Hokkaido-Tohoku: 2 aces, 3 prominent members, and 1 newbie. The skill gap is quite prominent with the newbie Ito Kirara (Fukushima), however their performance is actually my favourite.
    Kanto: The region of aces. Combined, the Kanto 9 arguably have the biggest fanbase.
    Chubu: Currently the weakest region with 3 members absent from the event.
    Kansai: Make way for queen Onishi! She deserve that spot.
    Chugoku-Shikoku: With 4 new members out of 9, they are actually great. The new ones mostly are ex-idols, In 1-2 years they may become prominent members.
    Kyushu: Led by Kuranoo, they are pretty good. Need to recover from losing Shimoaoki Karin. But 48G members from Kagoshima so far are great.
    Pics & Fancams:
    https://twitter.com/SunnyHighland48/status/1027399127099817984
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1027379955879931904/pu/vid/1280x720/zoIrXnwpdWkOd95k.mp4?tag=5
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1027382618348613632/pu/vid/1280x720/vNjfpc9IieUXiM30.mp4?tag=5
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1027384960678686721/pu/vid/1280x720/VvuPWZWyUEvTcIgQ.mp4?tag=5
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1027388536150884353/pu/vid/1280x720/UgSyuo9oUMmhU7LZ.mp4?tag=5
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1027396180848701441/pu/vid/1280x720/hQPPFcL-teFlk6sr.mp4?tag=5
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1027396505076871168/pu/vid/1280x720/4o_3QiTzbMwmDxlz.mp4?tag=5

Day PIT
    Basically a cute stage. Cute members with cute songs on the setlist. Nearly all new members are assigned here. The first time they introduce the new Yamagata rep, Mitomo Mashiro who sang Soredemo Suki Dayo after short konto by some members. The funny part is when loli-looking Takahashi Ayane and Yoshikawa Nanase who are old enough protesting why did they got assigned here [hehe] and then a bit intimidated knowing the new member's age is nearly half their age :lol: Tear jerking moment came when Shimoaoki Karin came to perform at the encore centering her unit Glory Days, and get the last call for 47 Suteki Machi.
    Pics and fancams:
    https://twitter.com/SunnyHighland48/status/1027412505914617856
    https://twitter.com/SunnyHighland48/status/1027416618811310080
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1027404520412733440/pu/vid/1280x720/r0rFc2VXXwwES5oN.mp4?tag=5
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1027404949603344389/pu/vid/1280x720/WIPBW3tOFwTT2a0r.mp4?tag=5
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1027411935195586561/pu/vid/1280x720/lRRwGBavdN5HL2Km.mp4?tag=5
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1027412301731622912/pu/vid/1280x720/dG_6UyH0Ho6zsIHM.mp4?tag=5
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1027416045793861632/pu/vid/1280x720/Wm8xukOSm3W_L_vt.mp4?tag=5
    https://twitter.com/SunnyHighland48/status/1027416559235395584

Snack PIT
    My favourite out of 4 stages, the Cool PIT. They went full dance heavy from the beginning. Another introduction to the new Yamagata member and promotion of members' incoming gravure and theater stages. Closed with UZA 2017 remix version. New announcement of zenkoku tours in January (Fukuoka) and March (Yamaguchi).
    Pics and fancams:
    https://twitter.com/SunnyHighland48/status/1027428073619128320
    https://twitter.com/SunnyHighland48/status/1027437288882548736
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1027427529949204480/pu/vid/1280x720/M7EvlsxplpMv9o7-.mp4?tag=5
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1027427815531003905/pu/vid/1280x720/8q9ZZ4BMF_u13VWa.mp4?tag=5
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1027430847505346560/pu/vid/1280x720/gLXBeCJmnB6HkZgk.mp4?tag=5
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1027431093874487297/pu/vid/1280x720/gNo0OUKTsjWHD4_n.mp4?tag=5
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1027436687813537792/pu/vid/1280x720/raRUZKAn-LYSAiJo.mp4?tag=5
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1027436983377833986/pu/vid/1280x720/hQN4fs7O7VYfgJco.mp4?tag=5

Night PIT
    Kageana by the new Kochi rep Rissen Airi. For the last performance they go with sexy concept, pretty much like SDN's stage back then :D However I got the section so far in the back, so I do not have decent enough video and photos to post, mostly are blurred or the members look too small. Maybe investing for a clip on zoom lens for smartphone will be a good idea.
    The memorable ones are Yuuwaku no garter centered by Okabe Rin, Zipper by Takahashi Ayane, Rissen Airi, Hattori Yuna, and Amai Kokansetsu by Onishi Momoka. Announcements are new stage production for Shimizu Maria.

My Take from Eito no Hi
    - T8 is popular, as even with all-standing venue they sell out all 4 performances with around 3000 tickets each and some audience cannot even get in the standing area because it is too crowded, so that they need to stand in the aisles. Therefore the members cannot go down to the aisles like usual. And this is not even their anniversary concert.
    - The new members are fitting in quick enough and can be greater than their predecessors. Some of them already perform together with their senpais on adult and cool stage which have more difficult songs to do. This is even Rissen Airi's (Kochi) first ever full concert, but she already looks like a pro in units and MC session. Kawahara Misaki (Saga) is another notable new member.
    - Noda Hinano (Mie) finally crack out of her shell. She was the youngest 2 years ago when she joined, and hardly can do anything. But now her performance has been matured a bit and she found a new chara that fits her. The loli anime chara that previously (or still) held by Takahashi Ayane even though she will be 21 this year. Nano is still 14 after all :^^;: but her monomane impersonating anime character sounds like from a real anime.

There you go, all three events I went in the last 3 weeks.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    7/15, 2018 AKB48 Teacher Teacher Kobetsu Handshake @ Kyocera Dome

Yahagi Moeka

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yamamoto Sayaka

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7/29, 2018 NMB48 Yokuboumono Kobetsu Handshake @ Intex Osaka

Shiroma Miru

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yamamoto Sayaka

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  5. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    I've not done any write ups but I decided I'd give it a shot. I've been to 4 handshakes this year and I'll do some quick comments on each based on the notes I took on my phone and my memory. It's worth noting that my Japanese level is low-intermediate. My comprehension is quite good but my speaking ability is not the best. I'm also kind of shy so that is clearly reflected in my experiences. All the conversations I reference are in Japanese unless otherwise noted. With a talkative girl, 10 seconds goes by VERY fast. If neither of you have anything to say, 10 seconds can be uncomfortably long to be holding hands. My best experiences are with members who have things to say, rather than the ones who mostly just listen.

6/3 Yokohama
    (1) Yuiyui -
    Yuiyui is cute. I introduced myself and I congratulated her on the center for Teacher Teacher. She said thank you and then was saying goofy stuff about her panda shirt and time was pretty much up.
    (2) Yoshikawa Nanase - I went into this unprepared. I didn't have anything to say to her so after I introduced myself we stared awkwardly at each other. She asked if I watched her on SR and I said yes. She's pretty but I was a bit disappointed. I need to try her again.
    (2) Yokoyui - I introduced myself and congratulated her on getting center for the T8 B-side. I said it's a great song. She thanked me and time was up.
    (3) Onishi Momoka (3 tickets) - I won two autographs with this so I got a lot of time since she signed pretty slow. I introduced myself and told her I always watch her SR stream. She asked me where I was from. She made small talk while she signed which as a kinda shy person I really appreciated. She's really easy to talk to. After she signed both things we had a brief handshake and then I was dragged off.
    (4) Morishita Maiha (3 tickets) - Maiha is not super popular so basically any ticket you buy for her is an auto-win for all the raffles. I introduced myself to her by my SR name, and she got really excited since she recognized me from SR. She said she really can't speak English at all. I said my Japanese is bad, too. Time was almost up and she said "You sent me a letter before too, right?". I was really impressed that she remembered because I sent it right after STU's debut, so more than a year before this event.
    (4) Ikumin - Ikumin immediately said some basic things in English and I introduced myself in Japanese. As I was being dragged away she asked if I could understand Japanese and I said a little.
    (5) Hattsu - I won a 2 shot with her. It was my first time so I was a bit nervous and intimidated by the time, so it was kinda awkward and the picture came out weird. She's adorable, though.
    (5) Odaeri - This was another kind of awkward one. I introduced myself and then she kept trying to tell me her name (in English) as if I didn't already know who she was, having bought a ticket to meet her. I'll give her another chance in the future but this was probably my worst experience of the day.
    (6) Cho - Cho is VERY pretty. I thought it was going to be awkward but she is surprisingly easy to talk to. Some of the members who are more outgoing than her ended up being far more awkward than she was.
    (7) Yamada Nanami - Another one that is very easy to talk to. I told her I saw her stage early in the day and that it was really fun.

7/15 Osaka (I didn't take notes on this one - scored each one after it happened, so I won't have as many details).
    (1) Ogiyuka - Super friendly and super popular. I introduced myself and that was about the end of it.
    (1) Hana - She's friendly and super cute. I don't remember the details but it was a good experience.
    (1) Miku - This one was not so good. I told her I watch her SR and her dogs are really cute. I got kind of an awkward vibe from her but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and say maybe she didn't understand what I was saying.
    (2) Hama (oshimashi) - I had a ticket for Erii but she was in Korea. Hama was in a lane with Kocchan and one other member that I forget. Hama is extremely energetic and loud, as you can probably imagine. Their line was empty so they saw me walking up and when I got to the front and the staff said it was 1 ticket for Hama she got excited and cheered. I like her though her energy is a bit much sometimes.
    (2) Macharin - Anyone who has watched videos of her knows her deer-in-headlights expression. She had that from the moment I walked up. I lived in Taiwan for awhile and my Chinese is a bit better than my Japanese so I went with that. She definitely wasn't expecting a very pale white guy to be speaking Chinese to her. I greeted her and she went "Eh?" and I told I lived in Taiwan but my Chinese is still pretty bad, but I like to watch her SR. She just stared wide-eyed the entire time and as I got dragged away she kept staring and said it was amazing. It was VERY funny. Her fan in that was in front of me and was exiting had heard me speaking Chinese so he waited in the line for me and we chatted a bit in Japanese. Macharin fans are very nice.
    (2) Hiwatan - Hiwatan fans are even nicer than Macharin fans. I'm VERY glad that I got this ticket because not long after this she announced her hiatus. The guy in front of me in her line was asking about me and after I told him it was my first time to meet her he spent his entire time with her telling her everything he just learned about me talking in line so that she'd know a bit about me first. It was VERY nice of him. Hiwatan is very nice. She asked how I knew about her but my Japanese failed me as I was trying to parse what she asked me. I told her I watched her SR but I also wanted to compliment her Bingo performances. Didn't manage it though. 10 seconds really is too short.
    (3) Fuu - Fuu is very pretty but her line was very long. She was friendly but I don't recall exactly what was said.
    (3) Shimizu Maria (oshimashi) - Miu was in Korea was I used my ticket on Maria. Maria is very cool. Introduced myself and I told her I like her cooking streams on SR. She told me she's studying English. She looked a little bewildered as I was being dragged away so I wonder if she wanted to try speaking English. I'll try again.
    (4) Satone - Just as cute as you imagine. I personally think she wears too much makeup, and also she had lipstick on her teeth, but she's adorable anyway. A really nice girl.
    (4) Zukki - Zukki is very cool. I congratulated her on ranking in during SSK. I don't recall what else was said but I scored it as a very good experience.
    (4) Kawano Nanaho - I told her I'd been watching her SR since the auditions. She thanked me and said my Japanese was really good. I said it definitely isn't and got dragged away. She's really cool.
    (5) Morishita Maiha - She remembered me and thanked me for coming and always watching her SR. I only had one ticket this time so we didn't talk much.
    (5) Yamane Suzuha - What a goofball. I introduced myself and she asked where I was from. I told her America and she got really excited and said "American hamburgers are.... BANNN" and gestured really big. I laughed and got dragged away.
    (5) Okappa - She's a strange child. I really like her. She complimented one of my physical features (the one I'm most self conscious about) so even if she was just being nice she made me feel really good.
    (6) Emiri - I introduced myself, she asked where I'm from. I told her I liked watching her on Odekake and she did the little odekake pose.
    (6) Nagi (T8) (oshimashi) - Bibian was also in Korea so I lined up for Nagi. It was a better experience than I expected. I'm not really her fan, though I have nothing against her. She asked if I studied Japanese on my own and seemed impressed. She's very easy to talk to so I'm looking forward to trying her again.
    (6) Seina - Don't honestly recall this experience and I marked it pretty low so I think we just didn't click.
    (7) Onishi (3 tickets) - I don't think she remembered me from the previous month, but I can't be certain. I congratulated her on ranking in and said I was in Nagoya and was really happy I got to see her rank in. She said she cried a lot. Once again very easy to talk to and makes conversation so the burden isn't only on you. I told her that her new short hair was cute. She asked me if I liked it long or short. I said that I prefer it long, and she said to wait for it to grow out again.
    (7) Yuiyui - Remembered me from the previous month. She's a real pro. Her line is always packed so it's really amazing that she remembered me, considering how many people she meets. I congratulated her on her rank and said she will definitely get senbatsu next year. She was really happy and said she'll work hard.
    (8) Megu - Another kind of unimpressive experience. She's really pretty but I put it down as a kind of unpleasant experience. Like Seina, I think we just didn't click.

8/11 Chiba (Only had a few tickets for this day since I knew I wasn't going to be able to get to Tokyo until after noon)
    (4) Morishita Maiha (3 tickets) - Same deal as before - all tickets are winners for her lane. I got three 2 shots. She changed up the poses and used some props. It was cute. She leaned really close to me when we were doing the two shots, closer than any other member has. Recognized me of course and was happy/surprised to see me. Asked if I'm living in Japan now and I told her I was and what prefecture I live in. I live in a pretty unpopular/lesser known place so she was pretty surprised.
    (5) Miu (T8) - This was really weird. It's 100% my fault, I know, but it was really awkward. She's not my oshi or anything but I was completely tongue tied and I think she just didn't know what to make of me. I introduced myself and that's basically it.
    (5) Yuuna - Really cool and easy to talk to. After Miu I was expecting this one to be really bad, too (They're both some of the prettiest members, in my opinion), but it wasn't. Yuuna is really friendly.
    (6) Nojima Kano - I won a 2 shot with her. She's really cute and friendly. Didn't have much time to chat since the picture took all my time, but she tried to talk to me in English as I was being dragged away. I will definitely get a ticket for her for a future event.
    (7) Ogiyuka - Definitely did not remember me, but I can't blame her. She's friendly and energetic and fun. They were doing the janken prelims and her team had just lost so I told her it was too bad and she agreed and said she really wanted to compete in the tournament.
    (7) Okappa - Remembered me. I really like her.
    -Maho- I didn't have a ticket for her, but when I was waiting in line for either Ogiyuka or Okappa, Maho was in the next lane and had an empty line. She looked directly at me and started hamming it up. She's really goofy and funny. She was looking at me long enough that I felt kinda embarrassed and looked away cause I'm a shy/awkward person. She's good at her job. I'll buy a ticket for her next time.
    (8) Onishi (5 tickets) - won two 2 shots. I asked her to choose the poses so we did a hand heart and then one where she got super close to the camera. She remembered me this time and as always is really easy to talk to. I told her that I've been too busy at work and was sad that I'd been missing her SR streams.

9/1 Nagoya (Tons of members were sharing lanes this event which is pretty intimidating for me. It negatively affected some of my experiences. I did a bunch of oshimashis so my notes are not totally accurate and they're out of order, I've marked the slot with a ? if I don't remember when it was).
    (1) Onishi (3 tickets) - Recognized me immediately. She said she wants to learn English. I told her I visited Nara last month - I guess she didn't know how to respond or maybe I wasn't clear, cause her response was a little strange. She then asked where I'm living and I told her and she was surprised. She asked how I came to the handshake event, but I didn't understand the one of the words she used so I was a bit confused but she patiently clarified. I told her I took a night bus and she was kind of shocked.
    (1) Hama - Waved at me when she saw me in line. Definitely remembered me from July, which surprised me. I told her I watched her on Kansai Hakusho and that she's really funny. She was with Ayane and one other member I don't remember.
    (2) Ruka - Ruka is really friendly and although I only had time to introduce myself it was a good experience. She asked where I'm from.
    (4) Ayane - My ticket for her was for slot 2 but I used it during slot 4 because I wanted to see her when she wasn't sharing a lane with Hama. She's very cute. I told her her outfits are always cute and she thanked me. I forget who she was with during this slot.
    (4) Morishita Maiha - Only had one ticket for her this time so it was pretty quick. She greeted me by my SR name as soon as she saw me and introduced the member she was sharing a lane with and told me she's from the same prefecture I live in now. I apologized for not being able to watch her SR recently. My time was up so I got dragged away. As I was walking away I could hear Maiha telling the other member about me.
    (4) Hattsu - Tried to give her another shot and this one was just as awkward if not more so than the first time. She's adorable but I probably won't meet her again. I have a ticket for her next month that I'll probably use to meet somebody new.
    (?) Erii - I had a ticket for Cho but she missed the 3rd slot and none of her other slots were available for oshimashi so I met Erii since I missed her in July. Erii was with 2 members I don't know. I introduced myself and said I liked watching her SR. She's cute and tall. She wears too much makeup.
    (5) Ikumin - I don't think she remembered me. I told her I liked her new hair color. She was with Nanase who joked and said it was the same as my hair color.
    (5) Yokoyui - I really like Yokoyui but I didn't have anything to say to her so it wasn't a great experience. My fault, naturally. She's friendly and cute. I don't think she remembered me.
    (6) Hiichan - I can't remember what I said to her other than introducing myself. She just stared at me so we just stared awkwardly at each other for the remainder of the time.
    (6) Kocchan - I saw her when I first met Hama and they were sharing a lane, and she's really pretty. I introduced myself to her and she asked me where I was from. I said I'm American and she said I'm cool. She's really easy going.
    (6) Mai - My ticket for her was for slot 8 but I was exhausted so I used it early. I introduced myself and said I watch her on SR. She thanked me. She's really cute but not as engaging as I expected considering her reputation.
    (7) Goto Moe - Unremarkable. I introduced myself and said I watch her SR stream. She didn't have anything to say and I had nothing else to say so we stared at each other for a few seconds and then it was time to go.
    (7) Miu - Last time wasn't a fluke. For some reason I am 100% incapable of talking to Miu. I tried and failed.
    (7) Yuuna - I was nervous about this one because I had had a couple rough slots so far that day. I decided to just ask her to recommend food to eat in Gifu. She got really excited and engaged. Way easier to talk to than Miu.

Well, those are my experiences so far this year. Your own personality plays a pretty big part in how well handshakes go. I have the best time with members who engage me and ask questions and say things themselves. I'm not a super talkative guy even in my native language. I think a lot of girls just assume I can't understand Japanese at all and don't say anything after I've said whatever I planned on saying. My original plan was to work my way through most members, but I may not actually do that as I now see how painful some encounters can be if you don't have something specific to say to each girl and there are only a handful of members that I know well enough to do that with. I'm going to handshakes in October and December so I'll post those experiences, in better detail, after the fact. I'm recording this for myself as much as anything, as writing this up helps me to determine which members I want to make "regulars" as I continue to meet new members.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
  6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    @tuxedo_gin I was interested to read about your encounter with Macharin, exactly her same reaction happened to me. My Chinese is even more limited than my Japanese so for a moment I thought I might have made a mistake but it was soon clear she was just surprised to see a westerner speaking Mando. Still nice to meet her though!

• Like Like x 3
  7. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    this was the most heartwarming story I read in 2018

• Like Like x 1
  8. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

Sailor Moon The Super Live - Musical Note team shonichi

(Kasai Tomomi is Sailor Moon, so it's relevant I swear! [hehe]) This report is a more condensed version of my tumblr report, so it's more Chiyuu focussed.

September 7th (first performance, musical note team)
    Place: Aiia Theatre
    Placement: Row 8, Seat 32 (first row, second block, roughly middle)

Show part
    As a quick cast comparison, personally I like this group’s vocals. I haven’t checked but they probably are more musically trained. Chiyuu was an idol for six years or so, and is still continuing her solo career, so it’d kinda make sense if the note team was made of those with a musical background. I did think the vocals were a bit more towards “we’re senshi” side; the heart team was more “we’re teenagers who moonlight as senshi” type vocals (lighter? I guess? Higher pitched?). However, all of the vocals were a lot more stable in this team, with none of the mic issues etc of heart team.

Kasai as Moon was AMAZING! The other Moon stuck to the script, but Kasai kept adding in natural sound? I guess? She made the dialogue flow more, by adding a few extra words or cried more or whatever. It made it seem less like a play, and more real. She definitely got the dreamy side of Usagi down, and she held the confidence of Moon against Beryl, which I adored. She was honestly the perfect Usagi and I’m so glad she was able to have this opportunity. If this is released on dvd (note, no camera at shonichi or tonight, but there was a camera for the last show of heart team), I hope they release a version with her team <3

The only mistake came from Tuxedo Mask. He couldn’t get the veil into Usagi’s hair. In the end he was like ‘well who cares lmao’ and put it on one of the horses lmaoooo Oops, sorry, another lie. Moon accidentally turned the moon rod on for a brief second. I still think the rod should have been painted so it wasn’t as ugly and it should have been kept on tbh. Overall, it was a flawless performance.

As for the differences in the performance, apart from Usagi being more vocal in the best way’s possible, it was essentially the same show. There was still no dialogue from the leaving students, though Haruna stamped her feet, in what I’m assuming is a “Usgai get your butt out of this classroom NOW” type thing. Shame, because that bit of ‘see you’ ‘oh we have homework’ type thing did the same as Usagi – make it more human and natural.

I’m going to be biased and say my favourite part was when Usagi runs through the audience at the start yelling that she’s late. I currently have blue hair, so I stick out, and I was right where she runs past. When she’s running, she talks to a few audience members. Standing out, she pointed at my necklace.

“Wow! That necklace is cute! How much was it?”
    Me: -doing my best goldfish impression because Kasai Tomomi si ridiculously cute in person and talking to me?????-
    “WOW! A million dollars?! EXPENSIVE!”

She then ran off, remembering she was late. (All of this was in Japanese.)

So considering she was the reason I came, I more than feel like I got my money’s worth from this show XD

Song part
    The crowd was really interesting. A lot of the crowd was male, and there for Tomomi (a lot of female fans were too). However, a lot of the dudes had no idea what Sailor Moon was meant to be about (beside magical girl) so while waiting before the show (which started 15 minutes late? Everyone was getting low key annoyed) and after, waiting for the high touch, a lot of girls were trying to explain to these middle aged business men what the show was about. So shout out to the Sailor Moon community for being cool with new people coming into the fandom, even if it is for just a moment.

High Touch
    The line up was Jupiter, Mercury, Mask, Moon, Mars, Venus.

I barely had any time with Jupiter, but she has a pretty smile so who cares. I told her today was great and she was happy with that. Mercury commented that we had the same colour hair so I stan her for life now. She’s so cute! Mask remembered me from the other day~ (I mean, how many blue haired foreigners have come to see the show?? ;;;) There was a little bit of a hold up, so I was able to hold her hand~ I told her today was amazing and I’d continue to support her, and the returning smile I got killed me.

Tomomi also remembered me! “Oh! It’s you from earlier!” Again, told her it was great and I’d support her. She looks so good as Moon? Like, really natural. I forgot how short she was tho ;; She’s a good 12cm shorter than me lol

Tonight I got Mars as my bookmark thing, so I’m super happy! Overall, this experience was fun! Tonight was an amazing night, and Chiyuu did such a great job as Moon, so I’m sure by closing night she had it seriously nailed. The whole three times were great fun, and I had debated getting a forth ticket. Not only is that slight overkill, but the rest of the shows were only giving goods away, so not worth it. But a great night was had and I’d highly recommend the show. Go see them in France if you can!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    AKB48-Group 'Sentimental Train' Individual Handshake Event at Makuhari Messe (2018/09/24)

Since it had been over two months since I last attended an AKB handshake event, I was really looking forward to this event. Granted, I did attend SKE and HKT in August, but even those were over a month ago.

I had eleven tickets in total, with a couple for members I have only rarely interacted with in the past. This event also had various prize draws. I didn't have any 2-shot selfie tickets, but I did have a few 1-shots, various signed items, and two 'janken' tickets. I was also surprised that most of the lanes I visited had unusually long queues. I mean sometimes it is to be expected, but there were a few surprises. Most of my ticket were between Slots 4-7, but I had to get to Makuhari in the morning since I had two tickets for Slot 2. I arrived 15 minutes into the slot, and quickly got my tickets stamped. In the meantime I ran into my friend Nory who arrived on the same train. In fact I ran into quite a few overseas fans throughout the day, and I spent most of the day hanging out with my friend David.

Slot 2

Kobayashi Ran (Lane 70) Wow, look at the big queue! In past singles you could walk straight to the booth to visit Ran-chan. I had two tickets, but decided to do them simultaneously since I wasn't sure if I would have time to loop the lane. I checked in still expecting that I would win the prize, but I lost both times. Ran-chan had the flag from her Janken Unit 'Hinaran' taped to the wall in the booth. I told her that I hadn't seen her lately because I kept getting bad cancel machi numbers, to which she responded by asking my name and confirmed that I live in Japan. I realized I had never told her any of that before. We'll see if she remembers my name the next time I see her. I will be pleasantly surprised if she does.

Since I had no tickets for Slot 3 I went back toward the train station for lunch. When I returned I decided to sign a few birthday cards, and one graduation card. Ultimately I signed birthday cards for Maichan, Ranchan, and Katsumata Saori. There was also a Kaotan graduation card table, so I signed a card there too.

Slot 4

Sato Kaho (Lane 33) When I arrived she still had a bit of a queue left over from Slot 3 since she was taking her sweet time signing whever prize everyone had won. After that she took a short break, so she didn't even begin the slot until around 25 minutes in. I was fairly close to the front of the queue, so it wouldn't take too long for my turn. While I was in queue I kept spying Ego-chan, who was in the next lane over. I noticed a few times she noticed me watching her too. Anyway, when it was my turn I reminded her that I was at a Team E show last month, for which she thanked me for coming, and then I mentioned I liked her unit because the costume is sexy. She was like "Sexy, yeah!" LOL

hsevent4.jpg
    Kaho, with Sugiyama Aika

Yamane Suzuha (Lane 69) In the meantime Zunchan's queue had grown quite long. But it was my only other ticket for Slot 4. Per usual, she had her "bio" sign taped to the front of the lane. Inside she had a few decorations, and a big sign talking about the new single, and her participation in the Showroom senbatsu. I also noticed her hair was a bit different, so I asked her if she had darkened her hair. She was like "Huh?" "Your hair, isn't it darker?" "Uhhh, yeah!" So I told her it was cute, and she thank me.

Another thing I noticed throughout the day was that many of the guards were calling supervisors for assistance. I'm sure they do it all the time, but it was very noticeable since I guess they were instructed to raise their hands if they needed an issue addressed. I know in one particular case a guy who won the 2-shot selfie was insisting that a guard take the photo, ala the 2-shot album events. I also heard that someone in the Yabuki Nako thread got angry when they lost the draw for the prize, so security needed to intervene.

Slot 5

Komiyama Haruka (Lane 75) Finally, I had a Komiharu ticket, and actually planned to use it! And for the first time all day, I had won the prize, which in this case was a 1-shot video. However, I would he to wait a while before I could meet her due to a series of errors by the guards. It was quite comical...

We were waiting in the queue, and one of the supervisors came over and informed us we were moving to another lane, which was odd since this was Komiharu's lane, and there was no issue from the previous slot. So they moved us to Lane 69 (where I had just seen Zunchan) We stood there for 10 minutes while a series of guards came over looking thoroughly confused. Eventually they announced that they had made a mistake and were taking us back to the original lane. However, in the interim another queue had formed in that lane. They put us at the end of the queue, and people immediately started complaining. After all, we were originally in front of the line. So th took the new queue out of the lane, put us in front, and put hem behind us, which annoyed and confused those people. Ugghh.

if the video does not show watch the video here

So I had decided on the fashion show, which with the benefit of hindsight wasn't the best choice. Not that it isn't a good video, she looks really good. But since I had never really spoken to her before I should've had her talk instead. Actually, I would have just assumed not win this particular prize and instead spend my time talking to her. However, they did give me enough time to mention that I had met her during 'high touch' a couple of times in the past, and that I really wanted to meet and talk to her. So all good. BTW, I know she supposedly can speak decent English, but she stuck with Japanese for our visit.

hsevent2.jpg

Yamauchi Mizuki (Lane 87) As expected, her queue was quite long, and again I lost the draw. While I was waiting in queue the MV for the 80-100 ranked member song came on, which is probably my favorite song of the single. When it was my turn, I lamented that 'Macarons,' her janken unit, was eliminated too quickly. She gave me a sheepish look. Then I told her how much I liked the "Nami ga" song. Zukki is always a pleasure to visit.

In between slots I decided to pick up a couple versions of the new single. I went with A and D (forgoing Yukachan's unit on version C) Plus, the CDs came with shop bonuses and random bonus pics. The photos were of Dasu, Sakura, Yui, and the two I got, Naachan and Ogino. Eventually I will need to get a C version or I will never be able to look Yukachan the face again!

IMG_9710.jpg

Slot 6

Sakaki Miyu [Cuca] (Lane 61) The lane was delayed because Imamura Mitsuki went overtime, but they eventually moved her remaining queue to another lane. Cuca's queue was short in the beginning of the slot, but grew huge toward the end, and she wasn't starred for oshi-mashi either. Quite a surprise. In this slot you played Janken with the member for a signed card. I tied (we both threw choki) so I ended up with an unsigned ticket. But I had time to mention that I was rooting for Butai de Tai during the janken, and they came close to winning their group.

hsevent6.jpg

Murakawa Bibian (Lane 49) My friend David and I planned on going tandem for this lane, so I waited for him to show up before we queued together. Bibian's line was huge, and moving at a snail's pace, although we didn't realize why until we got closer to the front. Bibian's queue has been long for the last couple of singles, so I think it's time to begin giving her multiple slots again. One just isn't enough. While we were waiting we had a clear view into Tashima Meru's lane, and a fairly decent view into Madoka's lane. It was fun watching Meru, as she is very playful with her fans. This was David's first time meeting Bibian, and he was taken with how playful and fun she seemed to be with all the fans.

hsevent3.jpg

As we got closer to the front of the queue we noticed pretty much everyone seemed to be winning the signed Janken card with Bibian. So I decided to watch her, and quickly noticed that she was throwing 'rock' over and over. Well okay, if she is going to make it THAT easy. I went in, threw 'paper' and won. There were three different versions you could choose if you won, and I selected the one that looked kinda like a diploma. While she was signing Bibian admitted to me that she has been practicing English with the aid of an iPhone app. She was timid about it, but she was actually telling me this with fairly decent English. I mentioned that I take Japanese classes, and it is very hard, especially the kanji. She acted completely surprised that I took kanji classes, and mentioned her name has difficult kanji. I countered that her last name isn't difficult at all.

hsevent5.jpg

Slot 7

Matsumura Kaori (Lane 23) After the dinner break, I decided to queue early for Kaotan. However before I could I had to wait for 1) Obamina to come out and make a 'thank you' speech to her fans for voting her into senbatsu. I had a pretty good vantage point for that, and 2) the Furuhata Nao fans to finish waving goodbye to her. Once they were done we were allowed to queue. While we were waiting, a few of the members passed by the lane, including Tani, who I had to hide from since I didn't have any tickets for her today. Eventually Kaotan came out. She had the staff reconfigure her booth, wiped down the counter, and grabbed a new water before she was finally ready to begin. "Kaotan, Soutsugyou Kita!" I told her some of my friends were asking if I was okay after she made the announcement. But I told her I supported her decision. She mentioned that there will be more handshake events before she leaves (I didn't ask her about a date) to which I informed her I would see her at the SKE event in a couple weeks.

Akiyoshi Yuka (Lane 48) <2-tickets> Like with Bibian, I had planned to tandem this lane with David, but he was in another queue in the opposite side of the venue. I decided to use my first ticket alone. In the meantime my friend Jeff, who posted on Stage48 for a short time, joined me in the queue. So it looked like I would be doing two "Kaigai Tandem" visits with Yukachan. Also, we both won the prize, which was an autographed "Alternate CD Jacket."

hsevent1.jpg
    Jeff's and my CD jackets

I told her that it had been too long since our last visit, and I was happy to see her again. I then informed her I would be bringing another friend when I looped the queue. In the meantime David had gone to yet another lane, and another. He was in danger of missing out on Yukachan entirely. I was messaging him "Don't make me a liar, I already told her you are coming, and giving him a time countdown. He finally finished visiting Kitano Ruka, and ran over to Yukachan's lane with about a minute to spare. This time I didn't win the jacket, which was fine, and David won, which was even better. Anyway, I told her about my upcoming trip to Sadogashima next weekend.

So I was done. I agreed to wait for David to finish his one Slot 8 ticket with Mukaichi Mion before we left Makuhari and went to dinner. It was a long day and my feet hurt. I have tickets to two handshake events in October, one for SKE, and the other for AKB's Teacher Teacher Single.

As for the handshake lane prizes, somewhat under-par from what I am used to. I won 3 of 11, including the 'rigged' janken with Bibian. I think my biggest surprise/disappointment was getting skunked in Ran-chan's lane. But hopefully i will have better luck in November when her lane offers the 1-shot video/2-shot selfie prize.

• Like Like x 10
  10. Boma Adhi

Boma Adhi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    松井珠理奈、小田えりな、茂木忍、瀧野由美子、森保まどか
    Sorry for the long delay.. Too busy IRL. Reporting only the JKT/BNK session.

On 9/24 I went to AKB48 handshakes in Makuhari Messe. But, there was something unusual yesterday. Stefi from JKT48 and Mobile from BNK48 had a free handshake session on the 4th session, lane# 85. Both shared a single lane. Unlike the usual shared lane at individual handshake in which you should choose whom you like to shake hand with, this was done in national handshake mode, which you spend few seconds in front of each member. In this particular occasion, they gave you 10 sec (longer than the 3-5 sec at the usual national handshakes) for each of the girls, for free (you still need a valid ticket to enter the venue tho). Some of Japanese JKT48 fans borrowed our tickets to enter the venue (they are JKT48 fans so they don't usually buy AKB handshake ticket).

Before the 4th session started, since the 3rd session, quite a lot of fans formed a 3 fold lines in front of the lane (they couldn't make a queue inside the actual lane since the # 85 lane was Yuiri's lane on the 3rd session, the JKT BNK lane borrowed her lane while she was taking a break). There are some Japanese JKT48 fans handed out flyers about what to say to the girls (the girls couldn't speak Japanese properly, so..). They (or she, yes, a female fans), enthusiastically explained to every incoming fans regarding JKT48 and such.

JPEG_20180924_142643.jpg

Because I was relatively free during the 4th session (I only got a member to meet on that particular session), I decided to visit their lane. I went with a fellow Indonesian (that legendary Naachan oshi). She only has a member to see on the 4th session as well, so we decided to go together. Both girls share a single lane. Unlike a normal kobetsu handshake event (which it was one), fans could see both girls (national handshake style), 10 sec for Stefi, 10 sec for Mobile.

First loop:
    Stefi>>

My friend went in first and said that both of us came from indonesia.
    Me: (Indonesian) Hi. I'm from Indonesia..
    Stefi: Thank you. Who is your oshi?
    Me: Jurina and Odaeri. Did you talked already with Odaeri? (as Odaeri said she talked with her)
    Stefi:... (cannot grasp my word. she didn't seem comfortable with the fast paced handshake event in Japan. The handshake session in Indonesia is much slower paced than this one.)
    Me: Bye..

Music>>
    I wondered which language should I use to talk to her.. So..
    Me: (Japanese) Hi.. I'm from Indonesia..
    Mobile: ....
    Me: (English) I am from Indonesia..
    Mobile: (English) Wow.. Thank you..
    Mobile: Bye..

I went to Noza's lane using an oshimashi ticket. She asked me whether I met Stefi already or not, and I said yes. Then I went back to Stefi/Mobile lane again.

Second loop:
    Stefi>>
    This time I was alone, my friend went to another girl.
    Me: (Indonesian) Hi again.. I talked to Odaeri recently, she said you were her neighbor during the flight..
    Stefi: .... (confused)
    Me: ....
    Hagashi: (time out)
    Stefi: (still couldn't grasp the situation.. seemed it was too fast for her.)

Mobile>>
    Me: (Japanese) What's your favorite Japanese food?
    Mobile: ...
    Me: (Japanese, a simple one) Favorite food, what is it?
    Mobile: ...
    Me: bye..

Third loop:
    Stefi>>
    Me: (Indonesian, repeated my question) Hi again.. I talked to Odaeri recently, she said you were neighbor during the flight..
    Stefi: Oh.. I was alone during the flight..
    Me: Ah.. I see.. Bye..
    Stefi: Bye..
    (hence my confusion on Odaeri handshake report)
    Read the report here

Mobile>>
    Me: (English) What's your favorite food?
    Mobile: Food? (confused)
    Me: (Japanese) Food..
    Mobile: (Japanese, while gesturing a bowl and chopstick) Ahh.. Food..
    Me: ...
    Mobile: Bye..

After the 3rd loop, the lane was already closed. By the closing time the queue wasn't that long already. There were still some fans lining up yet the queue was not overflowing.

Conclusion: They were fun for one or two tickets. Language barrier was really the problem. Even with Stefi, whom I can talk in my own language, the fast pace of akb zenshu style handshake confused her so much. She couldn't understand my word, which was in our native language.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 4
  11. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    AKB48 Idol Shugyou Chuu! Stage (2018/10/05)

After getting skunked throughout September with three really high cancel machi numbers, I finally got a cancel machi with a number low enough to give me a decent chance to get in. However, it was not a given that I would win. I periodically checked the cancellation count throughout the day. It was slow going at first, but ballooned to over 30 in the last couple hours before the show. In the meantime, I had arrived in Akihabara a bit early, and spent 90 minutes having cocktails and hors d'oeuvres at The Hub behind the UDX building. Eventually I made my way to the theater. I decided to use one of the lockers to store my stuff, which technically you aren't supposed to do unless you have already won. However, I hate having to scramble to store my bags at the last minute, and I was reasonably confident of my chances.

The cancel machi call began, and there didn't seem to be any no-shows. All of a sudden my chances didn't look so good after all. In the meantime, there was a random guy pacing around the ticketing area. Staff kept telling him to move over to where we were standing, but he kept saying that he already won. "Okay, where is your ticket?" "I'm looking for it" as he continued to fiddle with his phone. "No, your paper ticket?" There was something really off about the guy, but I am bringing this up because it eventually becomes important...

So they stopped the initial cancel machi at #48. I had #64. Since they normally let 10 more people in for the last chance cancel machi round, I knew there would need to be six no-shows in front of me or I wouldn't be getting in. In the meantime, another late-comer arrived with a winning email, make that seven no-shows needed for me to get in. The call resumed, and I was counting the people as it got closer to my number. At #62 there was one spot left, I just needed #63 to not be there. They didn't show up, I was next. The last person called, score-a-rooni! A couple minutes later the strange guy located his email. It turned out he had actually won the show, and if he had located his email before I had been called, I wouldn't have gotten in at all. So I was really lucky. In the meantime I saw @Tuhis hanging out by the rear lockers. His number was much higher than mine, so unfortunately he didn't get in. I saw him leave a short time later, so I don't know if he participated in the "hashi draw" for High Touch or not. Anyway...

kks3.jpg

By the skin of my teeth, this would be my 47th Theater Show, and my 6th time seeing Idol Chugyou Chu! A few of the 16th gen/draftee 'heavy hitters' were not present, specifically Yahagi, Inagaki, and Orin. But I didn't care since I was going to see Ranchan.....and Zunchan! Since I was going to relegated to the back of the theater, I could cheer for both of them without fear of instigating any jealousy. In the meantime, that strange guy got all excited that he was encountering a foreigner, and insisted on talking to me, loudly, in English, the entire time we were in queue. I don't know why, but for my entire life I have always been a "weirdo magnet" and it drives me crazy. I found an open spot on the far right that wasn't a horrible vantage point, and much to my disappointment the dude followed me all the way over there. Grreeaaat......

The show started with a Zenza Girls performance of Ookami to Pride, although I had no idea who the two girls were who performed it. (As @hermionepj1 mentioned below, it was the two overseas temporary members, Steffi and Mobile) They are on the group photo below, if someone wants to help me out. Being so far in back, I probably missed a lot of the little nuances of the show, although I was happy to see that Zunchan was close to the center for much of it. I was also really excited about her performance in Blue Rose. Adding Zunchan to that unit is to me just awesome, next level stuff. I would say my all-time favorite lineup, no offense to my precious Meetan, but I think Sorachan. Hitomin, an now Zunchan are all perfect. As for Ranchan, per usual she was on the opposite side from where I was standing for a lot of the show. But I was sure to yell her name as loud as I could, and as much as I could. I caught her craning her head to look to the back a few times, so I think she did spot me eventually. Oh, and more weird stuff was going on inside the theater...

kks2.jpg

The staff were working overtime reprimanding people. At first I thought maybe they were getting more strict. But there was a guy standing a ways in front of me who insisted on dancing. They came over to tell him to stop three times. Each time he would stop for like 30 seconds, and then start right up again. Then there was another guy going a bit crazy with the lightsticks, so they had to tell him to calm down. Oh, and the weird dude was told to lower his voice, and he continued trying to talk to me throughout the show. Anyway, the show eventually ended, but not before they sang the KKS/3rd Gen Draftee version of Sentimental Train. It isn't a bad song, but not the most memorable either...

After that it was time for 'High Wave'. After the front row, my area was called next. I was worried what would happen if Zunchan and Ranchan were positioned close together, but thankfully they were on opposite ends of the line. Of course I got an excellent greeting from Ranchan, and she followed me long enough to have a quick interaction where I asked if she could hear me cheering for her. But I also got great reactions from a number of members, including Kana, Tacchan, Kurumin, Hitomin, Steffi, and especially Honda Sora, which kinda surprised me. Although I have seen this stage so many times, I guess you could consider me at least a semi-regular. I mean Tacchan has tried to fish me for a while, and Kanachan fishes everyone, but at was a first for me and Sorachan. In any case, I was so interested in who would react to me next that when I got to Zunchan I was sorta caught off-guard. She was like "Ehhh???"" But I got pushed by staff just as I tried to respond. In fact, I technically didn't even acknowledge the last two girls.

From there I took off to buy the group photo, and one of the Janken photo sets for a friend who requested it. I considered getting the Hinaran set for myself, but remembered that I don't really collect pics anymore, despite having thousands of them, LOL.

kks1.jpg

The bummer is that my win tonight probably decimated my chances to win Ranchan's birthday stage on Monday, but I will still apply and hope for the best. In the meantime we have an SKE48 handshake event at Makuhari tomorrow, where I will get to congratulate Tani on all the new stuff going on for her. Plus, more fun with Kaotan, and a few other members. It should be a lot of fun.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    so you were really the last person before the cut off, that’s lucky!
    great review as always, and the girls doing ookami to pride are steffi from jkt48 and mobile from bnk, they are doing a one month transfer, like sayaya in jkt48.

• Like Like x 4
  13. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    10/7 Individual Handshake @ Intex Osaka
    This may be the worst venue I've been to for a handshake event. There were three halls spread across 2 floors (1st and 3rd floor) so you had to take two very long escalators to move between floors. One of the halls had food trucks in it, which they've been doing recently and is a good idea, but one of them was doing BBQ meat and the entire hall was full of smoke and the smells got kind of annoying. I felt bad for the members stuck in that hall, and of course their fans who had to spend most of the day there. I forget which groups were in there - two of either SKE, NMB, or HKT. Anyway, fortunately I only had to go in that hall twice. Also, there was no seating anywhere inside the security check at this venue. Some venues have limited seating, some have pretty decent seating available. Being on your feet for 10-11 hours is pretty rough - only choices were go in and out of security all day long and try to find an open bench outside the venue or sit on the ground, which many people were doing.

I was not at my best - I had a rough couple weeks at work and the typhoon threatened to make it impossible for me to go to Osaka. It took me three times longer than it should have (and probably around three times more money, too) to make it to Osaka. So, I was exhausted and off my game, not that I'm the best conversationalist to begin with. This time I went with mostly girls I'd previously met. The only two I met for the first time at this event were Bibian and Hongo Yuzuha

(1) Macharin (2 tickets) - She didn't seem to remember me from July. She was once again super shocked at a white guy speaking Chinese, but she actually talked this time instead of standing in stunned silence the whole time like last time. She was really excited when I said I had studied Chinese in Taiwan, and got even more excited when I said I had lived in Taichung. She said that was her hometown and I said I knew that. She was really, really happy. I think she's genuinely one of the sweetest girls in 48G right now and I'll probably make a point to visit her every time I go to a HS event. She comes off as honestly appreciative of fans and seems just happy to be living the life she's living.

(1) Hama - She remembered me. I told her that her hair is cute and we went back and forth on that. She said I had been coming often recently and thanked me. I love Hama.

(2) Mahoho - I bought a ticket for her because back in July(?) I had seen her from another member's lane while her lane was empty, and she was goofing around. She made eye contact with me and pulled some funny faces and was really cute. So, I got a ticket. I won a signed photo this time around. I don't actually know anything about her and I didn't have enough time to explain why I'd come to see her, plus she's very pretty so I was a bit tongue tied. She asked how long I've been in Japan and when I said a year she acted surprised and said my Japanese was really good. I said it definitely is not good but she insisted that it is. I didn't feel too much of a connection but she's nice, and very pretty, so I may see her again.

(2) Shimizu Maria (3 tickets)- I don't think she remembered me from July, and I honestly was a little disappointed about that. I won two signed photos. She signed faster than most of the other girls I'd seen, so the time went pretty fast. She asked where I was from and why I'm living in Japan. She nodded knowingly when I said I just wanted to live abroad. One of the things I like most about Maria is that she's really casual and genuine. She's cool but not in an intimidating way. She's a real girl next door kind of idol, and doesn't come off as fake at all. I'll get tickets for her again in the future. She's easy to talk to, even for an introvert like me.

(3) Cho - I wiffed this one. Cho is very cute and pretty but is not super personable, so it's a bit awkward. She's sweet, but hard to make any kind of connection since we're both kind of introverted and she probably prefers to just listen at handshakes. I like the members that are really talkative.

(3) Nagi - Don't think she remembered me. I said I always watch her Showroom streams. She thanked me. She asked if Japan was fun and I said it was, and that was the end of my time. Not as good as the first time I'd met her - she was much more talkative then.

(3) Mishima Haruka (STU) - She was sharing a lane with Maiha last month, and Maiha introduced her to me, so I thought I'd give her a try. She definitely didn't recognize me at first, when I said I met her last month with Maiha, but after I introduced myself a bit she suddenly got really excited and kept saying she remembers. She's really cool.

(3) Hana - Saved her for last on this session and her line was insane. It ended up going well over the end of the session and they were rushing people through at around 5-6 seconds each. I greeted her and said her earrings were cute and she said come see her again. She obviously didn't remember me but I'm not surprised with how popular she is and how long it'd been. She's a real pro. Bright, cheerful smile, even when going longer than most of the other members without a break. She's a good girl.

(4) Ogiyuka - I love Ogiyuka. I almost stopped getting tickets for her because I figure it would be near impossible to be remembered by her with how popular she is. I'm glad I saw her again, though. She's so cute and she loves being an idol. I told her that both her center singles are the best. She was really happy. She asked where I'm from and I said America but living in Japan now. She said my Japanese is good and I insisted that it isn't. I left happy. She's cheerful and sweet. I'll probably see her again because I can't imagine having a bad experience in her lane.

(4) Okappa - Okappa is always super cute. For someone that has a reputation as being strange, she's surprisingly easy to talk to. She always has a compliment ready. She's a good girl. She said she remembered me but I'm not 100% sure she did.

(5) Bibian - Finally met her after missing her before when she was in Korea. She's cute and friendly. I'll need to try again. Nothing really special - I miss her trademark hair. I really like her so I hope it'll be more fun if I continue visiting her.

(5) Morishita Maiha (3 tickets) - This is the first time that I've had to press the lottery buttons, so I guess she's getting popular enough to not be an auto-win anymore (or else her lane was busier than usual because her birthday was two days before). I had something I had planned to say to her but in the end I kinda just hung out and watched her sign my two photos. She asked me if I'd had lunch yet (I hadn't) and she said she was hungry. I walked away a little disappointed. She wasn't as cheerful as she normally has been, but I can't blame her cause I was tired and out of it myself.

(6) Zukki - I won a 2 shot with Zukki. I don't think she remembered me since she seemed really surprised that she had a foreigner in her lane. She's like a doll - really pretty and her hair/face are always perfect.

(6) Emiri - Didn't remember me. She changed her hair again so I commented on that. She asked where I'm from. She's really friendly. I'll likely visit her again.

(6) Miu (oshimashi) - I hadn't planned on meeting Miu again, but I wasn't satisfied with how terribly I'd done the previous times I'd met her. But, I had a ticket for Hattsu and decided to try Miu again instead, but both my previous meetings with Hattsu were unbearably awkward. I was able to actually talk to Miu this time, which I'll count as a win. I don't know what it is about her but I find her very intimidating. She's obviously very pretty, but I guess she's not as friendly as some of the other pretty members, so she is kind of hard to talk to. She's a bit cold. I'm not sure her spike in popularity from P48 will help that any.

(6) Hongo Yuzuha - I almost forgot I had this ticket. It was with my slot 7 tickets for some reason and I didn't notice it until the absolute last minute. I made it right as they were closing off the lane, and I'm glad I did. She's very cute and real nice. Didn't have much time to do more but introduce myself. I will definitely visit her again.

(7) Yuiyui - There wasn't much gathering room in front of Yuiyui's lane because there was a wall, so people couldn't line up in an orderly fashion before the lane opened. Turns out Yuiyui fans aren't the kindest bunch. There was some pushing and harsh words and multiple lines tried to fight for position. A fellow Onishi fan was kind enough to let me in front of him. Yuiyui is a really sweet girl. She's a real pro. She remembered me. Besides Maiha and Hama, I think she is the only girl that has always remembered me, which is surprising considering how popular she is. She pointed to my shirt and said "MOMO?" (I was wearing Onishi's shirt from the post-SSK bag - it's a simple and very low-key shirt that just says MOMO and a small symbol across the breast, no other words or images). I told her it was Onishi. Don't know why but I felt a little guilty after that - she obviously would have prefered I was wearing her shirt.:^^;: I told her that her shirt was really cute (it had cookies with smiley faces on the front) and she got excited and said it was a Country Ma'am shirt and turned around to show me the logo on the back. She's a really good girl. I went to her lane the first time because I figured I should try all the most popular members, but she's converted me. I'm a Yuiyui fan. I'll keep going back.

(7) Nojima Kano - She didn't remember me so she was surprised when I greeted her with 久しぶり. I told her we met about three months ago. She was wearing a beret and her ears were on display (they were hidden by her hair last time). I told her it was cute and she asked if I liked berets. I definitely do.

(7) Yokoyui - Didn't remember me. I really like her but I never have anything to say. I said I watch her showroom and insta, and that she's always very cute. She denied it, of course, but it's the truth. She's a sweet girl. I wish I had more to say to her.

(7) Onishi (3 tickets) - Bad luck at this event. Onishi and Maiha are my two favorite members and both meetings were not as great as previous ones. I saved Onishi for last since she's my kami. She's casual and really easy to talk to, like Maria. I wished her a belated happy birthday. She was happy, and she saw I was wearing her shirt. I told her I bought her photobook and that it's really great. She was being really humble about it, but I insisted that it was good. I won two signed posters so I only got about a second of actual handshake time. Probably would have been better if I hadn't won the posters - conversations are more meaningful when they aren't distracted by writing on photos. So, not our best interaction but she's my girl and I ended the day happy.

All said and done, I won one 2 shot and 7 signed pictures (from 4 different girls). I've been to 5 HS events this year (moved to Japan in May), and I've got one more planned in December - so 6 total.

• Like Like x 9
  14. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    How come you are so lucky with all those wins mate? Which button did you pressed?
    I lost all my gimmick session draw in Makuhari :cry: I'll write about it later on.

15. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Pro tip:

If you are in the Hidaritomo Ayaka lane just smash that Hidari button

https://twitter.com/otanao_ayaking/status/1048921318492528640

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  16. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    What Showroom streams?

17. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    She used to stream :(

I often just press the third button, but sometimes I just press randomly. I honestly don't think it matters. It's just statistics and luck. I wish I didn't hit multiple wins on the same girl so much. 3 of my 8 wins were doubles. I'd rather have had that luck go to other prizes. I don't need two of the exact same photo signed. Some girls are good and take their time and write a quick different message on each, but most it ends up the same.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  18. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    AKB48-Group 52nd Single "Teacher Teacher" Individual Handshake Event at Makuhari Messe (2018/10/21)

To be honest, I wasn't too excited for this event. Not only did I have Slot 1 tickets, which I hate leaving early for, but I had other plans I was hoping to do in the afternoon. This meant I would likely need to oshi-mashi some of my later tickets if I wanted to leave early. I woke up early enough, but then lounged around my apartment for a while, causing myself leave later than I had hoped. Then my train was late, causing me to miss a connection. I ultimately got to the venue past security with around two minutes left before the first slot closed. I had two tickets for the slot, which meant I had to make a decision. Who would I see? Actually, I had multiple tickets for both of the members, so it wasn't a big deal either way.

Also, the there was a very big crowd, which made walking around in the venue quite difficult, especially in the crossing hall between the two sides of the hall. There were doing so many activities and promotions in the middle that it caused a bottleneck between each side. This became even worse after slot three when the event is usually the busiest. Anyway, on to the handshakes...

Slot 1

Akiyoshi Yuka (Lane 86)
    It was either Yukachan or Zunchan, and I picked my top member...of course. The line was short, but I ended up being in the queue for over 30 minutes since there was a dude in front of me with over 100 tickets, and another guy with around 40. Ultimately it caused a few fans not to be able to use their tickets, but they let me stick around. Anyway, I told Yukachan the story about missing my train, and arriving very late, but I was happy to make it in time to use the ticket. Yukachan didn't have any starred lanes on this day, so it was either "use it or lose it."

At this point I had decided that 1) I was going to leave the venue as early as possible, and 2) to do that I was going to oshi-mashi a bunch of tickets. I wasn't sure who I would choose to see, and a lot of members I wanted to see didn't have starred lanes, but I would figure it out as the day progressed...

Slot 2

Oguma Tsugumi (Lane 136)
    I considered using this ticket for an oshi-mashi, but her line wasn't long, and I hadn't seen her for a while. Anyway, I had a story to tell her. When it was my turn in the booth she immediately exclaimed that she thought she remembered me, but wasn't sure. I told her I was the one who caught her ball a few months ago, which she then remembered. I told her that I had gone to Niigata for the first time three weeks ago, and even rode the Max-Toki. She asked how I liked it, but I had to tell her that the Typhoon came, and I had to return to Tokyo. She was like "Awwww" But I told her I would return if I could.

Sakaki Miyu [Cuca] (Lane 77) Cuca-chan was in one of those lanes with multiple people. She was grouped with Mineyoshi Arisa and Morishita Maiha. Cuca-chan was on the far right, and didn't seem to be getting much action, but then most of the people directly in front of me all had tickets for her. When it was my turn I first commented to the other two that I liked their Halloween costumes, and exclaimed that STU has a lot of cute members. I then asked Cuca where her Halloween costume was, and she sadly replied that she didn't wear any. Oops, I think perhaps I made her feel bad, as I noticed another fan asked her the same thing.

There was still plenty of time in the slot, so I could do some oshi-mashi. I decided to focus on 16th gen and AKB48 3rd gen draftees...

Suzuki Kurumi (Lane 49) <oshi-mashi of Zunchan ticket> Because this was a voting ticket event, there were very few *starred* lanes. This meant that any starred lanes were going to be insanely crowded and popular. There was a large group of people milling around the lane, and when they opened it for oshi-mashi there w a mad dash from every direction. I ended up being pretty far back, but they were processing people through as quickly as they could. While I was in queue I noticed the lane next to us also had a huge oshi-mashi crowd, and when I looked in the booth I noticed the girl had adorable cosplay on. Everyone seemed to be interested in her, and I heard a lot of people saying they were planning on heading to that lane afterward. I was thinking of visiting another lane, but this girl was really cute...

tt2.jpg

Finally it was my turn, and Kurumin gave me a big welcome. "You come to all the theater shows!" Yes I do, and I wanted to talk to you because I have seen how skillful you have become. I then asked her about her stuffed animal, which looked a lot like Zunchan's "Gabriel-kun." She told me its name, which sounded something like "Carolyn" as I started to get pushed out, but she kept her eyes on me and waved goodbye even as I was collecting my bag. In the meantime I had decided to not visit the lane I had originally planned (Sato Minami) and instead visit the cute girl in the next queue over...

Ishiwata Sena (Lane 50) <oshi-mashi of Rikopi ticket> At first I was questioning why I would want to visit a member I have virtually no connection with whatsoever, but then I realized I have actually seen her perform at the theater before. So at the very least I could talk with her about that. Also, she looks exactly like a younger version of Yuki Himeri, who is an indie idol (and former Kamen Joshi member) I am a big fan of. In the meantime, the longer I stood in line the more enamored with her I became. I wondered if she would become a permanent member of my handshake list. When my turn finally came I told her that I was her cosplay from a lane over, and wanted to meet her. I also mentioned that I had seen her in the theater before. She asked me something, but her voice was so low I couldn't hear her, so I just nodded affirmatively, and that was it. It was a slight letdown after I had built it up in my mind, but I have no regrets.

tt8.jpg

I had a few tickets for the third slot, which also had a lot of members I was considering for oshi-mashi. I would play it by ear...

Slot 3

Akiyoshi Yuka (Lane 86) <two tickets>
    I decided to use both of my Yuka-chan tickets in one go, so we would have time for a slightly extended conversation. I told her that I had added Mikan to my diet, and was eating them as dessert. She reminded me that she loves Mikan, which obviously I know. I also told her that I love Mandarin Oranges too. At the end I told her that she would be on my mind this coming Wednesday and congratulated her in advance. It's her birthday! She thanked me, and said she hoped to see me again soon.

tt7.jpg

Kobayashi Ran (Lane 73) I had hoped to oshi-mashi a bunch of tickets in Ran-chan's lane. But to my surprise her lane wasn't starred. I wish I could say it was because her popularity is growing, but her queue never got long during the entire slot, which means someone used her slots to purchase voting tickets for another member, which IMO sucks. I saw this phenomenon with a few members. Non-starred lanes, no visitors. In fact, one member, Umemoto Izumi, seemed quite upset about it. Ran-chan was wearing police cosplay, which was one of the two most popular costumes being worn by the members, the other being 'french maid.' When it was my turn I introduced myself by name and told her that she looked adorable in her cosplay. She picked up her toy gun and started shooting at me, LOL. After which she exclaimed "Love Love!!!" Ran-chan is quickly becoming one of my top members, and may become part of my "Two-Top" once Kaotan graduates.

tt6.jpg

Tani Marika (Lane 41) I thought about doing oshi-mashi with this ticket too, but when I got to her lane it was completely empty. WTF? It wasn't starred either. As I got closer to the booth I noticed she had her head down, so I called out to her "Marika-chan, Okite!" She looked up, saw me, and smiled. I decided to butter her up by telling her how cute she looked, which she reciprocated. I asked how she was doing, and she said she was good. I told her I was having fun today, and that was it. At least it was a bit better than the last few times I have seen her.

tt3.jpg

Taya Misaki (Lane 52) <oshi-mashi of Kaotan ticket> Yes, I oshi-mashi'd my Kaotan ticket. If Kaotan was there earlier I would have seen her, but I really wanted to get out of Makuhari early. This was a slight tactical error too, since I could have done oshi-mashi with Misaki in the next slot, and ended up not seeing members I thought about meeting in this slot. But no matter. I know I would get a 'kami-taiyou' reaction for her, and she did not disappoint. Just like Kurumin, "You're the one who comes to the theater!" I thanked her for always giving me great reactions at the theater, and that she does a great job with her solo performance. To be honest, she isn't among my favorite members, but I am really glad I took the time to meet her since she is always cool to me.

I had time, and wanted to do another oshi-mashi, and the girl I had earmarked for it was Katsumata Saori. who is another member who gives me great reactions at the theater. However, her queue was really long. I initially got in line, but then decided to leave in order to find a friend I needed to give a gift to. After I couldn't find him I went back to Saori's queue, but it was even longer than before. In the meantime, Ranchan saw me queued up for Saori, which felt a bit awkward. Heck, if they would have allowed it, I would've used the rest of my tickets on Ran-chan. But after a few more minutes standing in this frozen line, I decided to abandon the mission. It was too bad, since Saori had on really cute Flight Attendant cosplay.

Slot 4

tt4.jpg

Yamauchi Mizuki (Lane 55) This was my only slot 4 ticket, and Zukki's lane was relatively short. She was wearing cute maid cosplay, and when I complimented her on it she gave me her usual reply. "I'm not cute!" In any case, I wished her a Happy Halloween.

So I had plenty of time to find another member to do oshi-mashi, but there was absolutely nobody with a starred lane who I had any desire whatsoever to meet. Well, there was Taya Misaki, but I had already met her the previous slot, and had no need at that point to see her again. I decided to go upstairs and take a break. I was hungry, thirsty, and I needed a smoke. I would come back early and get my last two tickets done as quickly as I could.

Slot 5

Yamane Suzuha (Lane 74) I queued up early for Zunchan, which gave me time to read the signs she had posted outside the lane. I notice that a few more members have started making signs, and have started decorating their booths, so Zunchan is a bit of a trendsetter. It looked as if I would be second in line, but just as the gate opened, the guy in front of me had a friend come by and start talking to him, so I just skipped by him and went to the front. When he came in behind me I asked him if he wanted the spot back, but he declined. In the meantime we couldn't go in yet because she was still doing handshakes for the previous slot right up until 3pm. It turned out the check-in girl was from Fukuoka, and noticed the HKT gear I was wearing, so she was asking me if I had ever been the theater, who my favorite HKT member was, etc. Eventually they let queue at the booth, and since Zunchan was out on break, it gave me plenty of time to thoroughly read the signs she had posted in the booth. I understood most of it, she had written about the single, the fact it was Halloween, the cosplay she chose, and of course thanked people for coming....

tt1.jpg

Eventually it was my turn, I greeted her with "Trick or Treat!" She was taken aback for a second, and then went "Oh yeah!!!" I told her I read her sign. She asked how it was, and I told her I understood 80%, to which she gave me a big thumbs up. I also told her that I was glad to see Gabriel-kun (her stuffed animal frog) decided to wear cosplay too. I wished her a Happy Halloween, and was on my way to my last ticket.

Mutou Orin (Lane 46) Another non-starred lane, and another empty queue. Well at least I would be getting finished quickly. Orin was another one in police cosplay. I greeted her with "Hisashiburi" She asked me when was the last time she saw me, and I told her it was for her seitensei. I told her I had a really good time, and like with Zunchan, I wished her a Happy Halloween.

tt5.jpg

So I was successful in using all of my tickets, and I was able to get out of there almost two hours early. Like I said before, I wasn't totally enthused about this event, but turned it into a fun little game of "Who will I oshi-mashi?" I am glad I chose the members that I chose, and would like to do that again soon. My next events will be in November. There are a couple of National Events, and a "Sentimental Train" individual event. So fun tiems.

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki Fan Club Halloween Live at GRACE BALI Kannai, Kanagawa Prefecture (2018/10/28)

The last time Wasamin did a Halloween event was 2016 in Akihabara. It was a lot of fun, so when I received the postcard invitation in the mail, this was definitely a "must-go" event. The invitation also instructed us to recommend a costume for Wasamin to wear. I thought of suggesting a bat, which is a costume she wore while in AKB. However I ultimately left that part blank.

This was a weird weekend for me. First of all, my portable wi-fi crapped out on me Friday afternoon. I probably should have gone straight home after Japanese class, but I was meeting a friend for dinner and drinks. I ultimately stayed out quite late, and didn't get home to try to rectify the issue until very late. In the meantime, I had scored a cancel-machi for AKB48's Sunday matinee. If I went I would need to verify my win the old-fashioned way, by taking a screenshot of my ticket center account, since I wouldn't be able to access my email or the ticket center at the theater. Then I received word that I was being express-mailed a new wi-fi router on Sunday. I decided that I would wait for it, and only go to AKB if the router arrived early enough. It didn't, and I ended up cancelling my cancel machi. Although it ultimately didn't matter, as the cancel machi didn't go high enough for me to win. Anyway...

I still needed to go to Akihabara since I wanted to find some sort of costume or mask to wear to the party. Ichikawa-san (Wasa-manager) had posted that she was looking forward to what the fans would wear, which ended up making everyone want to dress up. I got to the Donki right around the time the show I was supposed to attend got out, LOL. I ended up finding a cheap mask. This would be fine, I guess. From there I headed to Kannai...

[​IMG]

This is not the first time Wasamin has held an event at GRACE BALI Kannai. In fact, her first ever fan club event was held there. In order to accommodate all of the fans, there were three events, with room for 50-60 people for each event. I drew the evening event, from 5:30pm to 7pm. There was a small table in front of the banquet room with a little sign, and an advertisement for Wasamin's special drink.

[​IMG][​IMG]

It looks kinda spooky, but it was merely grape juice and tonic water. It was quite good though. While we waited for the event to begin, we were serenaded by Kidz Bop's Halloween Album, which I thought was an interesting choice, to say the least. We also filled out a ticket for a few various drawings Wasamin would be doing throughout the event. My seat was fourth row-center. Not bad, although it would have been nice to be a little closer.

[​IMG]

There was also a goods table, and as expected they were selling the new Wasamin calendar, as well as a few small items...

[​IMG]
    Buttons

[​IMG]
    Postcards

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Clear Files

I bought all the new stuff. Finally the lights dimmed, we would find out what costume Wasamin would be wearing for the event...

[​IMG]

Yowza! Between the AKB handshake event and Wasamin, 'Girl Cop' was definitely a popular costume choice this year. That said, Wasamin looked amazing. That black girdle and the fishnets just take the costume to the next level. She said she was uncomfortable wearing the hat, so she only put it on in the beginning, and during the photo-shoot. Apparently this was the fan's choice, but when she asked our group who requested it, nobody raised their hand. Then she asked how many people actually made a request, and only a few raised their hand, LOL. Apparently all of them requested a maid outfit, which is what she wore last time!

[​IMG]

The first part was Misaki-chan telling stories and answering questions. She would draw a name out of the box, and that person would come on stage to talk to Wasamin, then roll a big fuzzy die with tasks for Wasamin, like answer a question, tell a story, etc. This went on for around 20 minutes. There was also a drawing for people to win off-shot chekis and the grand prize, and signed copy of the event sign that was at the door. Unfortunately I didn't win anything. After that came the singing portion of the show. For the last Halloween event Wasamin did a few acoustic guitar songs, and a few requests. This time she had a pre-planned setlist.

Setlist
    1. Halloween Night (Normal Version)
    2. Matsu Wa
    3. Goodbye My Love
    4. Anata ni Aitakute ~Missing You~ (Original Artist: Matsuda Seiko)

Aside from Halloween Night, which I'm not really a fan of, it was a really nice setlist. Wasamin only occasionally performs Matsu Wa, which was on her first album. I love Goodbye My Love, especially since it requires her to sing a verse in English. She sings the song very well too. I might be mistaken, but I think this is the first time she has performed that Matsuda Seiko song. It is very pretty, and again, Misaki-chan performed it beautifully.

After that it was time for the photo-shoot. Like last time, we would go up by row and get around 2-3 minutes of one-shot time. After every row was complete we went up in order to take a 2-shot and talk to Wasamin. I was #35, so sort of in the middle. But first, a sampling of the photo-shoot session...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Oh, I failed to mention that at least 80% of the fans had on some sort of costume. This is a much bigger percentage than last time. Suddenly my cheap mask seemed kinda dumb, but then I looked at all the people that didn't wear anything at all, and felt a bit better. There were a few people who had really cool costumes on, including one fan dressed as Mickey Mouse. Wasamin loved that! I was standing in line when the song "Time Warp" came on the speakers. That song was extremely popular when I was a kid, and amazingly I remembered most of the dance moves, which I was doing in line. It caught a couple of the female fans' attention, who started laughing at me. Finally it was my turn....

[​IMG]

I greeted Wasamin with my best Batman impression, and told her that "together we will clean up this city!" She laughed, and immediately noted that she sang Goodbye My Love. I told her it was beautiful, as was the Seiko-san song. She asked what I thought of her costume, which obviously I loved. But I had one more thing to ask her. I am doing a project in one of my Japanese classes where we ask Japanese people what their favorite Kanji is and why. She thought about it for a couple seconds, and then gave me an answer and her reasons, which thankfully I understood. When my time was up she handed me a small gift and a 'thank you' card, and I went back to my seat.

[​IMG]

Before the event ended, Wasamin made one more announcement. The next Fan Club event would be scheduled for February 1, 2019, which is the 7th anniversary of the release of Mujineki. I'm not sure what the significance of the 7th anniversary is, but I'm sure it will be fun. Wasamin stood by the door and said goodbye to everyone as we filed out of the venue.

So once again, being a Wasafan is awesome! A bunch of us celebrated the event by heading to an izakaya around the corner for Nabe and Yakitori. Dinner went far later than expected, and I almost missed the last train. Wasamin has quite a few events on her November schedule. I will be attending Ginza Enka Matsuri, 'Love Live' and hopefully the Chara-ani cheki event. There is also that Karaoke thing, which I am undecided about. We'll see.

• Like Like x 6
  20. ariadne32391

ariadne32391 Member

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    I went to Nagoya for another concert and decided to stop by the National handshake in Nagoya today. It was my first ever HS event in my life. I was quite anxious before the event and had to ask some of the members here for tips.

Compared to my expectation, everything went smoothly. If you're a girl I suggest to take advantage of all the perks and it will make everything easier.

I went to the venue probably around 11am as I had nothing better to do and I managed to get a great spot for the concert, 2nd row in the girl's section. I could clearly see everyone. It was a pretty surreal experience seeing everyone there. I came for Miu but Yukirin really blew me away during the concert. Every part of her being just screams idol.

For the HS event, I got really lucky. We were asked to line up first and when I went to the HS area, Yukirin's line was still very short I was the 8th one in the line. I lined at the Yukirin's first then Lane 3 - Miu, Okabe and Naru. Everything went by so fast. I used 1 ticket for Yukirin and 5 for Lane 3. I could only use 1 ticket at a time so I went 5 times to Lane 3.

As to the HS impression, lane 3 was Rin - Miu - Naru. I did not have really a lot to say to Rin so I just apologized to her around the 3rd time for having nothing to say. Rin is very charming. I did better with Narumi's. She's so small and cute. I managed to tell her that I got impressed by her performance in that one video I saw and that I wanted to know more about her. I spent most of my time talking to Miu so when I got to Naru I had so little time so that's about the extent of what we talked about. My impression is that despite not having a lot to talk about, both Rin and Naru were very engaging. I understand why they're one of the top sellers. Heck, I am even thinking of going to Naru's again. :) But I have to know more about her before going back. I managed to talk a lot with Miu although she couldn't really respond as much because everything was so fast and she talks and reacts slower. lol Miu looked so stunning though.

All in all, I think it was great first time HS experience. I got to shake hands with Yukirin so that alone was a great win for me.

• Like Like x 6