Your AKB48 Experiences

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by cRaZY MiKi, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    AKB48 'Pajama Drive' December Birthday Stage (Evening) 2019/12/22

pd2.jpg

These days my theater applications have become a lot less frequent. Considering it takes me just under an hour to get to Akihabara from where I live, I am pretty much limited to applying on weekends, holidays, and during vacation. Thus, it had been almost two months since the last time I applied for (and won a show) However, I committed to applying for the December fan-birthday stage, whenever that came about. Luckily for me, the show was scheduled on a Sunday, and it was for my ticket center 'push' team (The kenkyuusei) Moreover, both Ranchan (my listed oshimen) and Zunchan were in the cast. Ultimately I felt really good about my chances...

There was also a matinee kenkyuusei stage, which I avoided applying for via Twin Pillars since the show I really wanted to win was the evening one. I did apply ippan for both shows just in case. As expected, I received a winning email while I was at Wasamin's Christmas party. It was for the birthday stage. Sure, it was a cancel machi, but the number (#27) was low enough that I new my chances were very high. Sure enough, Sunday morning I received another email notifying me that the cancellations had passed my number, and I was now a confirmed winner, score-a-rooni! This would be my 56th theater win.

pd5.jpg

This would be my first time attending a fan-birthday show, after quite a few years of trying. It was freezing cold on Sunday, like it was about to snow. In fact, I had dressed for the day, and went out to run a quick errand, after which I returned home to change into warmer clothes. The forecast was for rain, which started just before I arrived in Akihabara. It wasn't too hard though, and I know a route from the station to the Donki where you are under cover for most of the walk, so I didn't need to use my umbrella. Arriving around 20 minutes before cutoff, I first found a good locker to store my jacket and bag, and then jumped into the rather long queue. As I have mentioned many times before, I like as high a ticket number as possible since in my experience those numbers usually get into the theater early. I got ticket #150, which meant I was first in line for my group. All of a sudden I felt really good about my chances of getting in early, and if I could possibly luck into being called first, it would be front row center...

pd8.jpg

Unfortunately my confidence was misplaced, as not only was my group not called in early, we were called in second to last. I walked into the theater expecting no decent place to watch the show from, but my surprise there was hardly anyone in the standing area just left of the entrance. In fact, the three guys at the center of the rail were all really short. So I quickly stood behind them, and ultimately had a really nice vantage point. I could see 80% of the stage, and was really close to the side stage. Not bad, considering...

Nagano Megumi did the kage-ana in her usual, wall-flowerish manner, and off we went! There were quite a few girls in the cast that I really like, although my focus would be on Zunchan and Ranchan as much as possible. But since I was on the far left side of the audience, there would be times were other members would be very close to me. Here are a few thoughts, mainly about the members I favor...

pd3.jpg
    Senatan and Zunchan

Ishiwata Sena: Of all the members, she seemed to be right in front of me most often. She is very tough to read, being that she's a super-loli with a bit of an independent streak. But I did catch her eyeing me more than once. She generally maintains the same smile and energy throughout the show, but she is just too adorable.

Omori Maho: I have always found her to be strikingly pretty, but her energy on stage always takes me by surprise. If I had never seen this group before, she would quite possibly be the one catching my attention. I don't know that she's really captivated me during an MC though.

Nagatomo Ayami and Yoshihashi Yuzuka: In my experience there are always going to be members who will go the extra mile to fish, and for me it's these two. Both of them consistently spot me in the audience, wave to me, and give me kami-treatment during the post show "hi-wave" I will probably look for a chance to visit with them at a National event one of these days.

Otake Hitomi: It was nice to see her since she had been out injured, and she gave me a quick "ohisashiburi" as I passed her after the show.

Honda Sora: Always a barrel of energy, she didn't spend very much time at all on my side...until the end. But she did spot me and began pointing straight at me.

pd1.jpg
    Zunchan and Sorachan

Yamane Suzuha: She has changed her hairstyle, as it's a bit shorter. It's always my biggest dilemma when Ranchan and Zunchan perform together; who do I root for? I usually just pick the one closest to me. But they sing verses together quite often, at which point I just stay quiet, LOL. But it seems like the two of them have become good friends, as they are often playing with one another on stage. Anyway, I love watching Zunchan in Jean d' Arc, and it's so cute how she gets totally winded by that song, and then has to lead the following MC. She was playing with me at various times during the show, waving and pointing after she found me on the far left side.

Kobayashi Ran: At first I had trouble spotting her, and wondered if she was a late scratch. But then I found her sporting the loliesque twin-tails. I have never seen her wear her hair that way with AKB, and I think it was a relatively new style for her since her groupmates were playing with her hair throughout the show. But Ranchan is amazing to watch., especially considering she was one of the youngest members onstage. But she moves with such confidence and constantly messes with her senpai. I'm guessing it's her Kansai-attitude shining through.

pd4.jpg

It took the crowd quite a while to get the encore going. Eventually the guy standing directly in front of me started it. At the last show I went to I wasn't able to yell because of my broken ribs. I'm happy to say that I could cheer and call with full power this time around. They did do a birthday segment, the same way they do with the members. They even brought out a cake. Maho, Yuzuka, and Sakipon blew out the candles for us since they are also December babies. After the show I got the expected reactions from most of the members. Yuzuka and Ayami tried to fish me, Sorachan was genki, Hitomin quickly yelled "long time no see," and I got familiar reactions from Senatan and Maho. Unfortunately for me, Ranchan and Zunchan were right next to each other at the very end, and Ranchan monopolized most of my time wishing me a happy birthday in English. But I did slow down long enough to get a bit of facetime with Zunchan before I left.

pd7.jpg

Like at the Halloween show, we were given a sealed birthday card as we left. The are a lot of girls whose cards I would be happy with, although I really wanted Zunchan or Ranchan. I quickly opened my card, getting ready to jump into the trading pit. I looked at the bottom...

pd6.jpg

Ranchan! SCORE-A-ROONI! I pumped my fist, quickly tucked the card into my bag, grabbed a photopack, and took off for dinner. I am on vacation until the day after coming-of-age day, so I will probably apply for a couple more shows over the next couple weeks. Hopefully my winning luck will continue.

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. x_lambs

x_lambs Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Late report but what the heck...
    August 10th: Chiba, Japan (Makuhari Messe-Jiwaru Days big handshake meeting)
    Hot and humid

Members visited:

Sasaki Yukari (Team B)
    First member to meet face-to-face. Time to see what JAPN 1A and 1B plus 7+ years of AKBINGO can do.
    X: 初めまして
    Y: あ、初めまして
    X: アメリカ人です
    Y: アメリカン???あ、HAPPINESS!
    X: 初HAPPINESS 嬉しい
    Y: イエーイ!
    X: SHOWROOMで会いましょう!
    I feel like we really breached the cultural barrier there. Sasaki wore yukata, I was impressed by how delicate and small her hands and face were. Flawless complexion and perfectly aligned, bright smile. This was first 2 meetings after doors opened. Yukari was alert and ready. I won a signed card from her.

Kato Rena (Team A)
    Long line to see Rena. As expected, I could see her looking bored. Fan won a 2-shot, Rena made a hengao. Otherwise she seemed sweet enough, if unanimated. In the adjacent lane the exact opposite was happening. Honda Sora, in cheerleader cosplay, was holding court. Honda’s big smile and voice could be seen and heard from the check-in at the beginning of Rena’s line. Everyone exiting Honda’s lane had a huge smile on their face. Finally, my turn to meet Rena. After introducing myself and mentioning that I came from overseas to meet her, she really lightened up. Then, the ultimate praise, Rena said my Japanese was うまい. Of course, all Japanese will say this no matter how bad a foreigner talks down to them, but it still gave me feels. And Rena was the only member I met that commented on my Japanese.

Suzuki Kurumi (Team A)
    Ultimate cuteness and the Rena prodigy. In plain clothes she was just a bright-eyed and cheerful as on-screen. I asked if she is studying English in school and could she understand. Suzuki said no, and apologized. It’s ok Kurumi your smile is the same in any language.

Mukaichi Mion (Team A)
    Mion was sick. She cancelled her morning lanes. Came back for the afternoon/ evening wearing a mask, an angry red pimple on her forehead. Tried not to look at the pimple. Introductions. Then behind the mask mion said something I couldn’t hear. I leaned-in, still couldn’t understand. Mion gave up: “I don’t know” she said. Poor Mion, I can see she is doing much better now.

Kawakami Rena (Team M)
    Udon tweeted out an invitation to her lane and had to accept. Used a Mion Ticket. Didn’t know that she would announce graduation a month later. I always admired Rena; couldn’t understand why she wasn’t featured enough in singles especially as the remaining 1st gen was down to single digits. 1-ticket is a rushed experience. Greeted her in Japanese, explained I was an overseas fan. Udon responded in English: oh you’re American, wow! Nice to meet you!

Other notes. This was the first handshake Niigata members participated in since the departure of Mahohon, Rena, and Cherry-girl (riko). Someone tweeted a pic of empty lanes for Yuka Ogino. I had to see for myself. Her lanes were not empty, however, I’m certain there was much less activity than when she made her run for sousenkyou senbatsu. Yuka and Gatanee were not accepting extra tickets for their lanes.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  3. Riina

Riina Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I haven't been really active here lately but this made me really happy so I had to share :^^;:

STU were doing an online cheki sign event where if you bought a set of 3 CDs, your preferred member would sign a cheki with your name on live Showroom and they would send it to you together with CDs. Although it's an STU event, this is about Naachan, so I figured it would make sense to post it here. Since it was on first-come-first-served basis, it was really hard to get it for Naachan, but I managed to grab a set before it sold out, so I got Naachan to sign a cheki for me.

Unfortunately due to work I missed the part of Showroom where she signed mine, but I watched it later and she said many good things about me while signing the cheki:^O^: It's a bit embarrassing for me to write the translation here since she's complimenting me so much (I'm really not as amazing as she makes me sound [hehe]), but if any of you who know Japanese want to watch it, I posted the clip on my Twitter: https://twitter.com/48Riina/status/1291367413968072705

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. David61

David61 Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The STU48 online cheki event has indeed been great fun. I've posted my own reports in the STU members' board so I won't cross-post them here but I just wanted to say that it's been the best and happiest idol-related fun I've had all year and for me it's partly made up for not being able to get to Japan in 2020. The STU event appears to have been a great success as Naachan, Yumirin, Chiho and many other members all sold out (Chiho signed chekis for 4 hours solid yesterday) so I hope very much that AKB48 will take this on board for their next single and offer something similar. It would be fantastic for overseas fans but they do need to make ordering much easier for us! Anyway here's hoping that this thread can be revived over the coming months.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Riina

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I only got Naachan's, and I believe her chekis sold out within about an hour of going for sale, but I saw many other girls had nice sales too (even some 2nd gens). It feels really great to be acknowledged by your oshimen, having her talk about you while signing the cheki. I know it depends on the member too, but Naachan for example is really good at remembering names and details about her fans.

Considering AKB and STU are both under King Records, I wouldn't be surprised if AKB do similar stuff in the future, or at least the online talk thing that STU is starting now. Of course, I hope we will be able to do normal handshake events sooner rather than later, but I'm glad they are coming up with events that are possible even in this time (and as a bonus point, since it's online, overseas fans can participate too).

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Riina

Twitter:
    48Riina
    STU are doing a sign thing on Showroom again this weekend, this time it's the transfer for sign slots of their 4th single HS event that got cancelled due to coronavirus (so only available for people who had tickets for that already). The system is similar to the cheki sign thing in that the members sign it on Showroom while talking about that fan, except that they are signing the regular sign things instead of chekis.

I had a ticket for Naachan, so she made a sign for me too on yesterday's SR. Here's the video, in case anyone's interested: https://twitter.com/48Riina/status/1299581562858516480

For those who can't be bothered to watch the video or don't understand Japanese, as usual, I got a lot of compliments from her, including being called 超絶美女 (transcendent beauty) and ビューティフルの塊 (personification of beautiful). Extremely over-exaggerated lol, but I have to say she is very good with compliments. She also remembered that I also participated in the cheki sign event and because of my name (Rina) a lot of people were commenting asking if it was her sister (who is also called Rina) so she had to explain that it was a different Rina [hehe] I also find it adorable that when I would comment that I'm watching and that it made me happy she would keep saying "kawaii" [hehe]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Boma Adhi

Boma Adhi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    松井珠理奈、小田えりな、茂木忍、瀧野由美子、森保まどか
    Has been 6 month since my last theater show in February.. I was lucky enough to go for Boku Natsu earlier this month after the reopening.. yeay.. (also nnew profile picture)
    DSC_2990small.jpg
    Bonus, her profile:
    DSC_2983small.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've just had an online ('national') HS with Komi so while it's still very fresh in my memory I'll do a write-up. Although I thought you could only enter the 'waiting' area 10 minutes beforehand I tried around 12 minutes before and I got in at 20th in the queue. I then refreshed the screen about every 30-40 seconds until I was at 5th and then I was able to press the green button to go ahead for ID verification. I then waited about 5 minutes until a Japanese male voice came on, he said a couple of things (I think the first was to say my identity was confirmed, the second one was definitely a warning about not recording video or capturing images), I just said 'hai' to both and then I automatically went to the final screen which showed I was 5th in the queue (this was only about 6 or 7 minutes after the start of the session).

So the countdown continued, 4th, 3rd, 2nd. I was then expecting 1st to appear but I just went straight into chat with Komi which threw me off a little! Anyway I knew what I wanted to say which was "Konichiwa Komi-chan, igirisu-jin desu!" and then I said to her in English "I met you last year at Makuhari, you're very beautiful" but I don't think she remembered me, she just repeated "Beautiful!". I then quickly said "You're my favourite member, ichiban menba desu!" and she replied "Love you!" with a heart sign, which I couldn't reciprocate because I was holding my phone with one hand (next time I'll put it on a stand lol). The orange warning message then appeared so I just had time to say "Love you too!" but I got cut off before I could say "Bye bye".

As I was using 3 tickets I was expecting about 8-9 seconds based on previous NHS experiences in Japan and that's what I got so I'm happy with that. For me it was very good practice for when I can finally use the IHS tickets from my aborted trip to Japan back in April/May, assuming further online HS events are organised. It was certainly a fun experience from home on a Saturday morning here in the UK!

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Thanks for the write up ... at least now I have an idea of what to expect :) .... because the app mentioning a 'room' kinda confused me ... but now it makes sense ....
    Now I better set my alarm as I'm in the 11am-2pm slot ... (and I just realized that's 4am-7am here ... :/, I'm stupid :( )

10. Kuura

Kuura Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    @David61 @dutchie Had you purchased the limited edition copies way before when the single was released, or were you able to find LEs somewhere just recently? Hearing David's experience with Komi made to want to see Zukky for the first time, too, if they continue holding these online HS sessions.

11. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    @Kuura I purchased the LEs at the time the single was released simply because I wanted the covers and I wasn't too bothered about not getting bonus photos as I rarely get those of my favourite members. I wasn't expecting to be able to use the HS tickets but then this event was announced so I decided to have a go!

@dutchie Just to say (in case you're not aware) when you're in the 'waiting room' you need to refresh the screen every so often by pressing '順 番 更新' in the top-right hand corner until the number in the line of text lower down goes to 5 or less, then you can press the green button to go forward to the ID verification process. Good luck for tomorrow!

12. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    @Kuura I bought the limited edition because I wanted to have the full version of Miichan's graduation MV (because up till then AKB never put the full version on YouTube)

@David61 thank for the additional heads up ... we'll see how it goes :)

edit: well, that kinda sucked :(
    the reported number of in people line before identification for one reason or another never dropped under 9 ... I must have done something wrong for sure .... :/

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020