1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Your AKB48 Experiences

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by cRaZY MiKi, Jun 6, 2007.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I've had a couple of online talks and have talked about them in the individual girl's threads, but I thought I'd join in on here too.

2021/10/09 Shimoguchi Hinana
    She's the first member I ever met and the first time I had an online talk. I'd only bought 1 slot per girl at the time and had issues with staff, so when it came to the slot, I blanked and didn't have anything to say. However, Hinana was super cute! She thanked me for coming and even introduced herself T_T I was so surprised, I thought, "Girl I know who you are! I paid to see you!" But yes, I've got more slots booked for the future so I'll try and make up for it then!

2021/10/09 Komiyama Haruka
    Komiharu greeted me by using my name, calling me Marlene-chan, and it immediately made my heart melt! Again, I only had 15 seconds, and I told her Komiyama Team K was my favourite team. She seemed really happy and thanked me in both English and Japanese and did the Team K hand pose.

2021/10/10 Kobayashi Ran
    Ran-chan was climbing up my oshi list at the time, and she definitely made me feel the most welcome out of all of them. I wished her happy birthday, and she replied with "Arigatou! Love you, love you!" She seemed the most engaging out of all the girls I'd met so far, so I decided to buy loads more slots for her.

2021/10/10 Yokoyama Yui (A)
    I told her I was in the UK and that I wished her all the best on her graduation. Again, it was just a 15 second slot, so there wasn't much time to say anything else, but she was very happy when I told her this and thanked me.

2021/11/23 Yasuda Kana
    On the day of the slot, I decided to wear my Minegishi Minami graduation t-shirt. I told her she looked very cute and she thanked me and then asked "are you wearing a Miichan t-shirt?" I responded with "yes, I'm a European fan of Team K" and she also made the Team K hand pose.

2021/11/23 Honda Hitomi
    I was very intimidated to meet Hiichan because I knew how popular she was in comparison to many other girls I'd met, but she was super nice! Again I simply mentioned I'm from Europe and that I'm an AKB48 wota as well as a WIZ*ONE. She thanked me very cutely!

2021/12/05 Honda Hitomi
    I asked her to sing the main part of IZ*ONE's "So Curious" and she immediately nodded and sang "So curious about you~" (it sounded more like chu~), super cute! I also wore my IZ*ONE hoodie and held my IZ*ONE lightstick lol.

2021/12/26 Honda Hitomi
    I had planned to have multiple slots with Hitomi within short time in the hopes she'd recognise me. Maybe I'm just being hopeful, but I did feel like she recognised me when she saw me. I told her she has many overseas fans and to come to Europe, to which she responded "ahh thank you so much :cute:" (< literally made that face). She also said my Japanese was good hehe.

2021/21/26 Kobayashi Ran
    This was the first slot where I had more than 15 seconds time. Ran-chan was still wearing a Santa costume that day and she looked adorable. I wished her a merry christmas, and so did she. She tried to tell me that the (Christmas) jumper I was wearing was cute, but she couldn't find the English word for 'jumper.' I told her I'm learning Japanese because of AKB48 to which she said "Wow that makes me so happy! Your Japanese is good!" and also told her "My original kami-oshi was Tano Yuka, but ever since your first Ne mo Ha mo Rumor video, I've become a Ran-chan oshi" and she was very excited about this!

2021/01/30 Kobayashi Ran
    Due to the recent outbreak of Covid again amongst the members, I asked her if she's doing okay. She was very cute and replied with "Genki desu!" and pumped her fist up into the air to show her high spirits! She was wearing the most beautiful outfit on that day. After that, I asked her not to call me -san anymore and she agreed to only call me Marlene from now on <3 I didn't win any photos, but luckily she posted photos from her outfit on Twitter, so please appreciate it!
    FKWFceBUUAImf1J.jpeg FKWFceLVQAAz3_I.jpeg

For February, I have talks lined up with Komiharu, Hinana, Kanabun and Ran-chan :1st:

• Like Like x 6
  2. maiyanzaka46

maiyanzaka46 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    白石麻衣 / 守屋茜 / 佐々木久美
    Got some more tickets for the 59th single meet and greets for 4/9, 5/28, and 6/11. 5/28 date would be four days after my birthday so it's basically my birthday gift for myself! 4/9's event was the first and it was absolutely amazing! The more of these events I attend, the more relaxed I get. I hate stumbling over words and looking like a doofus but I remained pretty calm for what it's worth and got a lot of compliments!

Before I begin, I just want to say that I am legit shocked that I won three of these top tier members rather easily. Even won an autograph as well. Not sure how I did it but I hope I can get this lucky with my other slots! (The idols all spoke Japanese so I'll relay the messages here in English)

Moto Kare Desu - Online Talk 4/9/22

Ma Chia-Ling
    First up was Macharin! She's unbelievably gorgeous. I told her I loved watching her on AKBINGO! and her ottomage gag was really cute. She was thankful and even though it was short, she was super king!

Okabe Rin
    The only member I didn't win last season haha
    She introduced herself as "Rinrin" and I said I was a big fan. I enjoyed her Gari-gari kun cosplay on AKBINGO! and she laughed while saying yada. I did the gag for her, and she did it for me as well. Such a cute experience!

Honda Hitomi
    Somehow...some way...I won her autograph. It felt weird but I wasn't going to question the idol gods. When the call started she immediately said my name in the cutest way possible. I told her good evening and she was like "good evening?!" in a shocked manner (it was night over here lol) and she started doing the signing. She said my Japanese was really good and asked if I speak it a lot. I told her I like to study the language and I've learnt a lot over the years to which she said that was amazing and she gave me a thumbs up~ She seemed really shocked but was happy that a foreigner knew the language! She said "Thank you for coming! BTW, how do you say 'ganbatte' in English?" I told her it was 'good luck' and she said 'good luck' as she waved goodbye. She's so freaking cute, it melts my heart. :cute:

Murayama Yuiri
    Oh this was just fun and horrifying at first. While waiting in line for Hiichan's lane, the time to enter the waiting area for Yuiri had expired, or so I thought. Come to find out, they extended her time. Guess she had too many people and wanted to get everyone in! It was a huge relief too. NOW. She greeted me with a moshi moshi before saying "Oh, hello!" She said my Japanese was amazing as well. I had it planned before that I was gonna do a janken with her but the time was too short so I decided on a simple "hello from America / Please always do your best!" She did a little finger heart and just randomly said "I love youuuu!"

Overall, everyone was super sweet! I had a blast and the process of getting through was quick and easy! Staff was great as well!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. metallion

metallion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    I finished my first ever event today (about 30 mins ago in fact), and I was a wreck. It comes with experience I guess.
    Was worried at the beginning cos my passport expired and I read online someone nearly got rejected with an expired passport, good thing mine asked no questions. The lady checking my ID got an English speaking staff to assist which definitely helped

Had 3 tickets for Seichan, including one 2S ticket so I guess I got kinda lucky for my first time. Did a heart sign and blocked half my face because I was trying to get the position right, while looking like an idiot with my mouth agape and forgetting to smile. I definitely need a new photo with her someday.
    Then I proceeded to forget everything I wanted to say. After panicking for 2 seconds I managed to intro myself while forgetting to tell her where I'm from (argh!!!), told her this is my first ever event and I'm a Seichan kami oshi (got an Ara~~ reaction out of her which got me really happy, I love the way she says it), showed her the 2020 seitansai T-shirt I was wearing (which made her really happy), and told her I wanted to see her in person someday. Got a finger heart from her somewhere along the line, and gave one back to her. I probably looked like a dork the entire time, not the best way to make a first impression but whatever. At least I managed to see the event ending and got a bye bye instead of being abruptly cut off

Definitely will go again to gain experience. Priority is still Seichan though so I dunno if I'll be going for other members any time soon.
    I doubt she'll remember me but I guess she'll recognize me more as I attend more events, though I hope she'll at least recognize my name for the CD sign event 2 days later.

• Like Like x 6
  4. maiyanzaka46

maiyanzaka46 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    白石麻衣 / 守屋茜 / 佐々木久美
    Cute interactions like this are so much fun to read!

Also a shout out to the staff! They know a lot of foreigners join the events and know that some can't speak Japanese well, so they have English-speaking staff at the ready. It's little things like these that make me feel really grateful for the cool management!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yua

Yua Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    Won a women’s ticket for the Boku no Taiyou stage last night! My first 48G stage :banana:

I was a little bummed at the start because there weren’t any girls I was a major fan of in that performance, but it was really fun! As far as I could tell it was live vocals, which was a pleasant surprise from only watching LODs in the past.

I went in expecting to primarily (mentally) cheer for Ranchan, but Kyoka fished me pretty quickly - I spent most of the stage watching her, Sena, and Ayamin. Sena had a cute tsundere moment in the MCs, Ayamin’s performance was exceptionally polished, and Kyoka had great vocals and personality overall! She had a bit of a gag going where she’d mention something extremely obvious that literally everyone in the room would know about, then double-check like “you know _____, right?” and it was extremely cute lol. She was very over-the-top and definitely shot up in my rankings [hehe] unfortunately, Ranchan may have dropped a bit - I’m not sure if she was just having an off night, but her voice wasn’t very pleasant to listen to :^^;: hopefully I get to see her again and see if she improves!

Overall it was a really fantastic stage, AKB lives are really next level compared to a lot of idol shows I’ve seen :1st: hopefully I can win another ticket next time I head up to Tokyo!

• Like Like x 9
  6. SlamDunk

SlamDunk Kenkyuusei

Looking forward to reading everyone’s accounts from the weekend. I sadly had to let a couple Manaka tickets go to waste yesterday due to some stuff that came up. Additionally, I had two Eriko tickets for this coming week before realizing that date wasn’t on the weekend like I thought it was and the time just wouldn’t work out for me. I’m off to a great start…

On the other hand, I’m also -genuinely- off to a great start in that I just met Honda Hitomi online for the first time. I think the simplest way to recap the experience, as others who have met her would doubtlessly agree, is “jfc Hiichan cute.”

Although I swear I had set my nickname in advance, I guess I didn’t as the call started with Hiichan going “ooooo (full first name).” That did some damage as no one ever calls me by that name, so for some reason it was super effective. After I regained my composure, we did the usual “nice to meet you” and such. Then I asked what her favorite English word. The question got the fun panicked kind of response it usually does, and she was in the middle of saying she didn’t think she could come up with one before stopping and going “CHEESE!” which caused me to start cracking up and she did the same. It was literally in the middle of her about to give up on it and then she said it with such intensity that it was was truly funny. I told her that was a seriously great answer and she said she loved cheese.

I knew there wasn’t much time left but I wasn’t quite sure where to go from there and it felt like birthday wishes would be rather late. So I just earnestly said I thought she was super cool and then added “but also a little ‘kowai’.” She (jokingly) got mad at me and went “kowai??!!!!” so I responded “just a tiny bit! just a tiny bit!” Of course, the call ended before I could finish saying “but I really like you!” The whole exchange at the end felt very playful though, so it was fun and I’m 99% sure Hiichan isn’t mad at me.

But seriously, I’m a relatively new fan of hers. I admittedly didn’t have strong feelings either way about her before she went to Korea and I didn’t follow IZ*ONE either. That said, upon her return I’ve found her to be incredibly intriguing and simply magnetic. On this call she was charming, bright and just “THE idol.” Very happy with my decision to meet her and with the fact that I also have three more tickets on Christmas Eve. Good stuff.

Edit: I’ll also use this space to say that I still don’t understand how With Live’s queue system works. I was 10th in line for Hiichan when I got through verification and it was mere minutes before the slot started. With her being so popular, I truly think I must be missing something.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  7. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    @SlamDunk I think you just got lucky. With Hiichan (and also Yuiri), I've once had to wait until after the hour was actually already over until it was my turn. I've met her a couple of times and was quite far ahead in the queue, and other times very far in the back.

Also, unpopular members tend to have less fans, but these fans will buy more CDs per slots, resulting in longer talks. Popular members tend to have more fans, but shorter talks per person. On the one hand, that's because of how the first couple of rounds are limited, but also simply the fact that more people will apply for 1 slot means that the winners will be more spread out.

Whereas someone could easily win 10 CDs for an unpopular member and spend two and a half minutes talking to her, you're gonna be less lucky for someone like Hiichan. I assume most people will have 2-4 CDs (so like 30 seconds to a minutes), so the queue will move much faster.

I actually have a lot of talks to catch up on since my last post...

2022.02.19 Shimoguchi Hinana
    I had three slots with her and won two signs for this one! I always set my nickname in Katakana, so I prepared a little sign that showed my name in Latin and asked her to write my name in Katakana on one of them, and in Latin on the other. She seems to have read my name off of my official account or something though cause it contained my full legal name [hehe] (Well, more or less, cause my family is too long and doesn't fully fit on chara ani).

hinana.jpg

The first one reads: (in English) Marlene <3 Thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing you again. Love <3 Hinana, 2022.2.19 (and her signature and a little bear).
    The second one: (in Japanese) Marlene-san <3 You won! Congrats! I wonder when we'll see each other next~ ^u^ Hinana, 2022.2.19 (with her signature and a little waving cat).

She also got so distracted by writing my name - it is long and difficult for foreigners - that we didn't get to say good bye properly :^^;:

I tend to write down the talks as soon as they're over so I can read them back whenever, so I'll post them all here.

[HIDE]
    Hinana: Congratulations on winning 2 autographs!
    Me: Ah, thank you! On the first one, could you please write my name in Katakana? And on the second one please in English?
    Hinana: Yes, got it!
    Me: In October, I had an online talk with Hinana. That was the first time in my life to meet an idol.
    Hinana: Eh, that makes me happy!
    Me: Yes, thank you! I'm also a big Team K fan from Europe.
    Hinana: Yay, Team K~ I'm writing the second one now...
    Me: Thanks so much! Bye bye!
    [/HIDE]

2022.02.19 Komiyama Haruka
    This was shortly after the annual Wiki48 Senbatsu Ranking, and I told her that foreign fans held a voting and that she placed 11th among all of 48G and Sakamichi. She was really shocked. I got 5 CDs for this one, so I had a lot of time, so I then asked her how she feels about being moved to Team A. She said it's her first time in A, and I told her I hope to continue supporting her in her new team. She then called me 'beauty' (the English word) :inlove:

[HIDE]
    Me: Hello!
    Komi: Marlene-san, hello!
    Me: How are you?
    Komi: I'm good!
    Me: Komiharu has a lot of foreign fans. We held a senbatsu sousenkyo with all members from 48 Group and Sakamichi Series. Komiharu was rank 11.
    Komiharu: Eeeehhh, I'm so happy!
    Me: Everyone loves you.
    Komiharu: Thank you!
    Me: Do you like the new team?
    Komiharu: Yes, it's my first time in A.
    Me: That's right! I want to continue supporting Komiharu in Team A. Please do your best!
    Komiharu: I'll do my best!
    Me: Thanks so much!
    Komiharu: Marlene-san's face is pretty. Beauty!
    Me: Eh, no no. Thank you!
    Komiharu: Bye bye!
    Me: Bye bye!
    [/HIDE]

2022.02.20 Yasuda Kana
    This was one of her last ones before graduating, so naturally, I congratulated her on her graduation. I told her that Tano Yuka was my kami-oshi and that I'd wanted to support Kana because of her connection to Yuka (Kana actually messaged Yuka on LINE to inform her about her graduation and invited her to her graduation stage later on). She seemed very happy about that.

This was also not long after AKB48's Fresh Gen concert, and Kanabun performed Mystery Line. Not only was this originally a unit with Tano Yuka (+ SKE48 Jurina and NMB48 Miru), but she also performed it alongside my current oshimen Kobayashi Ran (+ Yamabe Ayu).

[HIDE]
    Kanabun: Hello!
    Kanabun: I'm good!
    Me: Congratulations on your graduation!
    Kanabun: Ah, thank you so much.
    Me: I was a Tano Yuka oshi, so I wanted to support Kanabun too. Thank you for working hard.
    Kanabun: Wah, that really makes me happy! Thank you!
    Me: I also want to show, er, see the Mystery Line performance from the Fresh Concert.
    Kanabun: I'm so happy! Thank you!
    Me: Thank you too! Bye bye!
    Kanabun: Bye bye! Cute!
    [/HIDE]

2022.02.20 Komiyama Haruka
    Yes, I bought tickets to both days. I didn't actually mean to, but there was also no harm in it. I mentioned the movie and musical that she had performed recently and let her know I wanted to watch it. She asked where I live and was very surprised and thankful when I said UK.

[HIDE]
    Komiharu: Marlene-chan! Hello! You came today as well!
    Me: Yes! You're cute! (pointing at the outfit)
    Komiharu: Ah, thank you!
    Me: I want to buy the DVD for "Renai Reality Show."
    Komiharu: Thanks!
    Me: I also want to see "Fushigi no Kuni no Himatsuri."
    Komiharu: Thanks! Where do you live?
    Me: Hm? (didn't hear her first time)
    Komiharu: Where do you live?
    Me: Ah, UK!
    Komiharu: Wah, UK! Really, thanks so much!
    Me: Thank you too! Bye bye!
    Komiharu: (in English) Thank you!
    [/HIDE]

2022.03.21 Kobayashi Ran
    I was actually mega ill, but I didn't wanna miss it 'cause I'd bought a lot of slots. Ran had recently graduated from high school and scored 100 points on a recent test, so I congratulated her on that. We talked about Kana-bun's graduation and the new teams starting soon, so I wished her good luck for that.

[HIDE]
    Ran: Ah!
    Ran: I'm good!
    Me: I'm sorry I didn't do any makeup today.
    Ran: Not at all!
    Me: I'm ill.
    Ran: You're still cute!
    Me: Ah, thanks so much...
    Ran: (in English) I love you~
    Me: Congratulations on your graduation!
    Ran: Thank you!
    Me: Congrats also on getting 100 points on your test!
    Ran: Ah, right! Thank you! Yay!
    Me: You're participating in many graduation stages.
    Ran: Yeah, that's right... it's sad.
    Me: I'm also sad because of Kanabun.
    Ran: Right! Bunbun... I love Bunbun!
    Me: Yeah, me too!
    Ran: That's right, it's sad.
    Me: But after that, there are the new team shonichi performances. I'm looking forward to that.
    Ran: Yes~ I'll do my best!
    Me: Yes, thanks so much!
    Ran: Well, then, see you soon! (in English) I love you!
    Me: (in English) I love you too! (in Japanese) Thanks, bye bye!
    Ran: Bye bye~
    [/HIDE]

2022.04.09 Honda Hitomi
    I've always been into IZ*ONE, so I follow the other members' activities too. In April, Eunbi had a comeback, Chaewon and Sakura were officially announced as members of LE SSERAFIM and Wonyoung and Yujin had a comeback with IVE.

So, first of all, I congratulated her on being the center of the upcoming single Moto Kare desu, and then after that I mentioned that it's currently a busy time for WIZ*ONE. Hitomi seemed very happy for her former band mates and agreed.

Also, my hair was pink at the time and she commented on it, which made me very happy T_T

[HIDE]
    Hitomi: Hi~ hello Marlene-san!
    Hitomi: I'm good~
    Me: Congrats on being the centre! I love 'Moto Kare desu.'
    Hitomi: Ah, thank you! Your hair is pink!
    Me: Yes!
    Hitomi: It's cute~
    Me: Ah, thanks so much! Um...
    Hitomi: Yeah?
    Me: Right now is a busy time for WIZ*ONE.
    Hitomi: Ah, right, it's amazing! Everyone's debuting!
    Me: Yes, yes! Thanks so much! Bye bye!
    Hitomi: Thank you, bye bye! (in English) I love you!
    [/HIDE]

2022.04.30 Kobayashi Ran
    I was too star struck in the moment, but she said she always notices me on twitter! I mentioned the new team song about to be released - which was her first one - and only after the talk did it really hit me what she said!

[HIDE]
    Ran: Ah, hello! Yahho~
    Me: You look cute!
    Ran: I'm happy! I see you on twitter
    Me: Ah~! Thank you!
    Ran: Yeah! Thanks for everything!
    Me: After this talk, they will announce the new team song
    Ran: Right! My heart's racing
    Me: I'm looking forward to the Team K song
    Ran: Yeah, I want you to be excited! (in English) I love you!
    Me: I love you, bye bye! (in Japanese) thank you!
    Ran: Bye bye, see you!
    [/HIDE]

2022.04.30 Komiyama Haruka
    It was my turn fairly late into the slot, and also it was the last slot of the day. I could tell Komi was tired as she wasn't very responsive, but I could tell she also made an effort, which I really appreciated. She was wearing a lion/tiger/big cat costume. I'm not good at telling them apart, so I just called her a cat :^^;:

[HIDE]
    Komiharu: Ah, Marlene-san!
    Me: You're cute! So cute~
    Komiharu: Thank you~ What have I become today? (showing her cat tail)=
    Me: A cat! You're a cat, so cute~
    Komiharu: Thank you!
    Me: I'm excited for Komi's first Team A performance
    Komiharu: Ah, I'll do my best
    Me: (showing off my hair) My hair is also pink
    Komiharu: Ah, right! Pink! (playing with her own hair, also pink at the time)
    Me: Thanks for today
    Komiharu: (in English) Thank you~
    [/HIDE]

2022.05.28 Yamauchi Mizuki
    This was my first time meeting Zukkii - way overdue! She pronounced my name really well, with the L instead of the usual R. I was very impressed with her, and it made me very happy.

[HIDE]
    Zukkii: Hello!
    Me: Hello! I've been wanting to meet Zukkii.
    Zukkii: I'm happy! Is it Marlene-chan?
    Me: Yes! I'm European!
    Zukkii: Wo~ That's so cute!
    Me: Ah, thanks so much
    Zukkii: Thank you
    Me: I'm happy Zukki became a member of Team K
    Zukkii: Really?
    Me: Yes!
    Zukkii: (looking at my t-shirt) Is that Minegishi-san?
    Me: Yes! I'm a Team K fan!
    Zukkii: Wah! I have one too!
    Me: That's cool, thank you! Bye bye!
    Zukkii: (Team K pose)
    [/HIDE]

Manaka is another one I'd been interested in for a while, but didn't actually go to meet her until she'd become a member of Team K. She was very energetic and fun, she made me laugh quite a bit.

[HIDE]
    Me: Hello
    Manaka: Ah~ hello
    Me: Manaka is cute
    Manaka: Ah~ I'm happy. Is it Marlene-chan? (again making sure she says it right like Zukkii)
    Me: Yes, thank you very much
    Manaka: Thanks~
    Me: I'm from Europe
    Manaka: Europe? Europe?
    Me: Yes
    Manaka: Woah!! That's fashionable
    Me: Thanks a lot (I started laughing at this)
    Manaka: (nods)
    Me: Also congrats on your graduation [from high school]
    Manaka: Ahhh thank you (clapped slowly)
    Me: I'm also graduating from university
    Manaka: Ah! Congratulations (clapping intensifies)
    [/HIDE]

2022.06.11 Honda Hitomi
    I won an autograph! I forgot to write this one down and it's been too long since then, so I don't remember, but at least I have the autograph [hehe]

Again, not sure how, but Hiichan wrote my full name (sans a couple of letters due to the length of my name lmao)

hiichan.jpg
    It says, in Japanese, To: Marlene <3 Your Japanese is good. You're cute and pretty. (in English) Thank you! Hitomi, 2022.6.11

Fun fact, her signature is a mixture of Hangul and Latin. The 'Hi' part is 히, which is Hangul and does read as 'hi', and the 'tomi' is written in Latin characters. I think it's very creative!

2022.07.17 Taguchi Manaka
    Manaka had been on a hiatus due to her health, and was finally back. I asked her if she's okay now, which she confirmed, and asked her to make sure not to overwork herself. She seemed very touched

[HIDE]
    Manaka: Ah! Yahho~
    Me: Welcome back!
    Manaka: Ah~ I'm back~
    Me: Are you all good now?
    Manaka: I'm all good! All good!
    Me: Please continue doing your best from now on but... please don't overwork yourself, alright?
    Manaka: Ahhhh~ thank youuuu (again in English) thank you
    Me: Hehe, thank you! See you soon~
    Manaka: Ah! Arigataguchi!*

*She put together the words ‘arigatou’ (thank you) and ‘Taguchi’ (her surname)
    [/HIDE]

2022.07.17 Yamauchi Mizuki
    I reflected on the previous hanashikai with her and was very grateful she'd said my name correctly, so I made sure to let her know.

[HIDE]
    Zukkii: Hello!!!
    Me: (I showed her my sign and read it out at the same time) At the last Hanashikai… Out of all Japanese people, Zukkii is the first person to ever pronounce my name correctly.
    Zukkii: (gasps) (speechless?)
    Me: Really, thank you so much!
    Zukkii: Wah! Marlene-san, thank you. Me too…
    Me: (we accidentally spoke at the same time) It made me really happy
    Zukkii: Ehh, thank you~ You look cute, Marlene-san!
    Me: Thanks so much, see you soon!
    Zukkii: (she pointed at her eyelid) Pink? (Video got cut off)
    (I was wearing pink eye shadow)
    [/HIDE]

2022.07.31 Kobayashi Ran
    I also didn't write this one down, but I got really lucky once more and won 2 autographs in the same session! Ran-chan asked me what I wanted her to write, but I didn't know, so I just asked her to come up with something herself.

When they arrived, I was really surprised to see she'd drawn on the back of it too! I checked my previous autographs, but none of them had anything on the back. She's honestly so cute!

ran 1.jpg
    First one (in English): Dear <3 Marlene <3 Hello~ <3 <3 Thank you for always supporting me! I'm very happy!! I wish to see you someday!! I love you~!! Ran, 2022.7.31 from Kobayashi Ran <3

Second one (in Japanese): <3 Marlene <3 I'm really happy Marlene turned her twitter profile into Ran!! Thank you <3 I love you! Please love me from now on too! <3 Ran, 2022.7.31 Kobayashi Ran <3

ran 2.jpg

First picture is just two super cute cherries [hehe] The second one says (in English): I love you!! <3 Do you like me? (wondering speech bubble)

2022.08.13 Komiyama Haruka
    First time winning a two-shot! I asked her to do a heart pose and then we talked about her styling of the day.

komiharu.jpg

[HIDE]
    Komiharu: Marlene-san!
    Me: Ah! Hey! How are you?
    Komiharu: I’m good! (timer for phot starts) Ah, congratulations!
    Me: Thanks! Heart pose, please
    Komiharu: Heart pose?
    (2-shot is taken)
    Me: Thank you very mu~ch! You look so cute again today
    Komiharu: Ah, thank you~ Is that a choker?
    Me: (shows her my necklace) Yes, it’s a choker and a pumpkin!
    Komiharu: A pumpkin? (giggling)
    Me: Yes hehe. Ah, I like your hair today!
    Komiharu Thank you~ :cute: (she waves her hair)
    Me: Ah! Your earrings are so cute!
    Komiharu: (shows her earrings once more) Thank you!
    Me: (5 secs left) Thanks so much! See you soon~
    Komiharu: See you soon~
    [/HIDE]

2022.08.13 Murayama Yuiri
    I was so nervous because I feel so star struck by Yuiri. She's the best seller in all of AKB, so I felt like I would need to make quite an impression. This session made it clear to me why people love going to her sessions, she's great.

[HIDE]
    Yuiri: Hello~ WOW! Marlene!
    Me: Thanks?! Why are you saying WOW??
    Yuiri: You’re pretty!
    Me: Wah, thanks so much.
    Yuiri: Pretty~ Beautiful.
    Me: Yuirii is really beautiful
    Yuiri: That’s not true… (pointing at her face) (in English) Baby, baby
    Me: No, no
    Yuiri: (still in English) Baby, baby face
    Me: Yuirii is… quite famous
    Yuiri: Eh! Eh, wait a minute
    Me: (3 second timer) Thank you~
    Yuiri: See you~
    [/HIDE]

Now actually onto this weekend's talk...

2022.10.30 Kobayashi Ran

She dressed up as Harley Quinn for Halloween! I thought she looked amazing! She mentioned online that the slot for the previous day was actually sold out, so I congratulated her on that. A little while ago, she had uploaded a self-made promotional video for Hisashiburi no Lip Gloss, with a self made uniform and all that. I'd uploaded it on twitter with an English caption and loads of people commented or DM'd me to say Ran-chan is climbing up their oshi list, or, to quote one "her energy for akb is unmatched", so I wanted to make sure to tell her. She actually hid her face for quite a while and then seemed to realise we're on a time limit, so came back out and said thank you. The 10 second timer appeared and I actually wanted to say one more thing, but panicked and my brain went silent lol. It would've easily fit! But such is life.

Bottom line, stan Ran-chan, she's super hard working and very appreciative!

[HIDE]
    Ran: Ahh, Marlene!
    Me: Wah, amaaazing cosplay! Harley Quinn!
    Ran: Harley Quinn! (does some poses)
    Me: So cute~
    Also me: Congrats on the sold out slot yesterday!
    Ran: Ah! (in English) Thank you! (in Japanese) I’m happy!
    Me: I uploaded an English description to Ran-chan’s HisaLip PV. After that, many people commented "I like Ran-chan more and more", "I want to support her" and "Ran-chan’s efforts are the most within AKB"
    Ran: (panicking and hiding) Ahhhhhhhh, I’m so happy
    [10 second timer]
    Me: Ah,,, erm,,, thanks so much!
    Ran: Marlene~ (in English) I love you~
    Me: (in Japanese) I love you! Bye bye~
    Ran: I love you!
    [/HIDE]

(photos taken from her twitter afterwards)
    FgUP48_UUAA0p0n.jpeg FgUP48_VUAAuQ4a.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Yuiyui "queen of idols" and 20,000 year beautiful girl was my only handshake experience for this single. It was my first time meeting her in any format and I actually experienced some chest tightening as I queued up for the talk at 3pm Japan time (nearly midnight for me) she wore the long knit gown shared below. I had a few words prepared but yuiyui surprised me by immediately starting the convo in English with "hello, nice to mee you, you like AKB48?" i responded and introduced myself in Japanese. She lied to my face and told me my Japanese is very good. That pretty much wrapped up the call. It was nice to actually get to speak to yuiyui, who i consider the consumate idol personality. I immediately regreted not having any more idols to talk to that night.

[​IMG]

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkVjeITSeD7/?igshid=NDc0ODY0MjQ=

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 6
  9. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm sorry but that genuinely made me laugh out loud lmaoooo.

It's such a meme at this point, speaking to fans from various idol groups, that they hit you with "nihongo jouzu" if they don't know what else to say. I also laughed at Hiichan writing literally that on my autograph, and writing it all in Hiragana, to prove that she absolutely does NOT think my Japanese is good (or else she'd have just written Kanji loool).

• Like Like x 2
  10. metallion

metallion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    Literally just stepped out of my first AKB show and typing this as I wait for my dinner. Got my ticket using the 98% chance thing (at least that's what I think it is, there isn't any solid info around stating the benefits of that) which I got from buying the new year lucky bag

Today's show was the eitos. Obviously I'd prefer to get Team A to see my oshi, but I'm in Tokyo for only 1 day so there isn't much of a choice for me. On hindsight, Remi and Maria who are pretty high up on my oshi list was performing so that was a big plus, and I got to say I managed to see T8 in some form before they went on hiatus.

Immediately during the ticket purchase I encountered issues, as my account was registered with a katakana name but my name in my passport is obviously in English. Somr back and forth between me and the staff occurred requesting an ID with the katakana name before their manager let me through and told me to change my name to English. Thought I remembered the website did not accept English characters, going to need to try again

Had a lot of fun taking photos of the hallway and entrance

Luck in the entrance lottery was poor. Seats were all taken by the time I entered, but I had a good unblocked central view of the stage in my standing position which wasn't too bad.

Not going to go through my entire emotions for the whole setlist, just going to mention my highlights
    1. Hote-chan Kokko (my bad for misremembering) forgetting the name of the stage and the curtains shutting before she completed. Can't blame her for that, that name is long as hell
    2. Hearing the overture for the first time
    3. Any time Maria is center
    4. Any time Remi is center
    5. Yuna pulling her usual stunts during her MC segments
    6. Hearing the legendary T8 song that is 47 no Suteki na Machi he live

At the end during the hand wave segment I threw a couple of hearts at Remi and Maria. Remi returned the favour enthusiastically. Maria, on the other hand, looked slightly confused, returned it looking equally confused, then I think she got distracted by my cap (it had a huge ど character on it) and thought I was pointing to it (I did the hand over head heart shape to her), so she pointed to said cap and responded "ど?", to which I laughed and nodded. Sayarin beside her was laughing as well and pipped in with a kawaii lmao.

Honestly though, standing isn't a very good way to enjoy the performance, after the units I was getting rather tired with my back starting to ache, so I'm pretty sure there were some things I missed, plus it's impossible to focus on anything more than 3 members at the same time. Going to have to rewatch the LOD live to check if i missed anything, and also for storage for memory's sake. Other than the back ache, I'd say it was a pretty enjoyable evening well spent

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 10
  11. xabizalla96

xabizalla96 Member

Oshimen:
    MD, Love them all
    I just checked this to see Hote-chan reaction and it was not her, was Kokko who forget the stage name, but still very funny reaction, really cute [hehe]

12. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    If you enter your name all in capitals using full-width characters it should work. Thanks for the show report! :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. metallion

metallion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    Yea my bad, was probably tired and misremembered, as I also only just arrived this morning from a red-eye flight. Sounds like a very Kokko thing to do anyway haha

Maybe, but I just checked the website and I'm not able to change the registration information, has to be done through support. I just sent in an inquiry form to see if they can assist. Not as if I am going to attend another one in the foreseeable future, but would be helpful to avoid such trouble if I get the chance to

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  14. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    This is really good to know and I just went ahead and sent a message via support to have my name changed too. Not only did I put my name in Katakana, but also I have 2 middle names... which is always fun to explain to Japanese people, so I usually leave it out :fear:

On the chara-ani website, the one required for hanashikai, my full name doesn't even fit. Not my real name, but imagine Adamson and I can only fit Adams as my last name. My family name has 11 characters, and they only allow a maximum 8. That's gonna be fun for whenever akushukai comes back and I actually want to go to Japan ;; And there's no way I'll be able to fit my middle names into the first name tab lol.

Back on topic though, I'm glad you had fun even though it wasn't your oshi team! I hope your back recovers soon as well :1st:

15. metallion

metallion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    Sure did, that interaction with Remi and especially Maria at the end was excellent and I'll remember it for a long time.

Diverting slightly back to the topic of the name change, they had replied to my message with what seems to be a generic email about not being able to change my name and asking me to withdraw from the membership and sign back in again.
    However, when I checked my account it appears that they did update my name to English, so if you receive the same email you may want to check your account to confirm whether they did change it or not.

And just slightly curious, I just realised there is a section for passport details, which I apparently left blank as I said I "live in Japan" using Tenso's address. Was just wondering if you filled it up or I should just continue to leave it blank. Not sure if yesterday's process would have been a lot more smoother if they had my passport information to confirm the ID

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  16. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    On the AKB48 net shop and chara-ani, I have my tenso address, but on the ticket centre, I have my real address. I also have my passport info on there, but it doesn't ask for your name, just passport number and expiration date :confused: Maybe they'll be more lenient that way, but it still doesn't sound like a 100% guarantee to me.

17. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've just checked my account in the Ticket Center, it has my forwarder's address in Japan, my name in Romaji and my passport number - but my citizenship was shown as Japanese which I've just changed using the drop down menu to 'イギリス' ('igirisu'). I assume it's always been like that but if so then it didn't cause any problems with the four concerts (2 x AKB and 2 x SKE) I got tickets for in 2019. (I'm definitely using the same account now as then.)

For the Net Shop and Chara-ani, again I have my name in Romaji and my forward's address. When I first used Chara-ani for AKB48 HS events in 2016 & 17 I entered my name in Katakana as I hadn't worked out how to do it in Romaji and it didn't cause any problems at those events. However I also used Katakana in Fortune Music for an NMB48 HS event, also in 2017, and that did cause problems, fortunately though I managed to prove who I was after a lot of head scratching by staff.

After that I managed to find out how to enter my name in Romaji (i.e. full width block capitals). I couldn't change my name on those accounts so I just deleted both of them in 2017 and started new ones which I've used ever since for both in-person and online events.

I can't remember at all for certain if I'm using the same Ticket Center account as I did for two AKB concerts I attended in 2016 but I've just found the tickets and they have my name in upper and lower case Romaji as I would normally type it whereas now my name appears in my account all in capitals. I've a feeling I did at some time delete my account there and create a new one, maybe in 2017 or 18, but I can't remember when or why!

• Like Like x 1
  18. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Grats on getting into the theater. I had the same problem with my account name in katakana at the last in-person handshake event. In fact my AKB48.co.jp account still is. I don’t think we can edit our name without help from support. The workaround for handshakes was to use romaji on my chara ani account.

I also received the 98% ticket with my sahho grab bag. Hoping to use it in April. Did you have to create a mobile fan club account? Maybe I can use alphabet letters with that account. I assume we also have to use a valid Japanese phone number that we can receive texts also?

お願いします

19. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Just to clarify, it was @metallion who got into the Theater, I’ve only been successful with concerts. For the latter, having a mobile FC account means you can apply in the first round of ticket sales. You don’t need a JP phone number for the AKB FC or for the Ticket Center. (unlike with SKE where I’ve hit a brick wall in trying to apply for their Tokyo concerts in May.)

20. metallion

metallion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    Just the ticket center account is enough, use full width alphabets for that. Mobile phone number doesn't matter tbh, I just used my Tenso phone number without any issue. If there's anything they need to communicate they'd likely do it by email

• Winner Winner x 1