1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Your favorite underrated songs

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Astro48, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Name some of your favorite songs of AKB48 Groups that you consider them underrated because though they're good, they're rarely performed live or don't rank on Request Hours.

Here's mine:

• Give Me Five: most underrated single for me as it's AKB48's first band single but only reached top 200 on RH once in 2013. Too bad, after Acchan's graduation, the song is no longer performed as full band but dance version of it.
    • Haru no Hikari Chikadzuita NatsuX My favorite B-side of Green Flash.
    • Punkish: Also my favorite B-side of Green Flash. It sounds like songs from punk bands such as NOFX. JKT48's Nabilah really likes it as she's fond of punk music and JKT48 version of this song is centered by her.
    • Summer Side: My favorite B-side of Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai. Its MV featured senbatsu of such single who weren't on title song MV.
    • Inochi no Tsukaimichi: a song of B3 stage. I always like this song for electronic sounds.
    • Darkness: I accidentally discovered this song. It's B-side of Choco no Dorei. One of the best EDM song of AKB48 Group for me.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  2. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    A bunch of Team Surprise songs, especially:
    1. Kinmokusei
    2. Heart no Vector
    3. Kimi ga Omotteru yori
    4. Hell or Heaven
    5. Tokimeki Antique
    6. Shitsuren Doumei

3. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Ruby, Higurashi no Koi, Panama Unga, Rinjin wa Kizutsukunai, Zenjin Mitou, Avocado Janeshi, Kokoro no Placard

4. kmacu

kmacu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Here's some from off the top of my head...

• Ashita wa Ashita no Kimi ga Umareru: I keeping hoping they'd perform this song again, maybe as a new unit during a special stage. It's really nice to listen to. I like the mix of Rinatin's soft voice and Sayaka and Sae's powerful voices.
    • FIRST LOVE: I like the cuteness of Erepyon's voice here, and it's the kind of typically idol-ish style song I like. The uniform makes me think of Evangelion.
    • Nantai Renai Kuragekko: Mayuyu had a lot of solos in Warota, and this is my favorite. So fun to listen to.
    • Hitsujikai no Tabi: I love it when AKB excels at a ballad like this.
    • Ruby & Ikirukoto: Shinoda Team A had some nice experimental songs, and these two are my favorites. So good.
    • Nageki no Figure: I can't decide if this is my favorite stage song, or Shonichi. I consider it an underrated song because it's performed so rarely. Another with Rinatin originally~

5. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    I'm not really sure how underrated they are but i can think in a few:

-Downtown hotel 100 goushitsu: I think i have never seen this song being performed at all o_O
    -Kimi wa kimagure
    -Hate
    -Dare ga futari wo deawaseta no ka? :shifty:
    -Saigo ni ice milk wo nonda no wa itsudarou?
    -Yasashii Place
    -Nanka, chotto kyuu ni

Actually i think i could keep going with this for hours, akb seems to perform a very limited number of their songs :|

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. rikasa

rikasa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    ^i agree about Nageki no Figure, and personally two of my favorite songs like ever are:
    Kimi Wo, Kimi Wo, Kimi Wo (the next gen song on KnBMB) and
    Danshi wa Kenkyuu Taisho (which is my favorite Tentoumu Chu song)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

7. firecoral

firecoral Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    KONJO from Mae Shika Mukanee is my #1 pump up song, but I'm pretty sure at one point I wasn't sure if it was a real AKB song or something I'd heard in a dream. It did make it to request hour this year though so that's nice I guess

8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Ikiru Koto.

Not performed ONCE.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. fukasaku

fukasaku Kenkyuusei

For me its:
    - Bunch of team A song (Ruby, Ikiru Koto, Oh baby!, Kimi wa Kimagure, Kurumi to Dialogue, Yasashii Place, Set Me Free)
    - Mukashi no Kareshi no Oniichan to Tsukiau to Iu Koto (Team KIV 1st song)
    - Nageki no Figure
    - Natsu no Mae
    - Go Bananas!

And many more:^^;:

10. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Damn. I forget to post about Ruby on 1st post.

The song, the choreography, the MV.

SO UNDERRATED.

11. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

very agree
    Team A songs so potential became A-side, especially Ruby, Kurumi to Dialogue and Kimi wa Kimagure

12. Akari Hisakawa

Akari Hisakawa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    The only one that comes to mind is Kiseki Wa Ma Ni Awanai and Iede no Yoru. Both are amazing songs and I highly recommend to listen to

13. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    For me, the most underrated AKB48 song by far is Saigo no Seifuku, which was the c/w track to Sakura no Hanabiratachi 2008. It is a gorgeous ballad, with a powerfully sentimental chorus. AFAIK it has only been performed live once at 2009 Request Hour (correct me if I'm wrong about that) It was also performed on an episode of 1ji59fun...

I used to always say it sounded like a song that from a music standpoint could've been written by Roger McGuinn (The Byrds)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. sc89

sc89 Member Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Ayaka
    The first song that came to mind is Lily from NMB's first album (also Team N's first team song). It's actually my favourite team song from that album, but also the least popular one. So far I haven't even met one person except me who likes that song; most people seem to think it's a snoozefest lol. I think it's a really calming song though. Iirc it has only been performed by Team N once, in a concert not long after the album's release. Then the Kokoten stage and other team songs appeared and they switched to performing those in concerts. :^^;:

Another one is Nante Bohemian, the undergirls song from 2012 SSK (the senbatsu song is Gingham Check). At least this one was revealed in the 2012 Tokyo Dome concerts. Though after that it's only been performed in RH once.

Also, Rinjin wa kizutsukanai, my all-time favourite from AKB.

I like a lot of the songs already mentioned in this thread too (WHEN will I see the middle finger from Hate again???? lol). :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    My favourite underrated song is Hakanai Monogatari, a coupling song from NMB48's 14th single Amagami Himi. I love the musical composition of this song especially the flute and guitar parts, but the voices of the members seem to particularly blend well together:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @David61

That's a really nice song. Not sure if I have heard it before.

17. Fani Chairani

Fani Chairani Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Summer side, Gugutasu no Sora, Sasameyuki Regret, Mayflower, Bouenkyou no Nai Tenmondai, 12月31日, Boku wa Matteru, Doryoku no Shizuku, Doro no Metronome, Jinsei wo Kangaetakunaru

18. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Do you think Ima Para is an underrated song?

Version by JKT48 Team J tells about the team's new era.

19. Fani Chairani

Fani Chairani Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Kaze no Yukue also an underrated song.

20. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

Great post and wonderful memory. AKB circa 2009. Wow, checkout the future star power on the AKBingo stage. ''Their like will not be seen again.''

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018