1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Your Name

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by hanabi, Jul 4, 2007.

1. hanabi

hanabi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    aiw78346
    What does your real (first) name mean?

Does it have any special signifigance? Who chose it for you and why?

Our names may be more interesting than we think.

2. arrowisland

arrowisland Kenkyuusei

"The girl's name Tara is pronounced TAH-rah. It is of Gaelic and Sanskrit origin, and its meaning is "hill; star". Ancient Tara was the site of the "stone of destiny" on which Irish kings resided"

Mum chose it because our family is Irish. Apparantly her grandmother was so happy to finally have a kid named Tara in the family she cried a little.... o_O

3. hanabi

hanabi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    aiw78346
    My name is quite complicated :lol:

According to a website:
    "Arianne" is the nickname on my passport, my mom sort of made it my 'official nickname'. What it means is that it's a nickname I can use on passports and other official documents. When I searched on that, I found out it's a French form of "Ariadne" which is:
    No idea if my dad knew the meaning behind it, but he apparently named me after his favorite model (who was half-Dutch, half-Chinese) during the 80's named "Arian", haha.

4. Twintails

Twintails Kenkyuusei

Mother seems to have fought pretty hard with my dad over what to name me, but she won out eventually~ XD We're also an Irish family, so she named me Caitlin, which is the Irish spelling. There's no real significance, I think she just liked the name.

5. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

my REAL real name is Fikry, derived from Arabic word "fikr" means "to think". My parents must have wanted me to think a lot i guess :lol: Maybe it means my parents wants me to be clever. Anyway, i like the name my parents gave me :D

6. transcendental_protagonis

transcendental_protagonis Kenkyuusei

My name is Thiago (Tiago), it comes from latin (Lacobus) that by its time comes from the latin-zation of the hebrew name Ya'akov or Jaco

7. yumestarlet

yumestarlet Kenkyuusei

Mine's Samantha. Nothing much special about that. ^^; And it means "listener," (Aramaic). Pretty accurate about me. I used to not think so, but hearing from so many people that I apparently don't talk a lot has convinced me otherwise.
    My parents actually didn't name me. It's a little sad. They were anticipating that I'd be a boy, so they picked out the name Alexander for me. Days before I was born, my mom was talking to my cousin about it, and she [my cousin] brought up the fact that I could be a girl, and my mom realized they had no girl names picked out. So my cousin picked Samantha, because she liked the sound of it.

(Though it makes me wonder why, if they were so set on Alexander, they didn't just name me... Alexandra. Hmm.)

8. genericpaperdoll

genericpaperdoll Kenkyuusei

My name is Lauren. "It is of Latin origin, and its meaning is 'the bay, or laurel plant'" whatever that means XD. Not really complicated.
    My parents chose it after my grandmother's name (Lorraine) since she died shortly before I was born.

9. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

my name is so malaysian.
    NURAINAWATI BINTI ABD GALIM

NURAINAWATI is my name. -quite long-
    BINTI is for malaysian (muslim) girls <----- MUST PUT THIS IN REGISTRATION
    ABD GALIM is my father's name.

so my short name is Aina.

10. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

I like ur name.
    Nur i think it's from Arabic word means "light", right?
    So it must like... "Aina that shines".
    Cool... ;)
    Correct me if i'm wrong, though...

11. LAMAHdesu

LAMAHdesu Kenkyuusei

my real name is SHALAMAH .

and i dont know what it means? .. haha well yehh my nickname is LAMAH as you can see i get it from my real name? ~ .. hai .

12. Kyobu

Kyobu Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    People generally call me Dan. People call me Daniel if they are angry with me. People call me Danny if they are in a good mood or if they want something from me. The 1337 form of my name seems to be Dannae. My Dad chose it for me because he wanted to be called Dan when he was young.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

my real name is jihadi bin norzini aziz....
    i dont know the real meaning fo my name but i think the meaning is sacrifice....
    if im not mistake....
    of course i'm malysian too....
    i'm proud to be malaysian....

14. haruna_hamasaki

^ yes. "jihadi" means like sacrificing.

15. hanabi

hanabi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    aiw78346
    I feel like calling you 'Danko' now :lol:

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

my sacrifice....
    a good meaning right....

17. haruna_hamasaki

^
    ^
    ROFLMAO! Danko sounds too freaking cute!

18. CDevil

CDevil Member

My real name's Edmund, I hate the name but I'm a bit glad that not many people I know have it.

Means "rich protector" from Old English ead "rich, blessed" and mund "protector". Saint Edmund was a 9th-century king of East Anglia who, according to tradition, was shot to death with arrows after refusing to divide his Christian kingdom with an invading pagan Danish leader. This Old English name remained in use after the Norman conquest.

My dad picked it at random after looking through the name dictionary that the hospital gave my parents after I was born :confused:

It's annoying because whenever I say my name, people think I said Edward, so people call me Edward, and I'm too embarrassed to correct them.

19. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

My name is Isabella.
    My mother chose it.
    She came up with because a news reporter had the name, and my mother found it pretty. My father wanted me to have the name Pernille, but my mother got her way.

20. issa

issa Kenkyuusei

my name is Isabelle!!
    and I got that name 'cause.... my mum thought it was nice and she didn't know anyone by that name xD it means "Consecrated To God" too,,