1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Your NMB48 Experiences

Discussion in 'General NMB48 Discussion' started by ithebigc, Jan 1, 2014.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  2. Matto

Matto Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    February 4th, 2017 High Tension Handshake Event (Valentine's)

-Slot 2-

Yabushita Shu

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Slot 5-

Yamamoto Sayaka

[​IMG]

-Slot 6-

Yamamoto Sayaka

Some context for this conversation with Sayanee. She was well-aware of the horse that shared its name with her. A fellow fan on Twitter made the wicked pun of Sayaneigh. I decided to educate her on the beauty of this joke.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Slot 7-

Going along with the previously established information, I decided to tease her a bit. Quick note, because of the misunderstanding in Japanese, I had to take some creative liberty with the translation to replicate the confusion. This wasn't a literal one-to-one translation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The fact that she acted like a horse not once, but twice was great. This is why I love Sayanee and the other NMB members. They'll totally roll with whatever you give them.

Kamieda Emika

I originally had 3 tickets for Emichi's video 1-shot this slot. I used those and got one video from the lottery. However, I had 13 unused tickets due to scheduling problems on both my end and on management's end, so I ended up using them all for oshi-mashi with Emichi.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's the link to the video.

https://twitter.com/matto_dayo/status/828131766728658944

Emichi Round 2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Emichi Round 3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Emichi Round 4

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    1/29, 2017 Team M 3rd " Idol no Yoake " Shiroma Miru Seitansai.

[​IMG]

This was my first ever Seitansai (birthday show) that I’ve attended. Seitansai in general is quite hard to win, not to mention NMB has this under the table rule that allows the members’ fans to have a higher chance of winning. On top of that, all the members I like are and were near impossible to win in the first place lol. This year(?) or rather last year was no different. I was only lucky enough to win as Cancel Machi for Miru’s Seitansai. Cancel Machi is pretty much the spare tires to fill up the empty spots that the lucky winners left for us when they don’t show up for whatever reasons. Her Seitansai was originally scheduled near end of December which was already 2 months behind her actual birthday in October. I’ve no clue why because there were chances she could’ve done it sooner because there were actual regular Team M shows with her there.

[​IMG]

Due to influenza Miru called off that whole week including handshakes, appearances on YNN, and her own Seitansai. I took that as another chance to go at her Seitansai since at the time it seemed like they were planning to do another lottery again. I was wrong, they didn’t. Jan 29th was the new date. Normally a cancelmachi number like mine “38” is kind of an odd number. It’s not high enough where you would just give up but it’s not low enough either that you know if you show up on the day you have a very good chance of getting in. Luckily I was scheduled to move into my new apartment in Osaka on the 30th so all that meant was I just had to arrive a day before the move in so no dilemma there.

The following are kind of technical information about how the system work, feel free to skip it. It may however be useful for someone who ever plans to win a show. So when you win a theater show on 48G Ticket Center, you have a choice to cancel your tickets early. Cancelling early means that the system can let the CancelMachi people have an idea how many people are forfeiting their seats thus getting an idea if they could get in. That being said, a lot of people are a-holes, even if they know they aren’t going they will probably keep it until the actual day. A few days before the show I was informed that only CancelMachi #1-10 were guaranteed to get in. On the day they posted that it was up to 35 now. At that point I knew I was most likely going to get in. Being at #38 and allowing CancelMachi up to #35 to go in meant that of the 35 CancelMachi people all I needed was 3 people who didn’t come to get in.

[​IMG]

When I went line up I noticed there were only maybe about 10 people from that #1-35 that even came. What was even worse was that after the 35 only maybe another 10 showed up. I got in as expected, thinking I will probably be sitting at the very last row, I was wrong AGAIN. When I got in the 11th row (Last row) was completely empty, with the 10th row only half filled. There were also several side line seats free as well. As I was looking in front to see if there were any odd free seats open I saw these 2 seats that were originally reserved for “special guests”. Just as I noticed them a staff went and took the reserve sign off and I quickly sat into It lol. Somehow I started from CancelMachi I ended up sitting at the 6th row lol. Later that day people were saying they allowed CancelMachiOmake up to #80 to get in. CancelMachiOmake are ANOTHER batch of CancelMachi people they did a lotto in case it wasn’t enough to fill loll. I guess too many people couldn’t come because of the new date or just never showed up thinking there would be NO WAY they would let that many people in for Miru’s Seitansai lol.

Beside my seat was this aisle and across that aisle was a batch of seats for Special Guests. I noticed this boy who’s dressed quite decent but at same time you could tell he’s still kind of young like in middle school. I was thinking he’s probably a members’ relatives or something. As the show went on you could tell certain members were paying a lot of attention to that batch of people over there. I knew someone must’ve been important that all the members know that’s sitting there so I took a 2nd glance at them. That’s when I noticed a woman sitting beside that boy. I knew instantly that was Miru’s mother since she looked like an older Miyuu (Miru’s sister). At that moment I also instantly made the connection that the boy is probably Miru’s brother.

Highlights:

One of the highlights was definitely the Setlist itself and watching the new Team M perform. I knew there was a chance I might be watching it live soon so I purposefully didn’t watch the Team M Shonichi LOD. Also this new Team M is like a very fisher team, for me anyway lol. Their top 3, Miru/Nagisa/Akari are all girls I’m not all that stranger to so being there meant I was getting a little bit of fan service from all 3 of them. Although I must say Akari went really all out trying to let me know she noticed I was there.

Another was the preparation Miru’s Birthday Committee put in. It must’ve been quite costly for them this year to have all these flowers/cake made twice. They also prepared a little package for all the audiences there. There was this Uchiwa with a hole you’re supposed to look through it during Miru’s Self Intro. It was kind of hilarious because it seemed really pervy LOL. There was also a monkey earmuffs to wear after Encore. They even included a small crappy penlight in the package for people to use in case they didn’t bring one. Also before starting Encore calls, they did a speech about although Miru’s wish from last year didn’t come true yet (being center) but it’s “just right before our eyes “for the grabbing.

[​IMG]

This is completely non Miru associated but during Kataomoi no Taikakusen I was paying attention to mostly to the KKS, especially Cocona. It was my first time seeing the KKS girls perform this close live and I probably was just not all that interested in Uuka lol.

During the Birthday letter reading, there was a letter from Miru’s brother. When it was over Miru literally just couldn’t help herself from staring at her brother lol. It was soooo obvious at that point she may as well just let the whole room know he’s right there. It’s also because she stares at her brother like that, it made me want to look at his brother’s reaction. As I turn to look at him he notices that I know and he started to get all embarrassed loll.

[​IMG]

During the Send Off that day I didn’t felt like talking to the members so I wore a flu mask. I noticed Chihhi didn’t recognize me so I decided to give her a “What’s Up” and then she finally realized it was me lol. Everyone all wanted to talk to Miru and it was perfectly normal, except for me lol. I walked by and just waved at her. Funny enough she also didn’t say anything. Instead she had this smile and gave a gesture that’s like saying “I know you came~~”. After I wondered if she actually even knew it was me lol. I hope so, or else I’d be very sad loll cause you know, even Akari did loll. I don’t even remembered what Akari said but it was basically casually telling me she knew I was there lol. Anyway it was fun, especially because it was a birthday show of one of the members I really care about. After the show I was talking to another foreign fan who also won that it felt like I haven’t seen Miru perform in theater for ages. Then I actually went back and dug out the last time I saw her at the theater and it was close to almost 2 years! Wow!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    The Miru seitan thing is messed up since they had a show for the people who won last time and then this time, there was no lottery so it didn't matter if the winners of the previous show could come this time or not, they automatically won. I heard about the CancelOmake but didn't know it was as bad as #80 especially for a seitansai of a top member.

5. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    February 11th, 2017 Boku Igai Dare Ka handshake (ATC Hall)

Background:

This trip seemed disastrous from the start. First of all, the night buses were all full and the plane was quite expensive, so I had to stay overnight in Fukuoka and take the Shinkansen to Osaka in the morning, which was an extra 13000 yen out of my pocket. Then, when I had arrived at Fukuoka from Tsushima, I get an email saying that Suzu (and Rei and I think Momone) can't make the handshake because of an academic trip, so my Suzu tickets would become toujitsuken or day tickets.

In the morning I was sluggish to get out of bad. I had planned to get to Osaka by like 10:00; I got there at 11:15. I almost missed my first handshake because I wanted to go to the gym. And at the gym, I decided to try using the safety squat bar instead of a regular barbell and I did really poorly.

Whatever.

Slot 3: Kinoshita Momoka
    If I remember she had a very light brown suit on or something. Anyway, whenever I've been seeing her lately (and it hasn't really been lately, I haven't really checked much this year on NMB because I've been busy... with Skyrim) I thought she had a real nice smile so that's what I told her.

Momoka: Hello!
    Me: Hello. Lately I've noticed you've been having a really nice smile.
    Momoka: Thanks!
    Me: It's like... a real smile. Not fake.
    Momoka: A real smile, huh? *she starts laughing and smiling*

And that's it. Pretty solid. Honestly everyone keeps thinking Momoka is some demented young lady but she's really cool and genuine. If you have even the slightest inclination to go see her, check her out.

Other things is that this one felt really short. It might have been because the people ahead of me had like 15 and 8 tickets respectively. Also, after me there were like 6 or 7 really pretty girls so maybe they didn't want me. Oh well.
    Slot 4: Katou Yuuka
    C4Yhz5EVMAguXO1.jpg
    With my toujitsuken my options were pretty slim and I decided to use them on slot 4 because the rest of my tickets were slot 5. I suppose I could've had Yuuri for slot 6 but I didn't want to wait.

At first I wanted to go for Akarin, but her line was long and I am impatient. Uuka's was, for better or worse, completely empty, so I decided to use the question that I was going to use for Akarin for Uuka.

Uuka: Hello!
    Me: Hi! Can I ask you a question?
    Uuka: Sure!
    Me: I'm balding, what do I do?
    Uuka: Uh, put on a hat, I guess?
    Me: A hat, huh. But in terms of fashion, what do I do?
    Uuka: Fashion?
    Me: Yeah.
    Uuka: Hmm. I think you actually look pretty good as you are. This works for you.
    Me: Oh, um, thanks.
    Uuka: And your collar here is all fluffy! *touches my collar*
    Me: Thanks!

(The jacket is like this, but not denim: http://image.rakuten.co.jp/schott/cabinet/3162025_1.jpg)

That was, um, interesting. I suppose Akarin would've been better for the fashion advice but at the same time I'm happy that at least Uuka thinks I'm fashionably competent. Minus points for zero reaction to me saying I'm balding though. Even my 7 year old students laugh at that one.
    Slot 5: Jo Eriko (3 loops, 3 tickets each)
    Loop 1
    C4Ym9ovVYAMMMKv.jpg
    Jo: Hey, it's been a long time!
    Me: Yeah, it has, hasn't it. By the way, last time you told me to record your performance of the latest single...
    Jo: Yeah.
    Me: And so I did, and I watched it, but I couldn't see you at all.
    Jo: See who?
    Me: See you.
    Jo: Haha
    Me: What do I do?
    Jo: What do you do?
    Me: Yeah, what do I do?
    Jo: Haha, you're a funny guy.

If this sounds really awkward, it was. I wrote my English all nice, but imagine it being real quiet and filled with stuttering. Jo kept leaning in to really listen. I've been here for a year and a half and I think my Japanese sucks, so whenever I talk I feel like my volume drops 2x from when I speak English.
    Loop 2
    C4Ym9owUYAAavLb.jpg
    Jo: Hello again.
    Me: Hey, sorry about speaking quietly. I don't really have much confidence with Japanese...
    Jo: Why? You should!
    Me: And, you know, there's Yamarina over there yelling...
    *Jo doubles over laughing*
    Me: But, if we spoke English, I swear, I'm different.
    Jo: English, huh?
    Me: Yeah. Do you want to try it?
    Jo: Sure.
    Me: Yo, what's up!
    Jo: What... up?
    Me: How are you?
    Jo: Oh! I'm fine, thank you. How are you.
    Me: I'm great, I like your smile!
    Jo: Smile? Oh, smile!
    Me: Yeah! I think it's really cute!
    Jo: Thanks! I like your smile too!
    Me: ??? My smile?!
    Jo: Yeah! Good smile!
    Jo: See you!

Uhh, I'm not used to people complimenting me on my smile, let alone an idol? She also fell over laughing about Yamarina when I didn't think it was that big of a joke.
    Loop 3
    C4Ym9peVMAAC_EX.jpg
    Jo: Hello again!
    Me: This is my last for today, so if it's okay I'd like to ask you a really important question.
    Jo: Ok!
    Me: Oh man, this is really embarrassing. *pretends to be all nervous* Are you ready?
    Jo: Yeah...
    Me: Man, I'm really hungry. Do you know where I can eat after? Like around Namba?
    Jo: *falls over again laughing* Um, how about Wanaka?
    Me: Hmm, how about something besides takoyaki?
    Jo: Hey come on now.
    Me: I need some protein.
    Jo: Protein? So like meat?
    Me: Sure. Fish is okay too.
    Jo: Uh, um...

*time's up*

Jo: Uh, how about Jojoen?

I'm not sure if she's just being nice, I feel like the way I set up jokes at handshakes is awful or at least doesn't deserve that much credit. I'm used to being boke in Japanese especially with my students but it's way more natural there than it is here. Maybe next time I'll work on my timing.

Also, I did end up going to Wanaka, because they have great takoyaki. But Jojoen is too expensive (it's an upper-tier chain of yakiniku). Also, I looked it up just now and there is none in Namba. What a liar.
    Not so bad this time around, things are getting better but I still got a ways to go...

6. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    2/5, 2017 NMB48 Kenkyuusei "Todokanasoude Todokumono" Stage

Yes, a week later here I am winning my first KKS show. I usually don’t apply for KKS shows since I probably wouldn’t make a trip to Osaka to watch it but now I’m here there’s practically no harm. I showed up to purchase my tickets as usual, gave the staff 3 thousand yen bill but she suddenly handed one back to me. In my head I was like “????” but then It finally hit me that KKS show is just cheaper than regular. Honestly I haven’t watched any of the current KKS stages, I’ve only briefly read the setlist since I was never all that interested in the 5th gen. That being said I know who they all are by names mostly because I’ve seen all of them once at handshake events.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Every KKS show you have this so called the “Nichichoku” which basically came from normal Japanese school class chore system. The member designated will be responsible for erasing the blackboard messages. Within the audience there would also be a lottery upon purchasing the tickets to decide who would also be the 2nd person helping out with this chore. Today it was Jonishi Rei.

[​IMG]

Right as the show started, I chuckled. It felt like I was back at work, surrounded by these middle schoolers lol.

Highlights:

One of the highlights was definitely watching the 5th gen performing live up close. So far I’ve only seen them from a certain distance at concerts so this was a very good way for me to see how well they actually perform. Although it was expected that a lot of them are still not up to par with their senpais it was almost interesting in some ways to really clearly see that? Lol. I guess it gave me some kind of an understanding how far and how much work the regular members have put in to, to get to where they are now. This was especially clear when you watch them perform stuff like Boku Igai rofl. BRINGING SHAME TO THE FUUYONCE LEGACY. Cocona was definitely one of my 5th gen biases so I spent a lot of time watching her during the show. Man, she’s still pretty horrible lol.

Another thing was interesting was to see Naami and Yuzuha perform amongst the 5th gen. In comparison you could see right away how much more experienced Naami and Yuzuha are, and that’s something that’ve never came through my mind prior. Naami easily made me drop my glasses. Every single time up till now Naami has only appeared as the baby newcomer whenever she’s put in context with regular NMB members at either shows or concerts. However, watching how she and Yuzuha took control of the whole KKS stage as the Senpai especially during MCs was just, wow. That gap from when I watched Naami at Miru’s Seitansai 7 days ago and at this KKS stage was just huge.

The highlight of the day was “Taiyou ga Sakamichi wo Noboru Koro” for me. I had no clue this song existed since I don’t really listen to any B-side on 48G CDs besides songs with a MV. When they performed it I was all like, “?? What’s this song? I’ve never heard of this song but I really like this song!” Without even knowing that this was their KKS song, I told myself “This needs to be THEIR song, this is THE song.” Luckily it was! If you haven’t heard of it or seen it performed, please do check it out! I think they’ve only started performing this song this year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After the show it was the send-off. KKS send-off was a little bit different. The members would be numbered from 1-10 and depending where you are you will randomly be placed in front one of the members. Members will then hand you a copy of the KKS newspaper which is basically just a collective messages by that member. I didn’t get to read any other members’ but I’m assuming it’s a way for them to appeal themselves to the fans. In short you still get the typical Send-off by walking by all the members but with this you get an extra 7-10 sec with a specific member. I wanted Cocona but I was 2 numbers early so I ended up with Kojirin, which isn’t TOO bad I guess lol. She handed me her sheet, I responded, “I might not be able to read it lol”. At first she thought she misheard so she moved in a bit closer to signal me to say it again. I repeated again, and this time she looked even more confused like “????”. Probably wondering what I meant by I won’t be able to lol. I laughed, “loll well I’m not Japanese, I’m Canadian” Then it finally clicked for her “EH!?” Walked out the theater room and AKIRA was standing there thanking all the audiences leaving.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Overall it was a nice little experience. Besides some slight uncomfortable moments when they were performing more adult-ish songs, all the cute songs were perfect fit for a lot of them. It was definitely not as exciting for me as watching a regular team show but I’m glad I did and hope so to do it again given the chance. PROTECT THE CHILDREN

7. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    i am going for my 1st NMB48 handshake end of the month. lets see how it goes.

8. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc

Wait, you were there on Saturday? haha...

9. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Clearly the highlight of your day here is getting res from AKIRA.

10. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Yeh. Heard at dinner last night you were there on Sunday.

BTW I hung out with Bess yesterday, looks like he might be coming out to one of the Haru concerts...

11. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Yeah, I was there for 4th and 5th slot. I saw Rona but I didn't connect it to you also being around.

The grad concerts will be a war since its Orix. We'll need all the luck we can get to get in.

12. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Actually I didn't know Rona was going until 20 min before I showed up at the venue.

13. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    went for the handshake at ATC on Sunday. got there at 12pm+ , with time to spare as my time sessions were the 1.30, 3 and 4.30 ones . got in to see the system, there was no line to the security and pretty much all the hall doors were opened and lanes labelled accordingly, so although theres a crowd outside the halls, there was practically no queue. when the time slot is announced to be opened, everyone just gets into the hall through whichever doors and line up accordingly to the lanes. the most popular line was as expected , Sayanee , with a special 5-6 liner for her queue in lane 1. but i couldn't get tickets for her so..
    got into Akari's queue first, was not long before i got to see her, she grabbed my hand and i said i am from malaysia. in a surprised manner, she asked is that overseas ? lol. i said yes, and after a while i was led out. got into Yamamoto Ayaka's lane next, quite a queue too. being only 14 , really small sized and small face too. talked a little while as i had 2 tix , she also said thank you in english. after that ,was Emichi. her lane was changed to another lane next to somewhere next to Ayaka, there was not much of a queue, i got in and said everything in English this time including that i watched her Tanieda english shows. she was in pyjamas, and conversed in English as well, ended with Please come again.
    after that i went somewhere for a drink before the next session. i went back and i started with Uka . as usual, got in , introduced myself , then got out. next was Nagisa, slightly longer queue, but quick. there was an extra security guard for some members, her, Sayanee, Miru to name a few. got 2 tix for her, so i went in, said i was from malaysia. she said she's happy, and then thank you, I love you in English. well that's her character. after that, i said i saw her twitter and asked if she really had a nap. she said yes, and before leaving, she said I love you in english again,lol . after that , i went for Yuuri's lane, longest line so far. after 10 mins, manage to get in and do the normal. she's a lot cuter up close in person like most of these girls are.
    3rd session for me of the day, went for Azusa first. long queue. 1 tix, so just got in and shook her hand, did the usual and came out. after that, i went for Aapon. i got 2 tix, got in, she grabbed my hands, and i said i am from Malaysia. she said really? and before i could say anything else, she said arigatou and asked what is arigatou in Malaysian language, i was a bit shocked that she led me , paused a sec, and told her. before i left she repeated what i told her. lol, probably the most memorable one of the day. lastly got into riripon's queue which had a left over queue from last session it seems. got in, and said i am from malaysia, she said she was happy. and i told her i watched her mahjong shows. and that rules were different from our mahjong, that i slowly learned it from her show as well. she asked if it made me want to try , i said yes. all in all, went well.

14. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    @cryspower hahahha wait by Akari, do you mean Akarin or Anchu? Just double checking.
    "Is that overseas?" Hahahha I'm crying that's a little sad but then again I'm not surprised.
    Though next time a member asks you that, you could just tell them it's where Milky did like a majority of her photoshoots for her Milky style book lol.

When I was living in Osaka for a bit, people I knew kept mixing up Singapore and Malaysia, so it's just one of those things I had to get used to.
    And I would usually tell people well Singapore and Malaysia did used to be one country like ages ago, but not anymore lol.

The other thing that happened to me all the time was when I had mentioned Malaysia, then someone would go "Oh Malaysia! Merlion right??" to which I would politely explain to them that the Merlion was in Singapore not Malaysia. If I had the time, I would also tell them that the Malaysian landmark was the Petronas Twin Towers haha. I think it has happened to me at least 10 times the whole year so while at first, I didn't quite mind but after awhile, it just became a "Oh no not again" moment lol.

Sayanee made the same mistake too when I had gone to see her at handshake about 3 years ago now. I was quite confused how she was making the mistake though at that time since she had visited Singapore before and went to the Merlion and should have known it was a Singaporean thing. The only assumption I could make was that she probably thought Singapore and Malaysia were the same country. But yeah back then I had explained to her that the Merlion was in Singapore not Malaysia, and since then, I have even sent her Malaysian postcards so hopefully she won't be making the same mistake if you do go see her sometime soon. Or else I will disown her and find a new oshi. Lol jk.

15. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Akarin it was.
    "Eh? Mare-shia tte doko? Kaigai? "
    Exactly what she said, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Omg it was Akarin?! Hahaha. I don't know if I should cry or laugh at this lol.

17. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    March 19th, 2017 Boku Igai Dare Ka handshake (Pacifico Yokohama)

Useless preamble: I asked Ryan to get me a shirt from the Kyocera Dome event. He gave it to Andi, who paid for me. I paid Andi, but I forgot to get the shirt. GG.

Slot A: Ishizuka Akari
    C64p8gHU4AAyZEV.jpg large.jpg
    The plan was to run a gaijin train where we just all talk to her in English. Andi made her call us "homies."

Me: Good morning!
    Anchu: Homie!
    Me: I watch Dragon Quest!
    Anchu: Oh! Dragon Quest!
    Me: Metal slime! Cry! Me too!
    Anchu: Ok! Bye! Love you!

The entire thing was pretty much a joke because of the gaijin thing. The few Japanese girls in line were cracking up and Shiori in the next door booth was like, wtf is going on. It was kinda funny. Wish I got to say more things. I really like Anchu but I have trouble connecting with her.

Also, I apparently ordered 3 tickets, but I lost the other 2 because I only had one ticket in my pile. Damn.
    Slot B: Shimizu Rika (Rikatii)
    rikatii.png
    When I had 5th gen tickets I liked her energy so I wanted to see if she still had it.

Me: Hey! Good morning, my crazy friend!
    Rikatii: Oh... yea! Crazy!
    Me: How are you?
    Rikatii: I'm good! How are you?
    Me: I'm great.
    Me: Your uniform...
    Rikatii: Yeah!
    Me: What grade are you in?
    Rikatii: I just graduated!
    Me: Oh, uh, congratulations on graduating!
    Rikatii: Graduation! (in English)
    *time's up*
    Me: Ok, bye, my crazy friend!
    Rikatii: Hahahaha

It wasn't as energetic and much more subdued. But I dunno, I also don't really know much about her. I just remember her next to Suzu and going nuts and this time it felt... serious?
    Slot B: Umeyama Cocona
    cocona.png
    Cocona's a cutie, but she sucks at talking, so I wanted to make it short and simple.

Me: Good morning!
    Cocona: Good morning.
    Me: I want to see your angry face!
    Cocona: My angry face? Hmmm...
    *tries to look angry but it just looks funny*
    Me: Haha, that's terrible, that doesn't look angry at all!
    Cocona: Hehe
    *smiles*
    *time's up*

She's really adorable, and if you like her this is a good way to get a nice reaction out of her. It probably gives her confidence because it's so simple, too.
    Slot C: Yamada Suzu
    suzu.png

Had renban with two of my friends, had 3 loops. For the first loop, my friends were like super nervous for some reason, so I wanted to do something to calm them down.

Loop 1:
    Me: Hey, good morning!
    Suzu: Good morning!
    Me: I have a favor to ask.
    Suzu: Yeah?
    Me: Those two behind me, they're Filipino. Can you greet them in Tagalog?
    Suzu: Ok!
    Me: It's "Kamusta ka"
    Suzu: Ok. "Kamusta ka!"
    Me: Thanks!

My friends were totally taken aback by the greeting for their turns and they were able to calm down and really enjoyed the thing for their tickets. I felt like a decent wingman for once!

Loop 2:
    Me: Hey, thanks a lot for greeting my friends! They were really happy about it!
    Suzu: That's great!
    Me: By the way, about you, I really like the way you laugh, it sounds so funny.
    *she starts laughing a little*
    Suzu: Haha, it's really quite funny isn't it. Some people say I laugh like an animal!
    Me: Haha. The way you laugh is like this
    *I do a terrible imitation of the way she laughs, she smiles at it*
    *time's up*

I dunno what I was thinking, I kinda wanted her to laugh but you can't just make someone laugh like that.

Loop 3:
    Me: Hello again!
    Suzu: Hello!
    Me: You're really in a good mood today, it's awesome!
    Suzu: Yeah!
    Me: Did something happen this morning?
    Suzu: Hmm... nothing really!
    Me: I know! You ate gyoza for breakfast!
    Suzu: No, I didn't!
    Me: Is that true?
    Suzu: No, I really didn't.
    *time's up*

I kinda ran out of stuff to say lol.
    Anyway, I really like Suzu. If Aayan is the refined, prototypical, professional idol, Suzu is the peasant dork. She was all smiles and was very pleasant to talk to.
    Slot 4: Yamamoto Sayaka
    C7SDA7qU0AAJb3d.jpg large.jpg

Renbanned with one of my friends from last time. Right before we got up, we realize that her sweater had some sort of figure with a text bubble saying "Fuck" in mirrored text. That totally distracted me.

Me: Hello!
    Sayaka: Hello!
    Me: I met you 3 years ago, do you remember me?
    Sayaka: Sorry, not really.
    Me: Well yeah, that's kind of expected
    Sayaka: Sorry! (in English)
    Me: Also, your sweater... that's not a good word...
    Sayaka Sorry! (in Engilsh)

I was kind of lame. I expected her to be like "of course I don't remember! haha" but there are probably wota who actually think they should be remembered. Rekt.
    Slot 5: Fujie Reina
    C7Ru6OiV0AAocdf.jpg
    We were going to gaijin renban when we originally ordered tickets, but this was before graduation announcement so it was like really weird now. I decided to tell a story to her, but I didn't know if I could fit it in two tickets worth. Oh well, here we go.

Reinyan: Hello!
    Me: So I got this story to tell.
    Reinyan: Yeah?
    Me: 7 years ago... you had a calendar signing event at Akiba in Yodobashi Camera, right?
    Reinyan: Yeah! Wow, that takes me back.
    Me: I wasn't an AKB fan yet, so I was there coincidentally. My friend asked if I wanted to get one, and I was like, nah, I don't really know her.
    Reinyan: Awww... *makes crying motion*
    Me: Yeah, that's my biggest regret. And so finally now we get to meet for the first time, but then you announced graduation, so I'm really regretful...
    Reinyan: Aww, oh no...

*time's up*

Well, at least I got to tell her a nice story. I probably should've thought of a better way to exit that conversation. We also all waved goodbye as gaijin.
    Slot 5: Jo Eriko
    C7R1c9cU8AAQxZq.jpg
    After seeing Sayaka, I thought Jo kind of resembled her...

Anyway, Jo seems to be the only girl I can establish rapport with, so let's try some more nutty stuff, like continuing conversations from last time.

Loop 1:
    Jo: Oh! It's you! Thanks for coming again.
    Me: OH NO. YAMARINA IS NEXT TO US AGAIN. THIS TIME I WILL TRY TALKING EXTRA LOUD.
    Jo: Hahaha. I can hear you loud and clear!
    Me: OKAY. LAST TIME I ASKED YOU WHERE TO EAT AROUND NAMBA AND YOU SAID JOJOEN.
    Jo: Yeah, I did.
    Me: THERE IS NO JOJOEN NEAR NAMBA.
    *Jo breaks down laughing*
    Me: I WAS VERY HUNGRY.
    Jo: Sorry!
    Me: WE JUST ENDED UP EATING AT SUSHI ZANMAI.
    *at this point she lets go of my hands to clap with laughter. I have no idea what to do, so I start clapping too*
    *time's up*
    Me: OKAY BYE NOW.

Loop 2:
    Me: You know, I'm really tired.
    Jo: Oh, why's that?
    Me: I live on an island. So I had to drive to the port to take the boat to get on the bus to the subway station to go to the airport...
    Jo: That's too much! *laughs* But I'm really thankful that you did all that work to get here.
    Me: Yeah, I'm already tired. I want to go home now.
    Jo: Haha what the hell. But...
    Me: Hmm?
    Jo: If you go home don't you have to go through all that tiring stuff again?
    Me: Wait, you're right!
    *time's up*
    Me: Okay, see you later.
    Jo: Wait, is this your last ticket today? Are you coming back again? Today?
    Me: Yeah I'll be back next slot.
    Slot 6: Yamamoto Sayaka
    Me: Hey, sorry about last time, it was too serious. You should smile more.
    Sayaka: I am smiling!
    Me: Are you?
    Sayaka: Yeah. See? *geeky smile*
    Me: *gives the geeky smiile back*
    Sayaka: (in English) Where are you from?
    Me: Me? I'm from LA!
    *time's up*
    I think the OJS patted my back and laughed or something. Maybe because saying I'm from LA was really cool? I don't know.

The thing with Sayaka is that even though it's short, you can tell she really pays a lot of attention and tries to get to know you. And she's pretty real about it too, no BS of "Yeah I remember you!" The problem is, I feel way too late, and 1 ticket at a time is pretty rough. Thankfully this go around was much better than last time.
    Slot 6: Jo Eriko
    We needed to wait for a friend so instead of using all 3 remaining tickets at once, I tried to stretch it out by looping 1 ticket at a time. The only problem is that there was no one else really in line...

Loop 1:
    Me: Hey, congratulations on graduating high school!
    Jo: Thanks!
    Me: Did you cry?
    Jo: *with a little bit of pride* I did not! Totally did not!
    Me: Awww.
    Jo: What?
    Me: I'm disappointed in you!
    *time's up*
    Jo: Why??? *laughs*

Loop 2:
    Me: So like, lately you seem more mature-looking.
    Jo: Oh really, thanks! It feel really nice.
    Me: But I like the more childish Jo better.
    Jo: *laughs* Hey! Why's that?
    Me: Hmm.... I think your smile was more charming back then!
    *time's up*

Loop 3:
    Me: Well, this is my last ticket. Thanks for today, it was really fun!
    Jo: Oh, no, thank you very much.
    Me: I'll see you again in May for the picture-taking event.
    Jo: Got it!
    Me: I want you to prepare your best funny face for the event!
    Jo: Me! Okay, no problem!
    *time's up*
    Me: Well, see you later!
    Jo: Bye bye! Make sure you get back to your island safely!
    I feel a bit weird over this round of handshakes. For someone like Rikatii, I'm not sure if it's because I'm not trying hard enough.

While I have real good rapport with Jo, I'm wondering why I can't get this same rapport with anyone else. Especially because at first I know I was mega awkward with her but she stuck it out. And the way she keeps laughing at stuff, I'm not sure if I'm being fished or if it's because she gets my humor. If it's just Joe's crazy fun time comedy hour, what the hell am I doing with my life? lol

Maybe next time I should actually watch stuff and catch up. I say that every time, though.

18. Matto

Matto Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    March 19th, 2017 Boku Igai Dare Ka handshake (Pacifico Yokohama)

This was an event I didn't plan to come to until much later. Back in November when they started doing applications for this event, I opted out as my schedule would only allow me to go to the April 8th event. Things changed and the key factor that pushed me to go on this day was Andi's gaijin train plan for Anchu. When he first organized it, I didn't know who Anchu was. Later I watched her Dragon Quest stream and my interest in her grew. In January, I decided to apply for her and join the gaijin train. Here are my reports.

Slot A - Ishizuka Akari

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pretty good first impression from Anchu that lasted through the following day where I did a 2-shot with her, stay tuned for that. I think the gaijin train gimmick worked well, and I'd totally be up for another one in the future.

Slot 3 - Kamieda Emika

Coming all the way just for Anchu would be dumb, so I padded out the schedule a bit by getting Emichi tickets.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was a bit confused that she said she likes Zelda despite never playing any of the games. I think she's interested in the taming and riding of horses aspect of Breath of the Wild. Especially because a couple weeks ago, she liked a quoted tweet I sent to her on Twitter involving some funny antics with a horse. Here's the tweet in question. https://twitter.com/matto_dayo/status/839005912295616513

19. Matto

Matto Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    March 20th, 2017 AKB48 Thumbnail Photo Event (Makuhari Messe)

Immediately following the NMB event, I crashed at a friend's place on the Chiba-Tokyo border so that I could easily make it to this event. I was super lucky with this event as the tickets I won were all from resales. Much like the previous day's event I didn't originally plan to go on this day either, (I originally planned for the 4/22 event) but my friend had some scheduling issues that prevented him from coming that day so he decided to go for this one and another day in April.

- Slot 2 -

Ishizuka Akari
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anchu seemed to still be shell-shocked from the gaijin train as she recognized me and remembered that I liked Dragon Quest VIII. If from this point on, she only knows me as Yangus, then I'm fine with that. My only issue is I haven't played the Japanese version of DQ8 so I'm not familiar with his mannerisms in Japanese, whereas I'm well-aware of his cockney accent and "COR BLIMEY" catchphrase.

Yamamoto Sayaka

Over the last several months I've become a bit of a regular in the Sayaka lanes to the point that random Sayaka fans will strike up a conversation with me, as well as Sayaka's semi-regular OJS, Gen. The last couple times I've gone to see Sayaka, Gen would see me and go "Oh it's Bob!". It was confusing at first, but now it's pretty amusing and I politely correct him.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I tried doing some cool photoshop work to draw a rainbow in there but it didn't turn out so well.

Slot -4-

Kamieda Emika

The gimmick for the 2shot events this time is signed chekki/polaroid photo. I was kinda indifferent when I won the chekki for Emichi as I knew the photo quality would be worse, but whatever. It was pretty funny when I hit the tablet and I showed that I won, the staff looked really happy for me but I was stoic.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    You're probably the only one unhappy to get the cheki. The checki allows you to talk to the girl longer while she's writing PLUS you get a bonus autograph. Everyone wanted one.