your opinion on numbers

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by amcks, May 26, 2008.

1. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

can u do number 9? ;)

2. amcks

amcks Kenkyuusei

with great pleasure... :) :)

(but sorry, it'll have to wait after i finish with kang's n chcltmoney2's 7, then ur 9 ok?) :?:

3. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

Arigatou ! take ur time and dnt pressurize urself!!
    id be happy to have it :lol: thx this thread is getting more interseting :eek:

4. amcks

amcks Kenkyuusei

hhe
    i'll be happy to do it, especialy urs,
    the most frequent viewer of this thread,
    if it's ur request, it's more important than
    my school HW^^

5. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

of course not B-) u have to do ur hw first lol
    i said dnt pressurize urself and take ur time i will expect it

6. amcks

amcks Kenkyuusei

to finish up the menu, kang's n chcltmoney2's fv number, the number 7!!!!

well, here it goes:
    ~7 is the 4th prime number
    ~the common number of spots on a ladybug
    ~with a very few exception, 7 is the number of bones in a mammal's neck
    ~the atomic number of nitrogen
    ~the number of periods (horizontal rows) in a periodic table
    ~the number if carbon atoms in heptane, a hydrocarbon
    ~a neutral pH value between alkali and acid
    ~the number of stellar objects in the solar system that is visible to the naked eye:
    the sun, the moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, and Saturn
    ~The number of saints appearing in a constellation called "Saptharishi Mandalam" in Indian astronomy
    ~the number of stars in "the big dipper" constellation
    ~the code for international direct dial to Russia and Kazakhstan
    ~the number of digits in American and Canadian telephone number, excluding the area code
    ~ * In Judaism:
    ~ A highly symbolic number in the Torah, alluding to the infusion of spirituality and Godliness into the Creation. For example:
    ~ God rested on and sanctified the seventh day (Shabbat).
    ~ A seven-day purification period is required for one who has become tamei to become tahor.
    ~ The Shmita (Sabbatical) year arrives every seventh year.
    ~ The Jubilee (Yovel) year comes after 7 times 7 years.
    ~ The Counting of the Omer leading up to the Giving of the Torah is expressed as "7 times 7 weeks."
    ~ Shiv`a (another pronunciation of the Hebrew word for 7 -- (Hebrew: שבעה ; "seven")), is the number of days of mourning. Hence, one sits Shiva. As in Shiva (Judaism)
    ~ The weekly Torah portion is divided into seven aliyahs, and seven men or boys over the age of 13 are called up for the reading of these aliyahs during Shabbat morning services.
    ~ Seven blessings are recited under the chuppah during a Jewish wedding ceremony.
    ~ A Jewish bride and groom are feted with seven days of festive meals after their wedding, known as Sheva Berachot ("Seven Blessings").
    ~ The number of Ushpizzin (also known as the "Seven Shepherds") who visit the sukkah during the holiday of Sukkot: Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Aaron, and David.
    ~ The number of nations God told the Israelites they would displace when they entered the land of Israel (Deut. 7:1): the Hittite, the Girgashite, the Amorite, the Canaanite, the Perizzite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite.
    ~ In Breslov tradition, the seven orifices of the face (2 eyes, 2 nostrils, 2 ears, and the mouth) are called "The Seven Candles."
    ~ The menorah (Hebrew: מנורה), is a seven branched candelabrum lit by olive oil in the Tabernacle and the Temple in Jerusalem. The menorah is one of the oldest symbols of the Jewish people. It is said to symbolize the burning bush as seen by Moses on Mount Sinai (Exodus 25).
    ~ The number of times Cain will be avenged by God if he is murdered (Gen 4:15).
    ~ The Israelites circled Jericho for 7 days and then the wall tumbled down.
    ~ Yahweh or Jehovah is the divine name, whose letters' placed alphabetically equal 70, a product of the divine number 7.

* In Christianity:
    ~ The Seven Sacraments in the Christian faith (though some traditions assign a different number).
    ~ The Seven churches of Asia to which the "Book of Revelation" is addressed.
    ~ The Seven Joys of the Virgin Mary, of Roman Catholic, Anglican, and other traditions.
    ~ The Seven Sorrows of the Virgin Mary, of Roman Catholic, Anglican, and other traditions.
    ~ The Seven Corporal Acts of Mercy of Roman Catholic, Anglican, and other traditions.
    ~ The Seven Spiritual Acts of Mercy of Roman Catholic, Anglican, and other traditions.
    ~ The Seven last words (or seven last sayings) of Jesus on the cross.
    ~ The Seven Virtues: chastity, moderation, liberality, charity, meekness, zeal, and humility.
    ~ The Seven deadly sins: lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy, and pride.
    ~ The seven terraces of Mount Purgatory (one per deadly sin).
    ~ In the genealogy in the Gospel of Luke, Jesus is 77th in a direct line.
    ~ The number of heads of the three beasts 7*10*7+7*10*10+7*10=1260 of the Book of Revelation, and of some other monsters, like the hydra and the number of seals.
    ~ In the New Testament, the Gospel of Matthew 18:21, Jesus says to Peter to forgive seventy times seven times.[2]

* In Islam:
    ~ The number of ayat in surat al-Fatiha.
    ~ The number of heavens in Islamic tradition.
    ~ The number of Earths in Islamic tradition.
    ~ The number of circumambulations (Tawaf) that are made around the Kaaba
    ~ The number of walks {Al-Safa and Al-Marwah) that is travelling back and forth seven times during the ritual pilgrimages of Hajj and Umrah.
    ~ The number of fires in hell. i.e the 7 fires of hell.
    ~ The number of doors to heaven and hell is also seven.
    ~ The total number of Prophets sent by God are 124000. The sum of 1+2+4=7.
    ~ The number of followers to fight along side Jesus Christ and Imam Mehdi against the anti-Christ/dajjal is 313. the sum 0f 3+1+3=7.
    ~ The number 786 which in Islam is also used to denote "in the Name of Allah" sums 7+8+6=21 divisible by 7.
    * Others:
    ~ The number of Archangels according to some systems.
    ~ The minor symbol number of yang from the Taoist yin-yang.
    ~ The number of palms in an Egyptian Sacred Cubit.
    ~ The number of ranks in Mithraism.
    ~ The number seven is of particular significance within Cherokee cosmology.
    ~ In Buddhism, Buddha walked 7 steps at his birth.

* In Hinduism:
    ~ The Sanskrit word 'sapta' refers to number seven.
    ~ The Indian Music has 'sapta swaras', means seven octats (sa re ga ma pa dha ni), which are basics of music, using which hundreds of Ragas are composed.
    ~ Celestial group of seven stars are named as 'Sapta Rishi' based on the seven great saints.
    ~ Seven Promises, Seven Rounds in Hindu Wedding and Seven Reincarnation
    ~ As per Hindu mythology, there are seven worlds in the universe, seven seas in the world and seven Rishies (seven gurus) called sapta rishis.
    ~ seven hills at tirumala also known as ezhu malaiyan means Sevenhills god

in conclusion, all you seven ppl are detail dudez n galz, from the numbers of periods in a periodic table,the number of spots on a ladybug, to the number of mammal neck bone.
    one last thing, sorry numbah 5 dudez, ur rank just went down, this number 7 really hold some load of holiness

credits:
    ~wikipedia

this post is dedicated to:
    ~ Kang
    ~chcltmoney2
    ~haruna_hamasaki
    ~and last but not least, me myself, amcks
    for ur info, in case u don't know this is my lucky n fav numbah, followed by the numbah 3

thanks all

7. amcks

amcks Kenkyuusei

oh just you wait Lariemeeva
    i shall do your numbah 9....
    cuz numbah 7 is done...^^

8. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

Keep it up :lol: I"M WAITING IMPATIENTALY

9. amcks

amcks Kenkyuusei

well, now im doing number 9, and since it's Lariemeeva's special request, i will once again take reference from "the book of numbers" coz this one's a special request

well, here goes:
    "The last single digit captured the human imagination almost as much as the heavenly seven. The fact that we spent nine months in the womb could have something to do with this, or perhaps it's just that nine times out of ten it's the first number that springs to mind"

~saying "cat has nine lives" generally refers to the ability of an animal to escape from danger and save their lives.
    ~however, this could come from a very specific origin, the egyptian worship cats, and also had nine gods.
    ~in Arab countries, cat is said to have 7 lives, so maybe it has something to do with witchcraft and the number 9 being in 3s.
    ~here's the fun part, when the maths came along:
    * 2 × 9 = 18 ---> 1 + 8 = 9
    * 3 × 9 = 27 ---> 2 + 7 = 9
    * 9 X 9 = 81 ---> 8+1 = 9
    * 9 X 137 = 1233 ---> 1+2+3+3=9
    * 234 × 9 = 2106 ---> 2 + 1 + 0 + 6 = 9
    *578329 × 9 = 5204961 ---> 5 2+0+4+9+6+1=27 ---> 2 + 7 = 9
    * 9 X 3641 = 32769 ---> 3+2+7+6+9=27 ---> 2+7 = 9
    *482729235601 × 9 = 4344563120409 ---> 4+3+4+4+5+6+3+1+2+0+4+0+9=45 ---> 4 + 5 = 9

observe the middle number in the result:
    542-245 = 297
    861-168 = 693
    954-459 = 495

observe the mirror effect:
    1089 X 9= 9801
    10989 X 9 = 98901
    109989 X 9 = 989901
    1099989 X 9 = 9899901

observe the 7 and 2 between the 6 and 3:
    7 X 9 = 63
    77 X 99 = 7623
    777 X 999 = 776223
    7777 X 9999 = 77762223

end of maths

~9 dishes are traditionally served at a Chinese birthday banquet, the number 9 being associated with longevity
    ~9 is the number of squares and small squares in the japanese game, sudoku, oh, btw, there are 6670903752021072936960 different premutations on a sudoku grid
    ~the nine worthies are heroic figures from history, frequently reffered in literature:
    -Hector
    -Alexander the Great
    -Godfrey of Bouillon
    -Julius Caesar
    -Joshua
    -David
    -Judas Maccabaeus
    -King Arthur
    -Charlemagne

~put a mirror below a 9 and you will get 6. same as it is in the binary numbers, they are complimentary, 9 is 1001 and 6 id 0110
    ~as usual, the religion part:
    * Important Buddhist rituals usually involve nine monks.
    * The first nine days of the Hebrew month of Av are collectively known as "The Nine Days" (Tisha HaYamim), and are a period of semi-mourning leading up to Tisha B'Av, the ninth day of Av on which both Temples in Jerusalem were destroyed.
    * Nine, as the highest single-digit number (in base ten), symbolizes completeness in the Bahá'í Faith. In addition, the word Bahá' in the Abjad notation has a value of 9, and a 9-pointed star is used to symbolize the religion.
    * Nine is a significant number in Norse Mythology. Odin hung himself on an ash tree for nine days to learn the runes.
    * Jesus healed ten lepers; nine did not even thank him.
    * Anton LaVey applied the number to Satan.

~in chinese culture:
    Nine (九 pinyin jiǔ) is considered a good number in Chinese culture because it sounds the same as the word "longlasting" (久 pinyin jiǔ)[citation needed]. The Japanese consider 9 to be unlucky, however, because it sounds similar to the Japanese word for "pain" or "distress" (苦 kunrei ku)[citation needed]. The fear of the number nine is enneaphobia.

Nine is strongly associated with the Chinese dragon, a symbol of magic and power. There are nine forms of the dragon, it is described in terms of nine attributes, and it has nine children It has 9×13 scales, 9×9 being yang (masculine, or bad influence) and 9×4 being yin (feminine, or good influence).[6] The dragon often symbolizes the Emperor, and the number nine can be found in many ornaments in the Forbidden City. The circular altar platform (Earthly Mount) of the Temple of Heaven has one circular marble plate in the center, surrounded by a ring of nine plates, then by a ring of 18 plates, and so on, for a total of nine rings, with the outermost having 81=9×9 plates.

well, in conlusion,
    you nine ppl, are the masters of numbers, of magic, of miracles, amazing math tricks eh?

well again:
    credits:
    ~wikipedia
    ~The Book of Numbers

this post is especially dedicated to:
    ~Lariemeeva

10. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

THAX SOOO MUCH AMCKS UR THE BEST!!!
    i like the part where jesus healed 10 and only 9 thanked him!! its funny!
    and btw thats alot of numbers!!
    and when u mentioned the 9 heros and magic tricks plus miracles it made me feel proud lol
    i cant believe there is this much for the time i was born!!!!!!!!!!

11. amcks

amcks Kenkyuusei

well,
    be proud there, coz u ARE amazing^^
    well, thanks for viewing once again
    and for everyone, plz do request any numbers
    if you want^^

12. amcks

amcks Kenkyuusei

one last thing, for number requests,
    plz tell me whether you want it to be simple facts
    or a special request, coz for a special request i
    will have to research and read the book of numbers first
    but the outcome would be nice^^

13. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

amcks you researched all that for us? :shock:
    WOW. :shock: :D

14. amcks

amcks Kenkyuusei

well, if i didn't, how would i know?
    anyway, this thread is for those who want to know about knumbers, but i am certain that ppl would be too lazy to research for their fav number and would prefer to watch AKB48. well, as for me, i am happy to help others do this, coz while i research, i know more about a certain number, so, it's a win-win condition, i'm happy, and i hope others too^^ well, some of u may think that i just copy n paste from wikipedia, but i don't, i read and choose those that ppl woulb be interested to know, i don't post about too advanced math or mythology, but only the interesting ones, for example, the tarot cards, or the math magic. well, another thing is, i relieve stress from this, so please please please request some numbers, i would be esoecially happy if you want it special

anyway, thx kyu for viewing^^

15. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

thx amcks for the special post !!!!
    u really did alot

16. amcks

amcks Kenkyuusei

it's a pleasure...^^
    btw, since no one's requesting, probably i'll start with the number 1 dedicated to myself for it is my index number in school for the past 14 years.
    any objection?

17. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

haha no problem i'll have fun going through ur numbuers!!

18. chcltmoney2

chcltmoney2 Kenkyuusei

amcks, thanks so much for the information! God, my favorite numbers have to do so much with religion and stuff. :lol:

19. Kang

Kang Kenkyuusei

Wow, you're really thorough! These are much appreciated! :D

20. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

Same here. ;) This is my birthday too. I don't really believe what numbers can do with me but I just love 7.