1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Your ultimate all-time favourite song?

Discussion in 'The Music Forum' started by Kyobu, Oct 26, 2007.

1. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Dead, after being struck in the heart by Chiyuu~
    What is your all-time favourite song?
    Utada Hikaru - First Love

How long has it been your favourite song?
    Since I first heard it.. That would be around... 7th grade. So... about six years ago. Wow...

Does it have any special meaning to you?
    Yeah, it was during the time I met this girl that I really loved for the first time.. I shared the song with her (even though she was white.) Brings back memories of her... but she changed drastically right when she entered 8th grade... her life spiraled out of control and such. She now is completely different but still has a part of what I used to know.. her love for Asians and the culture :D As a result, this song makes me sad and cry sometimes :[

2. thegroovemusiclife

thegroovemusiclife Kenkyuusei

Going by my iTunes statitstics, I'd have to say "Resonant Blue" by Morning Musume. It surpassed "Egao YES Nude" in plays in a rather short time. (185 plays to "Egao"'s 148).

Since I first heard it on one of the advance-released PVs. I had already advance-ordered the CD single out of band loyalty but was so anxious to have it on my iPod that I pounced on a torrent leak the second I discovered one. I actually had that song play about 50 times on repeat on the first day.

Not really, but given that it's one of my favorite bands plus its a song done in a 70's funk style (yes, here I go showing my age but I grew up on 70's R&B singles/radio hits and that music, along with punk rock and J-pop, will always be a part of me) is probably why its such a big favorite of mine.

3. thegroovemusiclife

thegroovemusiclife Kenkyuusei

Nice choice. I saw GnR open for Aerosmith in August of 1988, great set. I was in a band at the time that did quite a few GnR songs off of Appetite (and later, GnR Lies) - unfortunately Nighttrain wasn't one of them (the song's original key was out of our singer's range) but It's So Easy (probably my fave GnR song) and Mr. Brownstone definitely were, as was their version of Knockin' On Heaven's Door by way of a bootleg GnR live album. (Remember, it was 1988 and the song wouldn't be recorded officially by GnR for several years).

4. Takamina

Takamina Kenkyuusei

Thank you for the Venom - My Chemical Romance

since October 2006

I don't know why but when I listen this song I feel good and happy (although it's not an happy song)

5. Shokora

Shokora Kenkyuusei

What is your all-time favorite song?
    Belinda Carlisle - Summer Rain

How long has it been your favorite song?

Because the lyrics seem to match up to something that's happened in my life, It has a very special and deep meaning to me. [​IMG]
    In 05 this girl in Japan unexpectedly writes to me, so we sent a few emails back and forth, then one day we just seemed to have formed an attachment to each other. We were chatting for about a year and just got along so well with each other that we were sending 2 page emails to each other on a daily basis.

Well, for Spring Break I went to Japan with a large group that was getting a discount from school. We had a lot of good memorable times together and I remember laughing 'till we almost cried outside Shinjuku Station. I remember how we poured our hearts out when it was time for me to leave, how it was raining and miserable.

The part of the songs that are most memorable and special to me are:
    Oh my love it's you that I dream of
    Oh my love since that day
    Somewhere in my heart I'm always
    Dancing with you in the summer rain

Every night and every day now
    Though I know you've gone away
    Somewhere in my heart I'm always
    Dancing with you in the summer rain

The last line hits me especially hard cause in August 07 she committed suicide :cry: :cry: :cry:

6. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Aw, I'm sorry. :cry:

7. jayametta

jayametta Kenkyuusei

Onyanko Club - Seera Fuku wo Nugasanaide

I think it'sabout a year since i found the song on youtube.

No, just i like the song since i liked j-pop oldies alot as much as the new j-pop though.

8. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

I'm not convinced that I have just one all-time favourite song, but one of my all-time favourites by far is "Try Honesty" by Billy Talent.

I first began listening to it a little over three years ago, when I got into Billy Talent from their second and third singles and bought their album. (Try Honesty was their first single, but I didn't really hear it while it was on TV.) Over that first summer with the album it really grew on me, and by the time I started grade eight I loved it. I've loved it ever since.

Billy Talent were my first real favourite band; before I was 13, I mostly listened to a lot of pop and hip hop and didn't really like rock, but at 13 I watched School of Rock, danced to Metallica and AC/DC in my jazz dance class, and discovered just how good rock music really was. I loved the Billy Talent songs I heard on TV, so I bought their album, and I fell in love. Not a day went by that summer that I didn't listen to at least some of that self-titled album. Try Honesty is a classic Billy Talent song, and it signifies their major debut, so it's an important song in their history. They're one of my favourite bands in the world and always will be, so this song will always be important to me. I remember singing it at the top of my lungs in the middle of gym class volleyball games in grade eight; in grade ten, between performances of our school production of West Side Story, we hooked up one of the leads' iPods to the sound system and sang Try Honesty into the mics in the auditorium. The day after I turned 16, I finally saw them live for the first time. Billy Talent was the first thing I bonded over with my best friend. I could go on all day.

You can find the demo version all over the place, but it's the version that was released on their self-titled album (not the one released on the demo called Try Honesty) that I hold closest to my heart. This is it.

9. SomethingWild

SomethingWild Kenkyuusei

Otsuka Ai - Yumekui

Since it came out, after seeing Tokyo Friends

The lyrics are just great. Plus, it reminds me of Tokyo Friends (the series and movie), where in someone from a small town tries to make it in Tokyo. Hopes and dreams, friendships, a band.. It's exactly what I'm trying to do, i.e. escape from this small town and move to a big city.

10. john_hung

john_hung Kenkyuusei

hmmm...i'd have to say it's a toss-up between Van Halen - Hot for Teacher or Slayer - Angel of Death :twisted:

i first heard the van halen song when i was like 10 or 11 - so 22 years ago or so...the slayer song i first heard in high school, when i was like 16 or 17, so about 16 years ago...

11. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Dead, after being struck in the heart by Chiyuu~
    I still need to finish the last episode of Tokyo Friends... but I love the Drama :]
    Ai Otsuka is too cute~ And I love the songs played in it a LOT.

Yumekui is one of my favorite songs of hers... and "to me" is one of my favorite songs from the drama :p

12. VoiL3T

VoiL3T Kenkyuusei

Beside Acchan where i can protect her 24/7
    MISIA - Everything

I hope i can have someone to send me this song. I lost this song after my comp break down last time and i can't even find this song back to re-download it~ :(

13. SomethingWild

SomethingWild Kenkyuusei

"To me" is amazing, I liek "Chotto" a lot too, but it's not even two minutes long :(

@Jong_Hung, Angel of Death was my favorite for a long time too! You can't beat that solo :D I used to be really into metal and stuff haha.

14. Takamina

Takamina Kenkyuusei

If you want I can send you this song

15. Kira

Kira Kenkyuusei

still confuse to decide who is artist i love to her because there are so many from mihimaru GT until hello project

16. Kana

Kana Kenkyuusei

Seishun Amigo by Shuji to Akira.

It has been my fav for about 3 years now.

It indeed has! It was the very first song I ever heard out of the Johnny's Entertainment. If it weren't for that song I wouldn't have discovered the greatness of the JE. And btw, it made me immediately fall for Yamapi and Kazu <3

17. shine_ever03

shine_ever03 Kenkyuusei

Otsuka Ai - Sakuranbo

Hmm....Probably about 1~1.5 years.
    I mean, I STILL like this song...
    But compared to time when I was super crazy about Otsuka Ai,
    It's not as same as before.

Very much. This is the 1st Japanese music I listened.
    I was in this fan cafe site, and the BGM was this song.
    I thought it was great, so I started to search for Otsuka Ai.
    And I got to listen more of Otsuka Ai's songs.
    And while I was searching for more songs, I got to know
    more J-pop from many other artist.
    So thanks to her and her song, I got to know a lot of J-pop and love them

18. Shipyon

Shipyon Kenkyuusei

AKB48- BINGO

This been my all tim favourite song for 4 month already

I just love it, make me feel I am in love

my favourite part is

I am loving u
    BINGO! BINGO! BINGO!

19. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Updating my favorite song. =P

Ayumi Hamasaki - Memorial address

Well, just now, but I've loved it since I first saw that performance I linked above ^, which was probably around time I became an Ayu fan (November 2005), so I'm guessing in early 2006.

For a while now, I've been trying to find a song that had a special meaning to me, but I could never find one, but Memorial address always stood for me. Apparently it was written about her father, but no one knows for sure. Normally I have a hard time trying to decipher lyrics, but I understood this song perfectly and could really relate to it because my father left my family several years ago and I wish that had heard from him or been loved by him, just like in the song (lyrics here)... I guess I never realized how much I related to it until now. Other than the lyrics, it's sounds really beautiful and I love the performances of it. Ayu sings with such emotion that I get sad everytime I see her perform it. :(

20. RinaReeChan

RinaReeChan Kenkyuusei

Big Bang - Haru Haru

Since about a week after it was released. I still haven't grown sick of it.

No but I cry everytime I see the MV. It really confused me how a song can be so catchy but so sad at the same time. I fell in love with the song for a second time when I heard the acoustic version on their Remember album. It just brought a whole new sadness to the song. And then when my love for the song started to fade I saw the parody of it and loved it even more xD