Your very own J-BAND

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by kyu, Jun 29, 2007.

1. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

For those who has / joins a band that plays Japanese songs, share your stories here. Tell us what ur band's name is, who's Japanese singers / bands your band's covering etc...
    Here goes mine...

I have a band called SHIROI HANA, formed back in 2004. Shiroi Hana has 2 kawaii and energetic female vocalists. Shiroi Hana plays many of ZONE songs (as it can be identified by the band's name [one of ZONE's song title]), H!P songs that can be played by a band (songs like Roman ~My dear Boy~, Love and Peace, Never Forget and so on), and recently we play AKB48's songs like Aitakatta, Sakura no hanabiratachi and Naki Nagara Hohoen de.

Well it was hard to introduce the band we're covering, since ZONE was not so popular a band compared to Larc~en~Ciel, Do As Infinity, Judy and Mary that many bands in Indonesia are covering. But the effort is finally paid off. Many people here finally know and like ZONE. Now Shiroi Hana is trying to introduce AKB48 and all of its uniqueness to everyone. So wish us luck, ok?

Visit Shiroi Hana's Myspace, download our song and give us your comments! Click!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

ooh...so empty... :cry:
    guess i'm the only one in this forum that joins a japanese band?
    comments and supports are welcomed here, though...
    (still trying :lol: )

3. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan
    I havent got a japanese band, but I do sing J-songs at talent quests and the like! =]

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i hope your band will success...
    i think if your bands play the hp! and hello project song,of course it interesting...
    but how about the guitar chord??
    is it hard to play the song???
    sorry for my bad english....

5. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

thx 4 the support. yes we play h!p songs too, as well as zone and now akb48 songs. well not all h!p songs can be played in a band. maybe songs like roman my dear boy, never forget, yuujou kokoro ni busu ni wa nara nee and songs that can be played in a band format.
    it's not hard to play japanese songs, basically it's the same as any other songs in the world :) well maybe the tunes and chord are a bit different from western songs, but it's the same as any songs anyway.
    u can get the guitar chords from the internet, but most of the time it's the duty of the guitarist to find the chord by himself. same as any other members. the bass chord, keyboards, drums pattern (i'm the drummer in the band), they all have to find the chords by themselves. that makes it interesting, eh~?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yaaa....
    it too interesting...
    before this i searched the guitar chord for morning musume songs in the internet,but the result is zero....
    can you give me a site for the guitar chord???
    i really want to try play the momusu songs like your band.....
    sorry for my bad english......

7. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

sorry for the late late reply...
    maybe if u search for just momusu chord, it is zero result.
    maybe if u search for a more general term like...jpop guitar chords or something.
    or how about search for the midi version of the songs? they should include the chords for guitar, bass, drums and other instruments usually...
    as for my band, all the players have been working on the chords by themselves, without any help of the internet. ;)

8. transcendental_protagonis

transcendental_protagonis Kenkyuusei

I have a heavy metal band, I'm on guitars and backing vocals :D We once play Animetal version of Pegasus Fantasy, the crowd went crazy. hella good that was

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh man....it's great....search the chord by the own....too hard for me....
    thanks for the suggestion....i will search for the chord soon....
    thanks kyu....

10. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

Wow :shock: Animetal version? Pegasus Fantasy the original version itself is a great song, let alone the Animetal version!!! Cool... but then again, Pegasus Fantasy is one great everlasting anime song. Whether old bands or new bands, if u play Pegasus Fantasy (and u play it right, of course), u will always get a big applause from the audience. Been there, done that :lol:
    Beside Pegasus Fantasy, what other songs r ur band playing? What kinda metal songs? Any influences? :D

11. puipui

puipui Kenkyuusei

wow....i hope you can play the momusu songs and you can play the songs to me...hahahaha :twisted:

12. puipui

puipui Kenkyuusei

wow....i really want to play jrock songs..but i haven't jrock band...

13. Aiko

Aiko Kenkyuusei

Ooo, that sounds like so much fun. o o

I sang in Japanese for my Britain's Got Talent audition? XD Miss Love Tantei. <3

14. transcendental_protagonis

Actually Pegasus Fantasy was the only anime song we covered so far, but we've been invited to play on an anime event but since the other guitarrist is in Canada right now I dont know if we'll play there.
    We usually play some Heavy stuffs, metallica, iron maiden and other no-so-well-known bands like Amon amarth and Angra, we have 2 own instrumental songs though :)

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

waaa....maybe i will play the song soon in front of you....
    just wait and see....
    if you want i play a jrock songs,you just search the chord and give it to me.... :D

16. Monty

Monty Kenkyuusei

recently my band plays Momusu's song "Ambitious! yashinteki de iinjan"
    it's quite giving us a headache...

esp. the harmonization between guitar n keyboard in the solo part...
    but i'm the bassist though so i don't experience that kind of difficulty :D

btw i'm in the same band with the person who made this thread :lol:

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the same band with kyu???
    in your band,which position is kyu????
    lead guitar or drummer????

18. transcendental_protagonis

lol, kinda.. you play Jpop ? like momusu ? with a male vocalist ?

19. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

oh come on...read my first post here, please...my band has 2 FEMALE vocalists, and yes we play jpop songs. Any objection? :lol:
    But if u get to hear our own songs, u will agree that we're not so jpop after all hehehe...
    Wow Amon Amarth and Angra...COOL!!! I know those 2 bands, really cool speed-metal bands. Especially Angra, i've been a fan of that band for a long time. Well especially that Andre Matos era... :)

i'm the leader and the drummer in my band. my being is...somewhat hidden behind those great drum set, so people rarely sees me thus i don't have as many fans as my 2 FEMALE vocalists... :lol:

20. foojason

foojason Kenkyuusei

Oops! I thought I had to belong in a band to post in here. :D

kyu, your band sounds very cool. I like ZONE and H!P! a lot and of course I love AKB48 so I'll definitely like your band. ;) Do your vocalists sing the original Japanese lyrics or do they in in their own language?