Single AKB48 43rd [Kimi wa Melody] (2016/03/09)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 15, 2015.

1. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

First of all, I can't avoiding writing how fast the whole drama about the "graduates taking over AKB" has become forgotten history. This scenery was pretty obvious to me from the start, but truth be told, until now, we still don't know the whole story for this single.

Regarding what we know:

Sakura is/might be the center:

- While I'm not and anti (I don't remember writing anything about her, with the exception of a phrase related with the Mechaike Dokkiri), I have to say that I'm not a fan either. To me she unites the best in Sasshi (the intelligence of knowing exactly what to do to appeal to the audience) with the beauty and cuteness of her young age. Unfortunately, she also takes Sasshi behavior to another level, to a level that I don't especially like. Her performance in last year's sports festivals is a clear example of that. When someone, like it seemed to me, sacrifices the good of the group for "personal" gain (and since everything could have been scripted, it would be unfair to call it "personal gain"), it crosses a line that makes me not liking them.
    But, on the other hand, I do prefer her as center than, for instance, Paruru, not because I like her more than Paruru (it's actually the other way around), but because I believe she is a better representative in music shows and the like than Paruru, just because, like I said before, she instinctively knows what to say and how to behave, something that Paruru doesn't.

One other note that I would like to address:

I have heard many people comparing Sakura push to center to Jurina's push in 2008/2009. While I understand the limited context of the references, I cannot let it pass without making it clear that I believe it to be a extremely unfair comparison, even taking into account the limited context.
    Jurina, from the little that I know of her, is a very dedicated girl, someone that works very hard to give people a very good performance, and that transpires in the performances that I have seen from her. Also, she is the complete opposite of Sakura in terms of effort and dedication when representing her team/group. That can be easily seen in every sports meeting or the like.

2. Smartiesdoodle

Smartiesdoodle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Mine worked just fine, I'm opening it in my phone tho, in standard browser..not chrome. Maybe you should try it too :)

Thankyou so much @ForrestFuller san :)

3. renjiro

renjiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sakaguchinagisa
    I guess this is what meant by the single "10nen Zakura" [hehe]

"Let's meet again 10 years from now
    Around the time these cherry blossoms bloom
    No matter what I'll come here"

credits: studio48

4. leoASH

leoASH Kenkyuusei

Lmao yeah lol...Thanks a lot for a humor.

5. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    I don't like that they have picked Sakura as center instead of, say, Mion. Or Mayu, or Paru, or even Yuki. Tbh I think I'd even prefer Acchan center over Sakura (or Sasshi or Jurina or Sayanee) - at least that would make sense with the 10th anniversary narrative, although I would still be VERY unhappy about it. As others have said, if they would transfer Sakura to AKB, that would be better. But like this? A single that should be either start of the new AKB era, or AKB 10th anniversary, and they pick a girl who I presume is always going to choose HKT over AKB if she has the choice. Can they just please give the AKB new (12th onwards) gen a chance. There are so many awesome girls who would do brilliantly if they would just give them the chance.

• Like Like x 2
  6. OraishO

OraishO Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    oraisho
    i would like to see quad center acchan, yuko, mayuyu, and sasshi so much! and i secretly hope that there won't be solo center because there're too many members that i want to see in the frontline, so no solo center pleasee...T^T
    if it's a double center, sakuraXmion will be a good pairing but isn't it too much push.
    i think yuriaXrenacchi or mayuyuXsasshi will be the best double center, or yuihanXtakamina.

7. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    I'll try another browser and see if the link works. It doesn't on Chrome.

I mean if they really planned Sakura to be the center all along then there's no need to bring back the OGs right? I'm curious as what will they do about the OGs in this single.

8. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    I feel pretty alone in this fandom, yet i want to address my thought on this matter because there's a lot of discrepancies going on. I do feel like Miyawaki Sakura's choice as center was logical. I'm gonna answer point after point arguments i've seen on twitter.

Actually, the theme of 10th anniversary never has been settled as "the glory of the old gen". As Yuihan extremely well said "AKB greatest rival is AKB, we need to be worthy of those who built AKB this far". What If the 43th single is an official "passing the torch" ceremony, with old gen as witnesses and the center as the bearer? Then Sakura, as representative of the new gen, completely make sense. Also, the current performance is not the real choregraphy, and i'm up to say the ori kami 7 is surrounding Sakura.

I've seen a lot of those statements and i don't understand how it can still be legit after all the push Jurina had in AKB. AKB48 as it is, is JAPAN48, or 48Group. To bring AKB to a world-scale level, you need to bring the most popular members. In the beginning, AKB senbatsu was composed of most popular member of Team A, K and B respectively. Now it's the same system, but applied to a bigger range, with best members of SKE, NMB and HKT. You need to realize that it was mandatory to do that in order for AKB to reach this level. Just look at the sousenkyo. It is open to everyone. So why would AKB48 single (which is AKBgroup for those who have followed my reasoning) be AKB only? If you want initiative in that direction, management is doing so by making Request hour or Concerts AKB only. But we have to be realistic, if you want everyone to stay on their side, it would also mean Sister group Handshake in their respective single as well. And it's not gonna happen.

It is from everyone taste to like or not like a member, but i do observe much more enthusiasm for Sayanee than Sakura. But let's put it from a management point of view; Sayanee is 23 and soon to graduate in order to pursue her solo career, and Sakura is 18 and is almost doubling her sousenkyo votes each year. When it comes to promote new gen, who do you push? Even you know the answer.

Last but not least, because this statement is the least evident to answer, as strictly AKB48 is indeed lacking strong member. This is an issue. But i would say you need to answer "what kind of member do you want to create?" first. Mion is popular, if you put her as center this time, she will get visibility and probably get some more appeal votes. But it's impossible to reach the status beyond popular, the kami 7 level. However, along with Sayanee and Jurina, Sakura is the only one capable of breaking the 100 000 votes milestone for this year Sousenkyo. Just look at Jurina, she centered both SKE and AKB, has countless appearance in Variety show, major role in majisuka, good handshakes sales, and YET it took her over 6 years to reach the 100k milestone. The requirement to be Kami 7 level is insane, and it will need that much for Sakura to reach it, as she is no exception. To be to the top, you need EVERYTHING AKB48 can afford to give you. And a 43th single center is included.

Why it is so important to have a 100k member rather than a lot of popular members? Because of the mainstream. People who don't know AKB48 will just stop taking a peek at the top of the sousenkyo. They don't know folks like Shibata Aya, or Muto tomu. But when you see big numbers like Mayu, Yukirin or Sasshi, they would say "they look popular. Who are they?" And sometime it makes all the difference. When Mayu and Yukirin will graduate, it is vital to have members of the same strength. Sakura needs to be super popular for AKB's sake. And now is not the time to be stingy about pushing, we are so close.

I always advocate for fans expressing their feelings, but sometime i get why other fandom makes fun of us. We are complaining about the group bringing back old gen, but when we put Sakura, undoubtely a new gen representative, as center, people complain again, even though it's kind of answering our worries about old gen being over used in AKB. I can't help but feel some hypocrisy from some people. Or people just don't like Sakura and that, i can understand, but let's not make it like a management missplay.

• Like Like x 7
  9. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    I am at least appreciate the tittle "kimi wa melody" instead of complain about "kimi wa sakura" lol. Perhaps sometime AKB48 native members could "suddenly" become center at their sister group next single

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  10. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg
  11. OraishO

OraishO Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    oraisho
    i'm agree with you, i prefer the graduates to centering this more than sakura. she is one of my oshi, but isn't it too much push on her. i'm a bit disappointed now, while i'm looking forward on seeing a quad center of acchan, yuko, mayuyu, and sasshi, then sakura come to crush my dream T^T
    but anyway, we can't do much about it.

12. Calani Yukimay

Calani Yukimay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Oh God.. Is it for real!? Is this true!? They're bringing back graduates just to back up Sakura sole-centered song!? They're going all with NogixAKB, NGT debut song for this twist!? For real!? It's not a joke is it?
    You know my expression was like :eek::eek::eek:

All these gimmicks just to over push Sakura who is already strong enough to going individual. Even Miion deserves more this than Sakura.. or Takamina another last center thingy is so much better..

I don't hate Sakura but this.. this just too much :fp:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  13. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Actually we know that she is the center, there is no question on that. During the RH they announced her as the center of the 43rd single.

Regarding your final note, I agree Sakura/Jurina push comparisons are unfair. But not because what you wrote... I don't get where you see Sakura as not dedicated or hard working besides in your own mind lol
    Its unfair comparison because 2008/2009 Jurina was 11yrs old and completely unknown/total airdrop center. Sakura's big push/airdrop center happened after she was known and high ssk rank. This center she is already kami7, oogoe diamond center jurina had been in the group for 2 months. That is completely different and unfair comparison imo.

Pictures of the center announcement if anyone wants proof:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pictures of the performance:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Millyna

Millyna Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    The link doesn't work on Chrome, Firefo and Internet Explorer for me. Anyone a tip? :(

15. ABF48

ABF48 Member

see this.. its been a couple hours after the annoncement, but when i checked at japan's update, sakura center news is nowhere to be seen lol she have no power in public, i guess even reporter itself is not interested to make article about her [hehe]

how can such a big important news like this didnt get covered in any media news lol

did she really deserved this position ? did she really have that power ? :p

16. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Stop lying. Its on top of Yahoo news atm... If you're gonna be an anti at least do so with proof instead of lies.

http://news.yahoo.co.jp/hl?c=c_ent

edit: I mean seriously you literally just have to go to google and type in AKB, and the news section is full of news of this single and center. I didn't know anti's were lazy and illiterate... :fp::fp::fp:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  17. Pheebs

Pheebs Upcoming Girls

The link works with Mozilla, I just had to refresh a couple times :)

Anyway I think it's weird to bring the graduates back to Sakura centered single, but on the other hand I am very curious to see performances and what the single is like in the end. Kimi wa melody sounds like a pretty
    beautiful song, I really want to hear the studio version of it.

18. miyuu

miyuu Kenkyuusei

I'm glad that my oshi was graduated,, feel sorry for "akb new gen only member" ,,
    They must feel devastated
    First -kennin member become center in a team song,,
    second- kennin member got main role in akb drama,
    and now kenin member become solo center,,
    They need exposure but the best exposure gifted to kennin member who got many exposure in they own group,,
    I don't hate sakura,,
    But that comes in my mind when I read an article about 43rd single

19. kmk808

kmk808 Kenkyuusei

Maybe Sakura is center so they can continue the story from 10nen zakura, where Yuko is pregnant with a girl to be named "Sakura".

• Like Like x 1
  20. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    lol, they totally go for Sakura as the center. maybe it had some connection with 10nen Sakura. where Yuko named her would-be daughter "Sakura" and I'm temporarily saying goodbye to expectations when it comes to AKB Single. and on the argument that Sakura should be fully transferred to AKB. well, if only Sakura, Sayanee and Jurina would be fully transferred to AKB and graduate in their own 48G. so, the sister group would have a new gen of their own and they could be full AKB member. then why not. but right now. the issue of kennin/sg member taking (center) spots on team and senbatsu will be a debate in a loop. since we all different opinions about it. cause personally, I don't like the idea of the new gen composing of senbatsu members that have little connection or bond with each other. they don't feel a group to me. more like popular members that are formed in a group with no or little chemistry. well, the system is different now. instead of senbatsu members of only AKB members. we have SKE, NMB and HKT on AKB. and soon NGT. AKB48 is just a name or brand now. it has little to do with AKB members or their history as a group. which is a sad truth for AKB48 fans. little by little AKB is being wipeout in their own group.

what I didn't like about Sakura centering this "10th Anni-Single" is the fact that it's AKB48 10th Anniversary Single and the one centering it is an hkt member. way to go management. what a way to explain to AKB fans and AKB members. what kind of state or era we are in now. for me. it's totally fine for Sakura to center an AKB Single once in a while. but for this single. 10th Anni and Old Gens coming back. wow, just wow. it's no wonder why the said AKB new gen non-senbatsu members are feeling hopeless and frustrated with their AKB career. I wish they would just drop the AKB48 name for every AKB Single and call it AKB48G Single. then all these issues would be over. since AKB48 members and their fans have little rights now. cause AKB48 is the 48G where all fans can enjoy, all the 48G members in one group. you can't be an AKB48 purist in the new gen era. and Sakura must have had the best push by far. they even bring back the Old Gen to be one of her backup singers [hehe] well, AKB fans did enjoyed the hype while it last.

• Like Like x 1