Juice=Juice

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ValentineDoe, Apr 1, 2013.

1. peterthepickle

peterthepickle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Another PV for their upcoming single was released - check it out!

if the video does not show watch the video here

2. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Tomoko is centering the third song of their single, Im very excited!

3. banana

banana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    ^me too.. Tomoko slays..
    wish they gave a song with Akari center too..

4. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Aari centers Arekore Shitai and Next You's songs (Next is you and Otona no Jijou). Maybe an album song too, but Im not sure.
    But I definitely hope for more rotating centers. Sayuki's center songs on the album turned out great

5. banana

banana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Sayuki has many lines.. she's even center in some of their dance break..
    but there is no single that heavily center by her, so it definitely interesting..

6. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    KEEP ON honestly felt Sayuki center to me.
    I'd guess management is scared to put her as a center because she is the least popular. They actually seem scared to switch Karin as center overall. It took them so long to give Tomoko a center A side and she is outselling her goods always fast. While Akari's center songs felt heavy Karin still.

7. YJSN_ParuYuko

YJSN_ParuYuko Member

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Twitter:
    fanboyjaehyun

The lyrics is written by ex-Angerme 's Fukuda Kanon btw.

8. banana

banana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Great MV.. cheap but interesting.. now that I see the whole thing, I don't really think it is heavily centered by Tomoko.. it is more like
    Tomoko-Akari-Sayuki rotating center.. the lyric is great.. kinda impress with Fukuda Kanon as lyricist.. it is nice to see an ex-idol behind the scene now.. hopefully we can see an ex-idol becoming a composer in the future..

9. Anni48

Anni48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I wonder what makes the difference with the recent H!P releases.
    Juice=Juice's first day sales were pretty stable with 26,561 copies compared to their previous singles while Country Girls (from 29,498 to 14,604 on the first day) and Angerme (from 33,742 to 16,623 on the first day) sold a lot less after Oricon changed their counting system.
    Not that I wanna complain cause for me this is my favorite Juice=Juice single since Hadaka no Hadaka no Hadaka no KISS/Arekore Shitai! so I'm glad they're doing so well. I'm just wondering

10. YJSN_ParuYuko

YJSN_ParuYuko Member

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Twitter:
    fanboyjaehyun
    Sorry for OOT, but, I still don't understand the difference between Oricon's old counting system and their new counting system.

11. Anni48

Anni48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    tbh I didn't fully understand the new counting system either. They've made too many changes lately. o_O I just can't keep up with their new rules anymore. But maybe somebody who knows it better can explain it.

12. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    They no longer count multiple copies bought by 1 person (aka bulk buying). They only count a certain amount of copies that a single person has bought. Thats why Angerme's last single was 30k on Oricon but 50k+ on Billboard.
    Juice had a very good first day but that is probably due to the fact the single was announced long ago and these copies were preorders.
    For a better vision on how well the single did we will have to wait for Billboard's number for the week

13. Anni48

Anni48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Ok, I knew it had something to do with bulk buying. But there was a rule about that before wasn't it? So they basically made it even more strict, right? thb I don't understand why they're doing that cause in the end it doesn't really matter if 1 person bought 50 copies or 50 people each buy 1. In the end 50 sold copies are 50 sold copies doesn't matter who bought them. Just makes Oricon even less realistic ...

I still find it kinda odd that Juice=Juice did much better in Oricon than the other two. Might really have to do with it being announced so long ago so it doesn't fall under the new rules. *shrugs*
    Anyways, gonna wait til I see their first week sales. I'm happy about them doing well though. :D

14. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Well I guess it has to do with people complaining about idols dominating the music market, but it cant be helped when agencies are pulling off good gimmicks. And besides Oricon is supposed to be a reliable sales reporter, but now they are just becoming just one of the charts.

15. banana

banana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I guess Oricon did not want to count in bulk purchases (esp during handshake event) & purely want to count based on popularity.. but it did not mention how much is the limit..
    seems like a lot of idol groups suffered from this already.. it seem like they implement this starting in mid september..
    as for why J=J is doing good on 1st day sales were because of the early promotion.. their billboard promotion was done 2 months ealier..
    I dont really care about oricon.. I still bought all those single & still did not get counted (bought from hmv).. if i like it i'll buy it..
    but i do understand the worry.. it'll just discourage fans from buying more & the group will suffer in the end..

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  16. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I dont think it will discourage fans, especially HP fans. They dont really buy multiple copies for the Oricon number itself, but rather for the idol experience itself. And Juice doesnt really chase any milestones right now (like Momusu with 100k). If anything it might encourage them to start tricking the system (like splitting orders).
    And from now on Billboard will seem like a more checked chart than Oricon.

Billboard reported 59k on first week
    http://www.billboard-japan.com/sp/d_news/detail/43733/2

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
  17. banana

banana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    ummm.. maybe you are right.. I'm just speaking from experience.. lol
    back when oversea sales was still counted, I bought bunch of the CD so that they can chart better.. Now I still buy them, but not as much as before.. previously I always bought all the version available, but now I just buy the version that I want.. yeah it did discourage me a bit when they stop counting oversea sales.. but I guess maybe being a fan living in Japan is different.. they bought the single & they can meet the girls..
    & yeah.. I'm sure fans will come out of ways to trick the system :p
    but I wonder if we can use the same trick at HS event?

wow.. that billboard sales is quite good..

18. banana

banana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Juice=Juice finally performed at Budokan yesterday after reaching their goal of performing 220 lives (actually they exceed those goals by extra 5 lives)
    Congrats J=J!!

19. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I watched the BS Sky recording. It was a really good concert. Very well produced and the members gave their all

20. Anni48

Anni48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Here's some more footage from JijiPress

And from Maidigi TV

I'm glad they could archive their dream and had such a great performance at Budokan.
    It's still a prestigious ground for many groups and I'm happy Juice=Juice could reach their goal! Congrats girls!