STU48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'STU48 News & Releases' started by nakotteiijan, Oct 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

^Exactly my thoughts too before it was announced that Naachan's captain. However, how can she prioritize STU over AKB though. She's still a growing member and she's just a kennin member. That's like asking Yukirin to stop her AKB jobs and focus on NGT.

2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Different times, I guess?
    When NMB was formed they had still not broken into mainstream and so on, IIRC. So there was no need for "help" at all.

Now that the 48G are more stagnant and it's more about individuals and so on, a big name is needed if they want people to look twice at yet another 48 group.
    Sasshi is a legend, so there you have it. I'm sure she'll start talking about STU tomorrow. :^^;:

Miu, Yuurii, Kocchan, Yamada, Riona, Yurina and Kaoru are next. :p

My guess is that the plan is to transfer her eventually to STU.
    The thing is that she's a rising AKB star and has everything in her favour right now in AKB, so pushing her away would be such a mistake.
    So a kennin is a way of testing the waters.
    She'll probably fall in love with her new team and decide she wants to take STU over AKB or something like that and transfer. :^^;:

Also, she's captain because Japan has this ridiculous respect for seniority. It would be weird for a new girl to be the captain over her, IMO.

3. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Naachan getting a kennin as well as captain is great news !!! i believe she is a great candidate for captain :1st: my only concern is how often can she participate with STU48 ? (shonichi and seitansai:^^;:)

4. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    I'll tell you what comes next for those girls: nothing. Zero. No jobs.

5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

But Yamada is studying for that!

6. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

Sasshi is probably only there for name. She barely appears up for HKT stuff. She is t.v shows everyday. I think she made in over 350 appearances last year.

I don't think Sasshi being there will have the same effect. HKT did well due to guidance and leadership from Sasshi not her name. At that time Sasshi was transferred because she was demoted from the scandal. She actually spent time with the members and taught them. But if Sasshi isn't going to be there alot with the Stu members then it doesn't work.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  7. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

So, Sasshi basically spoilt Naachan's 15 minutes of fame.

8. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    She's not even a STU!

Can you imagine how it would be if AKB's first generation had Morning Musume as their senpai instead of having to grow up by themselves? Because that's what's happening with every new sister group right now. They have turned STU into the sister group version of Kimi wa Melody. Yes, this will grant them fast and easy success... but what's the fun in all this? Why can't AKS just let their idols create their own characters without having anyone to tell them how they should be? I know why... but it's just so...

9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I think that's what bothers me the most about the whole Sasshi thing.
    If they'd let Naachan have this moment, help through the final audition and so on... and a later date announce Sasshi's thing, fine, but right after Naachan... :hmm:

... yet!

10. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    I mean, she's from Kansai, dammit!

11. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Can I just see Marine-themed uniforms for these girls?
    Like the first uniforms for Aqours, please? :cute:

12. kaisap112

kaisap112 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Sae managed to be a kennin captain for SNH and SKE just fine? [hehe]

Let's face it: in Team 4 Nana's been playing second fiddle to Kojimako and now Juri etc. for a good while now. She's shown her capacity and dedication to leadership before, even as a kenkyusei, so why not give her this great opportunity? It's not like Kitarie was hurt by captaincy of a new SG.

As for the whole "why can't the new groups face the same hardships and lack of senior help as AKB48 1st gens??"...yeah, because times have changed, the groups are popular now and the conditions from 2005-2006 can't be replicated. I think one girl with previous experience in the 48 franchise won't bring down STU48, but rather knows how the system works, how to behave with fans and staff, what it takes to be good at being an idol. There are a lot of worse choices for captaincy and a management push "LET'S MAKE YURIA/KATO RENA CAPTAIN" wouldn't have surprised me in the least. But Naachan can pull it off and with a different energy and vibe from Jurina, Sayanee, Sasshi, Takamina and other group captains/leaders.

I want to support Nana on this one! :approve:

13. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Lol nana second fiddle? Whatcha mean? And you just had to bring in Yuria for that argument sake lololol.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

14. JesseKasai

JesseKasai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Did they not consider mikachii for manager? :wtf:

15. Mayu Paru

Mayu Paru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Anws Sashi probs grad b4 2020?? Shes prob just there to set up structure and sort of "groom" the girls till certain standards and once she grads no surprise Naachan takes over and fully transfer to STU for once. Im kinda glad some one like Naachan finally gets a place to shine on her own, but sad news the new STU people will probably stand in her shadows. Nonetheless, im pretty sure more Kenin members will come in (most likely b4 Sashi grads)

16. Rist

Rist Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyaakane
    STU is fucked up since the beginning... Well, we still have NGT.

17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Why?
    They got a great captain and the biggest name in AKB right now to support themselves before starting.

Again, I'm not sold on the idea of having Sasshi there, but the girls going through the auditions must be excited af.
    Not only getting into a SG but also getting to know Naachan AND SASSHI?! They're rehearsing in their sleep.

I'm more excited for STU than I've ever been for a SG tbh. :^^;:

18. Rist

Rist Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyaakane
    Have you seen how much spotlight that "GM" hoards every time she can? This is going to be another Sasshi48 AND for a captain I would like a more emotionally stable member, to be honest.

19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

You mean the spotlight she refused in HKT because she knows having the most popular girl at center doesn't help the group?

As for emotionally stable... what?
    If there's any girl among the new gens that has the ability to lead, that's Naachan (and Juri, but she's busy with Team 4 and AKB in the future).

Mod edit: Please refrain from personal attacks.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2017
  20. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    Wait, emotional problems? Are we talking about her SSK speech? I think she would never agree on being Captain of STU48 if she wasn't feeling strong enough for it. I always remembered her as the one girl who had really good points in conversations, and gave advice to other members, and I think this is a really strong asset of her, and for the captain position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.