Graduation announcements thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kuchi-Chan, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    While I can see where the preference for 48G members discussion only is coming from, I still think its too petty to mind the small 46G inputs here.

It's just practically a graduation announcement update thread with just some thoughts on whom people think will or should graduate every now and then.

2. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Y'all are being way too close minded. It's not like 46G members are graduating constantly so what's wrong with mentioning one or two 46 names? Chill. It will not "flood" the thread. It's another case if we're at 46G's thread talking about 48G graduating members but we're not.

Funny how people don't complain when certain people still bring up SNH in 48G (AKB in particular) threads when they've completely parted away (uh hum..calling themselves "SNH48 Group") while 46G is still very much relevant to the 48s

3. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Okay, I didn't mean for this to be a two page conversation. A decision has been made. All opinions thereafter are merely trivia, and not necessary. Move on. Thank you.

4. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
  5. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
  6. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

But if no one posts 46 grads here how am I supposed to know about them

>(

Kitarie knows how to leave in a timely fashion. She's done what she set out to do in her ambassadorial relationship with NGT and they no longer need her. If only some other members *coughmiichancough* could follow suit.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

When I heard about this it made think of checking the first SSK, of the 28 ranking AKB members in 2009 only Kitarie, Myao, Miichan, Sasshi, Mayuyu and Yukirin are still in the 48 group and I presume none of them will take part in next years competition (maybe Myao?). Matsui Jurina may well be the only one of the original SSK rankers to take part in the 10th SSK but she was SKE in 2009 and still is.

8. Polygonsilikon

Polygonsilikon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    What I heard during the post ssk discussion was that Mii-chan plans to take part i next years ssk

9. PetalidiStelle

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    Unfortunately, she does. Even more if big names like Kitarie keep on graduating. She seems to be the kind of person who sees one more empty spot in senbatsu as the one for her, and keeps trying, but failing every time.

It's not like I hate her, I just think her leaving would be better for everyone.

10. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I kinda fail to see how her leaving would be better for everyone, ranking in at 19th may not be senbatsu, but it still indicates a substantial fanbase.
    Btw, you are aware she's younger then Kitahara Rie even though she's first generation?

And furthermore, isn't the point of AKB that there's something for everyone to like amongst all those of members?

11. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

There's a mindset that for every senbatsu regular/SSK ranker leaving, it's equal an open spot in AKB senbatsu/SSK for everyone. This is not limited to Minegishithough, as we've seen people thinking the same with many other girls before.
    That point doesn't mention all those members will be liked equally. Some will be venerated to goddess-level like, some became the living joke, and rest lies in-between.

12. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    For her and her fans, she gets to quit while she's ahead. For everyone else, they get their favs bumped one space up the ladder.

13. firecoral

firecoral Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    Additionally, it totally made sense for her to run this year because she nearly made senbatsu last year (UG center). I applaud her determination. She's been consistently UG ever since falling from senbatsu in elections, and honestly I'd kind of like to see her announce graduation after making SSK senbatsu one last time.

• Like Like x 1
  14. firecoral

firecoral Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    She's still getting the votes. From what I can see, she still has fans and a chance to get into senbatsu, so I don't fault her for trying. It'd be a really complete narrative for her AKB career if she ranked like 16th in the 2018 election and then announced graduation.

15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Here's hoping!

But she also has to realise (many do) that just because some girls above you are leaving, it doesn't mean you're automatically going up.

If Ogiyuka, Hinatan, Sally, Nao, Mirurun and Akarin flying over her (and many others) wasn't reason enough to convince her it's a lost battle, I don't know what is.

16. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Surprise! It's true unfortunately.

17. PetalidiStelle

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    This is basically my point. She's getting the votes, but if other girls are getting even more, what does it matter?
    I do admire her perseverance. But AKB needs to focus on fresher girls, and they have been showing some signs of doing that. If they keep it up, the veterans will be left behind.
    So, it would be better for everyone because they would be moving forward. By all the 1st gens graduating, AKB would look fresher; by Miichan graduating, she's cutting the strings she still had attached to AKB, doing her own thing without the need to compete and achieve something that has become difficult for her. It wasn't with the meaning of leaving an empty spot, but well, I do want to see new faces.

18. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

There is a point where a member is not doing anything for AKB, but AKB is doing everything for them. Miichan is one of these, which is the major reason I say she needs to graduate. She brought international shame upon the Japanese idol industry and AKB with her scandal and then resolved to stay in AKB, starting from square one with her nose to the grindstone mentoring new members and redeeming herself in the eyes of the industry and the public. She has accomplished this and more. It's done. She gave back to AKB what she intended to give back and she fixed her career after a bad scandal. Now, all she's doing is languishing in the easy, comfortable framework of an AKB paycheck and the opportunities it gives her. She's no longer bringing anything unique, exciting, new or fresh to the group, just the name of "last remaining 1st gen member". And honestly, the group needs to be looking forward if it wants to survive, not back at its last remaining 1st gen member who should have graduated a year ago.

While Takamina once lamented newer AKB members treating it as only a stepping stone to another career and not reveling in or concentrating on being in the group during their time there, the fact is that an idol group is not a permanent home for anyone, and is intended to be a stepping stone. Miichan is squatting at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  19. jade

jade Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    jade9454
    how do you know that she is not doing anything for it. She still doing handshakes, still participate regular on stages like other membes. You means that shouldn't counted?
    and is what AKB do for her last 2 years really huge as people said?
    a last round and almost last position on large senbatsu members single? giving by that is 2-3 performance on music show (included AKB48SHOW!)?
    keep pushing back on team stage each time we have team shuffle?
    2 times apperance on AKBINGO! on 2016 to introduce new MCs and haven't apperanced since then?
    2 mini drama on 4x members paticipated series which repleaced by majisuka 5 and wrestling ones?
    she has appereanced a lot on TV shows, but how do you know it's all because of AKB?
    she already on OgiPro, you know. If AKS favor her that much, she should have been on BINGO! all the time because variety is her strengths

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  20. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Reading this made me think should I give up my accounting manager job, so that I can give an opportunity to those who work under me a chance at a promotion for my job. I should give up my comfortable job that pays my bills just because I've learned all there is to it and find something exciting in the accounting field, right? :rolleyes: