Single NGT48 2nd [Sekai wa Doko Made Aozora na no ka?] (2017/12/06)

Discussion in 'NGT48 News & Releases' started by namine, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    This Type B MV was really unexpected. While I don't have Rika as my oshimen, I was warming up to her for her hard work, but now it sort of cooled off a lot after seeing this MV. Being pushed by management to the point of being unfair to other members especially in the case of NGT48, I personally find that just rude and a big turn off.

2. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    idk, but fandom tends to hate an early overpushed member. Senbatsu in main group is one thing, but a solo with MV, is way too early for her. Remember that while I agree that she's one of the top girls, she's not exactly the hot item right now. It's all about timing, I guess, I would give Ogino a solo first then Rika.

Let's just hope her fans can maintain her deserved push, unlike a certain pushed member who got outranked by a KKS and outsold by some of her peers in HS sales. (no hate for that member tho, she's cute <3)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  3. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    not bad. oblivious, but not bad song. her voice remind me Milky, but not cute ver. anyway dislike, I don't like her :twisted: Single (songs and MV) very weak... I'm disappointed. At least A-side song is great! but not MV.

anyway about Rika-hime! I would like to get rid of her. Such people as Rika always spoil the reputation and create problems, they are often hated by many. but I'd prefet that NGT to be more like Sakamichi. Maybe really transfer her to NMB? for NMB she's OK!

4. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

Well she is on the cover [hehe]
    This might be crazier than a SakamichiNGT lol I'm glad it's not Kitarie's graduation.

For a moment I thought you were trolling us with an MV of NMB48's Milky!

Rikachan looks good and sounds good imo. There's some awkward clips near the harbor I didn't understand, but the video and production quality is amazing overall. The MV is quite similar to Junjo Shugi's concept, which I feel Rikachan rocked as center. I can see why some people wouldn't like this concept on her, I too would love a wacky cute princess concept one last time before she embraces her adult side.

It kind of makes sense considering that her center song doesn't have an MV, while Tsugumin who didn't even rank does. This was supposed to be the SSK reward single afterall. I feel bad for Moeka though. Maybe it's because she's centering the NGT48 song in AKB48's b-side on March?

Anyways, Aki-p likes Rika so I can see him writing a song just for her. Such as Milky's Waruki and that Showa song.

This is not true wtf

I have a hard time believing you're an Ogiyuka fan lmfao

5. Mr. Take It Easy

Mr. Take It Easy Kenkyuusei

I was praying it wasn’t Kitaries graduation song too!!!

I love Ogiyuka, but I know she’s not the prettiest girl in 48G.
    And I like Rika more, I just love NGT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

I don't get why people here have to be like X doesn't deserve a single Y works so much harder! Like how about they all deserve getting a solo?

7. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    I wish some people here were at least smart enough to call a spade a spade and name this for what it is, a forcible attempt at gori-push and nothing else. It's not like they're even trying to hide it anymore.

The fact that the only way apologists can justify this privileged treatment right now -- in the face of the mediocre popularity being already exposed and the plummeting HS sales -- is to keep chalking everything up to "muh Showroom", even thought we're talking about stuff that is completely unrelated to its scope, only helps make it more evident what an inexcusable travesty it has become.
    Besides, if Showroom really worked such miracles just by being really vocal on it, then I would have expected a certain someone to have become a lifetime Sanrio ambassador by now, and another certain someone to have her own senryuu compositions published in some form, and a third certain someone to be working as a sports commentator at ekiden races. (Probably half of these references will fly over your head because, for all the talk, you don't even know what really goes on in there)
    I hope no one is really so naive, not to say clueless, as to still believe this at this point.

Is Rika a member with a solo singing voice that would deserve her own track? Absolutely not. And if you ask me, the honor should go to Anju first and foremost.
    Who are they trying to cater to by inserting a track in Toyama-ben in a single from a Niigata-based group? Are they really so hellbent on pushing Rika to the point of putting NGT's real purpose and identity on the backseat? I see that all the proud talk about NGT being so "jimoto micchaku" and being so closely connected to their home region have already evaporated as the empty words they are. And if they are expecting the single to sell well in Toyama just by virtue of Rika's name, well, it just means they were too dense to take a lesson from the three episodes of Niigatta Friend taking place in said prefecture. Nobody gives a damn there, to put it mildly.
    Finally, who the hell are the Los Indios? I was expecting them to be some obscure band from either Niigata or Toyama, at least it would have brought some sense into all of this, but it turns out their are neither. On top of that, their last Kohaku appearance was in 1982, talk about has-beens.
    More than anything else, I'm disappointed they even wasted one B-side for such a pointless song which has no reason to exist by any possible logic.

Like I told some time ago, my suspicions was that the management was confident that this Sousenkyo would have given them the confirmation they needed to carry on with their Rika-only push. They surely had projects laid out since before, but the results turned out to be so different from their predictions that their plans suffered a setback. And now, sure enough, here we see them moving goalposts so that they can have it their own way regardless.
    Too lazy to promote the other girls in the group? Then what's the point of even having 20-something members in the first place, incompetent management.

8. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Omg chill. It's not like Rikahime is centering the single and having a solo. Ogiyuka got the center, Rikahime got a solo. Things are fair. That's how they don't overpush anyone in particular.

9. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Well, Rika is still the princess.

Los Indios. Didn't find any info about this group on Google but the name means The Native in Spanish isn't it?

10. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    NGT now have same problem as AKB. girls in different agencies! of course otapro and horipro never be promote and find work for other girls, this is why girls like Sasshi etc always have a good position in group and in show-biz industry (CM, TV, sembatsu end) and girls from NMB haven't (through AKB of course, only on their own, thanks for Yoshimoto), but their push was working, so OK GJ, but AKB have members like Myao. she was big failing.
    So we may to see in the future clash of interests of different companies in NGT... good or bad? who know...

11. sayakalover

sayakalover Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Haha I thought the same at first!

Rika sounds pretty similar to Milky when she sings.

12. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    i don't mind Rikahime having a solo and I'm glad her push is still going on
    i don't like the song tho :(

13. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

NGT48's 2nd Single (Sekai wa Doko Made Aozora na no ka?) (4th Round HS Sales Results)
    Ogino Yuka (10/28) (+4)

Nishigata Marina (16/26) (+9)
    Hinata Honma (14/26) (+3)

Kitahara Rie (10/17) (+1)

Tano Ayaka (1/12) (+1)

Kashiwagi Yuki (10/10③)
    Total: 61/411 (14.8%) (+18) since 3rd Round
    66/389 (17.0%) (-5) last Single (increase/decrease over 1st Single 3rd Round)

14. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    That was... uninteresting.

Milky would have done magic to this type of MV, but Rika didn't. It was awkward. While sure Rika is cute, but I didn't get any 'sexy' vibe from watching this. Her expression is great at times, intense and all, but that's about it. Overall, it was uninteresting. They should have changed the red dress too, it was... shapeless on her.

I think it is too early for a Rika solo tbh. While she did great getting to undergirls in ssk, 2nd place in showroom ssk, and her hs is slightly declining (in terms of sold out slots, idk overall). The recent buzz is not on her. Okay, maybe not too early, but the timing is not quite right, right now. I would have loved it (with a different song though) on the first single. Granted people would be much more critical then because it's the first single.

But yeah, she centered a song and got a solo! It would have been more interesting if it was a unit song. Would be much better than this solo.

Everybody worked hard. It is not just her who worked hard. And how do we even know who worked harder than another. Last year, OgiYuka ranked higher than Rika. Even after the showroom buzz, winning it for the first time and the chance to center the FIRST single, Ogiyuka and Hinatan outranked her, the latter did not even rank in top 100 last year. Also, Okappa is only two ranks away from Rika and she did not even rank in top 100 last year. (Okay, Okappa centered two NGT songs as AKB b-sides, so she should at least rank, and she did great landing in Undergirls.) So, I feel that it is wise not to downplay others' ssk result. Just because Ogiyuka and Hinatan ranked senbatsu and thus a (more than) likely chance of having rich wota, but whose to say that if they didn't have the super rich wota they wouldn't rank high otherwise? Do we know how much those voters make up for the votes the members get in the end? Or perhaps, Rika has rich wota voting for her too and so, if we just exclude the rich wota votes, she would still rank lower than Ogiyuka and Hinatan? Or not? We don't know. All we know is Ogiyuka got Kami7, Hinatan got senbatsu, Rika and Okappa got Undergirls, etc. Rika and Okappa justified their pushes so well. Ogiyuka and Hinatan exceeded expectations, so they are getting their due rewards. So let's not downplay their ssk results. To survive in 48G, having rich wota as fans is important. Every members who rank well must at least have a rich wota voting. It's already the norm, no. If the ssk was just a head count of fans, the results would be totally different.

Anyhow, I wonder how different would the reception be if it was Hinata who got the solo.

15. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Hinata was not center for the previous single.... So if she was given a b-side solo and a b-side center, fans will see that as management pushing someone new now

16. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Talk about some NGT "fans" on this thread lol

Ogiyuka A-side center MV comes out...coooooool but her acting sucks and the director's editing is so amateur. (rolls my eyes)

Hinatan B-side center MV comes out...coooooool but it looks like Kitarie and Yukirin with friends, meh. And it's not really catchy tbh. (huh?)

Tsugumin B-side center MV comes out no one really bats an eye even commenting on it. (one comment really, hats off to that guy)

Rikachan B-side solo MV comes out...Oh mah gwad, WTF did this unpopular-uninteresting-not even cute-rude-weak sauce-cry baby-lazy azz-mf deserve this push?? Why is she even in the group??? Her sole existence has brought disgrace to our precious nuggets and must commit soduku right now. (And some of you are even actually glad that Kitarie didn't get a grad song? Geez learn some respect people please)

Edit: Misread that, mah bad.

"My oshi should not just be the center of the group but center of the world!! Yes, I need to trash talk more to the most vulnerable "black sheep member" of my fav group here on s48 so that it must make my oshi look like an angel."

nuff said, stay classy I guess.

The Rikachan song and MV is quite interesting for me and no I'm not trolling or anything. I really did enjoy it. But tbh I dun wanna post my opinions on that telling you guys how interesting it is because some of you guys just won't get or appreciate the "humor" anyways and I ain't even gunna try just to have you guys get another chance to shet on the poor girl even more.

17. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    :awesome:
    anyway people have the right to speak out

18. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Sure~ go ahead. I don't mind people speaking out. I'm just speaking out what some of you guys have spoken out anyways.

I hope people do realize how :poop: their comments are in this thread.

[Back to popcorn mode]

19. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

@marioworldakb you seem to be misunderstanding something. We're happy it's not Kitarie's graduation song because it's too soon for her graduation.
    She's graduating in the spring. It's not even winter yet!
    Plus, we can now expect another single in April.

This is officially crazier than a SakamichiNGT lol

20. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Hm I think it is generally unhelpful to just comment on how shitty other's post are. That doesn't make your post a quality post. Neither does it improve the quality of the discussion on the forum. Focus on making your own quality post instead!

Personally I thought it was weird cause the concept didn't really suit her and yes she did look like a shapeless blob in the red dress but I thought that made it interesting cause it wasn't an obvious concept. Please post your opinions, I'd like to read about what you think.