[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    Anticipating Produce48, hopefully it will be for a new group in Korea rather than a show with the current girls (picking a Senbatsu or whatever).

The performance was very fun, for a fan of both groups, but the outfits AKB48 wore stood out like a sore thumb and they just looked so exaggerated. Not to mention the faces of the K-Idols who were shown and made me feel slightly ashamed of AKB48.

Wondering why Rika is the one who got the solo concert, but whatever. Looking forward to it.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  2. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    ^^^lol
    Really excited for the Produce48 thing. I hope it's SEO48 (finally).

3. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I wish AKB48 announced a concert which they'd shuffle because they need it so bad.

Rika is still the princess.

4. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

With that logic none of the 3 team 8 deserves their solo con last year. Rikachan ranked in undergirls thats probably enough to fill a 2k hall and Ohtapro is probably investing in this. If anything blame Horipro for not investing in Ogiyuka's concert.

5. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Eeyyyeeew, no. Puppetmina only played the role aki-p expected from her.

6. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Oh nakai rika got a solo concert, well congrats
    Hype for yuihan :omfg:

7. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Regarding Produce 48, it will be an interesting experiment because of two things. I’ve always felt Kpop is really good at finding idols, but bad at selling albums. Japan is good at selling music cause of HS, but they need to take in like 30 idols to find two stars. I don’t see the point of this project unless it involves idols from both countries.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Yua

Yua Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    Do you think this is like ALL of the U-17 members across 48G, just AKB ones, or basically the same as the U-17 Senbatsu from the 51st single?

9. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

I think it's the ones from the 50th Single (which baffles me why they are doing it that way since Hinatan isn't 17 anymore).

10. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    The performance was fun and I actually liked the girls outfits more than some of the K-pop idols. I did notice some mistakes in the dance by them but what can you do, I'm excited for these concerts though hopefully they'll start to do more

11. trxsh

trxsh Member

LMFAO

YES

And like, I didn't know KFC could be sexy? But then I catch a glimpse of Doyeon's hairflip and I almost had a heart attack!
    It's so funny (and cool) seeing some of the k- idols I like next to AKB members. The AKB girls look beautiful and they just look like AKB girls, I like seeing the difference in style. Also I noticed that they were all in heels and IOI girls werent haha.
    That was basically what I expected and AKB performed "pick me" like I thought.

I dont know what to think about Produce48. Basically that's my dream come true- but only if it's what I imagined, which is:

a survival show to form an amazing group out of existing 48 group members voted on by one person per day like produce 101. Which would result in members being picked based on talent, looks, and personality (like IOI) rather than by fan service (which is honestly the thing I dislike the most about AKB, bc handshakes are fun but I don't give a damn about fan service at the end of the day).
    But this would be such a good way to get more AKB members relevant. I imagine a lot of senbatsu members would be chosen still (like Naachan, Akarin, Miru) but also some underappreciated girls that were always popular with casuals - like Tano. So I want that to happen. And it would be equivalent to p101 having a lot of active, training girls who are unknown, but also some who are well known (Somi) or already debuted (DIA girls).

But if it's to form a 48 group in Korea? NO PLEASE NO. There are already so many rookie girl groups that look and sound like AKB already so the market is over-saturated, plus their sound is already adjusted to meet what's popular Korea . Anti-Japanese sentiment is also a factor.

I guess it's a "wait and see" situation :p

/ edit, I just found the PRODUCE48 thread so moving the discussion over there (and away from all the ppl passive-aggressively trying to talk over icky gross kpop discussion in their sacred temple)

• Like Like x 1
  12. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

13. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Omg did you guys watch that Yuihan Nanachan Nakai SR? I was really surprised! I'm extremely happy that the U-17 senbatsu and the Seijin members will have a concert! Yui and Nana's solocon's are well deserved. Rika too, maybe, but I was honestly surprised at Sasshi's. Aren't there other members (with better voices) who would be well-promoted with a solocon? But maybe mngmt has a purpose (Sasshi grad announcement? Plz no)

Here's the program (January 2018)
    13th
    Noon: Team 8 Senbatsu
    Evening: NGT48
    14th
    Morning: U-17 (Janjakajanjan Senbatsu)
    Noon: 16th Gen
    Evening: Seijin members (who will be 20 this year like Naachan Sakura Mirurun Nakai Yumirin etc etc)
    15th
    Nakai Rika Solocon
    16th
    Okada Nana Solocon
    17th
    Yokoyama Yui Solocon
    18th
    Sashihara Rino Solocon

21TH
    STU Concert

Followed by the Request Hour and the Draft Kaigi

January is going to be a long month...

Edit: Here's the link for the SR: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av16788068/?from=search&seid=9897099462574298162

14. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Oscar/Neon/Parukii, your colours are showing and glowing. :blush:

So this is gonna be a yearly thing now? Not bad.

If the 16th gen doesn’t get promoted during Kouhaku, I expect them to do so during their concert.

Happy with the solos and surprised by Nakai, tbh.
    I guess Ohta is pushing for this, cause there are so many other girls who are doing much better than her.

And I wish SKE, NMB and HKT got concerts as well.
    NGT having one last year was cute because they were new. Same with STU this year.
    But having both and not the other SG sounds weird.

And whyyy can’t the whole Team 8 be in their concert????!!

15. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

What? The amount of girls? Sure. The concepts of it are completely different. With SSK, you are taking pre-exposured girls. With PD101, you are taking raw trainees (Sohye says hi) and displaying them. Some rank high with talent. However, there are so many talented 48G girls that go unappreciated. Two completely different things.
    Gfriend says hi
    !!!!! Well deserved

16. trxsh

trxsh Member

Idk, people were comparing P101 to AKB election from the beginning, and it's not like they're the first group to do some version of an election. Elections definitely started with AKB though.

Agree on Gfriend though, they have the same energetic, cute, girls-next-door vibe as j-idols though, probably why theyre my fav <3l

17. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Yeah 16th gen needs to be promoted as official members, they're doing so good, especially my favourite Yamauchi Mizuki, she could become a future front member, I hope so... happy for them

18. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

@trxsh whoever, I know how these "fanning the flames" messages work anyway lol

GFriend and other groups have had some cute songs but they're still Kpop.

I just don't see stuff like Oogoe Diamond translating well, but I'm hoping to be proven wrong.

19. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Sweeeeeeeeeeet knew they were gunna pull some amazing announcements but never thought it would be this amazing.

So hyped for January and the selection of solo concerts are all very good. I really like and agree with what the management direction is going lately and I have trust in Hosoi that he is a capable man of making good desicions.

U17 members gets a concert!? Please keep pushing this to be a thing! That's what I was like promoting for a while ago. It's like they read my post lololol

And if they do promotions for 16th gen, STU and NGT during those concerts that will be hella amazing.

Not to mention RH2018 and D3 draft after all this. (And it's smart that they put STU concert in between these dates, hoping to attract wotas who came for the two main events and thinking it will be better chance to attract them as a transition side event). Damnnnn idk if I can handle so much goodness in a month.

Now if they do nico live streams on some of them that would really be overkill for me XD

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

20. choi minrin

choi minrin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    you probably don't know what takamina did for them specially psychologically