[GENERAL] The STU48 Thread

Discussion in 'General STU48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Whatever happened to Kahotaru?
    She won the Showroom audition thing and now she's this behind?

2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    First of all idk why you are so salty about her lmao Do you wanna be her number one anti on this forum or something lol

Back to your question, her SR followers still beats Kanon who is one of the top members now, but that doesn't mean too much. Also if you check out the recent hs results she is doing alright and she is still quite popular among STU fans opinions.

So idk what does it mean by saying she is this behind (in what?) since the SR audition ranking was like a year ago which isn't even relevant anymore for your reference.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    Also keep in mind that you can't really see how "popular" she is. If you've enough time you can create multiple accounts and follow your Oshi like 300 times and more.

Her viewer count is still one of the best in STU, and looking at her room level tells us that her fans are still throwing a lot of money towards her/Akip.

4. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Erm... why the tone?

I was just curious about her performance.
    She was a pro-ShowRoomer and I’m surprised she isn’t at the top in this.

I was rooting for her during the audition and expected her to rank last year, but it seems many of her fans haven’t followed her to STU.

Nothing more.
    No anti-ism here.

• Like Like x 1
  5. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    What tone?

10/33 in the group is like pretty top tier up there and still considered senbatsu member in any group so I didn't get why you would think it would be suitable to use the phrase to describe her as "this behind".

Just by the numbers I posted, Kahotaru is beating her long time frien-emy Harurun who was second in the SR audition ranking. And also by 500 followers to Kanon who is considered a kami-7/9 member. And by ~1800 to one of our forum STU fav member CUCA. I mean you can even compare Kahotaru to other groups member with the follower numbers she is at. So does this mean much? No, but I would definitely not say she is "this behind" though just by seeing the numbers or whatever achievement she had over a year ago because she has done much more than that since then and has likely to gained a new fan base as well same as other members. Therefore I encourage you should move on to change your perspective on her into what she is like now in comparison to a year ago. Tons of shea happened. Many of the girls aren't the same as before anymore. And it is even safe to say she is having a success with the group now without relying on her SR advantage a year ago. What fans like her now is her performances, HS interations and maybe even her TV personality. So it's not one dimensional restricted to a Showroom gimmick a year ago.

To be fair the STU members all got pretty much equal chances for pushes in medias except for Kanon who imo should be a little bit more up there in the SR followers rankings but it is what it is. And you should know that HS results weighs in a bit heavier in reference to popularity, and its still not everything.

If you wanna discuss who is really behind in terms of general progress then I think it should be Honotan, Arisa, Hinako and Mahina. Which I think would be suitable to use the phrase "this behind".

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I....

.... ok, @marioworldakb

I will not question my views anytime soon!

7. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Well thought you wanted a discussion and honestly all I am saying is Kahaotaru is doing fine if you just wanted a simple clean response from me.

If you feel offended in whatever I said then forgive me I'm just really bored with the current s48 topics nowadays.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just wish the SSK could come anytime sooner eh.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  8. Cio

Cio Kenkyuusei

It was just a very harsh response, I mean you started off by calling them salty. Feels like this was just a perfect example of Poe's law.

It's hard to call it a discussion when you just verbally beat down the other person.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    SR followers should be read as: general popularity (big part) + how often you stream (small part) + quality (very small part)
    • popularity is obvious and it is mostly just that. People either bandwagon or they take a liking to the girl from some other activity then go to watch her SR in the same way the read her Twitter or check her IG.
      • Kahotaru was relatively popular thanks to her SR career during the SR auditions, but in the absolute terms it was nothing special at all. What was special was her fandom being rather rich, or more precisely willing to spend, but that was a doing of tens of people at most. So she was famous for being a showroomer - and that was it; she wasn't famous for being a 1 in 20000 years kawaii etc (I'm not saying she's not but it wasn't the narrative) who would grab thousands of new fans. It was not anything close to the Moeka hype for example. I think the current number of her followers reflects where she stands in the group (and how many opportunities she received) + the other 2 factors.
    • how often you stream is obviously important but if you are a "no name" it usually won't help you by itself. You have to have something interesting like Macharin or Onishi had.
      • now, Kahotaru actually doesn't stream as often as the other members - if I calculate correctly, there are 9 girls who streamed more hours than her. From what I remember, she had a lot to catch up in terms of performance skills so she preferred to spend a big chunk of time on that. She doesn't really stress the mainichi idol thing and concentrates on improving in the other fields - so that she can make people eventually more likely to watch her SR. So I'd say her SR growth is stable and in accord with the time spent.
    • quality is pretty tough to comment on for many reasons. There are definitely girls who are not that great at SR, but tbh in general there is hardly something like "being good at SR." And even if you are, it happens so rarely that you would just start watching a girl you never heard of before from a group you are not interested in, and became a stable fan because you liked how she responded to comments in the 5 minutes of her SR you randomly stumbled upon. It can happen the girl does something interesting and it gets matome'd and make new people watch you next time, but that's about it I guess.
      • I don't have much idea about Kahotaru's SR "quality" but it seems obvious from her popularity dating even before STU that she's not bad at all. Still, it won't help you by itself. You can't say Yumirin's SR are so much more interesting than Kaho's, but that's how it works.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

The way I see it, it's your girl initial advantage with SR diminished while the other girls in the STU batch getting more experienced as the time passes. Within one year, they are (all/mostly) on even ground as Pro-Showroomer now.

As for the general popularity, notice that except Fukuchan and her, it's CGB41 for the top 11?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Is not the same to pass a School Entrance Examination, that Keeping Good Grades at School.

12. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
  13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I guess, yeah.
    I'm just surprised that she had these fans showering her with Tokyo Towers and the like and I barely see her or hear from her (not that I go out of my way to do so though). I guess her fanbase was indeed smaller than it looked and that some of it probably didn't follow her into STU. A pity.

Thanks, @nvmea for the informative post!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Well the reason I call Trinu salty was because for the past year he has been only pulling Kahotaru as an example on other threads whenever it involves topics such as how SR popularity doesn't transfer into popularity in 48G. It's not just once but in multiple occasions which I have let it go already, but for this time he may feel my passive-aggressiveness (?) when in fact I'm just a bit annoyed by his ability that he should be able to make a better judgement/assessment by now given all the resources and evidence on this forum provided about her. If he hadn't stated he was a supporter above to be clear then it's inevitably for me to see him as an anti.

I mean it's true for Kahotaru's case that the SR advantage didn't transfer but the problem I have is that the way he put it like that makes people think Kahotaru is still having a hard time in the transition when in reality she is already way past that stage.

CGB41 is top 9 members. But if you mean including Fukuchan and her then it could've been top 11 yeah.

We did in her thread that she sold out in 4th round already. ;) And also the 8th round ended and now I'm waiting on the 1st resales round which we would find out the empty orders after May 7th jst.

===================================

The matome goodie pics thread of yesterday's handshake event. 9th album May 5th.

http://setouchi48.blog.jp/archives/8901934.html

DcabvE0VAAArRjh.jpg Dcajv9bVMAErYh5.jpg DcaPSpLVQAAIH51.jpg DcbMzAiVMAAud9S.jpg

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    no, I'm about japanese comments on stu matome site

16. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Oh, probably they already know Yumirin is a beast and also she sold out at 4th round. And that is the 6th round result you posted which Chiho's boost to 18/20 slots was the main topic.

And also how Okichan and MaiQ are also doing very well within their expectation which some say they are still fascinated at their numbers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Do you think CUCA have a chance to rank-in this year in SSK?

18. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Unfortunately not likely imo.

19. Megumibex

Megumibex Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    probably not, but I'm gonna throw her a vote anyway, even if she doesn't rank she'll know she has support that way.

• Like Like x 3
  20. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929