Event / Concert AKB48 53rd Single Sekai Senbatsu Sousenkyo (2018/06/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 29, 2018.

1. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Then tell me how the heck Renapon became the third highest girl in preliminary result among NGT members from nowhere and surpassed Rikahime + Okappa, and Kokochan became the highest girl among NMB members :huh:

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  2. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

That was just a preview... I'm ready for the encore. Ogiyuka, snatch that crown, girl!

For the love of that anything that is holy, I hope she does, so we won't have to listen her complaint every year.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    thei comittee make a better effort this year. so in your theories , where's the vote for mirurun ? kojimako ? mogichan ? their korean wotas forget today was the prelim days ?

lol , you can find better communities for praising your godly korean , not in meme-ing around with baseless feeling and assumption here.

4. UrFavAsianGuy

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Maybe Korean wotas just dont care for those girls you mentioned and all the votes went to Sakura :shifty:

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Oh Great ! how awesome and rich are they , raising 11k votes for the girl they have only knew for a very small amount of times ! please help sakura to reach sasshi votes then ! pheww :lol:

6. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Iizuka-Tengu

Iizuka-Tengu Kenkyuusei

I don't think anyone is really going to deny that it is odd.
    By all measures, SNS followers and handshake ticket sales and so forth... yeah, she is significantly behind Sakura and Jurina.
    And two years ago she wasn't ranked in at all, she got rank 90-something and then the following year she got more votes on the first day than staples like Sashi and Mayu. It was reasonable to suspect at that point that, especially since it coincided with people seemingly being able to vote multiple times using the NGT48 app if one used the back button, and the fact that by the end of the election she only gained 50% of what she got on that first day while practically everyone else outside of NGT48 at least doubled their votes by the end of the contest (and 4-5x what they got on day 1 isn't unusual)-- it was reasonable to suspect that there was something odd going on.

Afterall, whether some ranks in on their first year or not, we do generally see a steady progression up the ranks-- not someone jump straight from rank out to #1 on first day and #5 by the end of the contest.

And you aren't wrong that it would take quite a lot of time to enter those CD keys. I know for me, it takes 3-5 minutes to get the CD out of the case and properly enter the number. Surely with more practice, that could get faster, but... you would need a fairly significantly large dedicated crew in order to be able to enter nearly 60,000 keys in only 24 hours. Definitely more than 30 people, possibly closer to 50.

And why would she, who by all accounts has a smaller fanbase, be able to have 30-50 people able to dedicate an entire day to entering CD keys yet Sakura and Jurina and others cannot?

But, between seeing NGT48 dominate Request Hour and seeing a repeat performance of that oddity here, I don't see any way it could be a mistake.

There are other possibilities that count account for this...

Such as, for example, what if her fans have found out a method for creating thousands of mobile accounts? At that point each vote would only cost ¥320 and one could probably create some sort of automated system that would do the voting for them. It wouldn't even need to be too complicated, really. You would just need to tell the computer/smartphone where to scroll and where to press on the screen. I have created such things myself. Maybe they even shared the method with other NGT48 fans which is why the whole group's results seem higher and more inconsistent than the other groups. But I have trouble figuring out exactly how they could go about doing that-- I can just say it is theoretically possible to do.

However, since that method could not be used during request hour, it doesn't fully explain it. And even if it was what they were doing, they would still need ¥19,000,000 at least to have done this.

But it would help to explain why all the votes seem to come in on the first day. Because a lot of other election campaigns actually buy the voting tickets second hand from people who buy handshake tickets and then sell the voting ticket that comes with it for nearly the price of the whole theater edition CD (like the owner of these boards does when he offers to sell votes to international fans for $7 to $9-- one can generally get them off Yahoo Auctions for ¥700 each)-- which means one could buy a whole lot more tickets than they could otherwise, but obviously those aren't going to get to you fast enough to be able to enter them during the first day period.

It would certainly be interesting to see the communication going on within her fan community to see if anyone has actually explained what sort of method they have found to vote cheaper, faster, and better. Again, the price alone of doing this seems considerably out of reach of a single individual.

• Dislike x 6
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
  8. PP22

PP22 Kenkyuusei

I am a little disappointed for the STU members, even if it was predictable. Do you think more members could rank ? And do you think Chiho can be ranked higher than Yumiko?

9. theworldofwindow

theworldofwindow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sutoririka
    If Chiho outrankes Yumiko somehow, the situation between Sakura and Haruppi will happen again.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Wait, so people are still theorizing that Ogiyuka got all those prelim votes through non legit means?

Come on guys, I'm a Jurina fan and all but I put my trust in the system. Ogiyuka got all those prelim votes fair and square, good for her. Is she sure to win at this point? I think there's the possibility she will. At this point, Jurina, Sakura, or Ogiyuka can win and I won't be surprised.

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  11. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    I know that their Japanese committee went hardworking, but if you said that Korean fanbase don't care about SSK, it's wrong. They actually care with SSK, especially big fanbase and fansite, but their CDs haven't arrived yet, or they don't have enough money to buy thousands CDs. Also for Kojimako's case, her fansite decided to buy birthday ad in subway station first.

You know what my assumption before the preliminary result was announced? The 48G girls that go to PD48 (yeah, including JuriSaku) got their votes decreased a lot because their nationalist and anti-Korea wota decided to vote to Ogiyuka other members instead of those who are "tarnished" by Kpop world. Well, Jurina has her SKE's 10th anniversary plus no Sasshi-Mayu, and Sakura has her last SSK thing, so they could maintain their votes higher -but still they are lost by Ogiyuka's rich farmer wota with 50k Nihonbashira accounts. Also, I always wrote that Ogiyuka would rank higher than JuriSaku in preliminary result.

So, yeah, I'm surprised with the result tho (but not with Ogiyuka beating favorite candidates).

Also, about why I'm meme-ing around and chose You-Know-Who as the winner, that's because I wanna see S48 went chaos :hehe::awesome:

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  12. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    There ARE ways to automate legal votes, specially if you have the manpower to supervise the operation. I don't doubt for one second now that Ogiyuka's fanbase is extremely organized, and she also doesn't need too many fans to handle the costs as long as they people in charge of the money have... well a lot of money. I don't think that "rich farmer wotas" is a stretch, either... anyone with money to throw to the river can assemble a small army of employees or just other dedicated fans, to supervise the operation, and you might not need more than a couple of programmers to handle the digital ballots as well as the software and equipment needed to gather physical votes.

The strenght of Ogiyuka so far, however, is in first day votes, since she barely gained votes compared to other Kami7 members last year, which leads me to believe that those first day votes do indeed come from a very small fanbase, as less hardcore fans, and international fans, gradually get their hands on the CDs or vote through the alternative methods. We have yet to see if these votes will be enough to propel her to number one or if she will stall and either Jurina or Sakura (likely Jurina) pick up the pace in the next weeks like the first time. For the time being, Ogiyuka has at least fourth place completely secured... the one person I'd say she could worry about is Naachan since she too has yet to peak.

Miichan, I know she will rank high enough, I'm sure of it... I don't know if it's a good thing that her fans are more "chill" since watching the preliminaries was horribly stressing for me as she went from composed to stressed to teary. I'm still waiting for my chance to vote as an international fan, I just wish the fanbase already in Japan would put a little bit of effort to at least not stress her like that on stage =__=* how inconsiderate. But she will probably be okay at the end. I have no idea if she will make it, though, which is my secondary worry. As her oshi of course I want to see her succeed and reach her goals, but it's hard since I can't give many votes.

13. qadri08

qadri08 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    so surprised bcs based from what i knew, Chiho was on the pretty middle / back row in STU's senbatsu but lately she just gettin' more popular day by day (even she was the top 7 in latest STU's song and her HS' result was amazing tho) and now i assume that she could be the STU's top 5 (Yumirin, Hina, Torochan, Fuu, Chiho)

• Like Like x 2
  14. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 6
  15. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    Naachan and Seichan are simply phenomenal. I imagine those two would be genuinely smiling and nodding their heads in agreement even at the end of a 12 hour long lesson about the history of cricket.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
  16. MeruShige

MeruShige Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. UrFavAsianGuy

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

It's showing 39:14 to me

18. rayanami

rayanami Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    I especially like her sigh of relief when Sakura was called.

And her calculating look when Ogiyuka was announced at #1.

Jurina's going to war

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 5
  19. Pluemkun

Pluemkun Kenkyuusei

Finally!!!!, I find someone who think the same. (But I guess there would be more because of the number of Like in my comment. But just do not want to reveal.)

Ok Ok I don’t want to kill the mood and I'm lazy to argue any more. So I'll conclude that I'm losing you guys in debate battle. I don’t talk about that here anymore. But this isn’t mean I believe in official result but I belive in you guys who are in the same fandom. I am so sorry to make you guys waste your precious time to debate with me. I wii be good guy from now on. Please be gentle with me next time.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  20. SayaneeOshi

SayaneeOshi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    kuyashii!!!! [hehe][hehe][hehe]
    As if hammering into Mayu and Sasshi's walls to no avail wasn't already bad enough :hehe:
    But as consolation prize, I still believe Jurina is going to be #1 in the end.

• Agree Agree x 2