Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I could well be that Mayuyu had a say in the composition of that senbatsu, it was her graduation single after all.

I'm pretty sure you can have extended discussions on what generations were 'the original generations' :) is it the first three? or the first five (in which case we have Shiichan, Sasshi and Myao around as well)?
    Or are we going for the narrow definition, there is only one original generation and that's the first generation?

About Skirt Hirari ... I'm glad they, for the most part, ditched the different costumes for the senbatsu members vs. the rest, they did it as well in Flying get, but there it was just the boot colour.
    Skirt Hirari, by having completely different costumes, gave the feeling the other girls were just reduced to being extras.

ow, I realised I'm a bit of a hypocrite ... I didn't have a problem with that in the Ue Kara Mariko MV were Miichan and Fuji Reina had different costumes from the rest as well
    (and ok, Mariko-sama also did have a different costume .... but her name was in the title :D )

I'm pretty sure Miichan has learned the only correct way to handle the antis ... ignore them.
    I think we've all googled our own name out of curiousity .... first thing to learn if you're a celebrity ... don't ... the internet is a wonderful place .... and it's a cesspool at the same time, it can give access to all kinds of information ... or destroy your faith in humanity ... it just depends on what links you click.

It's pretty obvious AKB Members are taught about that, and that's part of the reason they have to have their management proofread and approve their social media posts.
    (and yeah that seems silly for grown up women like takamina and nyan-nyan but I guess it works both ways, it also shields them from the pitchfork wielding netizens)

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I consider the first three gens the originals because they are called "Original Team A", "Original Team K", "Original Team B". But then again, you could argue what about Original Team 4. In the official 2018 Member Guidebook (not the Sousenkyo one), it says
    • Original Team A
    • Original Team K
    • Original Team B
    • Original (Oba) Team 4
    But I think we can all agree that the members from Oba Team 4 aren't considered originals in any sense because they were already the 9th generation

The fourth and five generation are also interesting because they were the "Seed"

Maybe, to strengthen my point, we can draw a line for girls who entered after 2006? [hehe]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I stand corrected ... first 3 generations it is :)

4. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    You've probably seen these already but I thought I'd finally do a multipost of all the photos Takahashi Yuya took of Miichan recently

miichan 1.jpg miichan 2.jpg miichan 3.jpg

I really adore his photos, he's also worked with Tano Yuka and I really love the way his images turn out.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Santikun

Santikun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
  7. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I think I understand English pretty well, but this is obviously a google translate of an original Japanese source, and as such I can make heads nor tails of it.

From what I just read Yamaguchi Tatsuya has left the group Tokio after being accused of, and admitting to, kissing a schoolgirl against her will.

ah, running the original source trough google translate it turned out it was related to that scandal, specifically if celebreties are (over)privileged, leading to what Yamaguchi Tatsuya did.

quote:
    "Based on her own experiences "When I work in the entertainment industry since I was in junior high school, I often get one clothed free if I buy clothes, or get cheap at a hairdresser. As I pile up, I mistakenly think "I am special" and I am not watching the outside world so I assume it is a good idea to do so when I was a child. " "

and then she was asked how she thought of Yamuchi Tatsuya she answered she saw him as "awesome favorable aura, friendly awkward brother like a friendly person, friendly aura."

ow ... and the there seems to be a rumour on the internet that Yamuchi Tatsuya once seduced Miichan.

This exchange seems to be a reference to that.
    "So, when Shibo stepped on as "Does the voice of (teaser invited)?", "There is not such a thing, there is no such thing, there is no!" "It looks like a brother that seemed to be a messy one that did not look like that" answered."

link to the 'translated' article:
    https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https://news.infoseek.co.jp/article/japantechinsight_505656/&edit-text=&act=url

I'm pretty sure Miichan and Yamuchi Tatsuya must have met on multiple tv programs but the only instance I've seen are the two AKBingo episodes where the AKB members have to appeal to him to be his Oshimen, Yuko and Miichan go full on in their fan appeal in that one, but Micchan must have been 13, 14 then, so that was purely for entertainment purposes.
    He started of by calling her Gachapin, to Miichan's surprise: "being called that by a strange person is just to weird" (I paraphrase, as I don't have the episode at hand)

anyway ... it seems #metoo has landed in Japan ... brace yourselves, this might get ugly pretty quick.

ok, did some further digging ... one story is that he kept asking Miichan (like every day(?)) to go out to diner and Miichan refused citing work schedule, but she worried she would not be able to keep on doing that because of course no one is working all the time.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  8. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Welp... she didn't make it to the prelims again...

I hope my votes come in soon so I can put them on Miichan. I sure hate early voters sometimes.

9. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    well, as they say ... it ain't over till the fat lady sings :/

Same here ..... I do have to figure out how to vote though ... but first I'll have to get them :)

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    There's a video on the AKB48 YouTube that shows a guide on how to vote. It's even in English this time because it's international

if the video does not show watch the video here

11. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    bonjourmarlene thank you for the link .... I'll be sure to reference it, now all I need is my votes, ow wait ... not mine .... those are Miichan's votes!! :D

well, we're in good company ... Miki-chan bought a cd as well ... and voted for Miichan (as did Miichan herself)

small.jpeg DedD8ucU0AAU4Oi.jpg-large.jpeg

It's kinda amazing how close those two are :D

ow, and they did SHOWROOM together I think

She was interviewed in relation to the election, as she's of course still the only original member left.

https://otekomachi.yomiuri.co.jp/enta/20180531-OKT8T84839/

https://translate.google.com/transl.../enta/20180531-OKT8T84839/&edit-text=&act=url

al lot of thing come up: if and when she will graduate? ... is she thinking about marriage?
    yes she does ... if she meets the right person and she want to have kids when she's around 30
    about her experience on stage in the Drei Grosschen Oper ... how she approaches work.

she's touching upon the subject of people saying she's occupying a place that should go someone of the younger generation (to which I say: Bollocks! ... if it is their spot ... just perform better) and what her role is in AKB
    being a bridge between the old AKB and the new

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Merlin54

Merlin54 Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Miichan appeared on the TV program 'Downtown DX' on 05/31 and there is an article on Yahoo! Japan.

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20180601-00000000-tospoweb-ent

"Minami Minegishi (25) of AKB 48 appeared on Japanese TV series "Downtown DX" on 31st. "I can not get AKB's work."

Relying on Google Translate but I think she's saying something about how she'll work harder because she's the last of the first generation but there's not much AKB work, only handshakes. The latest single was the first in which she did not participate in any of the songs. There was also mention of a letter from Yukirin.

A second article, from the same show, is about a National Cosmetic Contest.

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20180531-00000206-dal-ent

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

Wow. That's an amazing thing for her to say---that she can't find work. You think back just a couple years and the AKB girls were everywhere on TV---variety shows, talk shows, dramas, all those commercials the girls used to do. That kind of comment really makes you think about the future of AKB. What it says about Miichan's future in AKB is obvious.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  14. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    After SHOWROOM yesterday Miichan went to diner with Yukirin and Sasshii(?)
    (I think it's sacchii ... but I would expect her to be based in Fukuoka which is about as far away from Tokyo as you can get)
    otoh ... we know they are pretty close ... so Sasshii would be the logical choice :)

Delb0-EU8AAT11Y.jpg-large.jpeg

Ok, Yukirin tweeted the same pic and said is was Suncon ( a.k.a. 'Team Scandal') ... so, yeah Sasshii ...

And another SHOWROOM, now featuring .... beaver-chan! ;)
    DenVKZ8VMAAUir2.jpg-large.jpeg

Remember Yuko's graduation concert that rained out, with the huge teddy bear?
    In my perfect world Miichan would have her graduation in the new Olympic stadium in Tokyo ... with a huge version of Beaver-chan.
    (and yeah, that's not going to happen ... but it's my world so it could just as well be the opening or closing of the Olympics simultaneously :D)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    It’s a really good show! Miichan says that she wants to enter Senbatsu partly because Riripon’s big stunt last year left her unable to deliver her thank you speech, so she wants a segment of her own to speak. She wasn’t resentful of course, she never is for this kind of stuff, she just probably laments being too shocked to speak properly xD

17. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well, today two things happened:
    1. Miichan did a SHOWROOM .... and Sasshi turned up ..... :) and she brought fans ;)
    2. I managed to enter my votes :D .... so all thats' left to do now is worry and bite my nails :/
    Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 15.18.00.png

I'm not sure, I don't expect then to have pseudo professional karaoke gear at home (but who knows), so it's kinda really funny to think about two (in)famous idols being in a karaoke box ....
    (otoh ... the post sousenkyo SHOWROOM last year with Shiichan was in what I think was Sasshi's apartment (you could see the cat 'platform' climb play thingy) and they did karaoke as well ....)

• Like Like x 2
  18. mickwserr

mickwserr Kenkyuusei

i saw the screenshots on twitter, are they in a closet? :lol:

19. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I recorded a small part of it ... there's a door to the right which doesn't look like the kind of door you would have in your home ... so it might just be a real karaoke box

otoh ... I'm not sure if you are aware how small Japanese apartments are? We in the Netherlands think UK homes are tiny .... Japanese homes .... half of those :/
    (and our homes aren't even that big compared to American)

anyway ... screenshot ...
    Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 18.46.20-2.png
    they seem to be looking up at the screen showing the lyrics ....
    (or it could be there is an UFO passing overhead ;) or Yukirin or Shiichan is sitting there giving directions ;) )

but there's a screen behind them .... and the 'room' has it's own airco (there's a control on the wall above Miichan)

it might be a closet ... but it is purposed for karaoke it seems :)

20. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

it's a karaoke box in AKS studio/office. I saw various members doing karaoke showrooms in them.

Showroom
    both Sasshi and Miichan said that they don't think about graduation at all.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1