Single AKB48 53rd [Sentimental Train] (2018/09/19)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 16, 2018.

1. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Moeka sold old already... thats your miracle AkiP! Put her in senbatsu before her hype dies out if she gets no exposure.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Cause it's always worked so well.

I think it's a bit too soon for any D3 to get to senbatsu.
    Hech, it's even soon for the 16th gen.

It's time for Moe to be in senbatsu. It's also time for Sahhoo, for Seichan, for Megutan and a bunch of eitos.
    Moeka can start with centering b-sides, she's still young. I'd say she'd be included before next year's SSK though.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 10
  3. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Moeka is having a great start with HS :blush: but we have seen that management's first choice is almost never the winner. If they burn her out too quickly, she'll end up like Naanya. I hope Management takes their time with her.

4. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Actually, other than Jurina (and Sayanee, kinda) I can't remember other management's first choice become a winner [hehe]

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    I hope they would do it in the next single.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Old Old x 1
  6. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    STU 2nd single already have 2 D3s in senbatsu

• Old Old x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    STU so talentless they have to put D3s in senbatsu
    ll.jpg

• Winner x 8
    • Dislike x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Creative x 1
  8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Yeah, but STU has just a pool of 33 girls to choose from. Plus, the first gen has less than a year of experience over the D3 girls.
    They are probably trying to level the field between the two groups.

AKB has over 120 members. 100 with seniority over the D3, an the gap between the 15th gen and the 16th was quite big.
    Sure, they can airdrop Moeka in senbatsu and see where it goes, but I think a Moeka gori-push could alienate the fandom.

In the meantime, they can go with Goto, Sahhoo, Seichan, Megutan, Satopii, Hiwatan, Sayaya, Kuranoo, Odaeri... there are plenty of experienced members waiting on the sides to have their chance.

• Agree Agree x 8
  9. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I feel like management should have a D3 song, choose someone else other than Moeka as center but have her as front row in one single, put Moeka in a new-gen senbatsu for second row perhaps in the same single as above, have her center a non-D3 b-side after a single or two and slowly build up her push. Maybe after a year or so, they can include her in senbatsu if her handshake is consistently selling out and doing great with fans. Forcing her everywhere from the beginning will just no doubt get hate.

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    As someone who wins the gimmick stuff regularly, I can tell you your best bet is to go for the signed cards/posters/etc. if you want time to talk. The members often take much longer than the normal 8-10 seconds to sign things, so you get a lot of talk time. With the video and the selfie you are basically giving away your talk time for the pic/recording. And of course, if you want a good chance to win, best to go for members who don't have huge queues. Your chances are much better.

Ya know it's too bad that certain fans automatically get angry when a newer member gets promoted, despite the mandate from other fans. Moeka has been popular from the get-go and is showing no sign of slowing down. I know Matsui Hikari set what they feel would be an appropriate timeline. How about you Trinu? How long must Moeka wait until a push is acceptable? I'm curious.

From what I read on this forum, I thought this girl was a big flop. Yet she's one of the few NMB members to sell out multiple slots so far. Hmmm.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I think it’s better to be cautious and see if the hype continues with her.
    For all we know, people might be applying for her to see what the fuss is about and might not repeat in the next single.

If she’s the real deal, I doubt her fans will stop going to her HS just because she’s in senbatsu.

I agree with Matsui Hikari that a year seems reasonable if she keeps up the numbers.
    Include her in a couple of new-gen bsides and maybe for next years pre-SSK single she can have a spot. She’ll probably rank then and a spot in a normal senbatsu from then on shouldn’t be questioned.

I just don’t want her to go the way of Hana or Rika, who seem to concentrate a lot of the hate from the fandom, ironically or not.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I didn't say putting Moeka in senbatsu right away was a good idea.

13. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    I see, thanks for the pro tips tho...need to fight harder for the 12/23 event :D

Mmm, we'll see about Moeka. Though I'm leaning towards to be cautious rather than having her flop later.

14. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

I don't think its unreasonable to put Moeka in senbatsu. It's not like she's lacking compared to any of the girls in senbatsu now. And if they're going to put her in senbatsu, I want her to make a huge flashy appearance in the center.

But please, just don't act like she's the new center of the universe. The point isn't to portray her as idol Jesus, but to introduce her to the public. I think that would be hype, it will be especially nice if it's for the next Sakura single. Don't create this expectation that she's carrying the whole group on her back and we are fine.

I feel like pushing her by giving her a bside center for now is just not going to be useful for her. She has that mass appeal that the media can latch on to to create buzz for 48g.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  16. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    Ikumin 1/4! And you said PD48 don't have any effect.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    She used to have more slots so I guess people don't want to see her as much now.

18. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    they gave moeka 4 more slots

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

ERII SOLD OUT ONE SLOT?!

• Like Like x 3
  20. husna212

husna212 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Ikoma Rina
    Didn't she has less slots because of her stage play? Looks like she will only attend one day of handshake.

Sent from my SM-J510GN using Tapatalk