[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Doesn't take away the fact they only released 4 singles in 2016 and they presented one in Janken. :p

2. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    They doing some promotional for Maya Music Festival this morning.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  3. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Dasu isn't an AKB member, and last I checked this is still an AKB single at least in name.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I think people are bringing up Dasu not to justify management's likely exclusion of Tomu but to prevent us from hoping management will include all SSK Kami 7 in their senbatsu.

Yes, Suda is SKE while Tomu is from AKB, but since when did management care if a member is pure AKB or from a sister group when it comes to pushing and shafting a member?

Bottomline, I think most of us do want to see Tomu in future management chosen senbatsu.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Is the Tomu rant coming back again? When is Amina going to be brought up?

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  6. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

So with SKE48's 9th Generation Audition being announced + The New generations for NMB48, HKT48, and NGT48, I'm guessing we will be getting AKB48's 17th Generation auditions next year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Draft 3 was so big it's pretty much the 17th gen in itself. it's possibly they might recruit a small 17th gen like 14th gen. More of the Draft 3 are coming through into shows lately so hopefully we'll see less Team 8 KENNINS now* ;)

* except for Cho because she's so cute

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    https://www.wadafes.com/
    "Ako Senbatsu" for the "WADA FES - Those who didn't give up" (2017/10/18):

Oya Shizuka, Kashiwagi Yuki, Kato Rena, Kojima Mako, Goto Moe, Komiyama Haruka, Sakaguchi Nagisa, Shitao Miu, Takahashi Juri, Nakano Ikumi, Minegishi Minami, Miyazaki Miho, Murayama Yuiri, Mogi Shinobu, Yamauchi Suzuran (SKE48), Ogino Yuka (NGT48), Itano Tomomi (graduate), Kasai Tomomi (graduate)

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

oh wow

10. lunakitten

lunakitten Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

What are the long term plans for Team 8? I had a feeling that with the kennins and making a Team 8 member the Team A captain I had the sinking feeling that they were getting ready for Toyota to back out and to start the process of making Team 8 more like a normal team then a sister group but now I'm not sure. Team 8 is just so awkward.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  11. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    Nice Line-up, interessting to see two graduates there. What do you think, why Kasai and Itano are part of the line-up?

12. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Idk but all the non AKB members are under horipro as are TomoTomo. So it’s prob a horipro sponsored event.

• Like Like x 2
  13. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    It's possible that there will be 17th gen for next year. The plan might be holding it and have extra members. Pull the plug on Team 8 kennin much later.

14. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

@Aka @SunnyHighland @nvmea
    this eita holy trinity will help you to get the answer

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    It's only awkward because you make it awkward in your head, don't you think? Whoever said anything about changing Team 8? Certainly not Takahiro. Toyota leaving? The ones that said they have a plan for them for 2020? AKB teams were empty and a mess, only Team 4 was working like it should. So they filled them with eitos to save their asses for now, and... that's all there is to it. Why suddenly destroying one of the few things that are working right? What do you want them to become, like the vast majority of AKB that isn't a senbatsu member? Why can't you trust the people that know them better? We have cookies, dammit!

Same agency as Wada Akiko. Old news tho.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Because these last few years, that's what AKS specialize in.:whistle:

• Like Like x 2
  17. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    what the...why am I summoned here by oshihener Yamada's wota? You answer it da*mit :gavel:

We already discussed about that A LOT around the shuffle.;) you can read it at the T8's thread starting from page 220. Don't worry, it is more...cultured...than some other discussions in this forum :rolleyes:
    The long term plan? To conquer AKB [hehe] For now I would say at least Paralympics 2020. They are featured a lot in the build up of that event. Maybe because Toyota is the main sponsor, who knows.

It is quite easy to see if they are backing out to make them a proper team than a "semi-SG" or not.
    Just compare these two from the time of the shuffle (on Oguri's birthday, 26 Dec), and then with the schedule before that:
    https://www.akb48.co.jp/about/schedule/
    https://toyota-team8.jp/schedule/index.php
    more specifically the event section
    https://www.akb48.co.jp/about/schedule/?category=3
    https://toyota-team8.jp/schedule/list/event/201809/index.php
    I don't see any sign of slowing down from the Toyota/Eito part :D They are even more aggressive now by appearing in bigger events more often.
    Back then they rely a lot on the Toyota Gazoo Racing events, now they are appearing as part of AKB and on their own as well in many music festivals. And hell, they bring in a good number of wotas everywhere they go.

After seeing the development since then, I would say it is one of the best decision the management made last year.
    Compared to before the kennin started, now we can see all the teams functioning again as how it should be. Not like when half of the same performers are "borrowed" from the other teams. While on the other hand, it make eitos even stronger. :^^;:
    In team A, that captain appear even more on Team A stage than her own team's :fp: and now she can almost sell out all of her HS slots, while not many girls in AKB can do it. And more are gaining interest since the kennin started, like Shitao Miu (Yamaguchi; her itoshisha no accel boosted by her performance in P48 surely help a lot), Tanikawa Hijiri (Akita), and Yoshida Karen (Fukuoka).
    Team K, well...what can I say. One of the Wcenter is an eito. And, who is that Aomori girl before this? Her AKBingo dance squad also practically rule the 1st and 2nd line of this team.
    Team B, they just performed twice, can't say much about it. But from those two performances, more people are talking about Kawahara Misaki (Saga), Yoshikawa Nanase (Chiba), Sato Shiori (Niigata) and Honda Hitomi (Tochigi). The latter two because of some other job outside the team to be honest :^^;: but yeah, people are talking how big is losing Hiichan from Takahashi Team B when she never even appear on that stage.
    Team 4, two of the front liners are eitos. And guess who is Zukki's under as center? an Aichi girl who like to make weird poses and even weirder faces. While Gyoten Yurina (Kagawa) bring some more interest with her sexy charm on stage.
    So yeah, it worked for both side.

Does it completely solve the problem? I would say no. Just look at how often they do Idol Shuugyou Chuu these days. I am still firm on my argument back then, that T8's kennin is a temporary measure to revive AKB4 without the help of SG members which somehow slow down AKB's own talent. At least eitos ARE AKBs who have enough experience and strong fandom already to help bring the others forward. While D3 and the rest of Gen 16 need to step up their game fast to fill the boots currently filled by eitos in AKB4. Idol Shuugyou Chuu is their proving ground to build experience fast and develop their own fandom (see, management is not as dumb as we think).
    However, I don't think Gen 16 and D3 reinforcement is enough. I mean look at team stage roster, now exclude all eitos then put in the zenza girls. Is it enough? more often...hardly enough. For example Team 4, the best functioning team in AKB4, sometimes more than half of the performers are eitos. In T8's thread we jokingly said that the plan might be to make Yuiri's fans oshihen [hehe] A decent number of gen 17 next year would be great. They still need 1-2 years to grow after all. By then the Paralympics 2020 is already over, we will see how it goes after that. The kennin thing might already be over at that time.

And don't worry about eito, they have their own radio and TV shows, their own zenkoku tours, concerts and overseas performances, one thing they lack is their own single. :twisted: Remember, their strongest value is not to appear in Tokyo, but they can be deployed wherever in Japan when needed with relatively lower cost. And for Japanese people, where you come from is still a big issue. Supporting a local talent is a big thing here.
    Also the younglings are showing signs that they might be even more dangerous than their predecessors :lol: especially if they win janken :fear:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    give a little respect for Team 8 because they helped save akb from mess that they created itself
    and mostly of eito member now on their prime, so it's stupid move if they decided to disbanded them now

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    That makes sense

20. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    i still dont get it the confusing part where people think team8 is not akb. although it maybe a temporary group, that team is akb like regular team except it has bigger value as it is sponsored by a big company that in return will has absolute/90% control of the team. the kennin thing probably because the girl is still needed to do toyota stuff rather than a fulltime akb48. and they have a chance to be in single and even a centre. those team8 wotas are like wotas from early akb where wota of team a k and b were hating each other for no reason.

the only confusing thing in this world is what are they going to do with hiragana and kanji keyakizaka because those hira is only for hs sells and bring fortune to kanji girls.lmao.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1