[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    i'll give them plenty of time to not blow up their new single release.

Introducing 2nd gen shouldn't be taken lightly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    that visual is taken from this mv

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@Atsu-nee, @chrissirhc -- Yes, indeed, straight from that Sekai no Owari video (at 3:40). This makes the rumour less likely (but not impossible).

While I'm speculating, I think I'll get in this hopeful prediction about Hiragana. If Kanji is really going to do a release, which would be reasonable, then Hiragana will probably just put one or two songs on it. However, what I'm hoping/predicting is that Hiragana will do a studio version of the CoCoIchi theme song (Kimi ni Hanashite Okitai Koto) on GanaOshi Sunday night. Then they will do Joyful Love as an encore at Tuesday's Budoukan live. Then Kimi ni Hanashite as an encore Wednesday. Then on Thursday announce a single (with touching scenes on stage and one of those or some other song as the A side). Maybe they'll announce the single on the first day and go from there. This will probably not happen, but if it does, you heard it here first.

That would give Hiragana a January single and Kanji could come out in full force with a single in March.

By the way, I just discovered that Kanji Keyaki's first big concert, Debut Countdown Live in March 2016 (just before SaiMajo was released), is on YouTube. If you haven't seen it, it is not to be missed. Classic moments, and such freshness. See it here.

EDIT: Part of my plan is already gone: tonight's studio live will be Yakusoku no Tamago.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  4. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    ugh just give us a double a-side dammit

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    That means they will have to promote 2 songs at the same time, a.k.a. double the cost. There is no way they gonna do it unless they can earn double the amount of money compare to a normal single. And that is unlikely to happen.

6. radiohifi

radiohifi Member

Actually the PR cost and time would be the same. It is just like what they have done so far, with kanji and gana promoting one single together.
    But you are right that they would be wasting potentially two singles that could sell 1m each. So instead of selling 2 million in total with two singles you get 1 single with two big songs selling 500K each or 1m together as a double a-side release.

7. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    ^Neither Kanji nor Gana can reach 1m on their own, they need each other to be able to achieve that feat, which is why Gana's always get a B-side and are made to participate in single HS events even though none of them are in senbatsu, just like how AKB uses their sister groups to maintain the 1m.

But I honestly don't care about sales, i'm not a fan of how much they sell, I'm a fan of the girls themselves, so i'm looking at it from a fan point of view. If the Hiragana members are made to do HS events they could at least let the girls participate in senbatsu. If mgmt want to properly distinguish Kanji and Gana as two sides of one stone, then give them double A-sides. Afaik Gana are not Unders, so they shouldn't be treated as such.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Navicon46

Navicon46 Kenkyuusei

The problem with a double A side is that one song will inevitably be the main song, which would likely be the Kanji song since Kanji is more well-known and more of a sure thing, and the other will be the back-up song. If you have a single with a main song and a backup song then that's literally exactly the same as having an A-side and a B-side. Just calling it a "double A-side" won't change much.

9. Rahmadhika99

Rahmadhika99 Kenkyuusei

Just random thought in the morning.
    What is the management planning right now?

Personally I would love a new single, join senbatsu from kanji+hiragana sounds legit, I think.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

10. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    not if both songs will be promoted on music shows

11. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    That’s why it will double the cost. They need money to buy TV time slots.

12. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I really don't think groups pay to go on music shows.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. glsone

glsone Member

I can tell you with certainty in Korea they do. I would be surprised if Japan worked differently. It's like buying a commercial slot to promote your song.

14. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    ^ that's such a stupid set up. it's the groups that brIng in viewer, so the show can sell advertisement time. if anything musical acts should get an appearance fee

15. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I on the other hand would be very surprised if Japan and Korea's music industries were the same in this because they don't share very much. Though to people used to western music scenes it can seem like they do.

• Like Like x 2
  16. glsone

glsone Member

Not really. If the show operated only by invites the shows producers would only invite the biggest, most popular acts week after week. Having a buy in allows everyone the same playing field and discourages groups from repeat appearances since it would be a waste of money if they didn't have something to promote. We'd be seeing our girls on Music Station a lot more often if it was invites.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    having a buy in doesn't make an even playing field you have to have the money to buy in, and there are still so many slots available.

18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Fascinating discussion about double A-sides and buying TV time. Thanks, everyone. Complex and difficult.

I have a tweet from "IchigoHinaNeru" comparing the number of likes/retweets each of the ten new Keyaki-group members has gotten so far:

S: Hono, Hinano (>20k likes)
    A: Hiichan, Tenchan, (17k~)
    B: Takeyui, (14k~)
    C: Yumiko, Karin, Riko, Inoue (13k~)
    D: Matsuda (12k~)

Early days. That SABCD list is based on the grades management apparently uses for idol candidates, starting with "Special" and going down through A-B-C, etc. One of the reasons they went to the trouble of getting Neru back was that they apparently had her rated "S".

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. glsone

glsone Member

If you don't have the money to buy promotion and advertisement for your musical act you probably shouldn't have a music act to promote.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho

what a horrible thing to say

• Agree Agree x 3