NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    due to curiosity because you guys keeps stating her tweets, i decide to check ogino's latest tweets..........wow people are crazy mad for a weird reason

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I understand people are disappointed shes not saying anything but to attack her is taking it a bit far. I think the only thing that can really be held against her is her statement from the 3rd anniversary (that is, if I translated it correctly).

今回の一連の中でファンの皆様にご心配をおかけしてしまった事をNGT48のメンバーの一人としてお詫び申し上げます。

We apologise today that one of NGT48's member has caused fans to worry (something along those lines). The rest of her tweets is completely unrelated to Maho.

3. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    "As one of the members of NGT48, I offer my apology for causing fans to worry with the current chain of events."

Sorry, I missed what you meant with my first reply. You're talking about "introduced", right?. That's seems highly likely to be a mistranslation, some clever transformation someone came up with to make stilted grammar sound more natural. Might be better to try and find out what she actually said before basing a theory on a translation?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    • Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  4. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    So it's "as a member of NGT48 I'm sorry fans have been worried." She's not blaming anyone, but it's still the same stance management forced Maho to take. An apology isn't necessary. Less drastic and accusatory but essentially the same thing to me

• Creative Creative x 2
  5. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Eh. It's not necessary but it is kind of expected? They apologize for getting sick, for causing the slightest inconvenience or raising the slightest ruckus. It's an aspect of Japanese culture so deeply ingrained it expresses itself in their grammar.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Sorry for not Maho-related, but:
    OMG if it's true then they're so gross :censored: Forced girls to do prostitution in exchange of tickets.

Which means Ogiyuka's "service" is so great that Inapooh guy willings to throw 50k votes annually lol :fear:

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Dirkkun

Dirkkun Kenkyuusei

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    It's interesting that Ogiyuka and Rika blocked him around the same time, and Ogiyuka deleted pictures of Tano from her SNS. I wonder if their agency is starting to be concerned about even their ability to get them work and make money from them considering the current state of NGT.

• Like Like x 3
  9. ayyu

ayyu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    i feel like it was most particularly foolish of Ogiyuka to go out in public with those 2.

if anything you would think she would try to distance herself from them so people dont assume that she is more related to the situation then people are speculating now.

this just comes across as them being very arrogant and not worried about their situation.

on the other hand they might be on lockdown together in the dorms and wanted to go out.

i dont think those 3 have any schedules.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Ogiyuka has been cancelled ever since she announced she wanted to be first at the elections just days after news of the scandal broke out. She has no empathy for her group at all.

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    I’m not a fan of Ogiyuka after all of this but like...let’s be fair. They literally asked Ogiyuka, “do you want to be #1 in the election” and she just said yeah. What was she supposed to say??

There’s a lot of things to complain about Ogiyuka and to cancel her for, but that really isn’t one of them.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    I'm just answering this part, but that was literally the subject of one of the tweets Maho posted in response to Matsumura's explanation at the conference (I translated that batch a while earlier in this thread, for those who didn't catch it).

---
    Speaking of which, as yet another proof that Matsumura went into the press conference without knowing not only what was written in that already content-poor report, but also what the hell the previous management did under Imamura's administration, there was this exchange with Matsumura where a reporter literally had to point out that part to him:
    https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20190322-00010003-wordleaf-soci&p=5

朝日新聞:あとすいません、長くなって申し訳ありません。報告書の21ページで、まさにつながりの部分なんですが、これ、マル3、21ページの最後から22ページのところの、このマル3からマル6はこれ、おそらく証拠がない話だと思うんですが、マル2は例えばこの丙と複数回個別に会っていたメンバーがいること、マル7は事件後に数名のメンバーがファンとのつながりがあったとして自ら申告していることと。これはあれなんですか、第三者委員会が把握していることなのか、それともAKSさんとしても把握していることなのか、どちらですか。
    Asahi Shinbun reporter: Sorry for dragging it so long, but at page 21 of the report [note: translation here], right there on the part about consorting, point 3, and from the bottom of page 21 until page 22, from point 3 to point 6. I assume this might as well be unproven stories, but on point 2 for instance it tells there has been members that have met with Man #3 multiple times in private previously, and on point 7 it says that following the incident a number of members voluntarily confessed to have consorted with fans. Is it something that the third-party committee has ascertained? Or is it something AKS has ascertained? Which one?

松村:これ、第三者委員会の報告を受けて、われわれも新たに認識したということでございます。
    Matsumura: That, we have learned about it for the first time after receiving the report of the third-party committee.

Some moments later, even the reporter put two and two together and realized it could be the inquiry that, according to Bunshun, Imamura was reported to have performed indipendently (and which resulted in those 8 members self-confessing, again according to Bunshun...):
    https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20190322-00010005-wordleaf-soci&p=2

朝日新聞:あれ、週刊誌かなんかでちょっと読んだんですが、それ以前にこれ、事件直後に今村さんからメンバーに対して、そういうつながりがあったメンバーは申告しなさいというような、そういったLINEかなんかの画像かなんかが掲載されていたんですが、そういった調査は実際、今村さんから、運営からはされていたんですか。
    Asahi Shinbun reporter: Also, I have read it on some weekly tabloid, but much before [the third-party committee started], right after the incident there was a communication on LINE aimed at the members from Imamura, saying "To all members who had personally associated with fans this way, please confess yourselves", a picture of it was published over there. Did such an inquiry really take place, either from Imamura or from the management?

松村:それも私拝見しましたけども、その事実はあったとは思いますけれども、それがそのやりとりその他もその当時ではなく、のちになってわれわれも理解したということがございますので、これも本当にガバナンスの問題として、非常に問題あるなと思うんですけれども、リアルタイムでそれを把握していたということはなく、反省するしかないという状況でございます。
    Matsumura: I have seen it too as well, I'm convinced such a thing did indeed take place, but this communication and all the rest is not something we have learned of at the time, but only later on. Sincerely speaking, this too, in terms of governance problems, I find that to be one enormous issue. But in any case, we didn't ascertain any of that on real time, so, as the situation is, we can do nothing but to feel regretful for it.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    "I would be grateful for the position fans give me" is the safest thing she could have said.

The thing that rubs me the wrong way with Ogiyuka is that she is essentially the face of NGT right now, so at the very least, she could have maintained a neutral position. I remember her showing sympathy for the suspected members but I don't remember her giving sympathy to the actual victim. That is enough to make fans angry. Then add to the fact that she is being seen publicly with the same suspected members, it's not a good look for her at all.

Hinata already showed her support for Maho, so fans aren't going to be too hurt by her tweeting about other things unrelated to the case since she showed where her loyalties lie.
    Minami is a weird case because, while she isn't considered a complete suspect, she aligns herself with the group of people who are, and her family (or, her wealth?) frequently come up in all those 'non official' investigations. Therefore people are more likely to show aggression from her tweeting irrelevant things compared to Rika who instantly shut down the accusations and showed support to Maho, or a random team G member who hasn't had their name be mentioned once since the news came out.

I'm personally not thrilled with the idea of transferring team N3 girls to other groups. I don't want a possible suspected member to join NMB lol. We're struggling enough as it is :^^;:
    I would much rather mgmt just look at the empty schedule NGT has, accept that they fucked up badly, dismiss the girls and incompetent staff, and keep the remaining NGT girls in the group. If not, disband NGT and transfer only the good girls that did no wrong. That's the only two ways I can see myself still supporting the group. Mgmt are foolish if they think they can just keep quiet about this, it will haunt them forever until it's dealt with.

• Agree x 22
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  14. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    She agonised over it quite a bit before answering, and finally settled on 1st place "for the sake of NGT".
    https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/1815800

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  15. MondyofAus

MondyofAus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    I wanted to draw attention to something that I found interesting. Of course things change and relationships can sour, especially when alliances to different friends gets tested, but I still thought this was interesting to observe at a body language level. I'm talking about the 2 hour meeting the Sousenkyo members had following the election (Kinkyuu Kaigi) discussing various issues in a sort of round table style discussion which you can watch here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x2yV03NKELNX5FpOXbZE1cDEFwSYG4Im/view

The part in particular I found interesting was at 1:52:30, when Yamada Noe is giving her opinion on the lunches that NGT get compared to other groups. Maho is sitting 1 person across to her left, and Maho appears to be happily nodding her head and agreeing with what Noe is saying, even with a smile on her face and a bit of laughter. Now again this was last July, and plenty can happen and change in 6 months, but I just thought it strange that Noe and Maho can go from seemingly being on quite good terms to....well not being, and that is of course assuming that Noe is one of the parties directly involved in the spat.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. rmn89

rmn89 Member

its kind of a shame that when i think if for the innocent membas, siding with maho and stand up together against the management would save the problem . and would actually make a positive media highlights . i can see GIRL POWER "member of a japanese all girls pop group standup togethers against bullying co-worker and mysoginistic management" in international medias. and only then they probably can just rebrand themselves with new management. just like spice girls with their new manager. unfortunately these girls every little moves too much under the managements control.

its too late to say it now but. i just needed to get it out of my mind.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    "East Japan Railway Company (JR East) has announced they will not renew their endorsement contract with NGT48 [Ends April 1st] . Instead they will monitor how they settle the case with Maho and their damaged image of an out of control idol group"
    https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20190328-00000091-kyodonews-soci

Pure Idol Heart on Facebook has been trying to translate too.

• Informative Informative x 18
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    This announcement is particularly interesting and significant because they directly point to the group’s image and management’s handling of the situation as a reason that they are not renewing the contract at this time.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Dirkkun

Dirkkun Kenkyuusei

• Informative Informative x 3