[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Sato Akari and Okuhara Hinako were the aces today. Team B is so strong. Congratulations, Team B!

001.jpg 002.jpg

Yep.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Megu defo the MVP in Dobon though.

... Wish there'd been team cams for Knives Out, I wanted to watch the Team K group that actually sorta knew what they were doing.

3. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I knew they had it difficult in the beginning and I knew about the 7 member audience on their opening night, but I had no idea it was that bad for that long. It's a miracle that not every first gen member dipped considering it took so many years for them to be acknowledged.

I know it's kind of silly but every time I feel overwhelmed or exhausted because of work or chores or workload in general, I often think about the AKB48 documentary where they show behind the scenes footage of the Seibu Dome concert from 2011, where Acchan had a heat stroke, Yuko had a breakdown on the stairs and Takamina took an ice bath (and other scenes I can't recall right now). I think about how these girls gave their best even though they were well beyond their physical limits.

Watching those scenes hurt, I felt awful for the girls and wished they'd stop pushing themselves, but I always use it as motivation to push myself. If they could do that at that age, I always tell myself that I can work harder, too. This little special emboldened those thoughts once again and I can't believe these girls lasted as long as 2012, let alone 2016 or even 2020 like Miichan and Yukirin. I really admire them.

It must have been painful for girls like Miichan, Yukirin, Sasshi, Yuihan and some other members who joined before 2011 to see AKB48's popularity within the general public to decline again.

• Like Like x 5
  4. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    well, even back in 2011 or 2012 Miichan in a documentary acknowledges there will at some time be an inevitable decline in popularity, but she also says something along the lines of "we're though, like grass/weeds, ne?'

and of course this show was dramatised for effect, but their dance trainings were reputedly really harsh

• Like Like x 5
  5. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    AKB48 's Mion Mukaichi and Tomu Muto held the "Stop Oreore [phone scam involving calls from pretended relatives in distress] Scam 47-Family Bond Operation-" project team rally 2020 in Tokyo on the 14th. From this time, AKB48, SKE48, NMB48 [I posted a separate story from Osaka in the NMB General thread], HKT48, STU48 will newly participate as special crime prevention support officers. At the rally, Mion Mukaichi and Muto attended and held a commissioning ceremony.

[others attending, Rina Kawaei, Manatsu Akimoto, and Shinuchi Mai]

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 9.41.26 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 9.40.59 PM.jpg

https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/2348745
    https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/2348502

• Like Like x 5
  6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  7. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    okay but who is this pachinko lady? shinobu?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    No. The former president of AKS, Yoshinari Natsuko. The one who left this year.

9. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    AKB48 is now owned by DH Co, Ltd. DH is in the pachinko business.

"DH Co., Ltd. has been engaged in the planning and development of pachinko, slots, amusement, and other software, and this June has been a full 10 years."

http://www.dh7.co.jp/

I believe it is owned or managed by a woman, whose name I forgot.

Also, you will see that AKB48 is actually 株式会社DH from AKB48 itself, at https://www.akb48.co.jp/company/.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  10. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Now when the ownership is up, may I ask how many of the AKB48 staff from the golden age around 2012 is left?

11. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

Is Natsuko Yoshinari and she is the daughter of Takamori Yoshinari who is president of Success Co., Ltd. dedicated to video games.

12. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    This happened months ago. Further, there is nothing to indicate that these are the same company. Aside from the name they have nothing in common.

That's Vernalossom. AKB's DH is managed by "Uchimura Kazuki", who also the CEO of Osare Company.

That said, Yoshinari is the "pachinko lady" Reveen was referring to.

13. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Kayano Shinobu who has been involved with AKB48 since 2005 when she joined the costume staff, has been the creative director of the costume department of the Osare Company since 2014.

14. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    I still wonder how AKB could pump out new stages in a few months back in 2006 - 2008 but only pump out one stage since 2012 shuffle

15. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Because Aki-p didn’t have 35 other acts to write lyrics for at the same time.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    iirc back in 2014 or 2015 he said the lyrics were all done and blamed the delay in new stages on other aspects of the production staff/creative team. (Or maybe he wasn't the the one who blamed it on them, but someone did.)

17. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

They are 2 different companies. The company which is managing AKB48 is a brand-new company. DH means 48 (D=4, H=8).

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    I think someone pointed out to me once about the production cost might be expensive. I could understand if that were the case for AKB since they have hundreds of member but for other group? Like I know the producing a full album, concept, and performance material might be expensive but I found it hard to believe that they could not release at least one or two new stage (at least one new stage in the case of HKT and SKE)

19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The stage talk infuriates me. They can talk about costs all they want, but I doubt it's very expensive to wrap the girls in plastic costumes, no matter how much Shinobu thinks it's couture.

The stages were what gave the teams an identity, but with teams being constantly shuffled and kennin-ed and the theatre performances being now for random setlists made of songs from everywhere... it's pointless. It feels like when you're mixing crayons on a paper and you get that ugly brown. You can only start again.

Stages would also help separate the current AKB from the past.
    Morning Musume suffered from this. They kept performing Love Machine and Renai Revolution over and over and over again... until they didn't. If you check their last tours (like this one or this one), you'll see they don't touch much of that era, and instead focus on performing their newer stuff with some Platinum Era songs thrown in there. And that's helped the group differentiate itself from... itself (but from the past).

AKB right now is what A-Teens were to ABBA, an official cover group performing 10 year old songs wherever they go. And they have to change that if they want to continue.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 8
  20. cool_.bruh

cool_.bruh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I've heard someone said that aki-p had accidentally given nogi two of AKB songs and AKB two of Nogi songs is this true?