Single AKB48 58th (Ne mo Ha mo Rumor) [2021/09/29)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, May 23, 2021.

1. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    She also said it was a cruel idea ...
    but looking at it from the standpoint of it being engaging she was most likely right, and the concept she had didn't really differ from Produce48, all be it that was about starting a new career without the chance of loosing the current, making the stakes not as high as risking to getting booted from AKB.

The last MNL48 election had something similar iirc ... rank or leave

But, as 'entertaining'/engaging as it might be (think of the all the drama you can milk), I hate what it would be doing to the members, the elections were stressful enough as it is and probably emotionally scared more than a few members

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    I'm not so sure about that... :rolleyes: :whistle: Czechoslovaks are worse tho.

Anyway, we can't expect that many sales for now... and that's not a bad thing.

3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

It took a pandemic for them to give up the million streak. But maybe it’s for the best? With the new show, they can start a narrative of starting from scratch and so on.

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    The show's writers(?) are certainly putting in their best effort to make it seem that way. Starting from scratch again every week.

5. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    Bojler eladó

The only thing that we can >90% sure is sales will be >1M

6. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    You're saying the only thing we can be more than 90% sure is that the sales will be more than 1M [hehe]

7. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Satopii and Mahopyon explain how to take part in the online talks for the new single (with some assistance from YuiYui):

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  8. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Slots

Team A
    Mukaichi Mion 0/72
    Nishikawa Rei 0/60
    Taguchi Manaka 0/48
    Yamane Suzuha 0/48
    Kato Rena 0/48
    Chiba Erii 0/48
    Shinozaki Ayana 0/36
    Suzuki Kurumi 0/36
    Furukawa Nazuna 0/36
    Sato Minami 0/12
    Miyazaki Miho 0/12
    Michieda Saki 0/12
    Iriyama Anna 0/8

Team K
    Muto Tomu 0/72
    Komiyama Haruka 0/48
    Nagatomo Ayami 0/48
    Mogi Shinobu 0/36
    Muto Orin 0/36
    Kobayashi Ran 0/24
    Okada Rina 0/24
    Shimoguchi Hinana 0/24
    Yasuda Kana 0/12
    Ichikawa Manami 0/12
    Yumoto Ami 0/12
    Nagano Megumi 0/12

Team B
    Kubo Satone 0/72
    Kashiwagi Yuki 0/60
    Iwatate Saho 0/48
    Sasaki Yukari 0/48
    Fukuoka Seina 0/48
    Taniguchi Megu 0/48
    Omori Maho 0/48
    Otake Hitomi 0/36
    Takita Kayoko 0/12
    Yamabe Ayu 0/12
    Oya Shizuka 0/12
    Kitazawa Saki 0/12
    Nakanishi Chiyori 0/12
    Saito Haruna 0/12

Team 4
    Murayama Yuiri 0/72
    Okada Nana 0/72
    Yamauchi Mizuki 0/66
    Asai Nanami 0/48
    Inagaki Kaori 0/48
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka 0/48
    Tada Kyoka 0/36
    Ma Chia-Ling 0/36
    Ishiwata Sena 0/36
    Omori Miyuu 0/24
    Sato Kiara 0/12
    Kurosu Haruka 0/12
    Kuramoto Miyuu 0/12

Team 8
    Kuranoo Narumi 0/72
    Honda Hitomi 0/72
    Oguri Yui 0/69
    Okabe Rin 0/69
    Shitao Miu 0/48
    Oda Erina 0/48
    Yokoyama Yui 0/48
    Yoshikawa Nanase 0/48
    Shimizu Maria 0/48
    Sakaguchi Nagisa 0/48
    Nagano Serika 0/48
    Onishi Momoka 0/36
    Gyoten Yurina 0/36
    Takahashi Ayane 0/36
    Takahashi Sayaka 0/18
    Fukutome Mitsuho 0/18
    Hashimoto Haruna 0/15
    Hattori Yuna 0/15
    Yoshida Karen 0/12
    Hama Sayuna 0/12
    Fujizono Rei 0/12
    Okumoto Hinano 0/9
    Hidaritomo Ayaka 0/9
    Yamada Kyoka 0/9
    Harumoto Yuki 0/9
    Kawahara Misaki 0/9
    Okuhara Hinako 0/9
    Utada Hatsuka 0/9
    Takaoka Kaoru 0/9
    Hirano Hikaru 0/9
    Uemi Sorano 0/9

Some of these make absolutely no sense.

9. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Annin is only taking part on 12/25 & 26 which is why she only has 8 slots, presumably work commitments are taking precedence.

10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

[​IMG]

ANYWAY I'm surprised at Satopii getting 72 slots? Is she that popular?

Also, how do these slots work? Back in the day, each one was 90 min (then shortened to 60, iirc) and we could more or less calculate how many sales a girl would bring. But with these... 72 slots is a lot, so surely they're 30 min or so? fffff

11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Miyazaki Miho 0/12
    Oya Shizuka 0/12

- More years in the group than talk slots.

• Creative Creative x 1
  12. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    She's popular, but yes, 72 is way too much. But that's true for most of them. This is the way they found to sell more: exhaustion.

Yet, she's far from being the most WTF case. What I'm going to say is based on previous sales; it can be different this time, but that's something not even DH can guess.

So, Rei did pretty well recently but is she really "worth" 60 slots? How can Erii have the same slots as Manaka? How can Erii have the same slots as Naamin, Odaeri, Saho, Nagi, Renacchi, etc.? For how long are they going to keep pretending that Maho, Shitao and Yoko sell the same as Championship/League One members? Not even Komi, right? Why is Onishi so low? Is Nazuna as popular as her? Doesn't Sayarin sell more than Ayane? Weren't Kurumi's sales shit?

I know that they're trying to make it look like that this senbatsu lineup is more popular than they actually are, it's not exactly something new

They have seven dates in 2021 and five in 2022. If you have four slots each day that makes it 48. If you have six that's 60.

13. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I had an online talk with her earlier this year and she was very cheerful and friendly, so if that's anything to go by then I'd say she is indeed popular at talks. (She spoke some basic English with me so maybe she's somebody for international fans to consider.)

They're each 60 minutes again.

I've met them each once at events in Japan and they each looked bored stiff. IDK if that's normal with them, maybe it is.

• Informative Informative x 3
  14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Tales of Myao's salty handshakes go back years. I'd say with Oya she's just kind of boring away from the camera like a lot of comedians.

Is Hiyuka participating?

15. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Nope. Nor Mashiro, Minagawa, Remi and Homma Mai.

16. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    man of culture

/off

17. Doraleous

Doraleous Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Motomura Aoi
    NO MASHIRO NO LIFE

18. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Rei was not very far behind Satone in the April Shitsuren Arigatou resales, so I'm not sure where that's coming from. This is also her first senbatsu, so (as will become a running theme) she will most likely get a boost of well-wishers congratulating her. As for Erii, sure she sold worse than those girls but this is also her first senbatsu, see the previous sentence.

0/48 isn't really Championship anything, though Miu and Yokochan are both senbatsu (Yoko her first) so again, that usually means more interest. As for Komi, she's a captain. She's supposed to be popular. And that's all I can be permitted to say about that.

More generally as far as why this girl or that, it's a mistake to think sold out slots tell even half of the story. Not only do we not know how full the rest are, some of the low-to-middling sellers during pre- and resales are popular choices for oshimashi. (That said, girls who can start selling out even non-sign, non-birthday slots are probably more popular than those who don't.)

In both Onishi and Sayarin's case, the low slot count is entirely due to being scheduled for only half the dates. Onishi has 6 slots on the days she is scheduled. I know Onishi is absent in October due to other commitments (specifically two stage plays), most likely the same is true for the rest of her absences as well as Sayarin's.

What actually isn't new is that senbatsu members (especially fresh ones) do actually tend to sell out more than they would otherwise.

Presumably you meant 72 for 6. Also unlike physical handshakes each online talk ticket is worth 15 seconds, so there's only a maximum of 240 tickets per slot instead of 540. (Probably actually 200 vs 500, maybe less for autograph events.)

48 Online Talk slots is about the same as 20 Handshake slots, in terms of actual sales. 72 is about 30.

The website actually lists Hommai and Yukarin's participation schedules as still being worked on, same with Yuihan.

----------------------

Per the 8/20 update

Team A
    Miyazaki Miho 0/12 -> 0/11

Team 4
    Asai Nanami 0/48 -> 0/44

Team 8
    Yoshikawa Nanase 0/48 -> 0/44
    Yokoyama Yui 0/48 -> 0/44

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
  19. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    No, she wasn't. But Satone had 15 slots and she had 11, a detail you kinda mentioned later.

It comes from the fact that Odaeri had more allocated slots but sold more than she did and yet she has 48 for this single. Naamin sold 9 with 13 slots. Manaka had one less but sold the same number. Which leads us to the second point...

It's not easy to compare with the previous singles since they had a small number of AKBs, most of them highly popular. But, for instance, when Shitao had her first senbatsu she had a increase of... was it six or eight slots? Something like that, far away from the other senbatsu members. So yes, if that's a thing now it's certainly new. But even if you're using that as an excuse I can still question that decision (and I'm not alone).

The Championship is the second division. Americans...

Errrrm... not always. I mean, sure it can happen. As I've said, I don't know what is going to happen in this single, but they have to make decisions based on previous results. You see, this is not about how many slots they have but how much compared to members who have sold a lot more. If you have one girl that sells ten times more than other and in the next single you give more or the same number of slots to the latter, then fuck me if that isn't bad management.

One day Shiichan will be a captain and I want to see what people will say then. I always wonder why so many ask why Komi isn't selected when Saho is far more popular and is also a captain. Komi is a good girl tho.

The disparity is too big, wlerin.

But what about Yoko? She's there with Sayarin.

It's funny that you say that, because Zukkii was selected for two consecutive singles when her selling level wasn't that high (and some that were selling more than her weren't selected) but as soon as they dropped her it skyrocketed.

Shit, I multiplied by ten.

20. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Except it's not. You're hyperfocusing on one tiny piece of the puzzle.

I would really love to see Saho (with Mogi) in senbatsu one of these days (soon, before they're gone). But yeah. One obvious difference between Saho and Komi is Komi has been in senbatsu so there's a sense she's lost something.

• Agree Agree x 2