Single [SINGLE] Itano Tomomi - Solo Debut [Dear J] - 2011/01/26

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by aakun, Dec 11, 2010.

1. tinyredman

tinyredman Kenkyuusei

Somehow, it had the kpop feel to it. But nonethelesss, it was orgasm.

When will it be takamina's turn?

2. moyism

moyism Kenkyuusei

I haven't checked what links or rips have been put up of Tomochin's "Dear J" perf from CDTV (other than the actual perf itself), but watching the full CDTV SP, the girls actually say something along those lines. Well, more like "Awwww our Tomochin is growing up before our eyes" but yea... [hehe]

(BTW this is after both Tomochin & no3b perform and the SMAP dude is asking for the girls' comments)

3. akb48_fanboy

akb48_fanboy Kenkyuusei

but the audience was 99.9% girls. though a high-pitched MIX would be cool

4. kingtheking81

kingtheking81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishizukaakari
    not bad for a debut performance, although it felt a bit awkward. i still dont see her as a soloist. She'll be super busy from now on, let alone able to attend at the theater.

5. berryz

berryz Kenkyuusei

i've seen it on youtube at CDTV speciallive 2010-2011
    it's awesome!!

ican't waiting for cd release ><

6. oddball

oddball Member

^

Didn't know she was performing it at the CDTV thing, will have to go check it out as I am liking the song more now, I've kinda gotten used to it now and am beginning to like it more and more!...

7. ET920

ET920 Member

Personally song is meh (not her fault really), looks like producers are still trying to give her a profile, so the first album may have some different tunes (to see which profile fits her better). It is infinitely better than Amai Kokansetsu for a debut, which is good news. [evil] I thought she would go more R&B, but she appeared with some electro stuff more like the old Amuro days (Body feels exit, for example). I don't mind that much, but it is pretty '90s or '00s, kind of late to the party.

She seems a bit uncomfortable still with dancers near her, but that is just the way Japanese solo singers work. She will sell quite a lot thanks to AKB48 wotas and her own female followers, but she is still pretty green. However, it indeed looks like she is trying her best.

All the girls (well, most of them actually) were moved by her performance. What bothered me is that, when no3b played, she gave a shit about them. Not sure if it was because she was pondering her debut (in the best of cases) or it is her way of being (which is what I am lead to do, at Shuukan AKB she was one of the last regarding memories about the group, as if she didn't care about the group at all, contrary to Miichan and Takamina who treasures every moment with the group). Quite different from the reactions of Rena and Tomoomi, who were smiling like little children singing along them.

8. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

^ Well, from what little I know about Tomochin, she is very close friends with Takamina, Haruna and Miichan so I don't really think that she doesn't care about no3b, I think she was nervous about having her first solo live performance, which is why she seemed a little weird xD

9. fullshield

fullshield Kenkyuusei

aww the performance! :inlove: :inlove:
    that's it. i'm buying the single now. [evil]

10. 09lojh1

09lojh1 Kenkyuusei

yea.... when you've just performed with over 130 people for kouhaku, and then going straight to CDTV, for a performance with only 4 backup dancers, i suppose it really would feel weird for tomochin~ relli hope her next song style is more Tsundere like tho XD btw, this might have appeared before, but who wrote the lyrics to Dear J? was it aki-p?

11. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    It feels weird for me to be defending Tomo-chin, but I'm pretty sure she was just worried about how the performance went and in her own little world.

Yuko, Acchan, Mariko, Asuka, Yui, Kasai, Rie, and Sae had good reactions... Just sayin'.

12. ET920

ET920 Member

I think they should have had no3b first and then Tomochin, that way Miichan, Kojiharu and Takamina would be supporting her from the seats and not backstage. Besides, it would have been pretty nice to see Takamina crying along Yuko :inlove: You know, it is strange that the most popular girls don't have solo songs like Takamina, Rena, etc. Singing in front of the audience alone is usually the way to forge themselves for a solo career.

Been thinking, maybe the 6 formations in Beginner were done so that popular girls with no chances of being front face were able to be one at least once before graduating, specifically talking about Mariko, Tomochin and Takamina (being front girl back when nobody knew AKB48 doesn't count). And since Mayuyu and Jurina represent the generation to come, they shared the front.

13. reddertar

reddertar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    Yuko had her solo in K3.
    Acchan had Nagisa no Cherry that is almost her solo song.
    And I think performing isn't Mariko's forte anyway, so she didn't have any.
    Consider that the main strength of all top three are not singing (Acting and modeling), so that maybe why Aki-p don't do solo for them much.

Moreover,

Mayu always has her solo as b-sides in watarirouka singles.
    All three captains already had their own solo. (in K5, A6, B5)
    In no3b album, Kojiharu and Miichan got their own solo.
    And Rena is the most popular member...of SKE, so she has her solo on SKE stage.
    The highest rank member who didn't have any solo besides Mariko is Sae.

14. azury

azury Kenkyuusei

Actually, Sae had some solo songs in Chocolove singles and album. ;)
    I know that they are just solo version but I think that still count.

15. akb48_fanboy

akb48_fanboy Kenkyuusei

yes Aki-P wrote it (as usual), I saw it in a documentary about him. he went to the studio for the recording of Dear J as well..

16. Sarki

Sarki Kenkyuusei

Hum...I was particularly a bit disappointed with the dance. I mean, I know it must have not been so easy because of the circumstances above, but it's almost the same thing I though with the PV preview. She hardly moves. Too stiff.

I mean, the song somehow urges you to move while you're listening at it so I felt it was a bit akward.

Nevertheless, the song itself is magnificient (though I had said that before!!!). Oh, and obviously the girl's reactions are priceless.

17. ET920

ET920 Member

Still needs practice. When your back dances move so much, if you don't as well it is easily noticeable. While there are differences, I hope she will be able to build on top of Amuro, updating her tunes. Look how when Amuro is with the back dances she participates in the dancing, but when she stops the dancers go to the other side. It is similar to TRF, when the dancers are near Yu-ki dances with them, otherwise she sings standing up with minimum movements.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHGPE_c8DV4[/yt]

Amuro also started very young (at 12) in a metagroup of 15 girls (out of which five became Super Monkeys, from where Amuro and some MAX members appeared).

18. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

:worthy:

Ok, officially love the song now.

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed in the lack of choreography on Tomochin's part especially knowing that she can do a lot more while still singing pretty well. Plus, she was pretty stiff with the little choreo she did have, probably nervousness though since she's used to being on stage with a whole lot more girls and some of them her friends. Hopefully, if her solo career continues that'll all change with time as she gets better and more comfortable.

19. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I think you guys are over analyzing her first live performance. And what stiffness?!! I'd say just lack of choreography and that's all.
    I think they have to add/change something to dance part otherwise during AKB concerts where back-dancers are not allowed performance would look to static.
    Or on second thought back-dancers might be replaced by AKB girls. [rock]

20. Sarki

Sarki Kenkyuusei

Hey, I never said this would be something persisting until the end of time!!

Of course it's just the first performance. And there is obviously room for more in the future [think]
    Sorry if I made anyone think it had no solution whatsoever >.<