Rate the last film you watched

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by CDevil, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Maybe cause they died? :confused::cold:

2. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I don't think so...I'm watching a pic of the dwarves and I don't recall seeing a lot (if anything at all) of Oin, Dori or Gloin...did they die in the previous films? Maybe I just missed them...

3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Maybe they just didn't have much to do in the last one? lol
    I haven't watched it yet though

4. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    The Interview

Decided to watch this because its been in the news for over a week. Its your typical political comedy. I'll give it a 3 out of 10, make that 4 for the LOTR references. I cannot really recommend it but all other will probably watch this for the same reason as I have. Its nice enough I was able to sat on it for almost 2 hour, quite a feat considering I do not really watch this kind of movie. Anyway, I can't say much just watch it.

5. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

I remember watching The Hobbit and just being really mad that the dwarves just barged into Bilbo's house and ate all his food... like just cleaned out 6 months worth of food from his pantry in one night. IDK why, but that just put me in a bad mood and I was rooting against the dwarves for the entire rest of the film. :^^;:

6. karles48

Yes, I felt like that, too...but I guess that my annoyance softened when I heard their song about the lonely mountain...a sad song, but a beautiful song... :blush:

7. ふざけないで

ふざけないで Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno - 7/10
    For me, didn't quite have the impact of the first, though I'm guessing this installment was intended to be more emotional.

8. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Last night, I marathoned all Step Up movies, 1-5.

#1 - Step Up - 4/10

It was vomit-inducing, quite frankly. There wasn't enough dancing, the plot was annoying and I don't mind not seeing it again. Ever.
    Despite the inclusion of Channing Tatum, it was just a rom-com with a dancey twist.

#2 - Step Up 2: The Streets - 6/10

So much more dancing and much more enjoyable, miles better than the first. The end dance in the rain is fantastic, Moose is a glorious character and while the plot was a little weak, this felt like more of a starting point than the first film.

#3 - Step Up 3D - 7/10

Didn't watch it in 3D so it was just normal old 3 for me. Another shaky storyline, I didn't feel I learned anything about Luke Katcher, the supposed male lead, and again Moose was the film-stealer. His dance sequences are soooo good.

#4 - Step Up 4: Miami Heat - 9/10

Also known as Step Up Revolution, not gonna call it that though. Completely loved this one, all of the flashmob sequences were beautifully choreographed and there was an actual plot this time! The bro-fighting was weak, as was their reason for it, but the dancing was hot, Moose made a cameo and it just completely sold Miami for me. Would definitely recommend this one.

#5 - Step Up: All In - 7 or 8/10

This brings all your favourite dancers from the previous three films - and some new faces - and meshes them together in a TV competition battle for a 3 year show in Vegas. It did nothing to promote Vegas at all, was all about the power struggle between two old leaders and the competition. Moose is back in earnest - honestly, cannot rate him enough - and the plot is good but not great.

Have heard that they are casting for Step Up 6... interested to see where they go with that one.

9. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

^
    Wow props that sounds like a fun marathon!!

3 Days to Kill
    Its a good movie! Passed my expectations but there is one word that will change your feeling about the movie. But I can't spoil that for you all :p

**EDIT CAUSE NO ONE POSTED AFTER ME YET CMON ITS BEEN SEVERAL DAYS ^_^***

The Interview (Youtube Version)
    Rented the release online. It's another Franco and Seth Rogan film like This Is The End. I like their friendship and really witty humor. Though....the matter they are covering is a serious issue (and may very well be exaggerated or innaccurate) the movie was really enjoyable. No spoilers sorry!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  10. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    ^ thank you, it was!!

I also watched The Interview!

I heard Seth Rogan wrote it while high.
    Which would make perfect sense. o_O
    It is quite funny, always OTT and worth a watch if you like his style of humour. Franco's character was brilliantly portrayed, and I couldn't believe what they had done to Kim Jong Un. Anyone who knows what he looks like will see what I mean when they see him in the movie.
    7 or 8/10.

Same night, I watched the recent version of Godzilla.
    WHO WAS BARELY IN IT.
    I found it to be largely disappointing. I genuinely didn't care what happened to the main character, the monster fight scenes were drawn out and seriously, does everything have to happen to America?! Godzilla himself was a roaring hulk of ferociousness, and his roar was quite something.
    7/10.

11. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    The interview as well : 6.5/10

James franco was convincing being a super crazy anchorman. The relationship north korean officier with the average american cooled me off. It was a funny comedy overall.

the 0.5 comes from "They hate us 'cause they ain' us" and "He honeydick me? No i was honeydicking him!!"

12. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Ooh! I'm planning to watch Godzilla tonight....both the first American failed attempt (don't know if Japan was trolled or was given what we could produce) and the new version. It was shot in Hawaii (again) so i'm eager to see my home included somewhere!

13. bebopalula

bebopalula Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    The Imitation Game - 9/10. I know this movie has gotten a lot of awards season buzz and acclaim, but I'm really not a fan of Benedict Cumberbatch and the subject matter wasn't particularly up my alley, so I went into it with relatively low expectations. It's a very touching, well done movie. It definitely exceeded my expectations. All of the performances are great, from Benedict Cumberbatch to Matthew Goode to Keira Knightley.

Nocturna - 9/10. Maybe I should give this a lower rating, because it's technically a kid's movie, but I really liked it. The characters are likable and the animation is gorgeous and serves the story well. The whole thing is just really trippy and creative and charming and adorable.

14. karles48

The chronicles of Narnia: the voyage of the dawn treader
    I got a bit bored. The special effects are great, but the plot is so-so and sometimes it looks a bit rushed. 6/10

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  15. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Bad Teacher

I can't deny that I like Cameron Diaz as an actress. She is pretty versatile and took to the role with great enthusiasm.
    But the whole plot and message of the film was skewed, the 'baddie' was annoying to the point it ruined the whole thing and not even Justin Timberlake could save this film.
    I'm dubious about his acting anyway. Time was an amazing film (with Amanda Seyfried) and he was good in it, but this seemed off.

Definitely not something I'd watch again, 3 or 4/10.

16. karles48

Tad, the lost explorer. A Spanish animated film. I've never been too fond of Spanish cartoons, but this film was quite enjoyable. Btw, the parrot and the dog absolutely stole the show!! :lol:

if the video does not show watch the video here

17. karles48

Serial (Bad) weddings: a French movie. It's full of clichés, but they are used in such a funny way that I couldn't help laughting... 9/10

18. ふざけないで

ふざけないで Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Guardians of the Galaxy: 9/10
    Lucy: 2/10

19. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Maleficent

I went into watching this film fully prepared to hate everything about it, because it was not Sleeping Beauty, it was twisting a Disney classic and ANGELINA JOLIE?!? REALLY?

I ended the film in total shock and awe, loving it and willing to recommend it to anyone.

It is moving, funny, beautiful and actually brilliantly cast.
    Aurora is playing by Dakota Fanning's sister, and I spent half the film going 'Where have I seen her before?!' before I looked it up and found out who she was.
    Jolie doesn't try to sex up the role - Maleficent is striking, powerful, and you end up rooting for her entirely.
    Sharlto Copley of District 9 fame - if you have not seen this film, watch it. Watch it now - is suitable as an enraged king and the Fairy Godmothers are less funny than irritating.

9/10 :D

20. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    The raid : redemption

Apology of violence and brutality, but the focus is on someone "pure". Watch it if you're looking for intense action, not for the plot. Not recommended for child.

7/10