Miyazaki Miho (Myao) / 5th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Tatami Mats, Jul 13, 2008.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

[​IMG]
    Her new Official AKS Photo for 2015.

2. Nagatsuki Nura

Nagatsuki Nura Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Uwaaaa~ So beautiful and otonappoi :inlove::omfg:

3. Nagatsuki Nura

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Myao ranked in #79th place in preliminary results

4. GGMyao

GGMyao Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazakimiho
    quite low if it's compared to the previous year prelim results
    well...on the bright side at least she still got ranked (barely);)

5. exseed

exseed Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazakimiho
    毎年総選挙のあとは自分の気持ちがスラスラ出てくるんだけど、今年はだめだなぁ。。 考えても考えても考えても、この言葉しか出てこない。 本当に悔しい。 悔しくて悔しくて涙が出る。 でもそう思えるのは、 毎日の活動にすごくやり甲斐を感じていたからだと思う。 なにげなく毎日を過ごして、 なにも考えず日々過ぎていって、 そんな気持ちで 今日の総選挙を迎えたわけじゃないからだと思う。 あーランクイン出来なかった〜 まぁしょうがないか そんな気持ちになれなかった 本当に本当に悔しくて わたしはこんなんで終わっちゃう人になりたくないし、絶対ならない。 どんな形でも自分の道を切り開かないといけない 総選挙にランクインすること選抜に入ることが最終目的ではなく みんなに見てもらいたい それはたくさん投票してくれた皆さんに恥じてほしくないから。 だから、ごめんね、そしてありがとう。 この悔しさ絶対忘れない。 応援してくださった皆様本当にありがとうございました!

Anyone can translate this? It was from myao 755.
    Hmm,she wasn't able to rank,I hope she did not take it too hard on herself.

6. philipho188

philipho188 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    ^
    She said she cried but even though didn't rank, it's not the end...

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  7. JadeFlower

JadeFlower Member

Twitter:
    sarahfylxr
    I've a question. I search the answear since I know her, but I cannot find a answear. Why did she dropped out of Senbatsu? :|

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk

8. Diego Carvajal

Diego Carvajal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    Diegoywea
    @JadeFlower because the management stopped pushing her, she had a really good push in late 2008-2010, but then, when the 9th gen. enter to the action, they started to push these new girls and the management stopped pushing a lot of girls who had a brilliant future and a decent group of fans :( that's my theory, what I saw in those times, I think there would be more reasons, but this is the main reason I guess. I hate management dude.

9. risou

risou Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I'm going to elaborate on what Diego already alluded to.

I've done some thinking about this and came up with my own conclusions regarding the matter.
    Unfortunately, I wasn't an AKB fan during Myao's prime and at the start of her decline. Therefore, I have no first-hand experiences. Hence, this is a retrospective analysis pieced together by other analysis.

1. Lack of development in her character.
    Her kusogaki (bratty kid) character kind of went astray after some time. It lacked freshness.
    I don't know if management told her to play this or she chose it herself. Regardless, she wasn't very suitable for this role, which she herself was aware of.
    It also ultimately raises the question, what happens when the gaki or kid grows up?
    No one knew. So she was displaced into this ambiguous zone, no one knowing what to do with her.
    Rather than finding a solution, they found it much easier to find a new girl.

All which was possible due to...

2. Influx of new members.
    AKB was now getting really popular.
    Most notable of Myao's drop is 2012 senbatsu of 38th to 2013 senbatsu of no-rank.
    If you noticed, in 2012 and 2013, you will see a lot of new members entering Senbatsu for the first time. Many from SKE, NMB, HKT
    There are simply much much more competition now than before.

Therefore, it's not that Myao lost fans and dropped out of Senbatsu. It is that her fanbase didn't grow much.
    Her votes (6-9k) remained the same as it did in the start.

To put into perspective, Acchan won 2009 Senbatsu with 4k vote. This year, Sasshi won with 190k.

This then raises the question..

3. why her fanbase didn't grow
    If you see Myao now, her kusogaki character is over. What this means is that there was a transition period.
    This isn't like Mayuyu shedding her super cutsie look for a more mature look.
    Myao did not change a small section of her character over time, she did a complete character change.

Can you guess how most people would react to this transition period?
    answer is confusion.

most AKB members fit under certain character archetypes
    We have Mayuyu and Acchan for the "perfect idol" ; Milky for the "seductive girl" ; Kawaei for the "'stupid girl" etc.

Since most people didn't know what Myao exactly was, people kinda passed over her.
    This wouldn't be so bad if she did the character change earlier. Unfortunately, it happened during one the worst times, which was when AKB was getting really popular.

Thus, she lost the spotlight.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  10. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Also, if you go through the AKB experiences thread you'll see mixed reports about Myao's handshakes there, sometimes she's nice and funny but sometimes she's salty. Along with a push a member has to build her fanbase through handshakes and if they're not doing that then they'll lose to newer members who are better at fishing or more consistently friendly to the fans. Eventually the management push will end and the member has to take more of the onus on themselves to grow their fanbase.

11. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
  12. Nagatsuki Nura

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Myao... i miss the old days when she was really exposed...

13. hiru

hiru Kenkyuusei

14. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Yes, that is Nakaya Sayaka.

15. risou

risou Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    This is one of the points that I never understood well.
    Did that happen because she wasn't sure what kind of character she should be playing as? Or was she just not very good at handshakes at the time?
    I don't know much about Myao to make a guess. Perhaps in a combination of both.
    What would your take be on this?

16. arieffpaji

arieffpaji Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazakimiho
    In my opinion, better if myao acting like actually herself. As fans of myao, and have not met directly with her, I want to know what actually character she is.

17. Jisei

Jisei Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    jcrasco
    myao is actually carefree and sort of HAD a "My Pace" attitude. If you guys have checked out AKB600seconds on Myao then you'll see some of her realness and why I say some is because that show is not entirely 100% candid.
    Anyway that was a long time ago back when Myao was in her teens. Now based on her twitter and blog posts. I assume she's just a normal girl who likes Make-up and pretty dresses. As for her athleticism if you guys watched the
    2nd AKB sports fest then haha... yeah. She came in last in the marathon but It wasn't sad It was one hell of a finish thanks to TEAM A. OH by the way glad you guys are talking about Myao now. This thread used to be well not viewd much.

18. exseed

exseed Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazakimiho
    Speaking about AKB600seconds,has anyone seen the full version AKB5400seconds about myao? Was there any interesting conversation?

19. Jisei

Jisei Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    jcrasco
    I have, and well aside from eating some more and buying stuff its just a lengthy version of the 600 seconds. But yeah I've watched it a long time Ago so i don't recall her exact conversations.

20. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I've not met any members including Myao so I can't say from personal experience but going by what people here who have gone to her handshakes and by experiences of tumblr posters who have gone to her it just seems like she didn't particularly like doing handshakes. And that's perfectly ok, we can't expect every member to be into it (or to fake it) but they have to realize that not doing good handshakes is probably going to be a limiting factor, especially when it comes to wota.