Best way to introduce AKB48 to a nonfan friend

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by renjiro, Apr 15, 2015.

1. ajeossi76

ajeossi76 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    Best way is like I did. Talk nice things about 50 different girls, also remember to post pictures of them. Tell how awesome their concerts, songs, tv shows and everything are. Ramble about AKBHKTNMBSKENogizaka and all the teams. That's the way I did it :lol: Luckily my friend understands and is happy that I've found something so precious. He even likes some songs and members now, even though he doesn't listen any AKB records.

2. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Gravure if your friend is pervy (or a man)
    (Suggested Kojima Haruna, Kuramochi Asuka, Matsui Rena, Kashiwagi Yuki and don't give them Mion and Naanya or else they'll call you pedo)

And watch AKB vids in front of your friends or pick 2 great song performance vid and ask your friend to compare it.

3. Chimai

Chimai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Hmmm, it totally depends on the person.

I have had three of my friends show interest in AKB. The first one actually started listening to them when I did--we both bought Kamikyokutachi at Hot Topic on a choir trip because I had decided to give AKB a chance. It helped that she liked H!P and other J-Pop and (K-Pop) before that, though. This friend is still a casual fan but we talk about AKB a lot. She started to like them more after I showed her the documentary about the group's beginnings.

The second friend was interested after I showed her the Beginner music video, haha. But again, she already liked J-Pop and K-Pop.

The only friend who never listened to Asian music before was my most recent convert. I posted Yuuhi wo Miteiru ka? on social media and he happened to click on it and told me the next time he saw me that he really liked it. I sent a few more songs (both J-Pop and K-Pop) his way and he really liked AKB songs, especially Ponytail to Shushu, Everyday Kachuusha, Gingham Check, and RIVER. And Sugar Rush because he LOVES Disney and when I told him they did the song from Wreck-It-Ralph he was really excited, haha.

4. Hedoko Akina

Hedoko Akina Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    I went on a few fan rants to a good friend without realising it, and I think I drove him further from the fandom! XD lol
    he did say he would be all over it if it was a mens group. :lol:

5. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I showed AKBingo to a friend and now I dragged her (and potentially her husband) deep into Miichan Hell.

I

am

so

sorry.

Still, i think AKBingo by itself is pretty effective to introduce others to 48G.

6. Jamie

Jamie Kenkyuusei

I usually show my friends some of my favourite songs of AKB.
    When they feel interested with AKB, I will ask them which is their type of girl, and I will find a girl in AKB that match their type ;)

7. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    I think it depends on what kinds of things that person are into lol. I lured my friend using a certain gravure pic of a certain HKT member and he is a wota now lolol.

8. eriri

eriri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I got into idols through Love Live, but I went through H!P and some smaller groups before finally getting into 48g. I think there's more of a stigma associated with AKB because people find it kind of shady (it is a bit sketchier than H!P for sure) but over time it should grow on them. Otherwise they just aren't meant to be idol fans which is natural.

Usually AKBingo seems to be a good way for people to get to know the girls better. Majisuka is good for some people as well.

9. zweimac

zweimac Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    Zweimac
    As other people have said already I think it's difficult to introduce AKB48 to someone who isn't interested or at least have some experience with Japanese culture.

I wasn't really a fan of pop music.
    I got into AKB through the AKB49 Renai Kinshi Jorei manga then Majisuka and AKBingo.
    I still wasn't interested with idols even while reading the manga but it got me interested in Acchan's character and that got me started.
    So try helping them find a girl to like first and maybe they'll get interested to know more about the group.

10. Ikhsan Assalafus

Ikhsan Assalafus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    Just_Ikhsan48
    Well in Indonesia, of course my friends already know JKT48, so i just tell "JKT48 is AKB48 sister group" but "little bit sexy" :hehe:. And somehow it did work although they just like one of the member (mostly Mayuyu). But when i watched Documentary of AKB48 with my father, my father said "now i know why you love them" and several days later, i found Hebirote and Baby Baby Baby in my father's cellphone [hehe]

11. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Well, if your relative is pervert, just show them bikini mv like hebirote and baby 3x lol. but tbh having pervert relative is disgusting

12. hiru

hiru Kenkyuusei

I agree with everyone that suggested AKBINGO, that was what made me gotten into AKB as well [hehe]

I also have a friend that is an anime idols fan (idolm@ster and Love Live!), and for her I showed her some AKB performances. It would help if you know what kind of songs your friends like, and show them performances or songs that are close to their favorite type of songs.
    Good luck! xD