Single AKB48 43rd [Kimi wa Melody] (2016/03/09)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Menma

Menma Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    My excitement for this single died~ I was expecting like a double center with an old gen and a new gen or even Miion but oh well. I wonder where the grads positions are and how the song sounds.

2. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

Why give a solo center to a girl who says she'll destroy AKB when it's meant to be part of the celebration of AKB?

Is that actual confirmed center or center of today's performance?

Regardless of kennin status, she'd probably still be there as a HKT ace, so that isn't my beef. As an anniversary single, give it to a position of girl's with a major history in AKB. Hell, Jurina isn't even kennin anymore and I'd support that more because of how strong her ties are and for everything she's done for AKB. What about Yukirin? Or as much as I'd hate it, Nyan? Hell, why no w-1st gen?

I honestly don't pay attention to Sakura, but I've seen her get a fair amount of hate. If management is trying for a Jurina 2.0, they should stop - let the girls be themselves and attempt to make their own success story (yes, easier said than done, but management can push without shoving them everywhere too). This just seems like a stupid move. A new chapter could be opened in a much less jarring way.

If Sakura was solo center for any other single, it'd be big, but not as big. We've had it before with Jurina. But an anniversary one is pretty rude tbh. Like, make it a double center with Yui - AKB and the oncoming sister groups, which fits in nicely with their promo images of sousenkyo (the fighting ones) (maybe the year before?) (it doesn't have to be a fight song, the imagery of two different groups coming together would do nicely). There's so many better ways this could have gone...

• Like Like x 4
  3. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Tbh, post-SSK AKS has calmed down somewhat on the Sakura storm:
    -only AKB center [Wcenter] was Kibouteki 11/26/2014
    -last AKB A-side album cover was Green Flash 3/4/2015
    -only HKT center [Wcenter] was 12 Byou 4/22/2015
    -MajiGaku 5 was over the summer & MajiGaku 0 came out around 11/23/2015
    -and her PB came out sometime in 2015

Between SSK & now her push was really only seen in MajiGaku
    It's not like she has time to do all the variety shows & stages

It's kinda about time for her to solo center an AKB single.
    Think back to the Paruru push, the Jurina push-- those were EGREGIOUSLY BAD
    [ie: rigged JKTKs & putting some sister group 11-yr old as center of her first AKB song to boost SKE]
    The Sakura push was OVER-THE-TOP when MajiGaku 4 came out, sure
    But this is just a natural progression from that.

CONGRATS, SAKURATAN

season of sakura.jpg

EDIT: for anyone doubting the report, go search Kimi wa Melody on twitter or wherever. The costumes are boring, everyday wear compared to lol every idol pop A-side ever. Sakura's hair is kinda flat in it.

EDIT 2: Sakura's doesn't need to transfer, since her HKT membership is basically a kennin LOL, and her AKB kenninship is basically a full-transfer, because of all the Tokyo work she has to do.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  4. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

Im also a bit disapointed, i thought center will go to Jurina, or at least give it to an AKB member (Miion).

5. A(KB)gent048

A(KB)gent048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    I asked before too in a facebook page, but seems like even oricon news confirmed it...

6. Menma

Menma Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I think this is a pic from the performance?

[​IMG]

7. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Sasshi or Kennins being salty should be a non-issue. They already get to be in two Senbatsu taking up places someone like Naachan or Kojimako could take if available, I don't quite think they are entitled to complain about their position when they are already so privileged in comparison of other girls. Just look at Miichan and Sae, they have been consistently bottom 2 in the most recent Senbatsus, even though Miichan is a 1st gen and Sae's last rank was just one short of Kami7. IDK man, it just feels arrogant on their part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. celyn

celyn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miichan
    Sakura's one of those members that I somewhat dislike, so to read this new info annoys me so much (especially since I always want a full AKB member to center AKB singles).

9. Galaxy Red

Galaxy Red Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    wow really??? 10th anniversary single and they choose sakura as center? what a bullsh*t!!! so disappointing. where is the idea of Mayuyu as absolute ace or Paruru as next gen ace???

someone said sakura is ultron of AKB? I completely agree. so in the MV I hope the graduates come as avengers and beat her really hard

10. Millyna

Millyna Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    If it is. Who is shown on the screen in the middle?

11. NanaHoshii

NanaHoshii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    habumizuho
    This. And she said it right after her Senpais asked fans to keep supporting AKB in the futur. I was really hoping for a Yui center or a Mion center...

12. Menma

Menma Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Paru with some weird hairstyle

13. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    It's the Paru.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. celyn

celyn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miichan
    All I know is that I'm skipping on this single. /disappointed

15. NonKaNon

NonKaNon Kenkyuusei

Move to SKE48 and KPOP, bye~

Sent from my SM-G530H using Tapatalk

16. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    some really weird hairstyle xD

also the costumes seem... cheap? i can't find a right word to describe it lol

lol i wish. imagine acchan coming, one-hit KOing sakura, like "bish im the queen"

• Like Like x 1
  17. kaisap112

kaisap112 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    So were the grads brought in to combat potential boycotting of this single because of Sakura-center? :confused:

18. Minowa Natsuki

Minowa Natsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    The costume is rather bad... I prefer GF costume than this one tbh:fp: and why is kojiharu the only one that wears black?

19. edisonaguilar

edisonaguilar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    edsnaguilar
    I'm not against Sakura centering an AKB single but imo the timing was wrong. And note that Sakura is one of my oshis behind Renacchi, Paruru, and Miion. This was supposed to be the 'start of a new decade' single but a sister group member is centering the start of that 'new chapter'. This is like 'Oogoe Diamond' era again when AKB changed labels then fans called it a 'new chapter for AKB' then was blasted with a sister group member centering the supposed start of a new chapter. Everyone went wild back then and I could see it happening for this one as well.

Putting that aside, I'm happy for my oshis, one (Sakura) is center and my Top 3 (Renacchi, Paruru, Miion) having good positions. Now I'm waiting where my oshi grads (Mariko, Acchan) will be positioned for the song. Sadly they didn't appear in the debut performance but I'm hoping they'll appear in the next one. And hoping for the song to be great. Can't wait to see a clip of the performance! :D

20. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Congrats to Sakura !!! the mega push continue [hehe]