Single AKB48 43rd [Kimi wa Melody] (2016/03/09)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 15, 2015.

1. JadeFlower

JadeFlower Member

Twitter:
    sarahfylxr
    Sad. Green would be cool. Also I wondere about the covers ^.^ I hope nothing with the PV cause I think BwT covers are not the cream of the cake :D

Sent with Taptalk

2. SophieShiori

SophieShiori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Paruru sometimes seems like she's happy to be senbatsu, but more burdened as a center. I'm never sure how far to take her salty behaviour seriously though, so I may have misinterpreted it. In terms of center announcements, Acchan mentioned that Aki-P always texted her, asking if it was ok for her to be center, and I remember Kojiharu saying she wondered if he was trolling when he messaged her asking how she felt about centering Heart Ereki. I don't know if he always asks, or sometimes surprises the members? But there definitely is a precedent for him asking.

3. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    Ehhh, I don't think that is true. Some people just really are into the fandom and get passionate because it's their hobby. Thinking that people don't have problems outside the fandom just because they are passionate is a little ignorant. Some people who are sensitive over centers or kennin may be taking out their pains IRL online. Not to make this about me, but I was really mean to people on a game I was playing because I was lashing out. PTSD is a bitch.

However, people who get overly sensitive over people voicing opinions probably should take a step back and realize that their opinions don't trump others. Even my opinion on the quality of AKB's music really doesn't matter in the long run.

• Like Like x 1
  4. moonlit

moonlit Member

And again my question from before: have there been any rumors/ideas if the B-side PVs are being filmed/were filmed and who was absent/present?

5. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Yukirin was absent from NGT one, that was obvious since they excludes kennins

6. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

I also think... passion and bitterness are two entirely different things. IMO :awesome:

7. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    To put this thread back on topic, I have to say that the song is quite nice. The original rip I heard was really bad quality, but seeing the Jijipress video made me realize how sweet it sounds. Can't wait to hear the B-sides more though, they are usually much better than the a-side.

8. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Yea, even tho it's just a preview, I'm oddly enjoying it. Although I'm not the biggest fan of "Green Flash", I did enjoy that song and single overall. I don't think we'll hear anything from the B-sides for awhile. There's still over a month before the actual release date.

just as a side-note: without AKB, HKT, NMB, SNH, JKT, SDN, Nogi, and, SKE, would not have existed. I can't believe I'm saying this, but some respect to the main group wouldn't hurt. It's probably why I care so much about AKB as a group...I wouldn't have gotten to see many of the girls I love now without AKB being successful.
    I know the next single will sell like crazy even if they put Jessica (Ex-SNSD member) as center, but I hope when they promote the newer girls it won't just be for one single (we would have to exclude the SSK single, so looking at the last single of the year and beyond). Management needs more hope imo. Most fans are in it for the handshakes...Plus they can create a narrative: unknown-newbie taking on the prestigious AKB...how will she fare? Found out in our next documentary lol.

9. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Well, looks like the Air Conditioner get working again. No more heat stroke..:awesome:
    Well,I'm not yet looking at G+and other source...so:

Can't say anything with KII and E yet.

No news from NMB and HKT(Since they are doing concert yesterday). More so with Nogi.

10. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I guess we'll have to wait till Valentines at least to see who will be in the B sides, though I believe they will remain roughly the same from the Teams in GF...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2016
  11. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    Based from the short previews, anyone got short translations for Kimi wa melody??
    Do the lyrics have anything to do with the 10th anniv at all?
    Did those grads really come back for this song?
    TBH I was hoping for a grand AKB inspiring song but instead we have mellow pop.
    I don't hate it (since it fits Sakura) but can't really say I'm mad about it yet either.

12. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    What page in this thread is the jijipress video on? I'd look for it myself but I'm on mobile and frankly I don't wanna read through four thousand pages of bickering

13. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    @Konno A.:

People aren't saying that the main group is without hope. It's just that for now, the leading contender for "most successful NG thus far" is without a single doubt Sakuratan, and that for an important single like this, airdropping a girl just won't work.

Her 2012 push was completely organic. She was entirely overlooked for Haruppi and just overtook her without any help from management. Sasshi "adopted" her to push her when Sasshi was exiled to HKT in order to overtake everyone else - and Sakuratan did that while being overlooked by management, to the point where management was forced to acknowledge her by putting her into the UZA senbatsu. Even then, she was still not really acknowledged until KR.

Honestly, that's just a reaction to her popularity as opposed to an actual push. Of the current NG of ALL48G, she is the #1 (unless you count Jurina, Milky or Sayanee - and even then, they're all stretches) of current young NG.

14. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    For you!

if the video does not show watch the video here

15. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    @piyochama thanks fam

@natsu-kun damn I literally never noticed the search function. Thank you for enlightening me :D

16. trxsh

trxsh Member

I wonder if I'm the only one that assumed from the get-go that some aspects like bringing the grads back and all that were really just mgm in panic mode? I don't think this was originally intended to be the 10th anniv single, I mean logically you would associate the 10th anniv with the single that comes out the day after it (ie 42nd, lol) and not the first single of the 11th year. Addtionally, I mean they showed how they approached them the day before the announcement with the cameras, how were they realistically supposed to decline? :/
    Anyway if it can get a lot of people's attention and hopefully direct more of it towards one of the rising stars of the group then I'm all for it. I hope so :/

As much as people have criticized how much grads were brought back in 2015 (and the criticism is justified), any time those events were reported on, Acchan or whoever was always the first person shown in the news clips. They clearly just got a lot of positive attention and I think management just values the business aspect and the bottom line above all else, with less regard for the implications that wota get mad about. Sakura center is the case in point. I mean otherwise they would hold singing and dancing competitions and test their blood purity and choose senbatsu based on that, but this is not how AKB works lol.

Anyway, I'm SO looking forward to the b-sides because ever since they started using sister groups on b-sides they've reserved all the best (imo) sister group songs ever for AKB b-sides. I mean all the SKE songs; HA! from NMB. Hatsukoi Butterfly and Otona Ressha are the best HKT songs ever too.

eh and gonna just spoiler my thoughts re: the thread lol;
    If someone is acting in a certain way, whether it's on purpose or because they just don't know better, they should really be able to be held accountable for it. It's not a personal attack; people's actions affect the atmosphere for everyone else who is trying to post and discuss normally. I know that most people here like it because he is pushing the narrative that they want to hear, but no matter what, stuff like purposefully misrepresenting translations (and on a number of occasions) is just a cancer for the fandom, period. People should call that out by all means, it's not "being shitty".

Sometimes people who hold a similar view to you can be out of line and vice versa. It is possible to have a civil discussion with people whose views you disagree with at the end of the day. The "appeal to the person" is too easy of a trap, you guys are better than that.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Kawaki Otsutsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I don't have the means to like your spoiler but well said and you couldn't be more right @trxsh

18. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Like good for Sakura, I'm glad she's moving somewhere at such a young age...I'm just having a hard time believing she was their "best" option. And as many have pointed out (not particularly here, but in general), the center doesn't seem to matter anymore.

Just make sure u have enough dates and maybe 2-shot events/autograph events. KnBmB was centered by Takamina and that broke managements precious 1million in 1-week streak. They shouldn't even be afraid to air-drop cause it doesn't seem to have that big of an impact. Let Sayaka center. Let Wasamin center. It really doesn't seem to matter. I guess by saying that, why does it matter if Sakura centers? I suppose it doesn't. It's a title without the honor in a way. lol I tots sound bitter, but I don't mean to. I just overthink sometimes~

19. NonKaNon

NonKaNon Kenkyuusei

I dont know, but although i hate this. But the song itself, so good...

Sent from my SM-G530H using Tapatalk

20. Kiriharu

Kiriharu Kenkyuusei

Acchan was actually on the very last row of senbatsu for Chance no Junban. It seems like many people have forgotten or not even know that she was in that song, LOL.

I know it was not management decision that she was placed there, but she looked just fine and pretty chilled though. There is a documentary mentioning the first Janken, and they said a huge burden was lifted up from her shoulder. I don't think Acchan would be on the last row, but I do think that because she is a graduate now, she will be just fine with whatever position.