Studio48 Android App

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by calvinize, Mar 24, 2016.

1. calvinize

calvinize Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    calvinized
    I’m not sure where to post this so if this post is in the wrong sub-forum, I apologize in advance and mods please move it to the correct one :)

Hi, my name is Calvin Adiputra. As you can figure out since I have an account here, I’m also a fan of AKB48. As another AKB48 fan, I love listening to AKB48 songs and often sing along to them karaoke-style (I know you do too). And I’m super grateful that there’s this Studio48 website to prevent the embarrassment of singing the wrong lyrics. Though I’ve noticed that accessing the website using a phone is not too handy since the website is optimized for desktop use. Therefore, as someone who had a bit of Android app development experience, I decided some time ago to make an Android app for Studio48. I’ve had a bit of free time lately and devoted them to making this app. I learned a lot throughout making the app and enjoyed using it. Hopefully other AKB48 fans will find it useful too.

I won’t be able to make one for iOS since iOS app development is freaking expensive (if I recall correctly it’s 99USD per year). So sorry iOS users, you’ll have to wait till someone else make one for you :/

You can find the app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.calvinize.studio48

Oh, I haven’t contacted haruna_hamasaki yet about this because I wanted to keep it as a surprise, plus I only did this during my free time so I didn’t want to keep anyone’s hopes up until I actually completed the app (that was actually the main reason haha). And one more thing, since some of the parsing methods are hard-coded into the app, I’m completely at her mercy if she decides to change the website’s structure and layout, so hopefully she won’t :p

Please feel free to message me if you would like the app taken down. Since I haven’t gotten any permission from you, I would gladly comply if you would like the app to be removed from the Google Play Store.

Last but not least, the app doesn’t contain any advertisement in it nor do I earn a single cent from making this app. Consider this a gift from me for the Stage48 community and all AKB48 fans :D

P.S.: Looking for someone to design a new icon for the app. Honestly, I suck at graphic design and I’m not that proud of the current icon. If someone can make a better one that would be great (you’ll be properly credited of course if I do implement it).

2. momo

momo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    Oh my gosh, nice! I'll download it asap. Thanks for your hard work x

3. calvinize

calvinize Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    calvinized
    You're welcome! I could only test it on my device so I'm not sure if it'll perform well on other devices. Hopefully it will run well on yours!

4. calvinize

calvinize Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    calvinized
    Good to know that it runs well on yours. Glad you enjoyed it :D

5. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

i just tried this app on my Samsung S2 tablet (Android 5.02 Lollipop) and so far so good.

there is no Team Surprise (2012-2013) and Team Surprise (2014-2015).

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  6. calvinize

calvinize Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    calvinized
    Ah that's because they are not listed here http://stage48.net/studio48/lyricsindex.html

Keyakizaka46 is also currently missing, but as there's still no lyrics for them I decided not to add them to the app yet.

7. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

8. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    I have installed it on my Samsung Note 3 (Android version 5.0), and it's running nicely and smoothly.

I love it!

Are you working on more feature/s?

9. Kaminari

Kaminari Kenkyuusei

Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8010)
    Perfect
    (Is that font size can be added)

10. calvinize

calvinize Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    calvinized
    You can find their lyrics from the ALL section in the app, but there's no specific section for them because at the moment it's only possible to parse the songs data from an organized list like this.

I could work on more features but I honestly don't know what to add anymore. I was planning to add a way to view AKB48's discography but I still haven't decided on the design yet so that might have to wait for a bit (honestly I'm also not too sure if it's implementable). Other than that, I'll probably update the app every now and then in case if there's anything new added (for example, Keyakizaka46 lyrics).

What do you mean by that? As in add an option to increase/decrease in-app font size?

11. Kaminari

Kaminari Kenkyuusei

Yes.

12. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    View discography, as in categorize them? Like, singles, albums, stages? That's a nice idea, methink. I was thinking of a favourite button actually, but none is alright too.

13. calvinize

calvinize Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    calvinized
    Currently the font size of the texts in the app complies with your device's global font size. That's a good idea though, I'll probably add an option to increase/decrease font size in the later updates.

Something like this. Like viewing their singles and stuff.

Ah favorite button is a really nice suggestion. I'll take that into mind. I designed the app with simplicity in mind, so I didn't implement a lot of features in the very first version :p

14. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    runs perfectly on Asus Zenfone C with Android 4.4.2 :D

15. Kaminari

Kaminari Kenkyuusei

Will there be support for offline status?

16. calvinize

calvinize Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    calvinized
    Good to know :D

Actually at first I planned to make it completely offline (with data-fetching only on first load), but then since Studio48 is constantly updated almost every day, I decided against it. I might make it so that it can cache the lyrics data, but then if the lyrics are updated on the website there will be discrepancy between the lyrics shown on app and the website.

17. Jayvee-desu

Jayvee-desu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Thank you for your hardwork Calvin-san.

18. calvinize

calvinize Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    calvinized
    You're most welcome :)