Single AKB48 44th [Tsubasa wa Iranai] (2016/06/01)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by sakurazaki, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I wonder now ,what is the mngmnt and aki-p think or planning while make this single. It isn't sounds bad for me,but I need boom single right now

2. Lukcy86

Lukcy86 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    They can release silent majority, why this for akb? Don't you think they tend to make it happen? Akb group to sink and 46 to rise... It's their agenda I think

3. Noraluce

Noraluce Kenkyuusei

It just sounds drowsy. I don't like how the chorus is done either. The singing is very flat. It's an overall bland song.
    I loved Labrador. That at least had a fun vibe.

4. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I like it, it's like LR and 365 had a baby. It's quite better than 365 actually

5. ryansetyono

ryansetyono Kenkyuusei

The verse similar with the chorus...
    But I still like it ..

6. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

7. hikariayaka

hikariayaka Kenkyuusei

Doesn't it sound like a Marching songs? Lols.
    Graduating and saying good bye.

Now it make sense why the title is Tsubasa wa Iranai, the vibe and sounds gives you a story about the state of AKB now.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  8. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    3 straight singles where the A-side was disappointing. Too bad it will sell a million.

9. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Aki-P has sold all the best songs to Sony.

10. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Pretty soon, someone will be in here to tell us we're all just whiners and everyone always hates the songs on first impression and 'you will all end up buying it anyway' so I'd like to go ahead and say that and steal someone's smug satisfaction.

Personally I'm just sad how many of those netizen comments I agreed with lol that's a bad sign. I'm usually a wait-and-see person but with several minutes already out, yeah, it's a bummer. I was talking earlier elsewhere about the sloppy standards for dance formations these days so it's a little funny to hear that echoed in some of those comments. And it's not a lack of skill in new gens, it's a totally lack of care from those higher up that time isn't MADE for rehearsals with full senbatsu; it's not prioritized. And that is starting to show in the songs themselves now as we get song after song which only suit the most apathetic of choreography. They know they're not going to make time to practice this, so they picked a song which will likely require the barest of movements. Obviously we haven't seen the choreo for this, but I can't imagine the dance for a song with the tempo of mud can be very exciting. I'm not even asking for Uza here, just something more than arm waving in dull lines. This is one I'd love to be wrong about. If I am wrong, I will come back here and eat so much crow.

The hardest part for me to swallow overall is knowing that they have dozens or hundreds of demos to choose from and knowing someone listened to this and thought, 'yes, that's the song we want to market as the sound of the single we'll sell the most of this year.' It's so relentlessly unenthusiastic. There's no catch, there's no hook. I mean there's phoning it in, and then there's... I don't know. They didn't even pick up the phone on this one, they just fired off a lazy MMS.

11. PALEMOCHI

PALEMOCHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    its not really a bad song its a cute mellow one but we have had enough of those kinds of songs so they should've switched it up for this one

12. jdiaz1994

jdiaz1994 Kenkyuusei

**A couple hours later** It still feels like 365 but I'm starting to like it a lot more (especially the trumpet piece). I have to agree with some of the comments, how are they going to dance this? Melody and 365 barely had any choreo but they only had a 16nin senbatsu, this is a 32nin.

13. Minami_san

Minami_san Kenkyuusei

Can they cancel this?! Call it back!!!
    Re-record it with a new song?!
    Well, they still have time =O

As someone needs to start, that's my pre-election single rank:

Manatsu no Sounds Good! > Ponytail To Shushu == Dog Song >>>Everyday, Katyusha
    >>> Sayonara Crawl >>>>> Namida Surprise! >>>>>>>>.........>>>>>>..>>>> BwT >>>>> Tsubasa wa Iranai

14. trxsh

trxsh Member

I can't even get through the preview o_o
    The opening lines are gross sounding. Is it Mion/Sakura/Jurina? Ugh!

Hopefully the video will have ~aesthetics~ and I won't hate it as much.

15. Zato48

Zato48 Kenkyuusei

A single should have character and this song definitely lacks it. It feels like a bland B side song.

Agree that there are some minor similarities with 365; however, 365 simply had better production value and the vocals were well thought out. Sayanee was the lead vocal and her unique voice set the tone for the song and gave it character. But the producers just didn't do this for Mion this time. And 365 was a theme song of a drama so it really helps to paint a picture in the mind of listeners.

I guess Aki-P figured out that people will buy this single for the voting tickets regardless. So let's save the heavy hitters for later.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  16. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    That makes three average lackluster pop songs in a ROW....

Are they even trying? Do they even care? HKT's recent a-side is just about as much of a throwaway as this song is.

It also sounds like they only spend ten minutes in the studio with Mion for her recording, because her vocals sound atrocious.

17. akbsnsd

akbsnsd Kenkyuusei

I don't think the song is bad but as the A-side, with new gens? the song needs something more... the chorus is too short and really basic sounding

18. Jamie

Jamie Kenkyuusei

I was hoping for a super energic song for Mion =(((( Why Aki-P =((((((((
    This song's melody is suitable for a spring single, not a summer single.

19. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    It is kind of disappointing that they chose such a calm-song for Mion to center; like she's young and energetic - perfect for an idol-y summer song. Considering I do really like the song it's hard for me to complain, but I do agree that the dance is highly going to be horrible. I mean I love KwM, but that "dance" is horrendous...it was hard watching live performances lol.

20. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Mion is an energetic idol, I'm surprise this is the direction they took with her.

This brings me back to the time where I said management is killing next-gen... I bet they're just trying to tank this so they have more excuses to go grave digging again.

I hated UZA, and I skip it everytime. The song just sound like shit to me.

The only A side I actually hated TBH

Maybe I'm in the real minority

That said, Sashi just centered Make Noise, so maybe it's a good idea for her to win. She actually know what the fans wants.

Maybe we simply need more HKT in top16,

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2016