Single AKB48 46th [High Tension] (16/11/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I'd say it's trying to show the current top 16 according to HS sales.
    Basically taking the piss on Yuria, although Tano said nothing about HS and Yuria per se.

2. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    If she's saying all this in a general way, then I do agree with her and she's done something great, even if some might hater her for that (shouldn't AKB be some sort of a fight?). Some decisions have been quite questionable and they're not helping the group to take the next step.

On the other hand, if she's only bitching because of her decline, then, I'm sorry, Tano, but what the hell do you want? You've been falling miserably over the last couple of years in the ranks, your handshake numbers are not amazing and, for some reason, your popularity seems to be dropping. And this has nothing to do with you're being in the senbatsu or not. You're not exactly someone that arrived yesterday and never got any push at all.

But, to be quite frankly, I think the reason for all this was Tomu. You know they have a bond and for Tomu to be out for this single's senbatsu is not what I'd call understandable.

3. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

I've posted the Myao's room (with Tano Yuka) in Tano Yuka thread if someone is interested in hearing it directly.

4. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

Haha ohmygod Savege Tano, I really cant understand how she didnt made to top 80, she's awesome.

5. Minami_san

Minami_san Kenkyuusei

Tano who?! Oh yeah, she will definitely be heard...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. OshimaYuko

OshimaYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Wouldn't this reflect well on Yuria since she is in tenth place on the list (ahead of Tomu)? I'm not that familiar with handshake stuff so I don't really understand the numbers (like how Kojimako is 9/25 but in 5th place ect.).

7. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Only one member comes to mind.

Kitagawa Ryoha.

I don't see the reason why she's even #2 in SKE due to her poor HS sales and poor SSK rankings yet management keeps pushing her. Ryoha is the only member who I think describes most of Tano's points.

Let's check some of the senbatsu and their merits/demerits:
    • Kashiwagi Yuki: Popular, top ranker in SSK and good HS but poorly treated by management (no more solo releases from her).
    • Yamamoto Sayaka: Popular, top ranker in SSK, good HS and high GP exposure but management over-relies on her.
    • Kojima Mako: Good ranker in SSK but does poorly in HS.
    • Okada Nana: Outspoken, good ranker in SSK and good HS but she needed to do something drastic to get attention.
    • Mukaichi Mion: Popular, good ranker in SSK, good HS and average GP exposure but she needed a senior to get to where she is now.
    • Takahashi Juri: Good ranker in SSK but a poor performer.
    • Kato Rena: Average to decent GP exposure as well as a trendsetter in social media but a not-so-great ranker in SSK, decent in HS and a poor performer.
    • Kizaki Yuria: Outspoken and good in HS but terrible ranker in SSK and negative GP exposure.
    • Matsui Jurina: Top ranker in SSK and good in HS but insufficient outside jobs leading to poor popularity.
    • Komiyama Haruka: Good in HS and a good ranker in SSK but won't get noticed without a rant.
    • Shimazaki Haruka: Popular, a good ranker in SSK and has a lot of outside jobs but doesn't participate in AKB events.
    That's not all of them.

8. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Because fans got sick of underwhelming handshakes?

9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

My eyes literally went over her name and didn't register it lmao

Then I have no idea what that is doing there lol

Yeah, I think her brusque approach might be a bit too much for some people.
    It's not like when Paruru does it that comes off as sassy, but Tano seems just mean sometimes. :^^;:

10. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Tano was fine when I met her earlier this year, very nice and friendly, but I'd heard previously that she could be salty so maybe she decided to change?

11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I don't think she's the type of girl that would 'fake' being nice if she wasn't feeling it.

I think she could be as big as Tomochin if management cared enough about her. But all their resources seem to focus on Sakura and twonor three others.

Ohwell.

12. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    A very admirable statement indeed.

But I can't help but play devil's advocat. Not directly related to your post but at the general consensus that AKB management consists of drunken lemurs.

Please keep in mind that the 48G is foremost a business with its main purpose to earn money for its investors.
    At the moment it seems to generate a reasonable amount of profits.
    Changing stuff might indeed lead to more fan appeal and bigger profits. Or it could backfire and decrease profits.
    Of course not changing anything is also no guarantee for eternal success.

Deciding whether to do something innovative or stick to the current strategy is something that businesses have to decide about on a daily basis. Both options involve a certain risk.
    As of now the 48G management seems to have decided that changing making noticable changes is too high of a risk to their profits.

But it's not only about how many new Mercedeses management can afford. The 48G is the source of income for several houndred people. Not only for members but also for staff at the theatres, record company and so on. An individual member might agree that a more risky strategy is OK with her even if that affects her paycheck. But management also has to keep the interest of their other employees in mind.

I'm not saying that i think that this is the best decision. You would need to see into the future to know that for sure.
    Would i welcome it if they decide to do things differently?
    Maybe, depends on what they would do. I'm just an ordinary fan that cries out if his favorites don't get the attention that i think they should get and who doesn't care much about members that i don't have an interest in.

13. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    @rka

I wouldn't go as far and say that they always know best.
    My opinion on this:
    They have made a decision and, whether I like it or not, i respect it. It's their job and money that's on the line, not mine.
    If the whole thing goes belly up that would actually mean that I no longer need to spend that amount of money on the fandom *hurhur*

Another bit to give people something to think about. I'm deliberatly not using any members name.
    A) because it don't want this to end in a flamewar
    B) it's so universal that you can apply that to any combination of names

So we have this discussion why member A isn't in the senbatsu for a specific single but member B is. Surely member A is working hard and has a considerable fanbase. Why would member B then be choosen?
    So why not ask fans of member B? They will tell you how great their Oshi is and why she deserves the space. And fans of member A will do the same about their oshi.
    So who's opinion is the more important one? People seem to forget that each member has fans that make her special to them. This is the one common point that all members have in common.
    Also what some seem to ignore. This forum had this discussion numerous times why a specific member (who i'm not gonna name) isn't part of senbatsu. In the meantime she is, for the third time in a row even. Let's try to guess which member i have in mind.
    So much for always ignoring the fans :p

• Like Like x 1
  14. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Looking at it from the outside in, and having experience with this firsthand myself, Tano's decline and the way she acts could be construed as a direct result of her dissatisfaction with the group, lack of passion for her job and despair regarding the status quo. Someone who is "checked out" and disengaged from their job and doing the bare minimum to get by looks a lot like what Tano's career in AKB looks like right now. Someone who is dissatisfied will stop trying to smooth things over and engage in a healthy way with their workgroup and clients and instead just act however they personally feel like acting, repercussions be damned. They start to see change as impossible, or see it as the only way change will happen is if the entire workforce rises up against the management to point out the folly of the current actions being taken.

It's not just Tano, either. We see members crack every now and then (that NMB girl on showroom comes to mind) due to poor circumstances. The entertainment industry is certainly difficult and I'm sure it can be very unforgiving. The person who steps outside of its rules and starts talking shit perhaps isn't brave so much as lacks the requisite caution necessary to continue in that line of work simply because he/she doesn't care to continue in that line of work anymore. It's just speculation, but to me, pretty much everything Tano does announces that she's mentally checked out of both the group and the mainstream industry. On the other hand, it could be a very cleverly unique character that she's playing - the dissenter is a role we haven't seen an AKB member play openly and consistently yet.

15. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Yeah, it seems like Tano is quitting very soom

16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I agree with the "management knows best" narrative, but I really doubt that swapping ONE GIRL for another would make much of a difference in sales (which is what they want/need).
    Have in mind that ALL 48 girls will still participate in the HS no matter where they stand.

They dropped Miichan, Dasu and Kitarie.
    And you're telling me that dropping Yuria would hurt them more than that?
    C'mon.

17. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

And then one more, and one more, and one more, and it never ends.

You can ask "if these three then why not this one too" until the cows come home. There is no answer to that question and that's why we're going in circles.

18. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Management knows best as in they receive the best information because they get all the data (from various sales), but that doesn't mean they make the best decisions.

19. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

I guess some people may be focusing too much on popularity (performance on SSK and HS) and forgetting their daily work.

Management observe the girls almost on a daily basis and in the backstage. They know if the girl arrives in time for rehearsals and other activities, how she behaves, if she shows interest in work, how she interact with other and so on.

And those things surely have importance in management decision on who to put in senbatsu, who to give some more chance/visibility, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  20. babymayu

babymayu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Sure.

That's why they put Paruru in many senbatsus even tho she barely could show up in AKB activities for months due to poor health.
    That's why AKB has so many bad performers with dead expressions, yeah they sure show interest in their work.