[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. ABF48

ABF48 Member

so is miichan with public recognition and kojiharu moreover. i'd say mayu, kojiharu, miichan, sashi are same level in term of public recognition. maybe exclude miichan since she's lately dont have many buzz but still.

in the end its about fan votes again. public votes would contribute less than 25% imo. not all people would contribute to this event, and again it'll mostly akb fans and sister group, and nogi fans if they may take interest to this. look, take example from me as a casual fan of akb, if only jurina names wasnt there, i wouldnt bother myself to vote for this thing.

2. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

I think it will be either 1 vote/person or 1 vote/day/person.
    If it is 1 vote/person, I think it will be a balance between HS result and general public popularity. The one with high HS sales should easily be selected. If a member has high HS result but isn't selected (or rank really low), it probably means that the member probably many peoples 2nd favorite. If it is 1 vote/day/person it might reflect HS result more closely.
    Also public recognition isn't the same as public popularity. Everyone in Japan probably knows Miichan (heck, everyone in the world basically), but I'm not sure that Miichan is popular. Sasshi is really popular in public eyes. Sayanee and Mayuyu probably also popular. Then Paruru and to some extent Kojiharu. Fans will definitely be the biggest factor in getting votes, but the general public will definitely play a bigger role than SSK.

3. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Basically don't expect Kitagawa Ryoha and Goto Rara there. Neither member has good HS results nor public recognition.

4. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I would've thought the opposite. They seem more likely than the typical SKE SSK queens

5. Rurouni

Also need to remember that money is not a factor (or a much lesser factor), thus a member can easily get help from her friends/family/neighbor/etc, thus if for example a Team 8 members campaign hard in her prefecture and her prefecture have lots of people (not a very big one, but not super small), she might be a dark horse.

6. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    SKE has flopped in terms of public recognition, they were nowhere to be found in this year's idol related surveys, they didn't appear on recently concluded Japan Cable Awards and they didn't have enough TV appearances for them to warrant a spot.

7. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    So will they perform the song based on the vote rank or mngmnt choose the line up again ?

8. tkmntoastie

tkmntoastie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    SKE hako-oshis are a pretty organised group of people, though, so even though they might not rank high, I'm expecting a pretty good number of rank-ins.

That said, I wonder how different the song choice is going to be based on the members ranking.

9. Rurouni

Also in case some people are wondering whether some members opt out for this event, I think the answer is no. Basically everyone is participating, including SKE, NMB, HKT new gen.
    So it will be a problem in Nomura household to choose whether to support Miyo or Nao (or Jonishi) :p

10. Rurouni

The voting method is out. Basically 1 device = 1 vote and they try to limit it for Japanese audience only.
    You can vote from the app (I don't know whether the app has been updated or I downloaded the wrong app, but I haven't seen an option for it) and from STB (set top box).
    I don't know what method they will use to know whether a vote is coming from Japan or not, so not quite sure yet whether a simple proxy can bypass that limitation or they will also check for phone number or something. Anyway, 1 device = 1 vote, thus plenty of time to work it out.
    Also once you vote you can't change it.

edit: I believe if they found duplicate votes from 1 device, all the votes from that device will be invalid. Also they requested you to not uninstall the app once you vote until the event is over or your vote might (will?) be invalid.

Also a disclamer... I can't read Japanese. I just ask Google to do it.

Okay, let just say that the vote will be Japanese only (and no way to circumvent it). Who will win it be hit the hardest? Which members have the biggest support from overseas during SSK? It will probably be much tighter without overseas votes.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  11. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I have Google Chrome on Android with automatic translation (but no cut and paste). From the FAQ:

I would like to vote from abroad.
    I am sorry, the vote of this project is limited to domestic.

I think they know from your IP address that you are not in Japan which is why the app doesn't give you a way to vote.

12. Rurouni

IP is easy to circumvent, but whether they have other measure for it, like checking your phone number or something else. Anyway, 1 vote/device, plenty of time left to vote. I'll feel really bad for a member that is everyone 2nd favorite.

13. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

http://www.billboard-japan.com/charts/detail?a=hot100_year&year=2016

Billboard Japan End of the Year Hot 100 2016

1) AKB48 - Tsubasa wa Iranai (First Time Since 2013 AKB48 hit #1 on the EOTY list)
    4) AKB48 - Kimi wa Melody
    7) AKB48 - Love Trip
    8) AKB48 - High Tension

10 Keyakizaka46 - Silent Majority
    13) Nogizaka46 - Sayonara no Imi
    15) Nogizaka46 - Hadashi de Summer
    19) Nogizaka46 - Harujion ga Sakukoro
    23) AKB48 - 365 Kami no Kamihikouki
    32) Keyakizaka46 - Sekai ni wa Ai Shika Nai
    48) AKB48 - Kuchiburu ni Be My Baby
    54) NMB48 - Boku wa Inai
    58) SKE48 - Chicken LINE
    61) SKE48 - Kin no Ai, Gin no Ai
    65) HKT48 - Saikou Ka Yo
    74) NMB48 - Amagami Hime
    84) HKT48 - 74 Okubun no 1 no Kimi e

14. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    For those who had it installed before and dun see any changes, uninstall and reinstall it . The new ver will show 67th instead of the previous year.

You can use VPN to become Japan IP address for the internet

[​IMG]

15. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I didn't have to uninstall. I went to my apps, and there was an update there. Thanks for making me look.

Update. I just tried to vote from the US and got "できません" which means it didn't work (based on a dictionary for でき and my limited Japanese for ません).

16. Rurouni

It seems it is because they roll out the update for Japan first. I just do a reinstall and I get the old one, but then the update came.

17. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Well, today is AKB48's 11th anniversary today... :ome:

18. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I installed a VPN, chose a server in Japan, and voted. This time I got an arigatou. :3rd:

19. Rurouni

Looking at the permission of the app, I'm guessing that after you vote it saves something to the phone as an indication that you've voted and looking at the rules thing, it seems that they might try to verify your votes at a later date (since it requested that you don't uninstall the app until after the event). I'm speculating that because the app doesn't have the required permission to uniquely identify a device.
    That means that it should be possible to use an android emulator to do it, but you probably have to keep it running near the counting period since you don't know when they will try to verify your device.
    Also they just de-list NHK Kouhaku app from my play store country. Can still install it if you know the direct link to the app.

20. hilmanelric

hilmanelric Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    what VPN do people use here? i use tunnelbear but always got network error when voting