Event / Concert AKB48 49th Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo (17/06/17)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

It's like how many imagined no3b would all graduate together. It doesn't tend to happen that way. And iirc Mayu is pretty significantly younger than Yukirin, as far as idol age goes. But if Mayu did say this is her last SSK (and actually mean it), perhaps she will grad soon after all. But still doesn't mean before or with Yukirin.

2. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

What we should stop is the whole ridiculous farce of akb not allowing members to graduate/not allowing members to skip the SSK.

• Like Like x 1
  3. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

And how do you propose to stop that? Write spam mails to fat autumn?

4. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

I'm saying it doesn't happen so people should stop acting like it does.

5. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

oop your sarcasm missed me [hehe]

6. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Indeed. Can you even imagine that conversation?

Management: Um...so yeah Mayu...we're not letting you graduate. You can't leave the group. We need your revenue.
    Mayu: Well, unless you've got me contracted for several more years and I agreed to it and signed it, you're SOL. Bai!

or similiarly...

Management: Um....so yeah Mayu...we're not letting you sit out of the election. We need your revenue.
    Mayu: You let Sayaka sit out...?

7. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Or...

Manager: Hey, Mayu, AkiP is wondering what's taking you so long to join the SSK!
    Mayu: (ffffffffffffffff...) I'll do it today! :blush:

There's no need for direct pressure. Just showing that X or Y things are expected from them and they'll get the memo.

Plus, I don't think management can keep a girl in the group if she really doesn't want to.
    We know that many graduation announcements have been surprises for management as well (Acchan, Mariko), so it's not like they can't drop the G-bomb whenever they want. And once that rock is rolling down the mountain...

Now that all the entries are in, and as much as I'd love anyone but Sasshi and Mayu to win, I think having the last original Kami 7 get the throne would be a nice wrap to her SSK (and AKB's) career.

8. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Still a little disappointed Sayaka didn't enter~ It'll be a little sad to not see any NMB rank in Senbatsu cause this puts a lot of pressure on Miru (great for another documentary btw lol). Sayaka is probably gearing up for the G-bomb tho

Sasshi winning a 3rd time would be interesting tho lol. I mean no way any other girl/woman will be able to beat that record (Who knows if AKB will even last long enough for that to happen too lol)

9. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Does Sayanee need to graduate tho? Whether she graduate or not, she will still be with Yoshimoto. Of course if she graduate, she can devote more time to her solo career. Then again, she released an album while still active as a NMB member and doing a tour as a NMB member. I can imagine they will keep Sayanee in NMB as long as she can still fit within NMB and facilitate her solo career at the same time.

10. Charlokylie

Charlokylie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Do we know anything about live international showings of the election? If I remember correctly such things have been done in the past?

11. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    It's usually on Fuji with ads and paid TV services without ads (longer speeches while they wait for ads to end).
    It's been a long time since it has been broadcast with the intention of being seen overseas
    But, as always, there are ways.

But it's very early. Far too early to worry about that.

12. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

An official international broadcast was only done ONCE.
    It was in 2013, when AKS was generous with us.

That year they broadcasted the whole RH and one of the final concerts at Budokan through YouTube.

Good times.

Still, news about broadcasts won't appear until June, so... Yeah, relax lol

13. Charlokylie

Charlokylie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Okay thanks guys :)

14. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I thought it was on Youtube twice but only one was with a dub.
    Dub was very :/

15. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I don't think they can force a girl to stay in the group but they can persuade her by offering more money, more solo freedom etc.. I'm sure that's why Kojiharu stayed for as long as she dud..

and I don't believe Acchan and Mariko didn't tell management. Maybe not EVERYONE in the management... but at least one or two people knew they were gonna do what they did.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  16. Mayu Paru

Mayu Paru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I feel Kojiharu was fine with another 2 more years since its sort of a winwin thing for her in her busy schedule. Its like a bonus you get apart from your salary. She probably was only involved around 10% of the akb related events (like HS/2shot/theatre shows) while being able to stay in senbatsu (although back place) i mean akb still able to milk from her wotas and yet she was like half hiatus with akb and she prob still get the same pay when she was more active.

(Sorry i not akb management so do pardon me if im wrong anywhere + not a KojiHaru oshi)

17. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Yeah I remember watching Mariko's graduation announcement on her speech in 2013 ssk on YouTube. I don't remember RH on YouTube though? As for Budokan, I remember watching Kojiharu on the floor stripping performing Yuuwaku no Garter. Good times, indeed.

18. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    They did. And even the Unit Matsuri.

Those guys on the Sousenkyo's stream were unnecessary tho.

19. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

Those commentators never were necessary. Especially when they talk over the members' speech :gavel:

20. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    http://www.japanupdate.com/2017/04/hotels-nearly-full-for-june-17-akb48-general-election-event/