Yokoyama Yui (Yokochan) / Team 8

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Apr 26, 2014.

1. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

^The one on the left reminds me of Crows Blood.:^^;:

2. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
  3. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    i heard she performed "Tsuku to Mizukagami" in Aomori tour today..
    i can't wait to see her version, another Yokoyama Yui version [hehe]

4. chiuchimu

Stuck in Aomori like a big fish in a small pond. It's sad how fast they dropped Yokochan.

5. The Legend

The Legend Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinomiki
    I agree with you, it's sad but for Management, the most important is how much slots a girl sell in handshake.
    They don't care about the performance in concerts or in the theater.
    Usually, the most popular girls are not those who have the best dance skills in AKB (SKE is an exception)
    Reality is cruel...

6. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    I think this is probably the most unfair time for you to be saying that.

She's one of the main girls in Yoshimasa's stage, being the center of some songs.

[​IMG]

That's more than most eitos have right now.

What were you expecting? AKBINGO!? We've already discussed that. C'mon, not even girls like Naru and Nagi are there. What else? She had her tour in Hirosaki, they were rehearsing for that, they are rehearsing for the Eito Day now, you can see everyone doing it.

7. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    If you haven't yet, find a way to watch Yoshimasa's stage. Admittedly, he isn't management, but he wanted her in his special stage. She even did the choreography for UZA and double centered Kibouteki Refrain with Naachan:

Kibouteki Refrain W center: Okada Nana & Yokoyama Yui (Team 8)
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/inoue-yoshimasas-kamikyoku-shibari-17-07-20.19507/

"AKB48 one of the hardest dance songs "UZA" showed the performance of Curekire with the choreography of team 8 Aomori Yokoyama Yui . Tano breathed on his shoulder, "I'm too hard and throw up," (UZA ") is more difficult than the original, is not it? He was attacking, did not he? While smiling bitterly, "I think that I am excited, I have danced so much for the first time in a while," a fulfilling expression. Yokoyama Yui was introduced from Minegishi as "The criminal is this guy", he said, "I am happy to show you the swings made by you."
    http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2094403/full/

8. chiuchimu

It is good for Yokochan( all exposures are good) but this is Yoshimasasan doing it - it doesn't change that management dropped Yokochan. Also, It's just a stage and not a TV show.

Yokochans team8 debut peers like Nana and Serika have their own TV program called AKBTeam8 Kansai.

9. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Kawaiian TV is a service that dedicates itself to idols and is based in Kansai. They also host shows for NMB. The main cities in Kansai are all very close to each other: Kobe, Osaka, Kyoto, even Nara. It's much easier for them to get together and do a show there.

No one in AKB's management said "We want the Kansai girls to have a TV shpw and not the others, we don't like the others". Despite all the mistakes and incomprehensible decisions, they work with what they have. AKB itself lost almost all of its TV shows, only BINGO!, SHOW! and Nemousu remaining. They have six girls that can be together easily, they have someone that can and want to broadcast a show, they have a show.

What about Hokkaido-Tohoku? Do you know that if Tsumugi wants to go to Nagisa's house she has to spend half a day? And where's their Kawaiian TV? They don't have one. Who's going to broadcast that show? UHB in Hokkaido? ABA in Aomori? Local stations? It's easier for Tsumugi to go to Tokyo and be in AKBINGO! And let's not forget that she doesn't have any local jobs or TV shows. In fact, I don't think AKBINGO! is even broadcasted in Yamagata. So, without BINGO! she wouldn't have anything.

And if their presence in TV shows depends on their handshakes sales, then why has Tsumugi been in AKBINGO! all this time? She never sold out a slot until now (maybe just once or twice). And why isn't Naru a regular? Or Nagi? Or Tanao? Naru was in a couple of episodes recently and that's it. The same for Tanao. Nagi? The last time she was in BINGO! was for one fashion episode where she only sat still without saying a word. Before that? On those Mayuyu vs. Yukirin episodes. When was that? So, who are the regular ones in AKBINGO!? Yuiyui, Berin and Odaeri. Only them. And now Nanase, I guess. What have these members in common? Yeah.
    Not everything depends on the management's will and wishes. Everything depends on many factors.
    Oh! And you want another great example? Mouri-P's oshimen is Kurenyan. How many times did you saw her in AKBINGO recently!? Twice.

No, Team 8 is not like the other teams, Team 8 is not fair. We have to be thankful that they had SR to make new fans. And instead of always complain about AKB's management we should probably question what the hell Toyota wants. Because they're the ones that have more power to give them something.

Get used to this: until Yokochan moves to Tokyo she will never be a regular in a TV show. And she's not even the eito in a worse situation.

P.S.: And it's not like Yoshimasa is an unrelated person that paid from his pocket to have his own stage. That would be like saying that their gravure depends on Aoki-kun and not on the management.

10. The Legend

The Legend Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinomiki
    It's true that her geographic location is the biggest problem there.
    If she was in Tokyo, she will probably get more stage in theater maybe more variety show. But for the rest, I am not so sure, for example gravure depend a lot on your popularity.
    Good handshakes sales = increase in popularity = better job offers
    And handshakes sales have nothing to do with skills.

Nevertheless, I agree that she is not in a worse situation in eito but man, when I see her ability in dance and in singing, I have the feeling of a waste, she has the potential to do more...

11. taniyuri

taniyuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    become regular on aomori tv show and have own segment,she had more region(tohoku) performance and event compared another region,become actress on that aomori short film,She become special dance senbatsu in almost akb concert now,She choosen as special member on Yoshimasa stage....it's pretty awesome I think...

12. MrQazman

MrQazman Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Minami
    What? o_O
    Good handshake sales definitely require skills. You think the ones with good handshake sales just stand there looking pretty?

13. NitiB

NitiB Kenkyuusei

^
    For someone(s), YES...

I've noticed that almost every time that Yoko show her skills, (some) people usually say something like "so waste for her to be stuck in AKB". Her performance skill is generally above the standard, especially when you think that she's just a 16 year-old girl. But, the management seems to care almost only HS sales, and HS sales has nothing to do with PERFORMANCE skill. So, the truth is, AKB nowaday might not be the good place for the performance skill based member like Yoko.

PS. Tweets and 755 comments I've read make me really really really want to see Aomori kouen.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  14. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    @NitiB, there's something that some people usually forget about AKB: AKB is an idol group. An idol is not just dancing and singing. Dancing and singing is just one of the groups features. If it was just dancing and singing, then you wouldn't have so many people following AKB, since its level isn't that great to begin with. So, being able to give godly handshakes, to be good at variety, to have a nice rack, etc. etc. etc. is as important as singing and dancing in an idol group, in AKB.

Yokochan would then be better somewhere else? Well, great. But don't forget that "somewhere else" you have people with far greater dancing and singing skills than Yokochan. She'd have to be much better to survive there, to be relevant. Do you think Sayanee will be a great and popular singer after she graduates? So, Yokochan is one of the best inside AKB when it comes to technical skills, but, like I said, that's just part of it.

And you guys need to stop with that "only handshake sales" thing. Yes, it matters a lot, but it's far from being all of it. Naru has skills and she has never been in an AKB senbatsu. When Odaeri was selected for the 48th single Berin was a far much better seller than her and she still hasn't been in a senbatsu either. Funny enough, Odaeri was picked to be in that single precisely due to her singing skills. How about that!
    And for how long was Ikumin the center of Team 8 when she could barely sell out a slot. No, she didn't sell out slots at all. Then why was she center and the face of the team? Because they saw something in her, and because she had skills. She was the winner of the first training camp with Yokomichi.

Yokochan was, from the start, one of the management's favourite eitos. She was in Kegarete iru Shinjitsu's senbatsu. And they were only 10. And you've seen her in AKBINGO! a few times, haven't you? When they were still in the beginning and a few of them were there. And even "recently" she was in AKBINGO! for some episodes, probably more than what Kurena, Tanao or even Naru had.

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg
    005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg 008.jpg
    009.jpg 010.jpg 011.jpg 012.jpg

As you can see, she was there more times than you probably think. And every time she was there she was kinda relevant. She was in a shoujiki shougi, something that most 48G members can only dream of, she was in the dance contest that she won by herself (well...), she was on that segment where they were wearing school uniforms, she had that punishment game, and so on. Even when she was just sitting you saw her talking. That's not something you give to someone you don't give a shit about.

But when she won the dance contest I thought "Damn! She killed the competition, she really made herself look great in front of every AKB fan, she's probably going to do great in the next handshake sales".

0! Nothing! It didn't change a thing. Only a few time afterwards she had a single where she sold a bit more, but then fell to the current situation. What I mean is that she has shown her skills and... fans didn't care that much, I guess? Like I said, AKB is an idol group and it's not all about dancing and singing.

If you look closely to the handshake sales, you'll see that out of the girls that sell more than her, the only ones that are regulars in AKBINGO! are the ones from... Kanto, except for Tsumugi that doesn't even have work in her own prefecture. Everyone else is mia or just go there for one or two episodes. And most of them are from Hokkaido-Tohoku. Where's Naru? Where's Nagi? Where's Nanamin? Where's Hijirin? That's how variety shows work. Have you noticed that they use the same members for a long time now? To be in AKBINGO! you have to be there on a certain weekday. Well, that would mean paying travelling and hotels for members that live far from Tokyo. They won't do that. It works for them this way, so "whatever". That's Eito's biggest problem for everything and it got nothing to do with Yokochan. She's not the only member suffering, and she's not even the one in a worst situation.

Then what do you have besides variety? Stages? She's been a lot of Eito kouen, she's one of the main girls in Yoshimasa's stage. She can't complain about anything on that.

AKB senbatsu? How many eitos were there? Ikumin (2x) and Nagi a long time ago, Yamada more than a year ago, Onishi almost half-a-year ago and Odaeri in the Summer single. That's all besides Yuiyui. But Yuiyui isn't there as an eito anymore, she's like... Mayuyu or Sashihara that are going to be in the senbatsu no matter the team or group they're in. Team 8 has one spot and one spot only at the moment, and a lot of popular eitos haven't been in one yet, members that sell more than Yokochan.

I understand that you're pissed off because you don't see her as much as you would like, I believe that most eito fans think the same way about their oshimen except the Kanto ones (and not all of them). But I don't think it's fair to say that they have something against Yokochan in particular or that she's so superior from anyone else that she would better off without them. She has to keep working, she has to wait for her chance (like she's been given by Yoshimasa), she will probably have to move to Tokyo, and that's it. If she feels unsatisfied with her situation then she can always graduate. Let's see if she can do better somewhere else, though, judging by her sister, I'm not so sure about that.

EDIT: And AKB fans have a great opportunity every year to do something for their oshimen. It's called the Sousenkyo. Where were "you"?

EDIT 2: And another thing. If Yokochan is about skills and they should show her skills, then where do you think they're going to do it?

Stages: she's in stages,
    Training camp: she was there until the end,
    Team 8 lives and tours: there,
    Concerts: she's in concerts and has had a few relevant positions.

Even when AKBINGO! was about dancing she was there.

Tell me, where else?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  15. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    guys look at it like this - she's one of the extremely few members who are very likely to have a beautiful future ahead of her no matter what. Considering her background where all of her family are dancers, I don't think she faces any pressure to stop being an idol and focus on studies or anything. She'll just one day cooly graduate, have a great future in musical theatre, then open some dance school in Aomori and continue doing what she loves for the rest of her life.

How cool is that?

16. taniyuri

taniyuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    totally agree,Dont victimized your oshi,Your oshi already do so much for herself,but if it cant move her fans heart to vote and come to her HS ,blame management???

she already push on early days,but what indicator that show the result of the push?sousenkyo and HS sales...

Learn from naru and nagi,even they only pushed within team 8 and they able to survive,even serika fans suprisingly do very good job there....

17. NitiB

NitiB Kenkyuusei

--- Godly HS is the most important, not "as".

--- Yes, she might be better if she live in the world which purely decide by performance skills, not HS sales. And, Sayanee will be, I think.

--- The "Only HS sales" situation was occured in Team 8 since around their beginning of 3rd year. So, everythings that occured before are in the different scenario, it's something like, in team 8's early day, almost all members still can't do things well. So, the management need to use the girls who can be used (which the best one is Ikumin), and so, DON'T call it PUSH or FAVORITE because during that time the management have limited choice.
    --- Regard to Yoshimasa's stage, I think that Yoshimasa has enough power to choose the members on his own.

--- Absolutly ridiculous, I'm very sure that I'm not that kind of fan. Actually, I just stop by and type the truth which "direct to the point" enough to make someone type the very very long story which major part of them also "miss the point".

--- At Yoko's side, but I'm not Dubai millionaire. However, I might have no need to vote for her anymore.

--- Might be SKAPA and/or TIF and/or SUMMER STATION and/or etc., And, please let's she say at least a paragraph to show her vision in team 8 documentary video. LOL

18. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    "Godly HS is the most important, not "as"."

Have you talked to Paruru lately?

Being ponkotsu is the most important thing.

19. NitiB

NitiB Kenkyuusei

--- I'm not surprise that why you really attached with HS sales or Sousenkyo. Well, if it's last year, you might not refer to Sousenkyo, I think.

--- Imo, Paruru is an exceptional case which only Aki-P's vision can deal with. And, so, what will happen if any girl like Pauru entered AKB nowaday ?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2017
  20. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    @NitiB, great. You basically ignored all cases where Team 8 girls that are popular in handshakes haven't been in an AKB senbatsu or haven't been in variety shows that much, even girls with skills. Why? Because it doesn't fit with your "truth which "direct to the point"".

You even say that "only HS sales" has only ocurred since the third year, when since the third year Naru, Berin, Tanao and Nagi haven't been in a senbatsu. It doesn't fit with your "truth which "direct to the point"".

You ignored that Odaeri was selected for the 48th single, a song that (should) requires some singing skills, something that she has.

Do you think she would be in AKBINGO! more often if she had better sales? You also ignored that girls like Naru, Tanao, Nagi, Hijirin and Nanamin that sell more than Yokochan aren't regulars either.

And you're seriously talking about TIF and SUMMER STATION? Do you even know why they're not there? Hirose is in TIF. Is she a managament favourite? Karin and Ranrii are there too. You're going to tell me that they like those girls better? Guess who's not in TIF too: Odaeri, Hiichan, Tsumugi, Nanamin and so on.

She was at this event...

008.jpg

She was at the Rakuten event, she was in the TBC event, the Vegalta event. See if you cared. Did you come here to say how wonderful it was to see her in those events? Have you tried to say something here when she had that dancing performance in AKB's Kouhaku? Because I know @chiuchimu did, I didn't see you here.

You're so focused on your "truth which "direct to the point"" that you don't even see that Yokochan isn't the only girl that should have more than she's getting. It's a general problem with Team 8 and it has nothing to do with handshake popularity. You have many factors that contribute to that, like where she lives, where the idol work is, her own schedule, what TV stations want and the fact that they have to manage 47 (well, 44) girls, all of them with their own dreams and wishes. So, yes, everytime you just stop by is to type the truth which "direct to the point" and nothing else, we got the point, thank you.

Seriously, man, it's amazing. Karin would kill to have Yokochan's problems.

And I'm saying all this when she's my top 4 or 5 and I have witnesses that I've said more than often that she should have more than what she gets. But the way you do it is just so...