Single AKB48 50th [11-gatsu no Anklet] (17/11/22)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 10, 2017.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I don't know too much about Team 8, and I've only been a fan of the 48group for barely two years, so please take my comment on this not too seriously. I wouldn't mind being told I'm wrong.

However, when I first saw there are some people with a kennin in another team while being in Team 8, I found it very strange. Has anyone ever had a kennin within two AKB48 groups before? I know, Team 8 are different. But they are a part of AKB, they're not a sister group. I see why they don't get their own single, because as far as I can tell no Team has ever had their own single? With the exceptions of the first single of a SG usually, but that's either because there isn't a second generation yet or they haven't been around long enough. By the time there are two generations / two teams, they usually mingle for Senbatsu, as far as I can tell.

That being said, Team 8 are treated like a Team in that sense, and thus I think they don't need to kennin a member for a Senbatsu position (or even center). We've had many Team A centers with Acchan, Takamina, Kojiharu, even one with Mariko, Paruru and if you want to count Sakura; Team K centers with Yuko and Mukaichi Mion; Team B centers with Mayuyu and one for Yukirin.

Team 4 and Team 8 are both still missing from the list of AKB A-side centers. What I'm trying to say is that I don't think Team 8 should have their own single, but Yuiyui is definitely fit to sort of be the ace for her group and center an A-side. Paruru could have been the Team 4 center if they hadn't disbanded it and then moved her to Team A, where she was when she centered; but it's not too late to make Naachan the Team 4 center. Both Naachan and Yuiyui easily deserve an A-side center in my opinion.

2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  3. jnam12

jnam12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsumurakaori
    I'm soooo late for this forum, I only started actually listening to this single. Earlier today I kept singing "woah woah woah wooaaahhh" <- idk why Anklet suddenly got stuck in my head. - now im just replaying all the time

Super late so I'll make it compact:
    • A side: I surprisingly into it, I think you gotta listen to it first rather than watch the mv or live (props to aki-p)
    • b-sides: favourite - vocal and dance senbatsu - but all of them r good (a lot of strategy and effort was put in (Also - some crazy pushes are happening on these b-sides - new entries as well
    • Team 8: I'm sad not all 47members were in it, but it makes it so much more clear who mngmt wants to push.
    • Album cover: Mayu Solo and theatre edition ofc, I see the concept they wanted but there is smthing off...
    • Senbatsu: 10 AKB members I'm ok with that - sister groups rn't doing so well, I understand / 28 members lol. / A lot "fresher" i guess - good mix of members imo.
    When was the last AKB team song b-side single.... if we talking about Team 8's lack of participation, look at actual AKB members / even pushed members have a hard time.
    I understand the Japanese G.P sees AKB48 now as an umbrella for all sister groups. (lol kohaku...)

@bonjourmarlene
    • Team 8 is "unofficially" a sister group in everyone's eyes, I think it mainly has to do with the fact Toyota sponsors them (so their national tours, costumes, trans is subsidised). Toyota just wanted a big publicity act I think. I don't think anyone would have imagined their success. A lot of fans were turned off, cuz it was 47 (1 away for 48) girls joining at once.
    • Team 4 was formed mainly for the 9th gen, they are like the current 16th gen (fresh, new, revitalise the group) Sending members to other teams wasn't smooth because A-1st gen, K-2nd gen, B-3rd gen. There wasn't a lot of "mixing" hence the grand tokyo dome shuffle. Team 4 dissolving was Paruru's "fault", she understood this huge thing was for her to be "mayuyu" (Shinobu talks about it, I forgot where). Team 4 is just where they send new members now to build experience I would say.

sorry for the long post

4. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
  5. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I don't understand why they are still making these big senbatsu singles when some of these girls are quite not even seen in the MV and do not take performances in tv shows. They should turn back to senbatsu singles with 16 members (and only the summer one being the big one), it was so much better and had more sense.

6. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    even I like song and MV, I don't like their lives at all... I usually turn off the video in the middle :hmm: it's absolutely not enjoyable for me...

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  7. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
  8. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Because it's 2017 lol

9. tomumion

tomumion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    because they need to push some youngsters, but at the same time they can't kick some grannies?
    screentimes dont matter, as long as girls included in senbatsu their fans will absolutely be happy:^^;:

10. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I disagree. When someone I like makes it into senbatsu, but is impossible to find in the MV and impossible to find on tv (if the tv show even has more than 16 members), I am not "absolutely happy," I am frustrated and unhappy. Is it better than not making it into senbatsu? Yes, but barely.

The problem is the choreography. Go back and watch some live performances of BtW* (32 nin) or NnM (35 nin). The members move around from back to front so the camera can find them. I don't see that in the performances of Anklet, even when they have the full senbatsu on tv.

* Japan Record Awards was an exception. Too many members on too small a stage.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    They can’t let her be this savage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    It has no sense cause if the senbatsu girl is barely seen in tv shows or MV, how could the push work? The GP and casual fans wouldn't even pay attention to her. It's a kind of push that doesn't work, it's just a way to make fans of these girls "happy"... just that.

Excluding summer singles, they should mantain senbatsu singles with 16 members, so every girl could have her screentime, even if it's just a little... and starting to remove some nuisance members like Minegishi or some random sub-group girls, to have a decent senbatsu and promote new gen, giving to her a decent screentime.

13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I still think 21 is a good number to include the staples and pushes.

But we are very close to discussing who the staples ere, the SG inclusion in senbatsu and so on... so let's not lol

14. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi

if the video does not show watch the video here

11gatsu no Anklet on Music Station

15. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Except it’s AKB48
    Didn’t someone say they’ll leave the 48G for the 46G? Why are they still here :confused:

Nowadays, with the 20+ Senbatsu members, I feel like even if a girl is in Senbatsu for the 10th consecutive row, they won’t be known because you can’t even see them. I feel like the only exception where a girl is not as popular as expected when pushed is Miion. Not calling her a failed push, don’t put words in my mouth, but she has really not been able to meet the level of popularity that her push has been saying.

16. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    It's actually AKB48 to be technical or for the sake of argument it's actually AKB48G

Unless from now on they make MV's like NGT 2nd where its 12min long with English subtitles or the mv is like the U-17 song where I think the screen distribution is pretty fair for everyone (25+ members)

17. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    I don't answer for the first time for you:asdfgh:! I mean no more discusion about politics-mngmnt game of 48G (although once I broke the promise speaking about the shuffle :^^;:), not like music act!

18. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

@STS
    :confused::confused::confused:

19. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    sometimes I miss here the "Translate from Japanese" button from twitter

20. ABF48