TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    LOL- Kpop is (in terms of training & such) is such a different "Level" of difficulty - It's not good enough to be "dance good" or "sing well" - You basically have to be a Non-Stop cheerleader while dancing in sync w/ 5-8 other girls while at the same time Sparkling just enough to stand-out at "key moments" & blending in others.

I personally think Sakura could do "BETTER" in Kpop (on a Prod 101 show) than Jurina. Jurina already has her habits & she's been at this for 10 years? Sakura is still "Hungry" & wasn't "given anything" except thru FAN Support. Jurina has always been Aki-P's little darling & never had to 'fight for anything' in SKE (My Opinion)- is she talented- YES. Has she returned on her Investment- Yes...but that's AKB. Sakura could adapt & mold herself & find what works (or change herself) Faster than Jurina could at this point - Plus, Sakura is Cuter.....and by that I mean "Aegyo".

What is "Aegyo"? - it's to KPOP what Kawaii is to Japan. Jurina has looked 21 since she was 15! - Sakura is what 19? and can still pull out an innocently kawaii 15-16. If you think a Japan gal can't use "Aegyo" to conquer a country google the phrase: "Shy Shy Shy" + Sana & see what comes up. Want a real Korea gal to explain Aegyo in english?

if the video does not show watch the video here

While SKE & Jurina are "dancing machines" - there's a level of Grace & synchronized movement of dance in Kpop that requires a "Soft dance" but Faster precision - more Ballet than Cheerleader- here is a Moderate Difficulty example
    "A-ing" by OhMyGirl - it starts off simple then...
    *gets faster, splits into 2 groups,
    * folds back in Syncronized
    * Changes into rap stance
    * Resets to original dance
    * Splits in 2 new dances
    * Folds back in, 3rd new dance (Bridge)
    * Resets to original formation.

AKB in "singles" relies on "Ace" (or 2-3 people) to carry the Visual while others dance behind them - Every girl in most Kpop groups is the "Center" at some point in almost every song. Even the Rap girls slide & out effortlessly- No One is "Unused" on the stage - there is no "Filler" moments w/ the dances and this IS "Moderate to Easy" Difficulty level dance in Kpop.

Sakura, KomiHaru, Ryoha...and Suda Akari all could master a mix of Aegyo & Graceful Dance. But say this were like a "Black Pink" cover? or 4 Minute (or Hyuna?) then Jurina can put pull off 'Street dancing" & be Urban as the day is long.

Being that it's "Produce 48" - I doubt they'd go too 'Urban' and is there AKS girl that could pass as a "Rap member"? KPOP girls will NOT be Sweating AKB Idols I assure you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. welp

welp Next Girls

Rather than impeding, this show will be a very nice chance to show off difference colors of contestants. Have you ever seen the mighty Jurina has to work her ass off next to some no name trainees? You have known Sakura is a team captain and, in this show, you may get to see her hiding her tear to not discourage her team mates. This show can help boosting the popularity of the contestant exponentially.

I expect to see at least 1 more popular member in the show. Aki-p will want at least 1 relevant members to hype up the show. And, if Sakura joins but Jurina doesn't, it will be a very good chance for Sakura to turn the table in election.

Rather than the popularity, the very concern of popular members is income, I believe. The show will be 12 weeks long and I cannot tell how many millions yen each popular member will lost just to clear her schedule for 1 month.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    It would be interesting to see if Sakura vs Jurina takes place on Produce 48. Both are very popular members with similar positions yet different characters

I also am interested in seeing if there is a pushed rivalry between a 48G member & a non 48G member on the show

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Jurina is #1 in the Korean fanbase btw.

Anyways, since the difference between SSK and Produce is that one is paid and unlimited and another is free and limited (once per day). You will see a difference in ranking since Produce depends on whether your fanbase is big enough or how you capture the viewers hearts. The few but high spending fans that some 48G girls have will not work here. Assuming the votes will stay produce way.

And knowing this is a Korean show although airing simultaneosly in Japan (most likely via Mnet Japan), puts 48G girls in a great disadvantage. Since the show is mainstream in Korea while its a niche in Japan.

5. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    Is there any member that voiced intressed in joining pd48?

6. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    So from what I’ve been hearing, the contestants will be AKS Girls (Japanese side) vs CJ E&M Girls (Korean side)

That means we’ll likely see Idol School Girls on the show

https://scontent.fztf1-1.fna.fbcdn....=80c70e11e9f88cdd440209bfd057f5da&oe=5AC394F1

First Row: Michelle, Gyuri, Somyeong, Herin, Song Jiwoo,Yeongyoo, Somi, Nayeon, Eunsuh, Selim, Shinsia
    Second Row: Yujeong, Jina, Seoyeon, Dahee, Hyein, Sky, Myeongji, Eunyoung, Yubin, Jisun, Yuri
    Third Row: Natty, Wonhui, Haein, Eunkyul, Yeonji, Tasha, Jessica, Chaeyoung, Sun, Snowbaby, Saerom
    Fourth Row: Jiheon, Nakyung, Jiwon, Hong Jiwoo, Jenny, Sian, Yongju, Haeyoung

Bolded means they’re made it in Fromis_9 so they wouldn’t participate

Haein, Natty, Sian, Eunyoung, & Yuri performed in the IOI/Fromis_9/AKB48 special stage so I could see them definitely joining

Mikutan said she’s considering it. Sakura Miyawaki hinted at it too

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    mikurin rank got boost on this year ssk . sakura was #1 contender for next year ssk .

FYI , Sakura got her 1st solo center for HKT new album which was released on Jan 2018 ,

Mikurin also just got her first mizugi photoshoot after her mizugi banned got lifted since she was 16 y.o allready , it means both of PB or many gravure jobs will widely open for her

To think both of them will consider to join this things just a daydreaming.

also , Tanaka Miku nickname from HKT48 is mikurin and was never called mikutan afaik . If you type "mikutan" on google you'll just find anything relates with 2d idol hatsune miku .

Did you really was her fan sir ? Rofl , or you just pretending to be her fan because you've a wild dream that our 48 popular girls will join your precious k-pop showbizz ? :D

Both of them also never make a clear statement to hinting that they will join this shows .

If any 48G wants to join this show , its only the unpopular member , i'll dare to bet anything that no big member will join this show .

Your SSK Queen will step down next year , her best rivals already graduated , some old guards also allready doesnt take part since this year ssk , so whats the point to take a risk by destroying your career in the country you cant guaranteed your success ? Lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. welp

welp Next Girls

You sounded pressed. You fear that your holy AKB48 will be contaminated with K-pop like some narrow-minded wota, huh?

FYI, the show will start mid year. Sakura will have enough time to center 2 new albums/singles. (Compared to last season of which, the audition was announced to start in Jan and the pilot episode of the show was aired in June. The show was filmed week by week, filmed this week to be aired next week.)

Do you seriously think all those gravure job deals is so valuable, more valuable than possible international concert tour+ endorsement deals?

As far as I know, -tan is deflected form of -chan so, to call Miku "Mikutan" is for sure not a grave mistake (if it is at all). Just like there is nothing wrong to call Sasshi "Sashiharasan" and that even is not uncommon.

Do you know that we even discussed if AKB48's "kenkyuusei" would join, not even expected of "members" at all?

Neither both of them denied the possibility that they would join this show, which meant they thought the idea of them joining was not absurd.

I believe I saw someone bet none AKB48's girl would join the show (and all Japanese in the show would be Japanese trainees of Korean agencies).

I have seen prediction that Jurina might join the show because
    - she had been interested in K-pop,
    - she had no challenge/ nothing to be desired left in Japan,
    - taking risk was her character.
    This looked definitely like a non-fan's daydreaming. Also, all names thrown in are K-pop fans to some extents, something that non-fans definitely know.

Many fans just think it will be very interesting/ exciting to see their oshi in a never seen before setting.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. trxsh

trxsh Member

Lol this is peak stage48

Someone shoot me

• Like Like x 1
  10. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Yokochan + Ikumin join the show, win and debut as W-center. [hehe]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hugglepuff

Hugglepuff Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinomiki
    It's perfectly fine to say -tan instead of -chan, learn some Japanese before you criticize others.

Edit;
    It'd be a risk for any of the big names to join this project, so if they aren't big on taking risks, chances are they won't.

I see a lot of people commenting on how K-pop is trying to make it in Japan therefore Japan is superior because Japan isn't trying to do the same.
    Korean artists in Japan have made it already, for years now, Japan hasn't been able to do the same despite trying (Like Goto Maki, granted not a huge try but still a try.). J-pop is a pretty niche music group (outside of Japan) while K-pop appeals to huge audiences, that's why one is successful around the world and the other one isn't.
    K-pop requires dancing and singing skills that few (not none, but few) J-pop-Idols have.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Xhhejzusidjd

Xhhejzusidjd Kenkyuusei

Most big name japanese artists have never tried to debut in korea because is a waste of time, the time and resources used can be better used promoting in japan where if successful it will generate more money. Taking time out their schedule to promote in korea is just not a smart business strategy from the point of view of a japanese company.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hugglepuff

Hugglepuff Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinomiki
    Because they are bound to fail, as their music doesn't appeal to the same audience. For now at least, music trends do change. Otherwise they would... Because money.
    You're definitely right in that they are better off spending that effort in Japan.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Xhhejzusidjd

Xhhejzusidjd Kenkyuusei

The thing is that the korean goverment since the end of world war 2 has put restrictions on japanese entertainment, even when Koreans artists where allowed to preform freely in japan, japanese artists were not allowed to preform freely in korea so that already puts them at a disadvantage when performing in korea.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. GATX105

GATX105 Member

If jurina/sakura or other prominent 48 group member joins and say is in the top 3, what happens then? I take it there's a group that's formed (not sure if it's permanent or not).
    So they don't return to ske/hkt and are now part of this group?
    And regardless of whether they return or not, this path that leads to "international concerts", "endorsements" and "worldwide fame" seems like it involves more time commitment that just the time it takes to be part of the show?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    We have to remember it isn’t like they’ll be auditioning for a Korean cover group. This will be a huge project to make a global 48G that would focus on both Korea & Japan. And if done right, they’ll be very huge.

Many people looked at P101 season 1 & 2 as something they didn’t need to bother with (even with s2, they had a hard time finding boys which was why they had to delay the show). But look at IOI & Wanna One now. Shoot look at some of the shows runner ups now.

I don’t see this being a loss or burden for any of the current 48G. They’d either be part of this potentially huge girl group, or they’d go back to their original groups with bigger fandoms. Even the loss should somewhat be a win.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. GATX105

GATX105 Member

^
    It's probably doubtful if (a large number of) fans would follow a losing applicant back to where she came from -- isn't it more likely they'll remain fans of the group that is formed?
    And you might be underestimating the effect of a prolonged absence of a top member in the 48 group? Especially with a fanbase that isn't or doesn't appear to be growing anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Furumarion

Furumarion Kenkyuusei

It won't be just the girls decision. AKS/Yoshimoto, individual agencies, and record labels etc. will have to agree first.

They'll miss HS events and other Japanese activities. I doubt AKS or king records will care if Oya Shizuka skips HS events, but top members are
    different story. It's a big risk for top members. They could potentially lose their Japanese fans interest while they're in Korea, not to mention wota
    aren't too fond of Kpop. They can gain new fans through the show but that's not certain, and what if they fail?

Anyway, Jurina has SKE 10th anniversary to worry about.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    nope. usually they would follow the losing applicant back to where he/she came from. look at NU'EST, Samuel, Jeong Sewoon, PRISTIN. Most of their fans follow em to their new careers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Hmm, do you think they'll (a large number) follow losing 48 group members to a jpop world in japan (with this member just being one in a group of many).
    And follow in what way -- will they now vote in sousenkyo, buy singles, watch tv shows, etc.

• Like Like x 1