MNL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by MurasakiSora, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    So, my friend's account got deleted from the latest purge...

Anyways, I tried to like a profile but it said that I'm not allowed to do that. I also haven't received any SMS code from MNL everytime I log-in...
    but I can leave a message to the applicants btw

2. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    ^^
    like to like applicants are disable and SMS code are only applicable to supporter accounts.

Therefore we are still waiting for our confirmation . Guess im not alone at all.

3. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    I'm a supporter

4. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Sorry my bad, anyway i guess there were a lot of supporters waiting for confirmation,
    even logging in/out is hopeless and the live update from IT dept. isn't helpful at all. I wish they have a tech line were we could just call in rather than waiting for nothing.

5. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Stop by this thread since a million years ago and...

the voting still hasn't ended. How long has it been?

Anyways, I can't vote but as I'm looking through the profiles, #1 truly deserves her position. She can sing, dance (sort of), and has the looks. She's pretty young too so 4 kills.

I just checked out everyone that's in the top 51 and some of the videos make me think if they're really 48G fans or just looking for fame though. Some of them sings off key despite not being tone deaf and some freestyle dances definitely resemble pre-existing Kpop dances. For example, #9, Dytto, seems/is definitely a Kpop fan. Her freestyle dance style is very very much like Blackpink's. If you check out their dances, you'll see what I'm talking about. Even the way she dress doesn't resemble an aspiring JPOP idol. Not to mention #12, Khyan, too. #21, Baby Cha, can be said the same.
    #22, Shin 06
    #32, Eunice Santiago
    #38, cess zeira
    #39, Rieeee
    #40, Crysthel
    #44, Imnicole
    #45, Lanie N (most definitely because it was stated in her description and she even danced to Heart Shaker lol)

So far, girls that I'm really feeling are Aichang, Ann Kayla (kind of underrated to be honest), Jash (very J-pop idol-y), Nanachan (openly admits that she's a K and Jpop fan and really idol like), Miyupon (cute, good at singing, seems like idol material), and Tinayganda11 (gorgeous without all the heavy makeup, great singing and decent dancing). Sort of feeling are Jes17 (probably another Kpop fan based on how her photos are taken), Daena (really pretty and reminds me of Cher Llyod), Chimi (can definitely pay a visit to the hair salon though), Indai (really pretty but ??? Her HR dance was...uhh...yeah..), Seushi (not the prettiest nor sing the best nor dance the best but definitely has that Jpop idol vibe, especially those two photos of her with a backpack), Niachi (has potential to be even better), Krey, MiiA (I really like her voice), Rieeee ("おしりも大好き" lol), Crysthel (pretty and looks mature despite only being 15), Achan, Jessa, Cristine Jan, and Jomarie

If MNL is accepting girls based on these ranks and no personality analysis or anything, the group is pretty much fcked up, no offense. I'm not being my judgmental or anything. I get that Kpop is a bigger trend in the Philippines than Jpop but after all, this is a group covering 48G songs.

Where did some girls get the confidence to do freestyle dance LOL

Just a question, is Blackpink really popular in the Philippines? I refuse to believe that all the similar dances in the names I named above are coincidences.

Oh, and one last thing, I'm placing my bet that Ashley Cloud will get in. I saw her Youtube videos before and not only can she sing and dance, she would be really fitting as an idol. It's just that vibe she gives off.

Goddammit, I spent almost 2 hours looking through the top 51 and writing this up

6. ooioo

ooioo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    @Matsui Hikari
    A bit of trivia. To be honest, Khyan was the one I voted and harped for. If you can read the second comment in her profile, that is mine. That was 11 votes ago. She's now at Rank 12.

Unfortunately, there felt some stings of betrayal to me when she revealed to be part of that Girl Power Unite group. What with all the rumors about it.

Eunice Santiago is a friend of Maris Racal and was also part of this rumored GPU and some others who have the connections to get the votes. Some girls felt it's so unfair because of their connections and the reach of their votes.

Anyhow, I managed to check the remaining girls right now. It still all boils down to whom could balance entertaining the masses here and still bring up that idol-y experience

Go beyond the Rank 51. There are so many girls who deserve your attention. There's Hayaka (my new Oshi,) Tanchikon, Alice Margarita, Rimikan, Marsela, Miyupon, Anniena and Bellina, Shaina and her other twin, Yaky.

What's important right now is they get past the 200. From there, it's all up to them.

7. welp

welp Next Girls

I remember seeing 3 - 4 Japanese names from the second audition round of BNK48 and only Miori made the cut. If they had favoritism toward the Japanese, shouldn't all Japanese have made it? Or, all those eliminated were seriously bad? I didn't see them.

1 Bahasa speaking Japanese or Japanese speaking half-Japanese may be needed for the kaigai member though. (Not every half-Japanese can speak Japanese.)

The verification process for supporters may be bad. MNL has not debuted, most supporters are mere casual fans who won't be bothered to go through verification process and they will be purged. This means the demographic size of voters will be very small and the vote will be very sensitive to nepotism and can be easily manipulated.

Most free style dances accused of K-pop resembling are simply compilation of basic hip-hop/ jazz dance moves (the genres most K-pop routines base on). If you ask any mediocre hip-hop dancer to do free style dance, you will definitely see something reminding you of Black Pink.

BNK48's Jennis has been vocal on her love for Wanna One and she has been promoted Team BIII vice-captain. The team captain, Pun, albeit less vocal, is known to be not any less of a K-pop fan. (If I remember correctly, Pun did a K-pop cover during the audition.)

Jennis addressed her love for K-pop should not be hidden, the group needed to broaden its fanbase and to reach out to K-pop fans would be a good idea, also, it felt like lying if fans loved her believing she was not a K-pop fan. She admitted she just wanted to debut in a girl group careless of the style the group supposed to be in. (Jennis has been a fan of some J-pop groups too but to a less extent.)

All better dancers of BNK, Pun, Jennis, Tawaan (so called the ace as she's good in both singing and dancing department, best singer and third best dancer) are K-pop fans.

8. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Oohh! No wonder. I saw those two profiles and thought they were the same person but wondered what's up with the two different accounts and names. It makes so much more sense now.

I wish I can browse through every single profile but if the top 51 took me almost 2 hours, imagine going through the top 200...geez. Nightmare. I did a quick look and tried to check out some profiles that caught my attention and I think I found a YG material lol. https://mnl48.hallohallo.com/profile/Cyrah. Her voice reminds me so much of what YG wants (Bom, Rose). With some YG torturing, she can definitely debut. I think I'm addicted :inlove:
    And all of them seems to only be copying that specific few moves...? Let me guess, you didn't even bother seeing them?

9. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Lets just say that a good number of the top 50 members are indeed KPop fans, and probably haven't really heard much of AKB, so what?

Isn't it that JPop idols are appreciated for being raw nobodies at the start then improve and grow as they take the idol route?

MNL48 is recruiting in a country where KPop groups are popular enough to hold concerts in big venues and get decent playtime in radios, whereas JPop is rather a small niche here. It shouldn't be a negative point if the applicants are KPoppers.

On a personal note though, I do hope that those who are really interested in J-idols do make it, like Ashley Cloud!

10. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Ashley Cloud will be a great idol if she debuts with MNL48. She is really well-suited to J-idol. I think she'll take the role similar like Cherprang (BNK). [hehe]

The group will be great if it has members like Ashley Cloud, Theia, Kyla, Seushi, Rieee, Eriii, Nam Chisul, Rien... :)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  11. welp

welp Next Girls

"coz they were basic cliche moves also rampant in American pop routines. Do you think hundred K-pop song released yearly had only these few moves in them? None of them looked like advanced dancers and neither that tiny space allowed any fancy move.

I think Baby Cha looked most skilled and her routine was the only looked really Black Pink influenced. Some moves must be taken from that popular pre-debut dance practice video of Black Pink (but it was a cover of a routine of an American dance crew).

It's not like none of Japanese 48 girls is K-pop fan and neither they join the group just to use it as the gateway to entertainment careers.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  12. Vivienne

Vivienne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Is it me or they stopped accepting registration for voters? They removed the register button, the oshi-now widget leads to the bottom part of the homepage, and the direct link to registration (http://mnl48.ph/profiles-add) only redirects them to the homepage.

13. rainrienn

rainrienn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    At the end of todays MNL48 online udpate, they mentioned that website registrations are currently on hold and you can only register using the app.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  14. Vivienne

Vivienne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Did they mention the reason? Ah, that sucks. :/

15. ryo48

ryo48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    My first post in the MNL48 thread, but my initial reaction so far is that the the producers don't seem to know that they are creating an idol group, but instead try to make a generic pop group. I found those 2 photos with audition guidelines (I have no idea if they have been posted here before) and I was totally surprised and shocked.

Attached Files:

16. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    I choked at the M.I.L.F song like omg what is this ? Who thought this was a good idea ???

17. ryo48

ryo48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
  18. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    I don't remember laughing that much nxssjsmsn this is WILD !
    Best sister group EVER :'D I'll support them hoping they'll keep being messy like that

19. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    someone posted a reaction of reddit in this thread. To summarise, the points made by the author was basically torn apart and shut down so hard I think it caused a black hole.

And I have never seen any of these pregnant girls that the article mentioned. Their ovens probably cracked miscarriage.

20. ryo48

ryo48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I have watched many audition clips from the broadcasts of the official MNL48 channel in Facebook, and most of the girls were dancing to "Despacito"...
    Although they were attractive girls, they were trying to be too sexual and not at all "kawaii".
    There are MNL48 applicants who are fans of AKB48, and who really want to be idols, but they rank very low because they look "kawaii" instead of "sexual".
    Edit: I have chat with one applicant who is 100% akb fan and really kawaii, and although she has a good ranking near the top 200 which is the goal, she is still wondering whether MNL48 management actually knows what they are doing, and she is seriously considering auditioning for BNK48.
    She worries that although they are using the 48 brand, their real wish is to create a kpop style group.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.