[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

i would rather see a kanji keya perform without techi than get a cancellation
    even a concert where techi sits on the side and sing wouldve been better than a cancellation.
    But instead of those two options we get hiragana who has 3 weeks to prepare all the songs.

suugai saying that they can't go on without techi because it will hurt her more? they moved on without zuumin, she was hurt.

2. sistren

sistren Kenkyuusei

From the members blog it seems they "all" agreed to come together and cancel Kanji's night and of course the sentiment of being all together is great, but an idol's main job is to perform. I also doubt all 21 members wanted to cancel, so there must be some members feeling very bitter about it--especially those who hate to give up. I can see them not understanding the other members, which goes against the whole 21 unity thing. But, before blaming it on the members I wonder how much management had a role, did they use staff to talk with the members for show but went in already deciding to cancel it? And why would they put the very new 9 hiragana 2nd gen members in this position. It's hard to understand..

3. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

i imagine the Kanji lockroom in a chaos after the Staff-San told them their 2 days concert got cancelled. it feels like losing the SuperBowl :^^;:

4. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    They have to say that regardless. They could be at home punching holes in the walls and making management voodoo curse dolls but they'd still put on a professional face for the public and say what management wants them to say. It's just a part of the job. Even more so in Japanese culture where there is hierarchy to everything and you're heavily pressured not to speak/act out of place. But you don't have to be a mind reader to know how disappointed the girls would have really felt.

Reminds me of that stupid hypnosis guy on Keyakake that was literaly just shaking the girls for a split second and they were supposed to be hypnotised lol. But they played along anyway, not because I think it was rehearsed that way, but because that's what you do in that situation as an idol: play along and do what's expected of you so you don't insult the guests and staff.

5. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

in kpop they wouldve gotten their accounts taken away for speaking about the problem

6. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I think what management is implying (with their decision) is that there's less adjustment needed since hiragana already has set pieces. Yes, they need to change the setlists but they would be adding in performances that hiragana already knows how to perform. Management might also believe that the remaining time is better spent spent improving the set pieces that hiragana already has and on other concert details rather than spending most of the time adjusting for techi's absence.

Lastly, while I certainly believe that many members have the skill-set to perform in techi's spot (afterall, it is basically singing, dancing and performing -- something that a lot of members are good at and not some activity that cannot be replicated by someone else), keya seem to place a high emphasis on their performances (synch and energy level) so it's not unforeseen that they might over-practice to compensate for techi's absence which could lead to over-fatigue similar to what happened in kouhaku. So while it might not be a popular decision (most fans would still probably prefer to see kanji members for at least 1 day), it's probably the one with less risk -- there's probably worse consequences to having members collapse again due to fatigue. And you won't be able to prevent the members from over-practicing especially those filling-in for techi -- and many of them probably need a little break already. And yes I considered that hiragana might over-practice too but they're probably better equipped to deal with the adjustments needed for them.

7. DRaken87

DRaken87 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Okay now I think we just can pray that hira will have an amazing three days performance in budokan, and lets hope that this will be a lesson for management (and also kanji member) that they can't always rely on techi presence to get the atmosphere. I love to see techi perform well, but i do know also that she won't always be 100% fit, and when it comes i love the ideas to see mona or someone else fill her position, we don't know how silent majority will be with someone else in center. It will be different, yes, but don't you feel excited seeing your favorite girl in the center even just for substitution?

And also i think kanji member had to stop thinking 'we can't do anything without techi' or 'we want be here complete, with all 21' cause I think this kind of thought is destructive for their own future, and it is not a good thing to keep.

8. drazaar

drazaar Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    I'd like to see some pics of dented lockers and the overall damage some of them caused :awesome:

9. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

what did techi say when management told her that kanjikeya was going to perform without her?

bokuwa yada!

10. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

Different kinds of expectation. Kanjis were probably expecting a concert if not sold out, at least with a high percentage of the venue occupied, while Hiraganas weren't even expecting to perform, so the frustration with low sales probably would be lower.

They may be seeing it as an opportunity to learn, to grow and to show themselves to the world.

It may not be a matter of lacking confidence but to recognize everything Techi has been doing for the group, that they got there mainly because of her.

11. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Of course you all are different ( if little) eye of that one case... Aren't we already had take it all sides?

Think about what about happened also... Some are left groups if them left off at even on c where them can't do it... And others are playing in it...
    Edit hot potato or red shirt... Anyway, just calm down...

12. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I've been a silent reader for a while now since I've not been focusing on Keyaki. So far I think it's pretty clear that international fans are pretty upset with kanji cancellation. But the fans that are most affected of course is actually japanese fans. So I'm curious to know what the japanese fans think about this matter. Are they also very upset or could they be more supportive of this decision?

13. drazaar

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    I talked with a fan living in japan about it the other day. Sounds like it's international fans (and non-fans) who are completely losing their shit for the most part.

14. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

that's kinda absurd to believe that 1 person in japan knows how the whole japanase fandom feels lol
    I find it hard to believe that this whole Japanese fandom is staying quiet about it, when they were the ones who blown out the whole Neru vs Sugai thing on showroom, which is more ridiculous compared to this cancellation

You don't need to go far to translate a few japanese comments to know that they pretty much mirror the same comments made in the last few pages of this thread

15. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

i found these :)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

after the Budokan cancellation....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  16. drazaar

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    ^rip [hehe]

It was a guy who's part of sugai committee who usually knows some of what's going on. Of course there are always going to be angry people too but maybe things aren't that bad. Also, I just asked the head of nen's committee how he felt and he basically said many fans aren't angry but rather calm. He still wishes they would continue to perform without techi though.

So can't really tell what everyone's thinking, some angry some accepting in the end. But maybe it's not as black as it appears :confused:

17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

There's probably an element of shogunai in their attitude and also the whole public face/private face deal, some fans may be putting out a calm image and be raging inside. Also to reiterate what onieyez said, anecdote
    evidence.

Maybe the fans should be more pissed, if you go into a restaurant and they serve you a shit sandwich, if you don't complain then they might serve serve shit sandwiches again in future.

18. drazaar

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    Well I'm not pissed, I've met both of them and I don't think they're raging either. I'm just sharing some observations from good fans. In the end you just believe what you want because you can always find all sorts of opinions and people. I thought it was stupid when they cancelled but my feeling now is "well it's hiragana covering, they're still part of the group so it's not the worst thing lol". Still hoping kanji make surprise appearance tho :^^;:. Think they only did manepa registration before the cancel but those ppl are probably bummed.

19. jan ken pon

jan ken pon Kenkyuusei

What was this about and when?

20. recursive

recursive Kenkyuusei

same sentiment from my japanese friends. they are part Koike/part Yone fans (well basically those kansai girls ;p)
    Budokan is a special venue so they thought it is better for all kanjis to experience it together for the first time, means no one being left out.

it reminds me when they decided to remake the W-Keyakizaka no Uta MV for Manafi. it was a nice gesture.