Homma Hinata (Hinatan/HinaHina) 1st Gen

Discussion in 'NGT48 Members' started by nobodywil, Sep 8, 2015.

1. r1z48

r1z48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kadowaki Miyuna
    Twitter:
    RizaMartwan
    I seem to have missed a lot of things..
    the NGT48 success at RH..
    and the exclusion of Hinatan from the 51th single senbatsu..

btw this is the pic she post at IG..
    I don't recognize the costume she wore, but she looks like a princess.. :cute:
    26187732_313708749138002_4248534765340196864_n.jpg

2. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
  3. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

I seriously love no-bangs Hinata!
    The outfit is from the U-17 song in AKB48's 50th single. They wore it in the U-17 concert too.
    From RH:
    IMG_1666.JPG IMG_1669.JPG

From U-17 concert:
    IMG_1667.JPG IMG_1668.JPG

I don't know if I can translate it properly. Anyone please feel free to correct me, but from my understanding and with some help of Google Translate, Imamura's comment goes something like this (the phrases in brackets are my notes):

During the Fresh All Stars concert (U-17 concert), Moeka couldn't attend so Hinatan was the only participant from NGT48. Among the members who will be responsible for the future of the 48 group (the U-17 members), without a favor(?) Honma has demonstrated an outstanding presence (not sure if he means on stage or backstage, maybe both?). After the show, I received words of praise from various people on Honma, which made me proud as a manager. Behind her smiling face, Honma holds a strong fighting spirit (another translation: Behind her smiles, Honma has a struggling heart that is strongly burning). She is not satisfied with her current self and still aims for more, and with that she will surely shine even more like the sun.

4. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Seriously, she really should rock this look much more often -- I love it... although I feel @Humbucker may have strong reservations about that [hehe]

She has very deep issues in her home life, I feel... she has all the fire and diligence to go much further... however instead of her HS persona being her foundation, it's a cover for a deeper, unresolved anger -- which if I can sense it, I'm sure hardcore fans can too. She can definitely shine like a star... but right now she's fusing neon into oxygen in her core... and that's not a recipe for a long career shining warmly. I hope with time, she can resolve this and rocket even further towards her idol dreams. <3

5. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    @Cisalpine88 translation of Kitarie's assessment of Hinatan rings a bell here.

6. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

It's good to switch it up between these two hairstyles every once in a while. Not many idols can rock the no-bangs look!

I don't know if her anger really runs that deep, but I always felt that Hinatan doesn't like to burden her fans and those around her, even before Kitarie's remarks:
    Perhaps she feels that getting upset about these things won't change anything, so she keeps looking at the bright side while working hard to improve herself?

Every now and then I see members say they got consoled by Hinatan, so maybe in her consolations she's also saying these things to herself?

At least two things are certain: She works hard and is kind.

The first time I saw her genuinely request something was when she said she wanted to rank in SSK last year, and her fans got her all the way to senbatsu.

She's slowly getting more vocal about what she wants now, which I think is a step in the right direction. I was VERY happy to hear her say she wants to be NGT48's center this year, and I'm sure I'm not the only fan who felt that way.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  7. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ Can't argue with Kitarie's assessment, if it counters mine -- she is, after all, their dai-senpai and captain and knows them best.

My feelings anchor on some public appearances mostly, but esp the Murakami NF! where she got to be tour guide and met her mother and sister on the street, and the Kitarie grad announcement in the middle of a live. The NF! she seemed very heavy-handed and somewhat frustrated, if competent, and surprisingly fierce with her mother... the live, she seemed visibly stunned and angry. Both just my impressions but I'm a student of non-verbal behavior and compensatory behavior being a bodyworker. Tbh, I hope I'm wrong... but those are my observations. :flower:

8. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

^ I don't think your assessment is wrong. It's the many emotions that people feel. It's something I also like to observe about the members. I agree, She acts very different with her friends than with her family. Whenever she holds Showroom with her mother we get to see Hinatan's teenager side, which contrasts with the bubbly Hinatan we typically see in NGT.
    Is it a mother-daughter thing or is it a side of Hinatan that she only shows to those she's very comfortable with?

I honestly enjoy seeing Hinatan getting appalled and embarrassed by the silly things her mother usually do and say in Showroom [hehe]

9. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    No problems about her bangs ... she's cute either way! <3 lol

==========

I don't think she's got deep issues with her family, but rather just a parents-daughter thing like many other teenagers. (Even Ogiyuka with all her "nice girl" image had some fights with her father before he started to support her to become an idol.) She clearly feels uncomfortable when her parents try to participate in her activities (SR, MV, NF), but I guess it's pretty normal for someone at her age (I can be missing something, tho). I feel sorry for her parents, they seem to be very supportive to her. :^^;:
    The only "problem" is what everyone has already pointed out: she's too reserved about showing her feelings. Probably she's got some/many frustrations but apparently she doesn't talk it to the members, not even to the captain. And she's not likely talking to her parents either (at least, I wonder if she talks everything). It's good that she can comfort others and she may somewhat comfort herself, but it's different from having someone who you can count on to vent your worries.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  10. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

That picture :lol: I love how salty she gets around her mother :lol:

I'm surprised Ogiyuka's the same as Hintan in that regard! Which means they both fought their parents to be idols, failed to make it to AKB48 the first time but didn't give up, and now their families are all very proud and supportive of their girls (albeit Hinatan's mother goes a bit overboard lmao)

11. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    Yeah, it looks like Ogiyuka is a step ahead in dealing with parents (actually Ogiyuka's dad became her number 1 supporter -- he even threw a Tokyo Tower to her last SR. lol)
    Hinatan's mom is known for driving Hinatan crazy all the time lol ... I wonder if she wanted to be an idol and then projects her dream on her daughter, telling her what to do and trying to participate in her activities as much as she can. [hehe]

12. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    In the NF where Hinatan meets her mum and sister, what I saw was Hinatan just airing her grievances when her mum tried to show fourth the image of a supportive mum when in actual fact Hinatan fought with her and nearly got disowned during the time before getting into NGT48.

From Imamura's blog, I take it management is aware that she is not satisfied with where she is (meaning they are not letting rot especially with the positive feedback after the U17 concert)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  13. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

This is exactly how I feel every time I see her mom :lol: Is this the same person that didn't want her girl to be an idol? Her mom looks ready to join 2nd gen Lmao

She's like an NGT48 wota with how much she follows the group and memorize NGT members catch phrases and punchlines, like Rittan's beam and Rika's 3yr old impression, and Hinatan gets horrified every single time!

Her mom once said on Showroom she wants to go to Hinatan's HS which Hinata persistently fought against, so her mom threatened to oshihen from Hinata to Ogiyuka and Hinatan was like "please oshihen" lol

and then there's this clip of Hinatan and her mom reinacting Sekai's MV intro drama [hehe] :
    https://twitter.com/djtoshi0911/status/955201546131656704

I think Hinatan got her love for idols from her mom :blush:

14. Momentosis

Momentosis Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Where all can I watch her reactions with her mom

15. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

LOL my mother drives me and my wife crazy every chance she gets... though that isn't to say we don't have deep yet (mostly) resolved issues. When a parent acts like a child after hardlining the child their whole childhood... there's a point at which gaman won't cut it lol. So now when there's an issue related to this -- I let her have it. I am an adult now after all, and this isn't Japan :^^;:

Which brings me around to posted points about being too reserved -- agree. Hinatan certainly doesn't let her mother get away with much... but if she does hold in her natural tendency to be frank and straightforward about group/member issues, that weight can become excessive -- which when it does get relieved, unpredictable, like a dam bursting. Not a quitter and quite strong, my take is her mallet-like straightforwardness might've gotten her into trouble in the pre-NGT past... and she wants desperately to avoid it defining her as a key NGT member -- fans will still punish an assertive female over a cute one in the idol world, esp if you're popular (sigh), so she's just safeguarding her future. But like being closeted, your true nature always comes out in the end... always.

I haven't watched many of Hinatan's SR's with her mom tho, so will brush up on that. But for someone to so vehemently oppose her child's wishes that she'd actually talk about disowning her over it, then 180 and become some kind of superfan once proven wrong... such a person seems quite self-centered to me.
    Probably a Sheep vs. Hinatan's Rabbit-becoming-Dragon (Nov. 10) :^^;:

16. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    Perhaps she was all "If I can't be an idol, then nobody can!" lol

In that NF we can see a bit of her personality:
    Lotti: But what do you think now that she became an idol?
    Mom: She got support from so many people, I'm so grateful for it, I'm so touched, oh my tears are ...
    Hinatan: THERE'RE NO TEARS!
    Lotti: Indeed, there're no tears ... :^^;:

More seriously though, maybe she had other plans for her daughter (Hinatan was even doing ballet), I don't know if she wanted her to follow that path (actually I have no idea how that thing works and until what age one can do that). I guess it's normal for any parents to think twice before letting their kids to adventure in the showbiz, which is quite uncertain for their future.

Is that her mom?? She definitely gotta problem! Call a doctor! :lol:

I can understand Hinatan being ashamed of her (I would be, if I were a teenager). lol
    Nevertheless, her mom seems to be a very funny person.

17. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ That is a nice clip. Which I'm sure, she's not going to show any contempt in front of fans for. I wouldn't... :hehe:

18. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

I can understand why her parents did that. Hinatan excels in academics and is very smart, they probably had high hopes for her as a doctor or something. They most likely felt she's wasting her future being an idol. It's not really a sure profession, and it's not really revered for its scholarly individuals, so they might see it as a waste of her potential. It would entail her paying less attention to school and in most cases even forgoing college. If this whole idol thing goes to bust, she wouldn't have the same chances of getting into a good university as she would if she invested her time studying.

Also from her mother's birthday letter, Hinata's school held a two weeks foreign language training in Australia which is essential for her academic advancement, but Hinatan missed it to go to NGT48's audition.

This is something I relate with actually. I had high grades and went to one of my country's top schools, so my parents were very upset and disappointed when I chose a different major than what they wanted. After getting in, they were much more supportive, and were waayyyyy too helpful with their own creative ideas lol

It's possible they wanted her to take on ballet more seriously since she was part of the Niigata City Ballet, and the National Theater Ballet Company of Japan called "新国立バレエ団".

Entertainment is a tricky business!

She has so many showrooms with her mom!
    This is the most recent one and it's also my favorite:

if the video does not show watch the video here

Support link:
    www.bilibili.com/video/av17852673.html

• Like Like x 1
  19. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    I've thought that this is worthwhile enough to be mentioned :fear:

• Like Like x 1
  20. r1z48

r1z48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kadowaki Miyuna
    Twitter:
    RizaMartwan
    Snowy Hinatan
    27581856_404772773269946_1479315547106574336_n.jpg 26872061_188001065287449_4678004324977082368_n.jpg