Single Keyakizaka46 6th [Glass wo Ware!] (2018/03/07)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 30, 2018.

1. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    No way, another Kouhaku drama? Come on!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. ryuu15

ryuu15 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    they will 'upgrade' their level ... ( i hope ) its fine

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

3. trxsh

trxsh Member

Oo you're right, the "oh woah oh oh oh", yeah it sounds like the style theyve used for their last few albums (that I can't listen to...)

All the glass-breaking sound effects.... it sounds like something that would have a really fun, edgy video so I'm anticipating that.

4. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I was not a fan of Kaze ni and Futari-S put the bar too high for Keyaki so I don't know if they can really beat Futari-S for me, but I like this song. And I totally agree it does sound like they're saying "Fuck you" and that makes me like it more lolol.

5. glsone

glsone Member

It does song pretty generic rock pop, which I actually don't mind. But there's something about the execution that seems off. The vocals feel flat? Little too monotone maybe. I guess because rock songs don't really have a chorus of voices usually.

It's at the bottom of the list right now but a good choreo always seems to change my opinion of the songs.

6. daner

daner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Well didn't like to me, but is understandable that they are choosing a more typical idol song. (which I'm not too much into it)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  7. Kumosayi

Kumosayi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kawata Hina
    I actually like the song a lot, and Hirate's solo also sounds really good. It will be interesting to hear the rest of the B-songs (really hoping for a yuichanzu song + a unit song with either Uemura Center or another FIVE CARDS song)

8. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    That was not bad at all. I liked it better than Kaze ni Fukarete mo.

9. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    i think we should put the song into context first.

Let's take sekai ni wa ai shikanai and bob dylan for example. Their instrumental is atypic of idol (respectively poetry reading and accoustic guitar). I've listened to those songs more than hundred time, and i consider them high production value.
    On the other hand, you have fukyouwaon, that has a classic chorus, standard electronic music as background. But it excels in hyping the crowd in a concert : that's why it's often played last. Their goal as songs are different.

Now let's talk about glass o ware. It start slowly, the chorus can be seen as weak. But you can feel the pace heating up, and many parts include interaction with the crowd (the oh oh oh call is 100% done with the audience). Also, the guitar solo part can highlight a specific choreography. Overall, glass o ware is the "fukyouwaon" type : it isn't a song you put on repeat to appreciate his music quality, but has the potential to bring the group and the fans together during concert. You see yourself tagging along, moving your arms, shaking your hips. You go with the flow, you answer with calls. This song makes you dance with the group! Glass o ware is a great mood maker.

then, the idea would make B-sides balance this mood maker with highly rich songs. A yuichanzu or a techi solo would do the trick. Or a yuipon solo?

sekai ni wa had kataru nara mirai wo. Futari saison had otona wa shinjite kurenai. So glass o ware B-side is supposed to be sweet and pleasant to the ear. or so i hope!

10. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

that's why i said before it is probably nice during live concert with fans crowded shouting the oh oh parts:^^;:

11. NanaHoshii

NanaHoshii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    habumizuho
    I love it, can't wait for the MV!

12. Hamasaki90

Hamasaki90 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    What I love about keyakizaka46 is they always bring different vibes in their new releases. This a-side is really catchy and I fell in love with this single even only after listening to it 2-3 times. The song has NMB's Dont Look Back and B'z vibes.. Cant wait for the PV

13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Lyrics here in Japanese. Unofficial, as transcribed from audio. Some real Hirate/Keyaki stuff there.

Seeing all the negative opinions, I thought this was going to be like most previous singles, where the first reactions of other people were negative, but I liked the song, myself. This time, I'm not so sure. Where's the hook? Maybe it's in the MV, which I eagerly look forward to. I'll keep listening and expect to come around, lol. I'm strongly in favour of them doing something this much like rock, anyway. EDIT: 3rd hearing and I'm coming around. But it's true there's no real letting loose in the voices anywhere.

The pace could lead to another Hirate meltdown, unless they give other members more of the dancing: Habu/Mon, Mii/Risa, Pon? Or unless this really does represent Techi's thoughts, and she has big input into the presentation, and remains positive and enthusiastic about performing it (unlike Kaze ni).

Oh, now there's a YouTube version with the lyrics in subs:

if the video does not show watch the video here

By the way, the naughty word people hear instead of the lyric "Rock you" is actually a kind of slang meaning of "rock you" that is common in songs.

14. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

We will, We will Rock You:cool: #GwW

[​IMG]

15. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    The song needs some getting used to and the performance for the visuals, but it's got potential for me. So far it sounds a bit on the fun side, though for some reason I keep on hearing "koroshite" or something like that :^^;: I need to watch the MV / performance to feel it more.

16. Endu

Endu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kato Shiho
    I'm kinda confused too. Song sounds like a lot of fun, but I was also pretty sure I heard "koroshite". As I'm nowhere near to being able to translate lyrics I guess we'll have to wait and see. Just because there's a single "koroshite" in a song doesn't mean its massage has to be dark after all.

17. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

The type that could pass for High School Musical

18. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    I often put Fukyouwaon on repeat to appreciate it's music quality.

19. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Somewhere, Bob Dylan is rolling in his grav... oh wait, he’s still alive.

Well... he’ll drop dead if he ever read his name here. :awesome:

• Like Like x 1
  20. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Piano cover by Presso